It Can't Happen Here - 2nd Edition - Answers In The Sand

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
There is a connection, and I have been reading the DAH posts over and over, hoping something clicks. DAH had an alibi for the night Jacob was taken. Supposedly he was with one of his victims and someone with the initials SDK. Later, the victim took back his alibi. Interestingly, DJH mentioned SDK in one of the comments that he now wants to be taken off the record. Okay, someone can correct me on all this, because it is only what I've pieced together from here and there. So JMO!

Can someone help me out here...

I seem to recall mention of parties that DAH was involved in, as well as many other men in the area. I can't find the reference to it now though, and maybe I dreamed it or have it mixed up with something else. Does anyone else remember this being discussed here? Depending on who else would have been at these "events", it could be a possible reason for not bringing some evidence into the public eye. Jmo.

There is a connection, and I have been reading the DAH posts over and over, hoping something clicks. DAH had an alibi for the night Jacob was taken. Supposedly he was with one of his victims and someone with the initials SDK. Later, the victim took back his alibi. Interestingly, DJH mentioned SDK in one of the comments that he now wants to be taken off the record. Okay, someone can correct me on all this, because it is only what I've pieced together from here and there. So JMO!

It sounds to me like SDK just wants to put this in his past and not have it affecting his current life. He probably has a good job and doesnt want the media of a terrible memory.

Can someone help me out here...

I seem to recall mention of parties that DAH was involved in, as well as many other men in the area. I can't find the reference to it now though, and maybe I dreamed it or have it mixed up with something else. Does anyone else remember this being discussed here? Depending on who else would have been at these "events", it could be a possible reason for not bringing some evidence into the public eye. Jmo.

You can look online and find the case of DAH in an appeal, iirc

Sorry, maybe I'm misunderstanding......if LE knew who Jared's perp was in 1989 then why did DAH need to rat him out 25 years later?

I think it is ELOC who brought the info by finding the missing notes that a PI had taken

I agree that there is a connection....of some sort.

It's my understanding that LE talked to Hart in October and November of 89. He then told LE that Heinrich had taken Jared, and he was absolutely right.

Again, sorry to say so, but your verbage is hard to decipher. Are you saying that DAH in Oct/Nov '89 told LE that Heinrich had taken Jared but that LE then held that information for 25 years?

Again, sorry to say so, but your verbage is hard to decipher. Are you saying that DAH in Oct/Nov '89 told LE that Heinrich had taken Jared but that LE then held that information for 25 years?

Well yeah from the public at least. Remember the hunt? They asked us 25 years later to find this guy and acted like they still only had a sketch.

Well yeah from the public at least. Remember the hunt? They asked us 25 years later to find this guy and acted like they still only had a sketch.

This is just my opinion, but I think the focus on DAH in 'The Hunt' was due to misguided social media and sensationalized television news coverage. Those same sources focused attention on Delbert Huber as well. IMO they also cast a negative light on the Paynesville Police and their response to the incidents, without offering any facts or information to support that negative light. Again, just MO, but it's appalling at times how the media can stake claims without providing any basis of fact to support it. The published facts of the time period indicate it was the Paynesville police taking the lead in these cases.

I recently put a reporter on the spot, in private, about this very issue. She was speechless, when asked she failed to produce a basis for her story's inferred conclusion.

BBM

Good for you!
This is just my opinion, but I think the focus on DAH in 'The Hunt' was due to misguided social media and sensationalized television news coverage. Those same sources focused attention on Delbert Huber as well. IMO they also cast a negative light on the Paynesville Police and their response to the incidents, without offering any facts or information to support that negative light. Again, just MO, but it's appalling at times how the media can stake claims without providing any basis of fact to support it. The published facts of the time period indicate it was the Paynesville police taking the lead in these cases.

I recently put a reporter on the spot, in private, about this very issue. She was speechless, when asked she failed to produce a basis for her story's inferred conclusion.

Eloc,in your book, the Peart notes indicate that DAH gave Heinrich as the guy. And it appears LE went with that lead. Why they decided it was not him must be based on something, I hope, as so many different investigators and agencies were looking at this. They had the footprints, car, and tire tracks. They watched him for months was it? What made LE change their mind re Jacob and him being the perp?

I do mot get it.

Eloc,in your book, the Peart notes indicate that DAH gave Heinrich as the guy. And it appears LE went with that lead. Why they decided it was not him must be based on something, I hope, as so many different investigators and agencies were looking at this. They had the footprints, car, and tire tracks. They watched him for months was it? What made LE change their mind re Jacob and him being the perp?

I do mot get it.

Nothing turned up so they got bored with this information and forgot about it, does that make sense? Suddenly weird Dan is over here and doing his own strange things.

I do mot get it.

I honestly don't know. It's baffling considering what we know now. I recently asked another reporter why the media has essentially given a free pass to Stearns on this issue, while at the same time criticizing the Paynesville police. She told me that won't help find Jacob. I politely responded that going to awards ceremonies won't help accomplish anything either. Again, another reporter left speechless. Like I said, I was polite about it, but the collective contradiction exhibited by social media and actual news media just gets unbelievably political, to the point most outlets have no real value to the public. It all comes off as a popularity contest, something I want no part of because it's all just a fake, fleeting thing.

At the end of the day the truth will come out regarding how we got lost on the path to answers. It's hard to fathom that it was simple oversight, and I sure hope it wasn't something more sinister. Again, just my opinion, but it seems the elephant in the room is not being addressed.

I'm curious as to why Janelle Kendall's interviews have been removed from online? There are other, much older interviews still on WJON.com

'When Hart was shown several sketches of possible sus-pects in both cases, he identified a handful of men as possible, but suggested one man in particular (Danny Heinrich) that he thought matched the description and sketch of the man in Jared’s case in Cold Spring. Hart identified that particular individual because the man often wore military type clothing, drove a dark blue car, had a hand held police scanner, and had a rough, raspy voice when excited. He noted that he heard the man had been arrested because he owned a fairly new blue car. Each of those items was consistent with descriptions from Jared’s account of his abduction and assault.'

'Meanwhile, a suspect in the January 13, 1989, abduction and assault case in Cold Spring was identified. The FBI conducted surveillance on the man for weeks, and detectives located the car that the man owned at the time of that assault. The FBI lab determined that fibers found in the back seat of the car were similar to fibers from Jared’s jacket. According to Al Garber’s book, Striving To Be The Best, the man had been arrested for questioning, although there was disagreement between the FBI, BCA, and Stearns County. FBI profilers suggested a specific interrogation environment to prepare for the suspect’s interview. Special lights and a flag were brought in, and the furniture was arranged in a particular way. FBI Agent, Steve Gilkerson, was selected to interview the suspect and was given a script of specific questions to ask. The suspect requested a lawyer upon questioning, and the county district attorney dropped the charges. Stearns County and the BCA were upset with the FBI for the handling of this suspect.'

Does anyone see a problem with this timeline, and perhaps a reason why Stearns County was reluctant to file charges against Heinrich in connection to Jared's case? Shergal pointed this out to me a while back...

Jan 16, 1990 - Stearns County Detective Pearce contacts the current owners of the 1987 Mercury Topaz formerly owned by Heinrich, and they voluntarily drive the car to Detective Pearce.
Jared sits inside the 1987 Mercury Topaz and says it "feels like" the car he had been assaulted in and says he "wouldn't change a thing" about the car's interior. On a scale of 1 to 10, Jared rates the car as an 8 or 9 as being similar to the car in which he had been kidnapped.

Jan 18, 1990 - Stearns County Detective Pearce obtains samples from the back seat and carpet from the 1987 Mercury Topaz formerly owned by Daniel Heinrich.

Does anyone see a problem with this timeline, and perhaps a reason why Stearns County was reluctant to file charges against Heinrich in connection to Jared's case? Shergal pointed this out to me a while back...

Jan 16, 1990 - Stearns County Detective Pearce contacts the current owners of the 1987 Mercury Topaz formerly owned by Heinrich, and they voluntarily drive the car to Detective Pearce.
Jared sits inside the 1987 Mercury Topaz and says it "feels like" the car he had been assaulted in and says he "wouldn't change a thing" about the car's interior. On a scale of 1 to 10, Jared rates the car as an 8 or 9 as being similar to the car in which he had been kidnapped.

Jan 18, 1990 - Stearns County Detective Pearce obtains samples from the back seat and carpet from the 1987 Mercury Topaz formerly owned by Daniel Heinrich.

What I see truly here is a good effort by LE to bring closure to Jared. It's unfortunate that when Jared saw him in a lineup that he couldn't have had more positivity and exclaim that "thats him, thats the guy and it was his car I was in and yeah that is the same scanner".

I see incompetence

Does anyone happen to know when the couple bought the car from DJH?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bxvice
Back