Israel - Palestinian militants launch massive attack, 7 Oct 2023 #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Naaa not King Abdullah. He plays by the rules. He doesn’t want any trouble.

Maybe he’s remembering when ISIS set on fire a Jordanian pilot whom they had locked in a cage and gleefully watched him burn to death.

Of course the Jordanian was a Muslim, not Jewish, but according to the link, burning someone to death is forbidden in Islam:

“According to this hadith, Muhammad specifically forbade burning as an instrument of execution or torture on the grounds that it resembled hellfire. Thus, those using fire in this way are setting themselves up as God: the worst possible crime in Islam.”

No wonder so many Muslim countries do not want to accept the Gazans who cheered for these acts by Hamas.

IMO

ETA: I remember now that Rania recently condemned Israel and supported Gaza after this Hamas massacre. She should not have done that if she recalls how ISIS committed terror in her country.
IMO

Last edited:
Fabulous. So Hamas gets more aid. IMO the hospital won’t even get a bandaid.
A senior Israeli official said tonight that the aid drop was carried out in coordination with Israel and with its approval.

ETA: Didn't see that others beat me to it! I just had to google..LOL

Sorry, I don't understand....

Is Red Cross asked to find hostages and release them?? o_O

But maybe my English is not good enough to grasp the meaning of this tweet :confused:
Help!
Holding hostages is a war crime. They should be treated as POWs. The Third Geneva Convention grants the Red Cross the right to go wherever POWs might be found and conduct interviews with them.

In other words the Red Cross should be checking on the hostages to make sure they are treated well. It one of their purposes.

But Hamas doesn't follow any guidelines.

A senior Israeli official said tonight that the aid drop was carried out in coordination with Israel and with its approval.

ETA: Didn't see that others beat me to it! I just had to google..LOL

Yes. That doesn’t change the fact that Hamas hoards the supplies. They will, sometimes be very kind and sell the supplies, very heavily taxed. They’re probably running low on medical supplies in the tunnels.

Yes. That doesn’t change the fact that Hamas hoards the supplies. They will, sometimes be very kind and sell the supplies, very heavily taxed. They’re probably running low on medical supplies in the tunnels.
I read there are several facets of Hamas. There is the mafia side, which I guess is the good side.

1 hr 6 min ago

US ballistic missile sub surfaces in Middle East, sending message of deterrence to regional adversaries​

In a rare announcement, the US military said a ballistic missile submarine had arrived in the Middle East, sending a message of deterrence clearly directed at regional adversaries as the US tries to avoid a broader regional conflict.

US Central Command made the announcement Sunday with a post on social media, including a photo that appears to show the Ohio-class sub in the Suez Canal, passing under the Al Salam Bridge northeast of Cairo.

Why it matters: The military rarely announces the movements or operations of the fleet of ballistic missile subs. Instead, the nuclear-powered vessels operate in near-complete secrecy as part of the US nuclear triad, along with intercontinental ballistic missile silos and strategic bombers.

The public announcement of the sub in the Middle East is a clear message of deterrence directed at Iran and its proxies in the region. The sub, which is not named, joins a number of other US Navy assets already in area, including two carrier strike groups and an amphibious ready group.

The last time the US made public a ballistic missile submarine in the Middle East was one year ago, when the commander of US Central Command, Gen. Michael “Erik” Kurilla, boarded the USS West Virginia. Kurilla’s visit to the sub occurred at an “undisclosed location at sea in international waters,” CENTCOM said at the time.

Live updates: Israel-Hamas war, Gaza Crisis, Blinken visit (cnn.com)

Holding hostages is a war crime. They should be treated as POWs. The Third Geneva Convention grants the Red Cross the right to go wherever POWs might be found and conduct interviews with them.

In other words the Red Cross should be checking on the hostages to make sure they are treated well. It one of their purposes.

But Hamas doesn't follow any guidelines.
Hmmm...

POWs kept in camps
vs
hostages kept in unknown places, probably in tunnels with booby traps

Can somebody DEMAND Red Cross medics and staff to get involved in the 2nd option?

I guess not.

Let Special Forces/Military do their job and medics theirs IMO.

Thanks for the update & link.
So, Israel must've inspected it ?

Still do not know how much aid will get to the hospital ?
If it's only medical, will it go to Hamas ?
Omo.
IMO Israel trusts the King of Jordan but who knows.
We will never know if anything actually got to the hospital. It is only medical supplies.
My money is on Hamas taking everything.

I would think Israel was at least aware of this, as it would've happened over their airspace. Whether they approved of it or not is another story...
I think this is is a very good analysis.

As you implied, Israel has more than enough radars and high technology jets to be aware of any aircraft approaching Gaza. This could support a possibility that the Jordanians said: "We are going to do "X"- no we dont care if you approve of it or not."

Going into military trivia in the Middle East....

The Jordanians have been known for generations for keeping neutral in Middle Eastern conflicts, but are also known for maintaining a well trained, professional army. In 1948 war for Israeli Independence, the Jordanians gave the Israelis their only large scale defeat.

The fact, however, that the almost always nuetral Jordanians are sending medical supplies to Gaza in a visible way that could be interpreted as questioning Israel's absolute control over the area could be telling.

Last edited:
3:40 am

US, Israel coordinated Jordanian airdrop into Gaza — source

Jordan’s airdrop of medical supplies into Gaza was coordinated with the US and Israel, an American official tells The Times of Israel.

The official speaks on condition of anonymity.

Jordan’s official Petra news agency says the airdrop was deployed due to the fact that Jordan’s field hospital in Gaza was about to run out of supplies.

The news site publishes a picture of a single crate draped with a Jordanian flag being loaded onto a military plane.

Last edited:
2h ago00.27 GMT

Israel says it stopped firing for 'many' hours in parts of northern Gaza​

Israel stopped firing in northern Gaza for several hours two days in a row to create safe passage for civilians to move to the south, a military spokesperson told CNN on Sunday.

“Yesterday and today, for many hours with prior notice and warning, we facilitated, we stopped firing in certain areas of northern Gaza, which is the main combat area, and we called on Palestinians to move south,” lieutenant colonel Jonathan Conricus said.

Pressure has been building on Israel to allow humanitarian “pauses” in the fighting to allow aid in to Gaza.

Israel-Hamas war live: Israel launches major strikes on Gaza as Netanyahu again rules out ceasefire (theguardian.com)

Hmmm...

POWs kept in camps
vs
hostages kept in unknown places, probably in tunnels with booby traps

Can somebody DEMAND Red Cross medics and staff to get involved in the 2nd option?

I guess not.

Let Special Forces/Military do their job and medics theirs IMO.
Well here's the Red Cross themselves demanding access

The Red Cross aren't just "medics" lol.

Abdullah II, the King of Jordan announced tonight that the Jordanian Air Force has just Air-Dropped several Tons of Humanitarian Aid and Supplies to the Jordanian Field Hospital in the Gaza Strip; this Drop is the First of its kind and was done in Coordination with the Israel Defense Force who provided Security and a “Safe Zone” for the Aircraft over Gaza.

Israel-Hamas war: Who are the 37 young hostages held in Gaza?​

Israel says 242 people were taken into Gaza by Hamas militants on 7 October - among them are 37 children.

IMG_8607.jpeg

Israeli ambassador to the U.S. says Hamas is "playing for time" in releasing hostages​

Herzog told "Face the Nation" on Sunday that Israel supports a pause that would allow for the release of hostages, but said Hamas is not "serious" about releasing them.

"We are making every effort to get hostages released," Herzog said. "When people talk about pause in the fighting, we are all for a pause that would allow for the release of hostages. Unfortunately … it is not our impression that Hamas is serious about releasing them. They are playing for time. They are trying to stop our pressure and rearm and regroup themselves."

2h ago00.27 GMT

Israel says it stopped firing for 'many' hours in parts of northern Gaza​

Israel stopped firing in northern Gaza for several hours two days in a row to create safe passage for civilians to move to the south, a military spokesperson told CNN on Sunday.

“Yesterday and today, for many hours with prior notice and warning, we facilitated, we stopped firing in certain areas of northern Gaza, which is the main combat area, and we called on Palestinians to move south,” lieutenant colonel Jonathan Conricus said.

Pressure has been building on Israel to allow humanitarian “pauses” in the fighting to allow aid in to Gaza.

Israel-Hamas war live: Israel launches major strikes on Gaza as Netanyahu again rules out ceasefire (theguardian.com)
Yes, this is how limited humanitarian pauses can work. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member