Israel - Palestinian militants launch massive attack, 7 Oct 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The population is just over 9.2million. No telling how many have been kidnapped.
I’ve heard numbers ranging from many dozen, to several hundred. Sadly, one would expect them to be used as human shields.

Im there with you. My heart is broken. And they (hammas} did it on Yom Kippur, knowing that families would be gathering. Where's the international outrage?! And part of Europe is celebrating?! All I can say there is, Father, forgive them. (tear streaked face)
I can't even wrap my head around being happy for the slaughter of innocent civilians and the kidnapping of innocent civilians. I suppose in war, we expect the soldiers to be killed and they know they could die and they have to come to terms with the fact they are asked to take lives.. most usually of soldiers on the other side or terrorists or enemies.. not of innocent civilians. Seeing some of this footage of the kidnappings, knowing they are attacking on a religious holiday.. :(

My heart hurts at the true evil that exists in the world.

I can only recall "cheering" about the death of one single person and that was Osama Bin Laden. It was relief that he wasn't going to order any more destruction for anyone.

What is to cheer about so many deaths and for what? I look at 9/11 and think these people are living with attacks like that.. just bombings and rockets and destruction, fire, death, and just chaos. It feels helpless to see what is happening and have no way to help.

I’ve heard numbers ranging from many dozen, to several hundred. Sadly, one would expect them to be used as human shields.
I'm also worried the civilian prisoners will be used in video to torture not only the prisoners but anyone watching. My only thoughts can be for peace to prevail, or at least a truce with the release of citizens captured.

jmo

I'm also worried the civilian prisoners will be used in video to torture not only the prisoners but anyone watching. My only thoughts can be for peace to prevail, or at least a truce with the release of citizens captured.

jmo
There will probably be a trade at some point (they do it all the time). I can’t imagine it will be anytime soon though, and who knows what will happen to the hostages in the meantime.

What is to cheer about so many deaths and for what? I look at 9/11 and think these people are living with attacks like that.. just bombings and rockets and destruction, fire, death, and just chaos. It feels helpless to see what is happening and have no way to help.

So terribly true.

I lived through 9/11 and there is still some fear in me at times, like if I’m on the subway or at a popular and crowded spot in Manhattan.

But in Israel they do live through random attacks every day.

This attack is war. And Israel is going to want to respond with overwhelming force, but will be more cautious than they wish, IMO, because so many Israeli civilians are hostages now in Gaza.

Those young women that were dragged away by the terrorists…I think we may all imagine what lies in store for them…

The only way I personally know how to contribute is by donating to the Israel Defense Forces, which I do every few months. It makes me feel less helpless in the fight against terrorism.

JMO

Last edited:
Yet another war, bringing unnecessary, devastating pain and slaughter.

And pollution.

I fear for Jews – everywhere.

I fear for Muslims – everywhere.

I fear for our planet.
My neighbors, who ARE FROM SYRIA (and not even remotely hamas), just had trash emptied on their lawn and some drunk redneck hollering in their driveway. Police are here now.

I fear for humanity as a whole. So much hate.

''Air Canada says it is temporarily cancelling flights to Tel Aviv starting on Sunday following the deadly attacks in Israel.
“We are monitoring this dynamic situation closely and we will adjust these plans as required. We remain in contact with the Canadian government,” the airline said in a statement on Saturday.
“Air Canada will resume operations to Tel Aviv as soon as the situation stabilizes.”

''The airline said passengers flying to or from Tel Aviv who will be affected by the suspension can now make travel changes, including refund options.''

The agency added that all personnel at the embassy in Tel Aviv and Ramallah are safe and accounted for.

"Canada continues to advise Canadians to exercise a high degree of caution in Israel, the West Bank and Gaza Strip due to the unpredictable security situation," Global Affairs said.''

⚠️ Canadians in or around an area affected by attacks in Israel, Gaza, and the West Bank:

➡️ Register with Global Affairs Canada: Registration of Canadians Abroad - Travel.gc.ca
➡️ Request emergency assistance: Request emergency assistance - Travel.gc.ca pic.twitter.com/E635haNzXD
— Canada in Israel (@CanEmbIsrael) October 7, 2023

My neighbors, who ARE FROM SYRIA (and not even remotely hamas), just had trash emptied on their lawn and some drunk redneck hollering in their driveway. Police are here now.

I fear for humanity as a whole. So much hate.
That's so sad. How would the "drunk redneck" know where they lived unless it's personal?

Israel-Palestine escalation live: Gaza under bombardment after Hamas attack | Israel-Palestine conflict News | Al Jazeera
1h ago (21:41 GMT)

Hamas says number of Israelis taken prisoner ‘several times greater’ than dozens

The total number of Israelis captured by Hamas is “several times greater” than dozens, according to the military wing of Hamas.

A Hamas spokesman was responding to Israeli statements on those taken captive. Neither side has given a clear number on those taken captive.

The spokesman said those taken captive were spread throughout all areas of the Gaza strip.

Israel at war: 300 killed in Hamas assault, hostages taken to Gaza, rockets on Tel Aviv | The Times of Israel
8min ago

Israeli death toll in Hamas onslaught rises to at least 300

The death toll from the Hamas terror group’s massive multi-front attack on Israel rises to more than 300, Hebrew-language media reports say, citing medical officials.

The toll is expected to continue to rise.

At least 1,590 have been wounded, many seriously.

Dozens of civilians as well as IDF soldiers are believed to have been abducted and brought into Gaza; Hamas has boasted that the number of hostages is higher than Israel knows.

Israel-Palestine escalation live: Gaza under bombardment after Hamas attack | Israel-Palestine conflict News | Al Jazeera
1h ago (21:41 GMT)

Hamas says number of Israelis taken prisoner ‘several times greater’ than dozens

The total number of Israelis captured by Hamas is “several times greater” than dozens, according to the military wing of Hamas.

A Hamas spokesman was responding to Israeli statements on those taken captive. Neither side has given a clear number on those taken captive.

The spokesman said those taken captive were spread throughout all areas of the Gaza strip.

Israel at war: 300 killed in Hamas assault, hostages taken to Gaza, rockets on Tel Aviv | The Times of Israel
8min ago

Israeli death toll in Hamas onslaught rises to at least 300

The death toll from the Hamas terror group’s massive multi-front attack on Israel rises to more than 300, Hebrew-language media reports say, citing medical officials.

The toll is expected to continue to rise.

At least 1,590 have been wounded, many seriously.

Dozens of civilians as well as IDF soldiers are believed to have been abducted and brought into Gaza; Hamas has boasted that the number of hostages is higher than Israel knows.
Some of those captives are young children. I just watched a video of a young boy, maybe 6 or 7 years old, being abused by Palestinian youths.

Since 6AM today in Israel:
- 3,000+ rockets launched by Hamas in Gaza toward Israel.
- 20+ communities in southern Israel invaded by Hamas terrorist operatives.
- Terrorists rampaged and broke into homes—massacring civilians.
- Israeli civilians and soldiers have been abducted within Israel and taken hostage into Gaza.
- 200+ casualties.
- 1,000+ injured.
#IsraelAtWar

Israel says civilians and soldiers held hostage in Gaza after major Palestinian attack – live (theguardian.com)
2m ago23.57 BST

A summary of today's developments​

• At least 150 Israelis have died in the Hamas attacks, Reuters reported Israeli local outlet N12 saying. Meanwhile, more than 1,590, Israelis have been wounded, Israel’s health ministry said.
  • The Palestinian health ministry said at least 198 people have been killed and 1,610 wounded in Gaza inby Israeli retaliation after the Hamas attack.
  • There are reports of Israeli hostages in Gaza.
  • Benjamin Netanyahu has offered a unity government after declaring a state of war. The move would bring Netanyahu and the opposition Yesh Atid leader, Yair Lapid, together during the national emergency. Netanyahu made the offer during a meeting with Lapid and the National Unity party leader, Benny Gantz, according to the Times of Israel.
  • Saudi Arabia, which has been in talks with the US about normalising relations with Israel, called on both sides to exercise restraint.
  • The UN security council is due to meet on Sunday. The UN secretary general, António Guterres, condemned the attack by Hamas and urged “all diplomatic efforts to avoid a wider conflagration”, UN spokesperson Steéphane Dujarric said in a statement.
  • The Metropolitan Police in London said it is aware of a “number of incidents” related to the Israel conflict, it has said in a statement. As a result, the force has increased policing patrols across parts of London. It is also aware that Saturday’s attacks may lead to protests over the coming days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper