"It's a lady"?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Ya Know, I would have said worse than Patsy did.
Someone throwing blame on my Son.

If I had stalled giving police interviews that way the Ramseys did, I don't think I'd feel I had room to criticise anyone for anything.

By avoiding those vital police interviews in the early days, the Ramseys left themselves prone to all sorts of speculation - including that they were protecting Burke.

In the absence of factual information, people DO speculate. They base their speculation on what they actually know - and they knew that the Ramseys were NOT sitting down with police to tell them what they could.

I think that's very true, Jayelles. The Ramseys have not behaved like typical victim parents. Any atypical behavior tends to raise a flag for cops, reporters, and the public. They may not have realized that they were arousing suspicion at the time they began, but they surely must have realized it within a few days. Once that realization hit, their failure to change their odd behavior says to me that they had more of a need or desire avoid formal interrogation than to help police clear them and get on with the investigation.

I have absolutely no idea what you mean by 'atypical victim behavior'. I don't see anything at all that would indicate that.
And I surely don't understand the rest of your post about a desire to avoid a formal interrogation when they were adamantly insisting their lawyers arrange one and it is even your "Bible", PMPT, that the lack of an interview was due to BPD's intransigence, not the Ramseys.

Originally posted by Toth
And I surely don't understand the rest of your post about a desire to avoid a formal interrogation when they were adamantly insisting their lawyers arrange one
YEEHAW!-More swamp gas! Insisting their lawyers arrange an interogation???...ROFLMAO!
The truth is that the Rammers had their lawyers tell the BPD to FAX them any questions they had. Arndt compiled all the questions which were FAXed and basically all came back with the same canned answers, "Maybe", "Don't remember", "Can't recall", blah-blah-blah...typical Ramspeak.

Add to that, the R's had lawyers in place at the time they felt JB's body was being ransomed, so to speak, and still didn't just go down and talk to LE. They had what they considered a soireé in place with a time and date, and didn't want to miss it, so they could 'just get on with their lives'. Ugh.

Originally posted by Toth
I have absolutely no idea what you mean by 'atypical victim behavior'. I don't see anything at all that would indicate that.
And I surely don't understand the rest of your post about a desire to avoid a formal interrogation when they were adamantly insisting their lawyers arrange one and it is even your "Bible", PMPT, that the lack of an interview was due to BPD's intransigence, not the Ramseys.

To me, this is the real sticking point of the whole ordeal--the fact that the Rs didn't go straight to the BPD and face the interrogation so that they could be cleared. I think that is what totally makes them appear that they have knowledge of this murder. Them "adamantly insisting" anything is ridiculous; they are adults who could have gotten in their Jeep Cherokee or Jag and driven to the BPD without anyone's "permission".

Well said, Nehemiah! The R's seem to take advice (so they claim) that only makes themselves look better and to postpone any kind of 'scrutiny'. I believe that was the purpose of the RN, to avoid scrutiny of any dirty laundry in their purported perfect lives. I really believe they were/are more concerned with looks than any kind of justice or helping other little girls who might have potential to end up similar to JB.

The coverup has been obvious from day one; probably because the Ramseys had lawyers in place from day one. It appears they could have had lawyers in place even before the 911 call was placed at 5:52 A.M. that morning (according to comments from Fleet White).

Just my opinion.

BlueCrab

Welcome back BlueCrab...long time no hear!

I remember John Ramsey placing a time limit on the interrogations...which to me sounded very insensitive. Poor little JonBenet...Daddy does not want his time to be wasted on you baby. Placing a time limit when it comes to clearing themselves makes themselves all the more guilty.

Another of their stipulations was the place they (the R's) wanted to meet, and they wanted to be joined at the hip, that is, interviewed together, not each/alone.

Originally posted by BlueCrab
The coverup has been obvious from day one; probably because the Ramseys had lawyers in place from day one. It appears they could have had lawyers in place even before the 911 call was placed at 5:52 A.M. that morning (according to comments from Fleet White).

Just my opinion.

BlueCrab

And that is why I always wondered about the cell phone records.

It IS kind of strange that the snowshoeing Bynum found out and showed up so quickly, when John didn't have Bynum on his list of close friends, and further stated in a deposition that no lawyers were on his list of those whom John considered close friends. Hmmm.

Originally posted by Imon128
It IS kind of strange that the snowshoeing Bynum found out and showed up so quickly, when John didn't have Bynum on his list of close friends, and further stated in a deposition that no lawyers were on his list of those whom John considered close friends. Hmmm.

Neither were the Fernies on the list, yet they were called to the house that very morning. Whazzup with that?

Originally posted by Nehemiah
Neither were the Fernies on the list, yet they were called to the house that very morning. Whazzup with that?

I find that strange as well. When it comes to considering who the R's called that morning, I think they had a reason for doing so. Friendly folks with potential to get some moola (to get the show on the road in case John couldn't scrounge it up) and/or take care of Burke at their place. JMO.

Originally posted by Imon128

Your post brought this letter by FW in 1998 to mind. This is just an excerpt:

For the purpose of assisting them in the Ramsey investigation, the Boulder Police Department in July 1997 accepted the pro bono legal services of Daniel S. Hoffman with the firm of McKenna & Cuneo, Robert N. Miller with the firm of LeBoeuf, Lamb, Green, and MacRae, and Richard N. Baer with the firm of Sherman & Howard. All are prominent Denver attorneys. Responding to our public information request, the Boulder city attorney's office supplied us with copies of the final agreement between the city
and these attorneys dated July 30, 1997 and an earlier draft of that agreement dated July 28, 1997. In the draft, these attorneys jointly made the following disclosures to the city:

"As we indicated to you, our respective firms have or had certain
relationships that we feel obligated to disclose to you. Specifically:

1.Sherman & Howard L.L. C. ("S. & H.") represents Lockheed Martin in various matters. Lockheed Martin currently owns Access Graphics, the company that employs the father of the deceased. In addition, in 1994,S. & H. represented Access Graphics in a lawsuit brought by a terminated employee ...

2.Mr. Hoffman is outside counsel for Lockheed Martin in a number of litigations, one of which is currently pending. It is reasonable to assume that during our representation of you, Mr. Hoffman may be retained by Lockheed Martin. Additionally, Mr. Haddon represents Mr. Hoffman personally, in a case against Mr. Hoffman, his former law firm, and a number of Mr. Hoffman's former partners at the firm.

3.Robert Miller is currently co-counsel with Mr. Haddon on a litigation in which they obtained a significant verdict for their client and which will proceed on appeal. 11

John Ramsey was the president and chief executive officer of Access Graphics, a subsidiary of Lockheed Martin Corporation. In the fall of 1997 Access Graphics was sold by Lockheed Martin to GE Capital in a complicated transaction reported in the news media to be valued at $2.8 billion. The value attributed to Access Graphics was likely in excess of $200 million. Prior to the sale, John Ramsey left Access Graphics under adverse circumstances after attempting to purchase Access Graphics from Lockheed Martin. Mr. Hoffman was identified in the April 18, 1997 issue of Colorado Journal to be the "lead attorney" for Lockheed Martin in an age discrimination case which days before had resulted in a $7.6 million settlement. The "Mr. Haddon" referredto in the disclosures is Harold Haddon, the criminal defense attorney currently representing John Ramsey. The final agreement that was executed by the city and these three attorneys did not contain these disclosures. According to Mr. Baer, they were deleted at the request of the city attorney. The city attorney has recently indicated to us that he has no knowledge of the role these attorneys have played in the investigation.

www.web.dailycamera.com/extra/ra...leetletter.html

Oh what a web....poor Steve Thomas trying to untangle this mess. Sometimes money talks, people walk. Steve's book surely pointed out some of the intricate webs of the GOBs.

Originally posted by SisterSocks
Ya Know, I would have said worse than Patsy did.
Someone throwing blame on my Son.
Just my thought...
Socks

Really...???:rolleyes: IMHO it's easier to post/"said than done!"...be true to oneself...it's your/one's gift in LIFE/LIVING!?

Profilers and cops, who have lots of experience in victim family behavior, have said that the Ramseys' behavior was not typical. Some lawyers have said it wasn't typical, but it should be. So that opinion comes from all sides.

Again, according to those with experience in these matters, most victim parents are interrogated seperately, immediately or very soon after the crime. John Ramsey rejected that police request even before any lawyers came on the scene to advise him.

Originally posted by Nehemiah
they are adults who could have gotten in their Jeep Cherokee or Jag and driven without anyone's "permission".
The BPD had a great number and variety of vehicles and despite their behavior are adults also and were perfectly capable of driving to the attorney's conference room.

LE DID go to the R's and were met by Bynum who informed LE that the R's wouldn't be talking to them at the home. Further, Beuf said that Patsy wasn't in any shape to talk to them. LE tried, then the R's tried to set up their own terms for communicating with LE. Why?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ImaKing412
Back