ISSUES - JVM Thurs., 1/29/09

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That sounds so much more admirable and palatable than the naked truth which is: "No matter how guilty I know my client is, or how horrendous his crimes, it is the noble duty of a defense attorney to get him off, and turn him loose on society again. It does not matter to a defense attorney whether that client is a confessed serial killer, pedophile, or brutal rapist--he still has the right to try to avoid punishment and it's the sworn duty of a defense attorney to help him accomplish that."

I'm not objecting to that, but I'm not admiring it either.

:)

and much worse .... when they use every trick in the book, manipulation, ploys, and technicalities. Gone are the days of Perry Mason (if that was ever reality) ... isn't it true? No longer a search for justice and the truth.

If it's incriminating to her, why would he want it? I agree with your earlier post about paternity - I think he wants the fingerprint evidence because it juuuuusst might NOT have her fingerprints!! Maybe, maybe? Wouldn't that "shock the world"!! :eek::eek:
Or maybe to analyze the reports to see if there is anything procedural that he can counter???

That sounds so much more admirable and palatable than the naked truth which is: "No matter how guilty I know my client is, or how horrendous his crimes, it is the noble duty of a defense attorney to get him off, and turn him loose on society again. It does not matter to a defense attorney whether that client is a confessed serial killer, pedophile, or brutal rapist--he still has the right to try to avoid punishment and it's the sworn duty of a defense attorney to help him accomplish that."

I'm not objecting to that, but I'm not admiring it either.

:)

Whoa! It is not for a defense lawyer to establish whether or not his or her client is guilty--that is the job of the judge or a jury. A good defense lawyer would never make such a determination.

How could you sleep at night knowing you set a killer free? I would always worry I would hear about them killing someone else!

Exactly. I've often wondered about that myself.

Btw, what happened to tonight's NG thread? I was reading it and POOF, gone. :eek:

casey is the one thats going to flip the switch before she even sits in the eletric chair
I dont know how jose can think hes got a chance in hell in throwing out the prosecution

one would think casey would have at least faked it for the police or the news, hell Susan smith at least appeared worried, she had every chance to tell the truth , she wants us to belive the sky is green, the prosecution is so doing everything right, so she doesnt get off becuase they were overzealous

Also on JVM a few minutes ago, a caller asked somthing about Caylee's paternity, and one of the panel stated that some while back in an interview with CA, she asked CA about the father of Caylee, and CA's response was "no one will ever know that." Another of the panel stated that sounded like CA was protecting someone. JVM said she thought it just sounded like CA doesn't know. Opinions anyone?

I think she was alluding to Lee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member