Italy’s Highest Appeals Court to Decide Amanda Knox’s Fate

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rudy Guede raped and murdered Meredith Kercher. The only injustice left in this case now is that he didn't get sentenced to anywhere near long enough for what he did.

I feel sorry for Meredith's family as they believed the prosecutor and will now probably not be able to readjust their beliefs, I very much hope they find some form of peace in life, I know they will never be restored, their daughter Meredith died a horrible death, but her killer is in jail and justice has been served .. I hope one day they see this.

Rudy Guede is free during day time ....

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/rudy-guede-meredith-kercher-killer-3132708

:banghead::banghead:

I think I would have been more upset if the verdicts were upheld and Italy requester her extridition back and the State Department said no.

moo

Rudy Guede raped and murdered Meredith Kercher. The only injustice left in this case now is that he didn't get sentenced to anywhere near long enough for what he did.

The reason being is he opted for a fast track trial and if you are found guilty you get 1/3 of your sentence taken off.

They just said she can visit anywhere in the world. She can even go back to Italy, if she wanted to.

She can go anywhere in the world that forgives four years in prison. Some countries require that there is a 10 year span between prison time and tourism, some never accept people with a criminal record.

Given that she has been acquitted, presumably of all charges, what relief can the EHRC offer, or award? Can she have travel restrictions associated with prison time removed?

I think this is one of those cases in which something will come out in the future that will leave egg on the faces of those who really think she is innocent of any involvement.

To quote my mother: AS IF

I hope you one day come to see that this innocent woman lost 8 years of her life to a corrupt system in Italy. I hope one day you feel compassion for what AK has gone through.

ETA: and RS too, of course

She can go anywhere in the world that forgives four years in prison. Some countries require that there is a 10 year span between prison time and tourism, some never accept people with a criminal record.

Given that she has been acquitted, presumably of all charges, what relief can the EHRC offer, or award? Can she have travel restrictions associated with prison time removed?

I think from now on, the ECHR ruling won't really be important for any implications to Amanda Knox's life, but for the precedent it sets for the rights of European citizens. That includes me, (I'm from Ireland), and if my memory serves me correctly, it also includes you. Its in both our interests that any abuse of her rights is punished by the ECHR.

Well done then! I suppose that the Italian courts are no longer corrupt ... they never were, but hopefully the verdict will quell any continuing fears that Italians are falsely imprisoned, their scientists are bumbling fools ... medieval, backwards, so on ... but that Italy is recognized as upholders of justice after making very, careful decisions - which take time. Eight years is a long time to get it right, but if Knox and Sollecito had not lied to police about so many things, maybe it would be different.

Forgive me for a wandering mind, but my first thoughts go to ... how can we make it up to her given that for 8 years she has been essentially persecuted. Maybe we could ask Amanda Knox to set up an A. Knox Creative Writing scholarship at her alma mater, or Meredith's, and we can give back.

Now is the time to write the real story. A story told with an ending sounds entirely different than a story told without one. She should take her millions, move to a quiet island, and write without anyone checking her work, and re-phrasing her words. Today, she has a story to tell, and she should start using her degree.

BBM
THIS ^^ I agree I won't bad mouth the Italian Justice system even though I disagree at this point. It clearly has worked as it is designed to do.

To quote my mother: AS IF

I hope you one day come to see that this innocent woman lost 8 years of her life to a corrupt system in Italy. I hope one day you feel compassion for what AK has gone through.

Meredith Kercher lost her life......... I don't feel the least bit sorry for Amanda.

JMO

Hooray. Finally some one in the Italian judiciary has come to their senses. Wonder who will be respecting verdict now.

I really really wasn't expecting this.
Now that Mignini's game has been exposed, after all the heartache those games cost, the focus can finally be where it belongs. On Meredith Kircher.

My faith in humanity just shot up a few notches today.

I will believe the forensics department IS corrupt unless they can prove/publish what procedures they changed and what standards they now follow.

If they changed nothing, then I will judge them.

I just wanted to come chime in. A just verdict was given today by the highest court. I'm happy for Amanda. Her prosecution and conviction was one of the most illogical, bizarre and ridiculous things I've ever seen.

Not trying to argue my friend, just restating what CNN Stated. :)

Guardian Liveblog:

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...urder-trial-italy-court-decision-live-updates

Amanda Knox has released a statement through her lawyer on the decision:

“I am tremendously relieved and grateful for the decision of the Supreme Court of Italy. The knowledge of my innocence has given me strength in the darkest times of this ordeal.”

“And throughout this ordeal, I have received invaluable support from family, friends, and strangers. To them, I say: Thank you from the bottom of my heart. Your kindness has sustained me. I only wish that I could thank each and every one of you in person.”

In a separate statement, her family said:

“We want to express our profound gratitude to all of those who have supported Amanda and our family. Countless people – from world-renowned DNA experts, to former FBI agents, to everyday citizens committed to justice – have spoken about her innocence.”

“We are thrilled with and grateful for today’s decision from the Supreme Court of Italy. And we are grateful beyond measure for all that so many of you have done for her.”

BBM

I just wanted to come chime in. A just verdict was given today by the highest court. I'm happy for Amanda. Her prosecution and conviction was one of the most illogical, bizarre and ridiculous things I've ever seen.

Absolutely.

Aside from all the other issues, when the forensics experts from across the world denounce the procedures used to tie DNA to the murder, this alone demands the entire forensics department must be dismantled and rebuilt from scratch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove