DNA Solves
DNA Solves
out of the blue thought of the day:

T oo
D egraded
N ot
A pplicable

carry on.

Hey, that's great! Now, I will have to remember what that acronym stands for...I need to write it down on one of my files...LMAO

Thanks!

JMO

He probably wasn't thinking straight or was hoping the ransom note was a prank.

Yes, it seems odd. But I think it was just mindset that she was missing. One would naturally call out for someone missing.

FW was proactive while JF remained a bystander. maybe the Whites had a closer relationship with the Rs than the Fernies, or BF was close to PR while JF just tagged along. or maybe FW suspected that something was not right and/or that the Rs were involved

FW was proactive while JF remained a bystander. maybe the Whites had a closer relationship with the Rs than the Fernies, or BF was close to PR while JF just tagged along. or maybe FW suspected that something was not right and/or that the Rs were involved

I know people are suspicious of FW but I tend to think he got very suspicious of the Ramseys very fast and didn't really know how to act.

I remember when a cop was questioning our family about a robbery down the street and when he got to my niece, when she spoke...I don't know if it was what she said or how she said it but my brother and I both turned pretty sharply to look at her. Cop saw it, too.

I wonder if FW had a moment like that.

^ that's what I meant when I said his calling JB by name was odd, in light of the ransom note and his own daughter being missing in his home a year earlier. maybe the RN immediately sounded fake to him, as it did to LE

I didn't/don't suspect him of being guilty of anything or having guilty knowledge. but I do think calling out JB's name under the circumstances was a "tell" re what his instinct was telling him. I can only guess at how informed that instinct was

One thing I noticed is Smit's comments (totally unrelated to the rope) about the possible fingerprints and smudged dust around the basement window. Iirc, Smit didn't join the investigative team until spring (March?) 1997. In my mind, it is questionable about the meaning of dust and fingerprints on that window that late in the investigation.

Also, the comments about melted ends on the rope found seemed to be boat or hiking rope. Didn't otg mention a good while ago that he noticed melted ends on the rope found on JonBenet?

It also seems clear that Patsy or any other family member had access to and used ropes although Patsy tried to, imo, to distance herself from knowing anything about any ropes. She did say John used ropes in boating and JAR used ropes in hiking.

ETA: Here's a link to the aforementioned otg post (it was Rashomon, not otg who made the comment about melted ends)

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5751117&highlight=melted#post5751117

It seems to me that Patsy tried to distance herself from most everything...especially anything that would be incriminating..

Actually, there are three inconsistent versions that I’m aware of:

TT: Okay. (inaudible) Let’s go back to the 25th, sorry about that. Get home about nine, nine-fifteenish, Burke’s downstairs playing; do you remember what kind of toy that was?
JR: Oh, it was a little thing that kind of unfolded, and it was like car ramp or something and then it folded all back together and it made something else.
TT: Was it like (inaudible) . . .Was it like putting stickers on it?
JR: Well, it was a plastic thing he had to assemble and he had some stickers too, and uh, he was intent on getting it done before he went to bed, so . . .
TT: Did you help Burke get into his pajamas that night?
JR: Yeah, like I do every night.
LE interview, 1997

Meanwhile, I went downstairs to try to get Burke to come up to bed, but he was deeply involved in assembling the miniature parking garage he had received that morning. I could tell he wasn’t going to go to bed until the project was finished, so I settled down on the floor beside him. Helping him complete what his mind was focused on was the best way to get us both in bed quickly.
Death of Innocence (2000,) John and Patsy Ramsey, page 11

"Burke plays downstairs in the living room by the Christmas tree. He's trying to assemble a mechanical robot made of the Legos he got for Christmas, so I sit down on the floor to help him put it together, but it's way too complicated for tonight."
The Other Side of Suffering (2012,) John Ramsey, page 7

This City Garage by LEGO Shop or something similar appears to make all three statements consistent in that it is a miniature parking garage with ramps and mechanical robotic parts. The garage is accented with stickers..

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/City-Garage-4207

At any rate, I was not impressed when I listened to Kolar on the radio show and on some youtube videos but after reading some of the quotes from his book on this thread I have decided to order his book.

RBBM: My favorite quote about the the serving bowl and spoon by Patsy: "It wasn't my setup!"

Yes, Houston we have a big problem...LOL

tezi,
So could it be Burke Ramsey's setup?

^ that's what I meant when I said his calling JB by name was odd, in light of the ransom note and his own daughter being missing in his home a year earlier. maybe the RN immediately sounded fake to him, as it did to LE

I didn't/don't suspect him of being guilty of anything or having guilty knowledge. but I do think calling out JB's name under the circumstances was a "tell" re what his instinct was telling him. I can only guess at how informed that instinct was

gramcracker,
So what was the signal that informed his instinct? My understanding is that his daughter was hiding, but presumed missing, and calling her name brought her out.

i.e. Fleet White was applying prior experience to the current situation.

Actually, there are three inconsistent versions that I’m aware of:

TT: Okay. (inaudible) Let’s go back to the 25th, sorry about that. Get home about nine, nine-fifteenish, Burke’s downstairs playing; do you remember what kind of toy that was?
JR: Oh, it was a little thing that kind of unfolded, and it was like car ramp or something and then it folded all back together and it made something else.
TT: Was it like (inaudible) . . .Was it like putting stickers on it?
JR: Well, it was a plastic thing he had to assemble and he had some stickers too, and uh, he was intent on getting it done before he went to bed, so . . .
TT: Did you help Burke get into his pajamas that night?
JR: Yeah, like I do every night.
LE interview, 1997

Meanwhile, I went downstairs to try to get Burke to come up to bed, but he was deeply involved in assembling the miniature parking garage he had received that morning. I could tell he wasn’t going to go to bed until the project was finished, so I settled down on the floor beside him. Helping him complete what his mind was focused on was the best way to get us both in bed quickly.
Death of Innocence (2000,) John and Patsy Ramsey, page 11

"Burke plays downstairs in the living room by the Christmas tree. He's trying to assemble a mechanical robot made of the Legos he got for Christmas, so I sit down on the floor to help him put it together, but it's way too complicated for tonight."
The Other Side of Suffering (2012,) John Ramsey, page 7

cynic,
aha. So Burke Ramsey's actual location that night is only accounted for by JR?

Looks to me as if JR is affording BR an alibi, and PR affords JonBenet her location in her bedroom?

i.e. the Ramsey version of events.

cynic,
aha. So Burke Ramsey's actual location that night is only accounted for by JR?

Looks to me as if JR is affording BR an alibi, and PR affords JonBenet her location in her bedroom?

i.e. the Ramsey version of events.

While the "Ramsey version of events" is most often false, imo, it is also quite revealing.

tezi,

The following are items that show up in both the Ramsey case and The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie (book, play and movie);

"Sandy Stranger had a feeling at the time that they were supposed to be the happiest days of her life, and on her tenth birthday she said so to her best friend Jenny Gray who had been asked to TEA at Sandy's house. The speciality of the feast was PINEAPPLE CUBES WITH CREAM, and the speciality of the day was that they were left to themselves. To Sandy the unfamiliar PINEAPPLE had the authentic taste and appearance of happiness and she focussed her small eyes closely on the pale gold cubes before she scooped them up in her SPOON, and she ... Both girls saved the CREAM to the last, then ate it in SPOONFULS."

So.. On a very recent long, boring trip I read Steve Thomas's book again on my Kindle. I am wondering what the consensus is on James Kolars new book on here ? I don't like buying books since being spoiled by my Kindle app. , but if it is a must read I will do so....thoughts anyone ?

Edited to add...it is on kindle...never mind... I will read it !

tezi,

Yes, it could be Burke's...I am sure he didn't go to etiquette school and learn which spoons go with which serving bowls...LOL

JMO

Yes, it could be Burke's...I am sure he didn't go to etiquette school and learn which spoons go with which serving bowls...LOL

JMO

In my experience, little boys always think "bigger is better" ....a boy would choose a giant spoon over a normal sized soup spoon, or a tea spoon that, had it been Patsy, would have selected for JonBenet. IMO

I may be repeating information, but I had read on here that Kolars book was not available on Kindle and wanted to let everyone know that it now is. I purchased it on mine today.
Sorry if this is old news !

In my experience, little boys always think "bigger is better" ....a boy would choose a giant spoon over a normal sized soup spoon, or a tea spoon that, had it been Patsy, would have selected for JonBenet. IMO

So true Linda.

JMO

I may be repeating information, but I had read on here that Kolars book was not available on Kindle and wanted to let everyone know that it now is. I purchased it on mine today.
Sorry if this is old news !

Thank you for this information! My book has taken a walk-about somewhere in my house. I may have to go purchase the Kindle version, so I have a copy...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandrz717
Back