Israel - Palestinian militants launch massive attack, 7 Oct 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu has just released a statement, saying that "we are at war and we will win".

In a statement released on his social media channels, he said Hamas would "pay a price the type of which it has never known".

The Israeli Defence Forces (IDF) are fighting Hamas in a number of locations, with an unknown number of casualties.

8m ago
(08:37 GMT)

Six killed, about 200 wounded in Israel: Report​

Israeli media says nearly 200 people have been wounded in the continuing Hamas attack, according to statements from various hospitals.
At least two dozen are seriously or critically wounded, a report by the Times of Israel said.
The report added that at least six people have been confirmed killed.

3m ago
(08:43 GMT)

Fighting ongoing in ‘certain locations’ in Israel near Gaza: Army​

Israeli forces are fighting Palestinian fighters on the ground in several locations around the Gaza Strip, the Israeli army has said.
“It was a combined ground raid which happened through paragliders, through the sea and through the ground,” army spokesman Richard Hecht told reporters.
“Right now we’re fighting. We’re fighting in certain locations around the Gaza Strip… our forces are now fighting on the ground.”

28m ago04.20 EDT
Israel’s police is estimating that there are 60 militants inside the country at the moment, Haaretz reports. Fighting is ongoing.

5m ago09.43 BST

7 communities under Hamas control: report​

Israels’s channel 13 is reporting that 7 communities are under Hamas control.

These include Sderot, Nahal Oz, Kfar Haza, Magen, Sufa Beheri and general command of Gaza.

Palestinian gunmen infiltrate Israel after rocket barrage from Gaza - BBC News
Posted at 1:181:18

'No comment' on reports of Israelis taken captive​

Israel's military spokesman is declining to comment about reporters of Israelis being captured by Hamas, according to the Reuters news agency.

I just saw another video of a couple terrorists with an elderly woman in the back of the car. She’s smiling and they’re laughing (clearly at her), and it’s apparent to me that she has absolutely no idea what is going on (I’m guessing something along the lines of dementia).

A later video shows her in a golf cart, being paraded through Gaza.

Last edited:
8m ago
(08:37 GMT)

Six killed, about 200 wounded in Israel: Report​

Israeli media says nearly 200 people have been wounded in the continuing Hamas attack, according to statements from various hospitals.
At least two dozen are seriously or critically wounded, a report by the Times of Israel said.
The report added that at least six people have been confirmed killed.

3m ago
(08:43 GMT)

Fighting ongoing in ‘certain locations’ in Israel near Gaza: Army​

Israeli forces are fighting Palestinian fighters on the ground in several locations around the Gaza Strip, the Israeli army has said.
“It was a combined ground raid which happened through paragliders, through the sea and through the ground,” army spokesman Richard Hecht told reporters.
“Right now we’re fighting. We’re fighting in certain locations around the Gaza Strip… our forces are now fighting on the ground.”

28m ago04.20 EDT
Israel’s police is estimating that there are 60 militants inside the country at the moment, Haaretz reports. Fighting is ongoing.

5m ago09.43 BST

7 communities under Hamas control: report​

Israels’s channel 13 is reporting that 7 communities are under Hamas control.

These include Sderot, Nahal Oz, Kfar Haza, Magen, Sufa Beheri and general command of Gaza.

Israel ‘at war’, says Netanyahu, as fighter jets target Gaza after surprise attack by Hamas – live
The numbers are going to be staggering. Six confirmed, but I’ve seen upwards of 30 bodies so far. There are also places where the Israeli military hasn’t yet reached, where terrorists are in control.

11m ago09.55 BST
Palestinian bulldozers are demolishing the smart-technology barrier at the Gaza border.
1696669590146.png

8m ago09.58 BST
Israel’s channel 12 is reporting that 280 people are injured in Israel, 30 of them seriously.

2m ago10.07 BST
The Egyptian authorities have called for “exercising the utmost restraint and avoiding exposing civilians to further risks,” in a statement.

Egypt’s ministry of foreign affairs cautioned against “the dire dangers of the ongoing escalation between the Palestinian and Israeli sides,” and warned that escalating violence “would negatively affect the future of truce efforts.”

Palestinian gunmen infiltrate Israel after rocket barrage from Gaza - BBC News
Posted at 2:052:05

Israeli PM statement in full​

"Citizens of Israel. We are at war, not an operation, not an escalation, a war.

"This morning Hamas launched a murderous surprise attack against the state of Israel and its citizens. We've been at it since early morning.

"I convened the heads of the security system, first of all I instructed to cleanse the settlements of the terrorists who had infiltrated - this operation is being carried out during these hours.

"At the same time, I ordered an extensive reserve mobilization and a retaliatory war with a strength and scope that the enemy had never known.

"The enemy will pay a price he has never known. In the meantime, I call on all citizens of Israel to strictly obey the instructions of the army and the instructions of the Home Command.
"We are in a war and we will win it.'

Residents of Gaza City have begun queuing outside bakery shops in order to stock up amid the flare-up.

Meanwhile, hundreds have fled their homes to move away from the fence with Israel.

Militant group Hamas, which rules Gaza, announced said it was behind the operation it dubbed “Al-Aqsa Flood.”

“Enough is enough,” the elusive leader of the group's military wing, Mohammed Deif, said in a recorded message that called on Palestinians to join the fight.

“This is the day of the greatest battle end the last occupation on earth,” he said, adding that 5,000 rockets had been launched.

The violence follows weeks of heightened tensions along Israel’s volatile border with Gaza, and heavy fighting in the Israeli-occupied West Bank — but also years of unresolved grievances over the treatment of Palestinians that have long threatened to erupt.
Image: ISRAEL-PALESTINIAN-CONFLICT

The Israeli military confirmed an infiltration had occurred in several locations near the Gaza barrier in southern Israel. It ordered residents to remain indoors.

“The military declares a state of war alert,” it said in a statement

Israeli police officers evacuating woman and child from site hit by rocket fired from Gaza Strip

Police officers evacuate a woman and a child Saturday from a site in Ashkelon, southern Israel, that was hit by a rocket fired from the Gaza Strip.

JERUSALEM —
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu told his compatriots Saturday that their country is “at war” with the Hamas militants who rule the Gaza Strip.

Netanyahu’s comments in a televised address marked his first since the Gaza’s Hamas rulers launched a major, multi-front attack on Israel at daybreak, firing thousands of rockets and infiltrating the country by air, land and sea in a massive show of force that caught Israel off guard on a major holiday. Netanyahu ordered a call-up of reservists and promised that Hamas would “pay a price that it hasn’t known until now.”

“We are at war,” Netanyahu said. “Not an ‘operation,’ not a ‘round,’ but at war.”

Six hours after the invasion across the heavily fortified Israel-Gaza border began, Hamas militants were still fighting gunbattles inside several Israeli communities in a surprising show of strength that shook the country.
Israeli soldiers in a military vehicle headed to southern Israel

Al Jazeera’s Rob Reynolds says ..... “I spoke by text with an acquaintance in Tel Aviv. She says she was hurrying to get into a bomb shelter. The fact that several villages including some towns were attacked and captured – this is something that has never happened before,” Reynolds said.

“This took a lot of planning, strategising from Hamas,” he noted.

“It is also one year to the day of the October War of 1973, when Israel was taken by surprise by Egypt and Syria. It appears maybe there is some symbolism there,” he added.

The Ministry of Health in Gaza has issued a call for blood donations at hospitals in the besieged enclave.

Al Jazeera’s Rob Reynolds says ..... “I spoke by text with an acquaintance in Tel Aviv. She says she was hurrying to get into a bomb shelter. The fact that several villages including some towns were attacked and captured – this is something that has never happened before,” Reynolds said.

“This took a lot of planning, strategising from Hamas,” he noted.

“It is also one year to the day of the October War of 1973, when Israel was taken by surprise by Egypt and Syria. It appears maybe there is some symbolism there,” he added.

The Ministry of Health in Gaza has issued a call for blood donations at hospitals in the besieged enclave.

Joop den Uyl was a leader of the Dutch Labor Party. From 1973 to 1977, he served as prime minister of the most left-wing coalition government the Netherlands has ever known. His biographer, Anet Bleich is a well-known Dutch Jewish journalist, and her book attracted significant attention in the Netherlands.Israel While Den Uyl was in office, the Netherlands made what probably is its single greatest contribution to Israel. During the Yom Kippur War, Israel ran out of certain types of munitions. Its ambassador to the Netherlands, Chanan Bar-On, tried to obtain them there. The Dutch government did not initially accede to his request. Bar-On then approached the defense minister, Henk Vredeling (Labor), via a high-ranking official named Henk Beereboom (306). Beereboom did not inform his immediate boss, Den Uyl. Vredeling had told him that if he acquiesced to the Israeli request, he would do so without involving the prime minister or the foreign minister. Vredeling asked his deputy minister, Bram Stemerdink (Labor), for an opinion and they agreed to supply ammunition behind the backs of the rest of the cabinet -
Manfred Gerstenfeld on Joop den Uyl

Last edited:
This is horrific.

Israeli intelligence is known to be phenomenal. I’m truly surprised they didn’t have prior warning.

I was just talking to a friend last night about how Israel was on my bucket list to visit but every time I tried to plan a trip something would blow up and I’d have to pass. Looks like I’ll be waiting longer yet to get there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saygoodbyetohollywood