Israel - Palestinian militants launch massive attack, 7 Oct 2023 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The reporter must be confident the unnamed sources are telling the truth about the U.S. wanting to hold off on the ground invasion until more hostages are released. If Israel refuses to comply, I think this will turn really ugly fast for that senior Israeli official who also is not named.

JMO
Yeah, well who knows. Maybe ? (Re. the reporting being confident that he's being told the truth.)

This situation is incredibly difficult and horrendous.
The hostages could very well be deceased.
I think -- Hamas would have to show a modicum of mercy that I don't think they're capable of -- esp. in regards to the hostages who only have Israeli citizenship.
They'd have to have keep these people alive and tend to the wounded.

Like, the full wrath of Hamas might fall on those whom Hamas considers, "their deadliest enemies" ?
Could be totally wrong --- but I think that having dual citizenship with another nation may have helped to keep the two released women alive ?
Idk, just guessing.
There might be a ton of negotiating going on that we aren't privy to, so to speak.

What if --for instance-- Hamas says to Israel : "Hold off on the ground invasion for two weeks and we'll release four hostages." ?
And during that time they scurry around like sneaky little creatures and relocate their weapons/ammo from the destroyed areas and set their equipment up in different tunnels ?
And then the two weeks is up, and they say something like : "Welp, too bad, so sad. Your previous rocket attacks killed them. This was your fault. No hostages will be released ."

Hamas and their supporters are --imo-- liars.
I think the best hope for any surviving hostages is for Israel to go in and not give them any more time to retaliate around and inside people's homes, mosques, or hospitals.
Omo.

Israel-Hamas war live: White House promises ‘continued flow’ of aid as 14 more trucks enter Gaza (theguardian.com)
30m ago01.48 BST

A bit more from that ABC interview with IDF spokesperson Jonathan Conricus. Asked whether a ground invasion of Gaza was inevitable, he said:

"The aim here is to totally dismantle Hamas from its military capabilities. If that can be done from the air … with very limited exposure to our troops and less damage on the ground that would be great.

If Hamas were to come out of their hiding places that they hide underneath the civilians … and return our hostages, all 212 of them, and surrender unconditionally, then the war would end.

If they won’t, we will probably have to go in and get it done.
"

Asked whether invasion had been delayed in order to get the hostages out, he was reluctant to give any insight into Israel’s deliberations:

"That’s a very good question. The answer I can provide is that we are going to dismantle Hamas totally and we’re going to bring our people home."

Yeah, well who knows. Maybe ? (Re. the reporting being confident that he's being told the truth.)

This situation is incredibly difficult and horrendous.
The hostages could very well be deceased.
I think -- Hamas would have to show a modicum of mercy that I don't think they're capable of -- esp. in regards to the hostages who only have Israeli citizenship.
They'd have to have keep these people alive and tend to the wounded.

Like, the full wrath of Hamas might fall on those whom Hamas considers, "their deadliest enemies" ?
Could be totally wrong --- but I think that having dual citizenship with another nation may have helped to keep the two released women alive ?
Idk, just guessing.
There might be a ton of negotiating going on that we aren't privy to, so to speak.

What if --for instance-- Hamas says to Israel : "Hold off on the ground invasion for two weeks and we'll release four hostages." ?
And during that time they scurry around like sneaky little creatures and relocate their weapons/ammo from the destroyed areas and set their equipment up in different tunnels ?
And then the two weeks is up, and they say something like : "Welp, too bad, so sad. Your previous rocket attacks killed them. This was your fault. No hostages will be released ."

Hamas and their supporters are --imo-- liars.
I think the best hope for any surviving hostages is for Israel to go in and not give them any more time to retaliate around and inside people's homes, mosques, or hospitals.
Omo.
The reporter knows the name of his sources. If it was just one source, I doubt he would have run the story.

Iran has a long history of holding hostages in exchange for money. I think Iran is behind the Hamas attack on Israel.

I think the $6 billion Biden promised Iran last month in exchange for the 5 Iranian-American hostage releases isn't going to Iran until ALL the hostages now held by Hamas are released. Remember, the love of money is the root of ALL evil and nothing is more evil than terrorists. Whether they call themselves Hamas, Al-Quida, ISIS. They all are a threat to humanity.

JMO

Live updates: Israel-Hamas war rages as Gaza hospitals warn of "humanitarian catastrophe" (cnn.com)
1 hr 15 min ago

Infants' lives at risk if electricity stops, Gaza doctor warns​

[...]

"Most of [the] babies depend[ing] on ventilators will die because we can save only one [or] two babies but, we cannot save all babies," he said.

Al-Bulbul spoke amid concerns that fuel supplies essential to keeping hospital generators on and electricity running are perilously low. Earlier Sunday, the UN agency aiding Palestine refugees (UNRWA) cautioned that its fuel reserves will deplete in three days, jeopardizing humanitarian efforts in Gaza.

The nursery at Al-Shifa hospital, which has 45 incubators, predominantly cares for preterm babies resulting from high-risk pregnancies, al-Bulbul said.

"Unfortunately, at the moment we have not any medical supply — the essential drugs which is essential drugs as lifesaving for baby in the first two hours of life," he said.

Highlighting the severe shortage of essential medicines, the doctor revealed they had run out of surfactant and had used their last vial of caffeine citrate on Sunday.

The unit is overwhelmed with caseloads, most infants are critically ill and the medical team has worked 18 straight days, leaving them exhausted, he added.

Omer Balva, a 22-year-old native of Rockville, Md., was back from his home in Israel. Then, during his U.S. vacation earlier this month, Hamas stormed southern Israel, kidnapping hundreds and killing more than 1,000.
Balva’s reserve infantry unit in the Israel Defense Forces quickly recalled him.

But before his return, he wanted to gather supplies he knew that soldiers in his unit might need. So he and his friend Ethan Missner, who has known Balva since they were 7-year-old students at Charles E. Smith Jewish Day School in Rockville, went shopping. They bought knee pads, elbow pads, earmuffs and other supplies for the 9203rd Battalion of the Alexandroni Brigade, Missner recalled. The two spent Balva’s last night stateside at Missner’s parents’ home in Potomac, stuffing a duffel bag full of gear.

A week later, Balva was dead. The Israeli American was killed Friday by an antitank missile fired from Lebanon by the militant group Hezbollah while his unit served on that country’s border with Israel, the IDF confirmed.
“He was such a loving person,” Missner, 23, said Sunday. “He brought a lot of light to the world.”

The Charles E. Smith Jewish Day School community — including graduates, students, faculty and staff — is “completely devastated and heartbroken” to learn of Balva’s death, said Rabbi Mitchel Malkus, head of the school.
“Omer was a beloved student,” Malkus said in an email. “He was an unabashed advocate for the state of Israel. He is a hero to the state of Israel, the Jewish people and the school. We mourn his loss.”

Attachments

• IMG_1012.jpeg
    IMG_1012.jpeg
    104.2 KB · Views: 7
“I am deeply sorry for the image displayed at Spartan Stadium, which made many of our community feel alienated and unsafe,” interim university President Teresa Woodruff said Sunday. “It was unacceptable. I asked last evening for a full review of this university event and will take all necessary steps to align our messages and actions to our values.

“I will work with our Jewish community and every member of minoritized populations to ensure Spartans feel that this is a place where everyone can live, work, go to class and attend events that are welcoming.”

Video captures air strike near Gaza’s Al-Quds Hospital

A video posted by Al Jazeera Arabic on X, formerly Twitter, has captured the moment that an Israeli strike hit the vicinity of Al-Quds Hospital in Gaza.
People in medical uniform as well as civilians scrambled to take cover amid the loud explosion and sound of broken glasses following the strike.
Earlier, the media director of the Palestinian Red Crescent told Al Jazeera that the Al-Quds Hospital received a warning of a possible bombardment “at any moment”.

I had never heard of The Five Eyes. Very impressive group of intelligence chiefs from five countries concerned about national security and China's role.

Formed after World War II to gather intelligence, the Five Eyes is made up of the U.S., the United Kingdom, Canada, Australia and New Zealand. Domestic intelligence directors from each country, including FBI Director Christopher Wray, made their first joint public appearance ever last week to issue a stark warning: China is conducting an ongoing global espionage campaign.

This is the way of the world in Iran right now. They beat their own 16-year old citizen into brain death because she wasn’t wearing a hijab.

This is the country supporting Hamas and Hezbollah. This is the country for which we just unfroze 6 billlion dollars.

Allegedly to be used for “humanitarian“ purposes, but we can see how inhumane they actually are.

Not just for Israel, but for the freedom of the whole world, we cannot allow these proxies of Iran to flourish. Not in Israel, not in America, not anywhere.

Hamas=Isis

IMO

The reporter knows the name of his sources. If it was just one source, I doubt he would have run the story.

Iran has a long history of holding hostages in exchange for money. I think Iran is behind the Hamas attack on Israel.

I think the $6 billion Biden promised Iran last month in exchange for the 5 Iranian-American hostage releases isn't going to Iran until ALL the hostages now held by Hamas are released. Remember, the love of money is the root of ALL evil and nothing is more evil than terrorists. Whether they call themselves Hamas, Al-Quida, ISIS. They all are a threat to humanity.

JMO
That's entirely possible. ^^^
Esp. the bolded.

I was agreeing with your comment, just wanting to point out other scenarios.
A bid for frozen assets -- but what will Iran do if the $$ is released ?
Build more weapons to attack Israel ?
Humanitarian purposes ? (Doubtful, imo.)

Here's an article I saw on Yahoo --the full article is take by Yahoo from the UK's Telegraph, but it's behind a paywall :
".... but never mention that Israel has repeatedly offered to fully reinstate all supply lines if Hamas frees its hostages.

It appears that for Hamas leaders living in luxury in Qatar, keeping the 199 hostages captive is more important than the wellbeing of their own people."
When Israel withdraws, as in the case of Gaza in 2005, it gets no thanks but is attacked with rockets by terrorists who are committed to its destruction – the same people who butchered Israeli citizens and started this war. When Israel offered 94 per cent of the West Bank to the Palestine Liberation Organization as a separate state,
Yasser Arafat turned it down.

So infuriating but true. (Imo)
Re. the red bolded : I didn't know that about Yasser Arafat. :rolleyes:
Omo.

The UK link :

This is the way of the world in Iran right now. They beat their own 16-year old citizen into brain death because she wasn’t wearing a hijab.

This is the country supporting Hamas and Hezbollah. This is the country for which we just unfroze 6 billlion dollars.

Allegedly to be used for “humanitarian“ purposes, but we can see how inhumane they actually are.

Not just for Israel, but for the freedom of the whole world, we cannot allow these proxies of Iran to flourish. Not in Israel, not in America, not anywhere.

Hamas=Isis

IMO
BBM. Iran doesn't have access to the money.

Deputy Treasury Secretary Wally Adeyemo told House Democrats this morning that the U.S. and Qatar have an informal agreement not to move the money "anytime soon," according to Democratic aides.

[...]

Daniel Levy, a former Israeli peace negotiator, said the release of the Raanans had allowed a glimmer of hope for the families of other hostages that their cases might be possible, upping the pressure on Israeli officials to act.

[...]

Levy said Natalie and Judith Raanan were likely to have been selected for release because of their nationality, but potentially also because of the location where they were held. “I tend to think it was also about ease of movement … about who is accessible and held in a way that they were not exposed to too much when debriefed,” he said.

[...]

A spokesperson for the Qatari foreign ministry, Majid Al-Ansari, said: “We hope these efforts will lead to the release of all civilian hostages from every nationality, with the ultimate aim of de-escalating the current crisis and restoring peace.”

Hamas said last week that at least 22 of the hostages in their custody had been killed by Israeli bombardments. The group includes dual nationals from the US, Germany, the Netherlands and Mexico, amid increasing pressure from foreign governments to see their nationals walk free before Israel further escalates its assault on Gaza.

[...]

Live updates: Israel-Hamas war rages as Gaza hospitals warn of "humanitarian catastrophe" (cnn.com)
24 min ago

Thai death toll rises to 30 in Israel attacks​

The number of Thai nationals killed in Israel following Hamas' October 7 attack has risen to 30, Thailand's Foreign Ministry said on Sunday.

Thailand, which for decades has made up one of the biggest sources of migrant labor in Israel, has suffered one of the highest tolls of any nation beyond Israel itself.

A total of 18 Thais have been injured in Israel, while 19 Thai nationals are believed to have been taken hostage by Hamas, the ministry said.

That's entirely possible. ^^^
Esp. the bolded.

I was agreeing with your comment, just wanting to point out other scenarios.
A bid for frozen assets -- but what will Iran do if the $$ is released ?
Build more weapons to attack Israel ?
Humanitarian purposes ? (Doubtful, imo.)

Here's an article I saw on Yahoo --the full article is take by Yahoo from the UK's Telegraph, but it's behind a paywall :
".... but never mention that Israel has repeatedly offered to fully reinstate all supply lines if Hamas frees its hostages.

It appears that for Hamas leaders living in luxury in Qatar, keeping the 199 hostages captive is more important than the wellbeing of their own people."
When Israel withdraws, as in the case of Gaza in 2005, it gets no thanks but is attacked with rockets by terrorists who are committed to its destruction – the same people who butchered Israeli citizens and started this war. When Israel offered 94 per cent of the West Bank to the Palestine Liberation Organization as a separate state,
Yasser Arafat turned it down.

So infuriating but true. (Imo)
Re. the red bolded : I didn't know that about Yasser Arafat. :rolleyes:
Omo.

The UK link :

The U.S. still controls the release of that $6 billion and how it can be used. All Iran cares about is that money, which came from selling oil to South Korea. Iranian hostages have price tags as several presidents have learned. Iran doesn't care about its own people as the hostage held for 5 years and interviewed on 60 Minutes learned. He was born in Tehran.

This article explains how the money that was released by Biden is actually Iran's money that was frozen.

JMO

@MyBelle
I couldn’t bring over your post from the last thread, so I’m just doing a screenshot.

View attachment 455237

With due respect, I’m not certain what you’re wondering about?

Yes, allies have stood with Israel and are helping. Thank God.

But all around the world, in the Arab world but also in the Western world, there are millions of people flooding rallies demanding the death of Israel, even now, when clearly Israelis are the victims of terrible atrocities. Primarily civilians, as you know.

Israel and the U.S. have allies, but we also have enemies.

Here in my own hometown of NYC there have been rallies completely denigrating Israel and minimizing or outright denying that babies and women and the elderly were killed, raped, brutalized and kidnapped.

I’m sorry about your friend’s uncle and I definitely understand. I knew nine people in the WTC who died and I had one friend who was on one of the planes that hit the first tower. One of my friends was identified only by a bone from his palm.

Yes, it’s terrible enough without pictures, but you DID see pictures from 9/11, however it was only what cameraman could film from the outside, and some from the lobby and a staircase.

You and I and all of us saw the towers aflame, the people jumping from the windows, the buildings collapsing, people choking on dust and soot.

Had there been video of people dying inside the WTC, it would have been destroyed when the buildings fell.

If that footage were available, I would watch. The truth is true. I want to know the truth.

Israel DOES know which parts of the world don’t believe the brutal reality of what happened. We have all seen and heard them wishing death and destruction to Israel and people praising the terrorists.

I am glad that Israel is going to reveal the most macabre footage to international journalists. The announcement from Israel specifically states that so many don’t believe it could be as bad as claimed, therefore they will show it to those journalists willing to see it.

IMO, those who hate Israel and Jewish people will claim that it still didn’t happen. That Israel is using A.I. or something.

I mean there are still people who don’t believe the Holocaust is true, still people who think 9/11 was done by America.

The truth is true and I want to know the truth.

It also makes me feel that the victims did not die so alone and so in vain if we are here to bear witness.

IMO

Yes, @Arkay, you are right. I know (heard at some conference) what exactly the paramedic saw at one kibbutz. I hope someone took photos and films.

Once in history, the first, rapidly put together film, has achieved a lot.

It was shown at Nuremberg to the accused Nazi criminals. I can't say it was about the Holocaust, as it was named "Nazi concentration camps", and the only person well enough to speak was the liberated US Navy major.

But even that first film had changed the outcome of the trial, and of history.

So...if people have to live through it, we surely can see it. And should.

Hamas' Use of Human Shields, Explained​

May 18, 2021 - 2 minutes
The Hamas terror organization manufactures, stores, and launches weapons among civilian areas in Gaza. This is a blatant violation of human rights—both Hamas and Palestinian Islamic Jihad use Gazan civilians as human shields to protect their weapons by putting them in the direct line of fire.

Hamas In Their Own Words​

May 17, 2021 - 2 minutes
Hamas, the terrorist organization that controls the Gaza Strip, has been indiscriminately firing rockets at civilian areas of Israel for the past week. Hamas has always been clear about its main objective: to eradicate Israel and Jewish people, no matter where they live.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeeFab