Israel - Palestinian militants launch massive attack, 7 Oct 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It got crowded for obvious reason. The amended Law of Return gives the right to immigrate to Israel to children, grandchildren, and a spouse of a Jew, as well as spouses of their children and grandchildren. So, one Jewish grandparent brings in a whole big family of non-Jews. The legend of the ten lost tribes brought in immigrants from Ethiopia and Sudan. With the world instability increasing, more people will come. Not easy.

But, I think the root of the problem lies in a very unhappy timing. The changes of the world after WWII world, the Cold War and plus, certain inertia. The state of Israel was created precisely when the British colonial world was collapsing. It is as if you put in a tiny bead, Israel, into an oyster clam, the Arab world, and leave forever. Immediately, the area changes, monarchies fall, charismatic opportunists come to power and the parties on both sides of the Iron Curtain make their bets. Had the Brits stayed longer, all would have been very different. JMO, many might disagree, but I believe, tragic timing. And now, 75 years later, the world has radically changed, but old commitments stay.
I wish many Americans had not moved to Israel.

I believe Israel should have been reserved for Holocaust survivors and other Jewish political refugees.

Many Americans left their cushy lives in the US. There just isn't enough room for Americans with "stars in their eyes".

I wonder if they knew they were displacing people who had been in their homeland for generations?

Last edited:
Why won't Palestine or Lebanon take them?
What do you mean by "Palestine"???

Palestine:
It is a historical and geographical region in the Middle East, on the Mediterranean Sea, within the borders of Israel and the Palestinian Authority.

Lebanon:
Lebanon is full of refugees.
In the years since the outbreak of the conflict in Syria, Lebanon has become the country with the highest concentration of refugees per capita in the world. Refugees from Syria today constitute almost a quarter of Lebanon's total population.

Last edited:
Lots of bombs going off in Gaza

Palestine as a state does not exist.

It's part of Israel.

Their traditional homeland on the West Bank keeps shrinking. The Israeli govt keeps expanding into the Palestinian's home turf on the West Bank. The displaced Palestinians are then crowded into Gaza (which is also in Israel), It was the Palestinian's home before it became Israel. (Think of Native-Americans in the US)

I read a book by Thomas Friedman years ago. "From Beirut to Jerusalem". In the 1980s, they went everywhere and were rejected. I guess it's "tribalism". Maybe they didn't like Arafat? Either way, other countries did not want them.
I read that book back in the day too. Worthy read. jmo

My grandparents emigrated to the US in the 1930’s from a Christian section of a village in the West Bank near Ramallah.

The recent events have prompted me to educate myself on the history of the geopolitical area. It’s my own heritage, yet I’ve never before spent much time learning the history.

Respectfully sharing a few good articles that I have found, for anyone who is interested and who (like me) is struggling to understand.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2021/05/28/dueling-histories-debate-over-historic-palestine/

This is a really good article from the Wall Street Journal- it is behind a paywall but someone yesterday was able to read the article anyway---

The article basically states that Israel prepared for the wrong war--- the one they prepared for was high tech- the war they got was very lo tech

I wish many Americans had not moved to Israel.

I believe Israel should have been reserved for Holocaust survivors and other Jewish political refugees.

Many Americans left their cushy lives in the US. There just isn't enough room for Americans with "stars in their eyes".

I wonder if they knew they were displacing people who had been in their homeland for generations?

They would have gone to Israel for many different reasons, but among them is a deep longing to return to their homeland, the Biblical Holy Land, Canaan, where the people of Israel have a historical presence going back at least to the 6th C. BCE.

They hate America, too.

Yep, don't you remember all those attacks on American soil by them? Oh yeah, never happened

Lol, close. The first poster was talking about Islamic terrorist. The second poster said "Jews hate America too", I being my sarcastic self replied that we all remember when the Jewish people attacked Americans (never happened).

I took the “they hate America too” comment to mean Hamas. The Hamas hate the Jews and Americans. Not that the Jews hate Americans. The word used as They, not Jews.

https://nypost.com/2023/10/10/playb...r censored*-star-expressed-support-for-hamas/

• Angry
Reactions: abr
I'm watching a press conference being done by the families of 4 American hostages. I can't find a link to share, but it's on Fox News on my TV. It's heartbreaking.

The mom and dad of a young American male who was at the music festival and in a bomb shelter.. They said witnesses confirmed his arm was severed from the elbow down.. he and others were taking the grenades that were being tossed in and throwing them back out... saving countless lives. They were then taken by the terrorists and his phone last pinged near the Gaza border. Now a man is speaking about his mother being taken from her home.. she's 67 years old.

Now they are saying they know of about 10 other American families that are missing a loved one.

Last guy speaking is missing his son, who was serving in the IDF on the border near Gaza. Last talked to him Saturday morning and the IDF considers him missing in action.

Last edited:
I'm watching a press conference being done by the families of 4 American hostages. I can't find a link to share, but it's on Fox News on my TV. It's heartbreaking.

The mom and dad of a young American male who was at the music festival and in a bomb shelter.. They said witnesses confirmed his arm was severed from the elbow down.. he and others were taking the grenades that were being tossed in and throwing them back out... saving countless lives. They were then taken by the terrorists and his phone last pinged near the Gaza border. Now a man is speaking about his mother being taken from her home.. she's 67 years old.

Now they are saying they know of about 10 other American families that are missing a loved one.
I just watched it, also.
I don’t know where they find the strength to speak. I am shaking listening.

Ra’am’s Mansour Abbas urges Hamas to release women, children, and elderly hostages.

Mansour Abbas, leader of Israel’s Islamist Ra’am party, calls on Hamas leaders to release some of the Israeli hostages.

In a message on the X platform (formerly Twitter), the politician writes: “Islamic values command us not to imprison women, children and elderly people. This is a humanitarian action that must be implemented immediately.”

The tweet is only in Hebrew. It is unknown if Abbas conveyed his message in Arabic through other channels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faefawn