DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

MassGuy

The Monsters Aren’t The Ones Beneath The Bed
Reaction score
GazaCNN —
Multiple militants from Gaza have entered Israeli territory, the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) said Saturday, shortly after a barrage of rockets left one person dead and at least three injured.

Palestinian militant group Hamas claimed responsibility for the rocket attack.

Hamas military commander Muhammad Al-Deif released a recorded message, announcing operation “Al-Aqsa Storm” and saying the Palestinian militant group “targeted the enemy positions, airports and military positions with 5,000 rockets.”

The IDF has warned Israelis who live near Gaza to stay in their homes.

The rockets, which were witnessed by a CNN producer in Gaza, prompted sirens as far north as the Tel Aviv area, east to Beer Sheva, and many other locations in between.

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey everyone,

Websleuths does not have enough staff, time, or specific knowledge of all Israel/Palestine/Middle Eastern affairs to be able to vet / research all the background of the various publications that members are sending us for approval. Chances are, we don't know any more than you do about a particular source.

Members are going to have to do their own due diligence by thoroughly checking out the background and credibility of the sources they are reading. If you are convinced that a source is legitimate, go ahead and link to it. If your post gets Reported by other members with an explanation as to any concern, WS staff will review it at that time.

Also, as Websleuths is located in the USA, linked articles need to be from MSM, government or other well recognized agencies or individuals, and articles need to be in English or with English translation.

Thanks to all for your cooperation.

SB :)

Israel-Hamas war live: Israel says 212 hostages held by Hamas in Gaza as Palestinian death toll rises over 4,600 (theguardian.com)
14m ago18.59 EDT

Summary​

It is nearly 2am in Gaza and Tel Aviv. Here is a summary of the latest headlines:
  • A second aid convoy comprising of 14 trucks has crossed the Rafah border crossing and entered Gaza on Sunday. Announcing the crossing, UN aid chief Martin Griffiths said, “Another small glimmer of hope for the millions of people in dire need of humanitarian aid. But they need more, much more.”
  • Pope Francis has once again urged for the end of the Israel-Hamas war, calling for humanitarian aid to delivered and for hostages to be released. Speaking at his Sunday prayer, Francis said, “War is always a defeat, it is a destruction of human fraternity. Brothers, stop! Stop!”
  • Thousands of people gathered in Berlin and London to oppose antisemitism and support Israel on Sunday. Earlier, German chancellor Olaf Scholz inaugurated a new synagogue in Dessau and said he was “outraged” by the rise in antisemitism since the war broke out on October 7.
  • Thousands of people attended a rally in Paris in what is the first pro-Palestinian demonstration allowed by police since the 7 October Hamas attacks on Israel. Reuters reports around 15,000 people showed up at the Place de la Republique, according to police figures, to express their solidarity with Palestinians.
  • At least three Palestinians were killed on Sunday night in an Israeli air strike in Jabalia refugee camp in northern Gaza, medics and witnesses told Reuters. Several others were wounded.
  • UNRWA, or the United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East, has announced that 29 of its colleagues in Gaza have been killed since 7 October. According to the agency, half of these colleagues were UNRWA teachers.
  • Joe Biden held a call on Sunday with the leaders of Canada, France, Britain, Germany and Italy to discuss the ongoing war between Israel and Hamas, the White House said. Earlier in the day, the US president held a call with the Israeli prime minister, Benjamin Netanyahu.
  • Benjamin Netanyahu said that French president Emmanuel Macron and Dutch prime minister Mark Rutte will visit Israel next week, Reuters reports. The Israeli prime minister’s office said in a statement that the two leaders “will arrive on Monday and Tuesday” and meet with Netanyahu.
  • Israel “cannot go back to the status quo”, US secretary of state Antony Blinken said in his NBC interview on Sunday. When asked whether it is clear who is going to govern Gaza once the war is over, Blinken said: “They can’t go back to the status quo with Hamas being in a position in terms of its governance of Gaza to repeat what it did.”
  • The Israeli military reports that one of its tanks accidentally hit an Egyptian post near the Gaza border and expresses sorrow over the incident, Reuters reports. An Egyptian army spokesperson said that border watchmen sustained minor injuries.

''Today, President Joseph R. Biden, Prime Minister Trudeau of Canada, President Emmanuel Macron of France, Chancellor Olaf Scholz of Germany, Prime Minister Giorgia Meloni of Italy, and Prime Minister Rishi Sunak of the United Kingdom spoke regarding the ongoing conflict between Israel and the terrorist organization Hamas. The leaders reiterated their support for Israel and its right to defend itself against terrorism and called for adherence to international humanitarian law, including the protection of civilians. They welcomed the release of two hostages and called for the immediate release of all remaining hostages. They committed to close coordination to support their nationals in the region, in particular those wishing to leave Gaza.

The leaders welcomed the announcement of the first humanitarian convoys to reach Palestinians in need in Gaza and committed to continue coordinating with partners in the region to ensure sustained and safe access to food, water, medical care, and other assistance required to meet humanitarian needs. The leaders committed to continue close diplomatic coordination, including with key partners in the region, to prevent the conflict from spreading, preserve stability in the Middle East, and work toward a political solution and durable peace.''

Oct 22, 2023 #Israel #Gaza #MSNBC
Daphne Richemond-Barak, adjunct scholar at the Modern War Institute at West Point, joins MSNBC’s Alex Witt to discuss the 'Gaza Metro'.

The Biden administration has pressed Israel to delay its imminent invasion of Gaza to allow for the release of more hostages held by Hamas and for aid to reach Gaza,
according to two sources briefed on the discussions.
“The [administration] pressed Israeli leadership to delay because of progress on the hostage front,” and the need to get trucks of aid into Gaza, one person familiar with the discussions said.

A senior Israeli official denied the US is seeking a delay of its ground incursion into Gaza. “We deny this report. We have a close dialogue and consultations with the US administration. The US is not pressing Israel in regards to the ground operation,” the official said.

When President Joe Biden was asked Saturday if he was encouraging Israel to delay the invasion, he responded: “I’m talking to the Israelis.”

Israel has not indicated they are considering a ceasefire.

All emphasis mine.

Well, which is it ?
The title and first few paragraphs say one thing, then the writer of this article says something else entirely.
Flip-flopping --- or, this is a fluid situation that's constantly shifting and makes it impossible to accurately report anything.

From above link :
Hamas does not appear to have gotten anything concrete out of the Friday release of Americans Judith Tai Raanan and her 17-year-old daughter, Natalie Raanan.
Bolding mine.

Oh I doubt that. Any $$ exchanged to Hamas , via the 'aid trucks' ?
If nothing else, they both hold US-Israeli citizenship and maybe Hamas thought those hostages may have been to risky ?
This is more possible -- imo.

Don't get me wrong -- I am so happy they're safe !!
Omo.

Last edited:
@MyBelle
I couldn’t bring over your post from the last thread, so I’m just doing a screenshot.

IMG_7677.jpeg

With due respect, I’m not certain what you’re wondering about?

Yes, allies have stood with Israel and are helping. Thank God.

But all around the world, in the Arab world but also in the Western world, there are millions of people flooding rallies demanding the death of Israel, even now, when clearly Israelis are the victims of terrible atrocities. Primarily civilians, as you know.

Israel and the U.S. have allies, but we also have enemies.

Here in my own hometown of NYC there have been rallies completely denigrating Israel and minimizing or outright denying that babies and women and the elderly were killed, raped, brutalized and kidnapped.

I’m sorry about your friend’s uncle and I definitely understand. I knew nine people in the WTC who died and I had one friend who was on one of the planes that hit the first tower. One of my friends was identified only by a bone from his palm.

Yes, it’s terrible enough without pictures, but you DID see pictures from 9/11, however it was only what cameraman could film from the outside, and some from the lobby and a staircase.

You and I and all of us saw the towers aflame, the people jumping from the windows, the buildings collapsing, people choking on dust and soot.

Had there been video of people dying inside the WTC, it would have been destroyed when the buildings fell.

If that footage were available, I would watch. The truth is true. I want to know the truth.

Israel DOES know which parts of the world don’t believe the brutal reality of what happened. We have all seen and heard them wishing death and destruction to Israel and people praising the terrorists.

I am glad that Israel is going to reveal the most macabre footage to international journalists. The announcement from Israel specifically states that so many don’t believe it could be as bad as claimed, therefore they will show it to those journalists willing to see it.

IMO, those who hate Israel and Jewish people will claim that it still didn’t happen. That Israel is using A.I. or something.

I mean there are still people who don’t believe the Holocaust is true, still people who think 9/11 was done by America.

The truth is true and I want to know the truth.

It also makes me feel that the victims did not die so alone and so in vain if we are here to bear witness.

IMO

The US government has asked Israel to delay its ground invasion of Gaza in a bid to free more hostages that were captured by Hamas - and to help aid enter into the war-torn strip, according to insiders.

More than 200 people are believed to be kidnapped by the terrorists, and on Friday, two Americans were freed from Gaza amid the escalating conflict.

A source who spoke to CNN said: 'The [administration] pressed Israeli leadership to delay because of progress on the hostage front.'
Red emphasis mine.

Unless the white house or the IDF themselves put out a statement ... I'm calling this into question.

"A source" is not a confirmed fact; my .02.

I believe Israel needs to strike now and punch as hard as possible -- or this civilian slaughter will happen again.
Imo -- these people, Hamas or a splinter group, aka co-conspirators, will not stop.
I don't think Iran is suddenly going to reign in their Hezbollah, either.

Here's a link from yesterday debunking this article :

Omo.

Live updates: Israel-Hamas war rages as Gaza hospitals warn of "humanitarian catastrophe" (cnn.com)
9 min ago

Hamas: Top official and Iran’s foreign minister discuss how to stop Israeli strikes on Gaza​

Hamas said its political bureau chief Ismail Haniyeh received a phone call from Iranian Foreign Minister Hossein Amir-Abdollahian late Sunday to discuss “how to use all methods to stop” Israeli strikes on Gaza.

They also “discussed the latest developments related to the Zionist aggression against the Gaza Strip,” Hamas said via the messaging platform Telegram.

Iran’s Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei has said Tehran was not involved in the Hamas attack on Israel, but has praised the assault.

According to US officials, there is no “direct information” linking these attacks to Iran at this time, but Washington believes Iran is “broadly complicit” in Hamas attacks in Israel.

Israel-Hamas war live: Israel says 212 hostages held by Hamas in Gaza as Palestinian death toll rises over 4,600 (theguardian.com)
2m ago01.11 BST

Jonathan Conricus, the spokesperson for the Israel Defence Forces, has been speaking to Australia’s ABC broadcaster.

He said that any countries accusing Israel of war crimes were not democracies and “were not in any position to lecture Israel about anything related to humanitarian issues”.

Anyone out protesting against Israel was either “uninformed or really filed with hate towards Israel based on things that have nothing to do with what’s going on in Gaza right now.

Asked about the siege of Gaza, including the cutting off of water supplies and accusations that Israel was imposing collective punishment on the area’s inhabitants, Conricus said Israel in fact had only ever supplied about 10 per cent of the water to Gaza. The rest was pumped from Gaza’s aquifer, he said (although as the ABC interviewer pointed out, without fuel, which Israel has also cut off, this is no longer possible).

“I don’t think we should be forced to provide sustenance to the very same enemy that is firing rockets at our civilians and trying to kill our civilians,” Conricus said. He also claimed that there was still fuel in Gaza, which had been stolen by Hamas.

Asked about UNICEF concerns over newborn babies in hospital incubators in northern Gaza, where everyone has been told to evacuate or risk being considered a terrorist supporter, Conricus replied:

We will not target the civilian popular, they are not our enemy. We have told the civilian population to evacuate northern Gaza out of concern for their safety ... we have said that the effort should be made by anyone who can.

Live updates: Israel-Hamas war rages as Gaza hospitals warn of "humanitarian catastrophe" (cnn.com)
9 min ago

Hamas: Top official and Iran’s foreign minister discuss how to stop Israeli strikes on Gaza​

Hamas said its political bureau chief Ismail Haniyeh received a phone call from Iranian Foreign Minister Hossein Amir-Abdollahian late Sunday to discuss “how to use all methods to stop” Israeli strikes on Gaza.

They also “discussed the latest developments related to the Zionist aggression against the Gaza Strip,” Hamas said via the messaging platform Telegram.

Iran’s Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei has said Tehran was not involved in the Hamas attack on Israel, but has praised the assault.

According to US officials, there is no “direct information” linking these attacks to Iran at this time, but Washington believes Iran is “broadly complicit” in Hamas attacks in Israel.
Green bolding mine.
Ugh !
Graphic comment :

From reports coming out, it sounds like terrible things were done to the women ?
Possible disfigurement and torture.
Before they were savagely butchered.
It sounds like the men and children didn't escape the horrors inflicted before their deaths.
Can't call Hamas 'animals' as animals are innocent and will protect their own.
Monsters would be appropriate.

Iran's supreme leader A.A. Khamenei should be ashamed of himself.
He must have family members he cares about.
How would he feel if they were hurt and killed ?
Not that any decent human being wishes that, on anyone.
Omo.

Green bolding mine.
Ugh !
Graphic comment :

From reports coming out, it sounds like terrible things were done to the women ?
Possible disfigurement and torture.
Before they were savagely butchered.
It sounds like the men and children didn't escape the horrors inflicted before their deaths.
Can't call Hamas 'animals' as animals are innocent and will protect their own.
Monsters would be appropriate.

Iran's supreme leader A.A. Khamenei should be ashamed of himself.
He must have family members he cares about.
How would he feel if they were hurt and killed ?
Not that any decent human being wishes that, on anyone.
Omo.
I'm going with barbarians. :mad:

• Barbarians fight because they enjoy violence. They do not only kill and maim—the armies of civilized states do that all the time—but go out of their way to inflict pain, to torture, to rape, and above all to humiliate. They exult in their enemies’ suffering. That is why they like taking pictures of their weeping, terrified victims; why they make videos of slow beheadings; and why they dance around mutilated corpses.
  • Barbarians live for grievance—grievance against those who they believe have wronged them, but also against those who enjoy the good things in life. That is why they enjoy wrecking homes and kidnapping children and, as Russian soldiers have done in southern Ukraine, raping women. That is why they excel at building only certain kinds of things—arsenals and strongholds, booby traps and minefields, sports stadiums and missiles of all kinds, but not places of beauty and contemplation, elegance and human proportion. They prefer either the fetid bunker or the gaudy palace and despise the suburban garden or the tranquil quadrangle. They dream of an unrealizable utopia, in which their nation dominates the Earth, or their religion extirpates all others, or their enemies grovel for a mercy they will never grant.
Read: Understanding Hamas’s genocidal ideology

The Biden administration has pressed Israel to delay its imminent invasion of Gaza to allow for the release of more hostages held by Hamas and for aid to reach Gaza,
according to two sources briefed on the discussions.
“The [administration] pressed Israeli leadership to delay because of progress on the hostage front,” and the need to get trucks of aid into Gaza, one person familiar with the discussions said.

A senior Israeli official denied the US is seeking a delay of its ground incursion into Gaza. “We deny this report. We have a close dialogue and consultations with the US administration. The US is not pressing Israel in regards to the ground operation,” the official said.

When President Joe Biden was asked Saturday if he was encouraging Israel to delay the invasion, he responded: “I’m talking to the Israelis.”

Israel has not indicated they are considering a ceasefire.

All emphasis mine.

Well, which is it ?
The title and first few paragraphs say one thing, then the writer of this article says something else entirely.
Flip-flopping --- or, this is a fluid situation that's constantly shifting and makes it impossible to accurately report anything.

From above link :
Hamas does not appear to have gotten anything concrete out of the Friday release of Americans Judith Tai Raanan and her 17-year-old daughter, Natalie Raanan.
Bolding mine.

Oh I doubt that. Any $$ exchanged to Hamas , via the 'aid trucks' ?
If nothing else, they both hold US-Israeli citizenship and maybe Hamas thought those hostages may have been to risky ?
This is more possible -- imo.

Don't get me wrong -- I am so happy they're safe !!
Omo.
The reporter must be confident the unnamed sources are telling the truth about the U.S. wanting to hold off on the ground invasion until more hostages are released. If Israel refuses to comply, I think this will turn really ugly fast for that senior Israeli official who also is not named.

JMO

Israel-Hamas war live: White House promises ‘continued flow’ of aid as 14 more trucks enter Gaza (theguardian.com)
8m ago01.31 BST

Israeli warplanes bombarded areas near three hospitals in the Gaza Strip early on Monday, Palestinian media reported according to Reuters, but it was not immediately clear whether the hospitals themselves suffered damage. The news agency writes:

"There was no immediate comment from the Israeli military on the reports, which said Israel had struck near Gaza City’s Shifa and Al-Quds hospitals and near the Indonesian Hospital, in the enclave’s north.

The director of the Indonesian Hospital told Al Jazeera the Israeli bombardment caused “serious damage and injuries,” without providing details.

Reuters was not immediately able to confirm the reports. There were no immediate reports of damage or injuries at or near the other two hospitals.
"

9 min ago

imo, Iran's Supreme Leader is lying and the U.S. has made it clear they know it. I think Iran's priority is the money that the U.S. promised in exchange for the release of hostages last month.

60 Minutes just ran a story on the Iranian-American, Emad Shargi, who was arrested and held hostage by Iran for several years and he did absolutely nothing wrong. He and his wife, also Iranian-American wanted to visit their homeland. His Iranian father warned him not to do it. Now he is free, thanks to the Biden administration negotiations with Iran but I'm also betting those billions Biden promised are now frozen.

JMO

An American dad who'd been imprisoned on what he calls "ludicrous" charges in Iran before a prisoner swap deal brought him home wants to move on from that chapter in his life, but not without sharing a warning about his harrowing experience.

On Sept. 18, the U.S. reached a deal with Iran to release billions in frozen Iranian funds in exchange for freeing Emad Shargi and four other Americans who had been detained in Iran. The deal has faced an onslaught of scrutiny and criticism in the wake of Hamas' deadly Oct. 7 attack on Israel. Hamas, which the U.S. designates as a terrorist organization, has historically maintained strong ties with Iran.

"Hostage-taking didn't start with us and it won't end with us," Shargi said. "It is incumbent upon us in the United States and in Europe to come up with policies that stops innocent people being taken as hostages. And those policies need to be stronger than sanctioning somebody."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicejean1980