Israel - Palestinian militants launch massive attack, 7 Oct 2023 #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I understand why they had to relocate. To save their lives. And their lives continue to need saving.

They say in some articles that the delay is because roads need to be repaired on the Egypt side. Presumably they are being repaired now?

Not sure why they need to be repaired ... there are loads of trucks already sitting there ... but perhaps some of the bombing raids in that area hit some of the Egypt roads?

I think if any of the bombs hit in Egypt's territory then we would have heard about it, loud and clear, whether bombing from Gaza or Israel.

I wonder when the last time the Egypt-Gaza Strip border was open and if the road issue has been a problem before the October 7th massacre. If so, they may just now be getting around to repairing it. But I assume that provisions went through the border at regular intervals as they were shipped by humanitarian organizations.

Sadly, Hamas is holding the entire Gaza Strip territory hostage and their civilians are paying the price.

Liri Albag’s Mother Begs for Help To Release Her Daughter From Hamas’ Captivity​

Families of the abducted Israelis put up tents in central Tel Aviv to raise awareness of their dire situation as days pass with their loved ones still kidnapped.View attachment 454600

““They took her from her bed, and I want her back in her bed at home. I don’t know what is going on with her, I don’t know what they are doing, I don’t know if she ate something, how she feels, if she is wounded there. I know nothing. I cannot breathe because I don’t know if my daughter is breathing,” she said.

Albag’s daughter, Liri, is 18 years old. “She loves music, all the time she sings, she has a lot of friends, all the time our house is full of her friends,” Albag recalled.”

—-

A collage of a family kidnapped by Hamas during its assault on southern Israel on October 7. (credit: THE MEDIA LINE)

A collage of a family kidnapped by Hamas during its assault on southern Israel on October 7. (credit: THE MEDIA LINE)

* noting more names to plug in for child flyer/list

Captagon: Used by ISIS

Captagon gained notoriety in 2015 when it was discovered to be used by ISIS fighters to suppress fear prior to carrying out terrorist operations. As the influence of terrorist organizations like ISIS diminished, Lebanon and Syria took the reins and began producing and distributing the drug on a large scale.

Gaza, in particular, became a popular market for the drug, especially among addicted young individuals.”

——

Lots of articles and info on this, appears to be a big thing in the Middle East, going back a very long time.

June 9 2023

—-

September 2003

19 Oct

The world is losing its humanity - UNRWA chief​

Jeremy Bowen
International Editor

View attachment 454592
AFP via Getty ImagesCopyright: AFP via Getty Images

The Middle East is on the "edge of an abyss" as a result of the war between Israel and Hamas, UN agency chief Philippe Lazzarini has told the BBC.

The commissioner-general of UN relief agency UNRWA said violence could spill over across the region.

And he warned about the dire situation for civilians inside Gaza, calling again for humanitarian aid corridors into the territory.

Lazzarini said he fears "the world is now losing its humanity".

In an exclusive interview with the BBC, Lazzarini reiterated calls for humanitarian aid corridors, saying help "needs to be uninterrupted... predictable [and] meaningful" to help the people of Gaza.

[…]

People against ISIS terrorists is causing the Middle East and the UN to be in despair; on the abyss? The UN needs to work towards neutral. Civilians against people who chop off their head is causing terrorists to be on edge?

Peope should look at live footage in South Gaza before believing that the Gaza government and people of Gaza have no fuel, food, or water. When you see 10 people pile out of an ambulance pulling up to emergency services at Gaza hospitals, without blood, dust, or rubble debris, no paramedics in the ambulance ... it looks weird, almost like a taxi service rather than an ambulance.

It looks like ISIS is faking a different reality - hopefully no one, not even journalists and media baiters, is stupid enough to be distracted by fake hospital attacks to distract from torturing children before murdering them.

RSBM

Sadly, Hamas is holding the entire Gaza Strip territory hostage and their civilians are paying the price.
I just want to jump off your post to point out that it is not just innocent Palestinian civilians paying the price.

There are also at least 200 innocent Israeli (and other nations') citizens who were removed into the Gaza by Hamas who are also paying the exact same humantitarian price right now.

Tends to be an overlooking of the fact that these people (the hostages) are also in the exact same situation, but lacking their own ability to render decisions whether to evacuate, move, when/if they can eat or drink, etc for themslves.

We are all crippled by the brutal ISIS HAMAS Middle East Muslim attack against Judaism portrayed as Jewish people dropping bombs on hospitals.

When I first heard about, and read about, what happened that day in Israel, I couldn't read it. Videos were not yet released.

I've wondered why Hamas terrorists wore go-pro cameras to film themselves butchering people. I suppose it has something to do with Martyr-pay for their families. The camera is proof that their families are entitled to the payout.

Surely they realized that if they were killed in Israel, their go-pro footage would be released to the global community. Or ... did they expect their friends to take their bodies back to Gaza where no one but Hamas would see the footage?

I would like to see the faces of the men who owned the go-pro footage that we have seen. I would like to know their names. Did they think that Muslims would be proud of them for torturing children prior to murdering them? Plucking out eyes, chopping off fingers? What is wrong with those people? It is not surprising that no country, <modsnip>, wants a society like that in their neighbourhood.

It is not surprising that Egypt does not want to take any chances that people like that enter their community.

Attachments

• 1697784452570.png
    1697784452570.png
    153.5 KB · Views: 4
"Good evening, my fellow Americans. We’re facing an inflection point in history — one of those moments where the decisions we make today are going to determine the future for decades to come ...

You know, earlier this morning, I returned from Israel ....

In Israel, I saw a people who are strong, determined, resilient, and also angry, in shock, and in deep, deep pain ...

We mourn every innocent life lost. We can’t ignore the humanity of innocent Palestinians who only want to live in peace and have an opportunity ....

Why does this matter to America? ..... history has taught us that when terrorists don’t pay a price for their terror, when dictators don’t pay a price for their aggression, they cause more chaos and death and more destruction. They keep going, and the cost and the threats to America and to the world keep rising ....

We cannot and will not let terrorists like Hamas and tyrants like Putin win. I refuse to let that happen ....

In moments like these, we have to remind — we have to remember who we are. We are the United States of America — the United States of America. And there is nothing — nothing beyond our capacity if we do it together ... "

8:17 P.M. EDT

Two million people were asked to relocate themselves to south Gaza.
The least we can do now is provide those who did so with bread, water, and medicine.
In relocating, many will have lost any ability to provide for themselves.

imo

If i were living there, i'd insist in relocating me outside the country, shame muslims for not supporting their own, and never agree to stay in Gaza, where Palestinians are puppets in others' hands. They have one huge advantage, as Arabs and Muslims, they indeed have a larger world community they fit into. An Arab and a Muslim is already a type of national identity, it can't be lost.

Were the Jews, one of many desert tribes, any different from their neighbors when they were exiled from Judea by the Romans? Only in being monotheistic. Otherwise, I suspect, they were pretty similar to their current foes. It is true that through the centuries of exodus, the Jews acquired many great skills and probably, even better survival traits. Much later, they returned back a totally different nation, forged by bitter experience. I have noticed that many ethnic groups with horrific past share common traits. The irony, i used to consider Jews and Armenians ethnically related; however, they are similar only in the way they were treated in history. At the same time, the group truly similar to the Jews, the Lebanese, descendants of Phoenicians, are shelling their neighbors with abandon. Back in history, Jews and Phoenicians were occasionally marrying and producing famous offsprings, but go tell it to their descendants.

In Gaza, Palestinians have no future. It is stifling - Hamas is hire for money, life is poor and hating Israeli is the waste of energy serving to unify Israel. So maybe, another exodus will be a better option. The group has to separate, because who will let in 2 millions with an agenda? Well, the Jews split, too, many times, not only into Sephardic and Ashkenazi. Of course, lots of parties will shell out way more dough to keep Palestinians in Gaza, but everyone has to think of himself, and his kids.

20 Oct

What caused the damage to the Rafah crossing?​

Egypt says Israeli strikes have hit the area around the Rafah crossing point four times since it began its air bombing of Gaza.

Egyptian media said the crossing was shut down after three Israeli strikes on 9 and 10 October, which it said left injuries on the Egyptian and Palestinian sides of the border.
On Monday, a BBC correspondent in southern Gaza confirmed an air strike had hit the area around the crossing, damaging a building on the Palestinian side of the crossing as well as the road.

Video analysed by BBC Verify appeared to show a strike on the crossing that day.
Egypt now says it has opened its side of the crossing into Gaza but it remains unclear when the Gaza side will be opened.

1697793337235.jpeg

<snipped for focus>

They are living in a war zone and were advised to leave in order to save their lives. Israel is giving fair warning before they strike Hamas.

Now it is up to the humanitarian organizations to get provisions into the Gaza Strip, along with Egypt which is the only other country that has a border crossing with Gaza Strip. It's unbelievable that it is taking Egypt so long to get this done. They may have good reason, but if so, no one seems to know what it is.

I don’t think it’s Egypt holding things up now.

20 Oct

What we know about the Gaza church blast​

Details are still emerging over a blast near the Saint Porphyrius Church in Gaza. We still don't know exactly what happened, so here's a look at what's being said on the ground:
  • In a statement, Hamas reported an explosion near the Greek Orthodox church in Gaza City on Thursday, where it said many Christians had sought shelter
  • The group said the blast caused "huge damage", leaving a "large number" of people injured
  • Hamas blamed the explosion on an Israeli strike
  • The Israel Defense Forces said its fighter jets had hit a command and control centre involved in launching rockets and mortars toward Israel, and as a result, "a wall of a church in the area was damaged"
  • The BBC is not currently able to confirm a strike or assess any impact, though images shared with us do capture some damage to the church
  • The Greek Orthodox Patriarchate of Jerusalem said "targeting churches and their institutions... constitutes a war crime" in a statement in which it also expressed its "strongest condemnation"
  • Saint Porphyrius Church dates back to 12th century and is located near to the Al-Ahli hospital, which was hit by a deadly blast on Tuesday
We will continue to watch closely any developments that emerge across the day and update you as they come to us.

3h ago

Five children reported dead after clashes in the West Bank

Smoke rises during an Israeli military raid on Nur Shams, West Bank, Thursday, Oct. 19, 2023. (AP Photo/Majdi Mohammed)

Smoke rises during an Israeli military raid on Nur Shams, West Bank, Thursday, Oct. 19, 2023. (AP Photo/Majdi Mohammed) Photograph: Majdi Mohammed/AP

Thirteen people, among them five children, have been killed in clashes with Israeli forces in the Nur Shams refugee camp in the West Bank, according to the Palestinian health ministry. The Palestinian Red Crescent also said 13 people had been killed.

The ministry said six Palestinians were killed in a rare Israeli airstrike on the camp on Thursday. The Israeli military said the strike killed militants and resulted in 10 Israeli officers being wounded. More than 74 Palestinians have been killed in the West Bank since the war started.

Threat of radicalisation grows​

Frank Gardner
BBC News, Security Correspondent

There is an ominous sense of 2003 about the Middle East right now. Just as back then, Al-Qaida and violent Islamist extremism had been on the wane.

But then, the US-led invasion of Iraq reinvigorated the jihadists, leading eventually to the rise of Islamic State.

Today analysts are warning that the soaring number of civilian casualties caused by Israeli airstrikes on Gaza are so enraging populations in the region that something similar could recur.

So while Rishi Sunak and other Western leaders search for ways to avoid the situation escalating out of control, there are multiple risks emerging.

One is that Hezbollah, the powerful Iranian-backed militia in Lebanon, feels compelled to join in the fight against Israel.

Another is that angry street protesters turn against their own governments, many of whom are Western allies.

And a third is that what is happening in Gaza so radicalises some individuals, including in Europe, that they turn to terrorism.

Horrific.
I heard on radio this morning of the details of further atrocities discovered with the new bodies of victims from Kibbutz Be'eri.

Graphic details.

The link also includes hostage Haim Peri & murdered Danny Darlington. Also, survivor Lior Peri has a message for the world/ the Israeli government

Historian who's done an interesting podcast, one episode of which covers the history of the region, explaining why Britain - as well as France - also bear responsibility for the roots of this long conflict. ( Historian Tom Segev, based in Jerusalem also participates)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member