James Kolar's New Book Will Blow the Lid off the JonBenet Ramsey Investigation

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
[This could be a big clue to what happened. I would be very upset if I walked in my daughters bedroom and found feces on pants and even candy. Especially from a 6 year old and a nine year old. Personally, I think P.R. should have helped her daughter with her messing pants problem more than she did. She never should have been allowed to ask just anybody to wipe her, and I found that kids do a better job if you let them use baby wipes for a while.

eQUOTE=UKGuy;11697712]Prahasaurus,
It's not all over, even though there might not be any prosecutions, there will be many participants who will want to come forward and offer their account of events, e.g. Fleet White, Det. Arndt, Holly Smith was head of the Boulder County Sexual Abuse team, she found this in JonBenet's bedroom:

If you add in James Kolar's evidence of fecal smearing in JonBenet's bedroom, then obviously something was going on, i.e. the children were having issues over toileting, and possibly acting out?

I hope Tricia secures an interview with Holly Smith, since she can clear up a lot of misinformation over the underwear, e.g. was there a Wednesday size-6 pair in JonBenet's drawer, including how prevalent the fecal smearing was?

James Kolar is to update his book, so hopefully he will structure it so we can work out some of the details regarding his prosecution theory.

.[/QUOTE]

:bump::bump:
Here is a copy of a reply I posted on DocG's blogspot - just wanted to share:twocents:. and for those who haven't read Kolar's book, WHY NOT? !!!!

:moo:After going through Kolar's book 3 times, I sense he may be asking us to take a closer look at John, now more than ever before. He presented JR more as a primary character in the book than any other connected individual to the case. While he does bring Burke into the theme towards the end of his book with credible information, I feel it may be that this could be an attempt to "flush out" the direct evidence that would be supportive of the Theory of Prosecution, which Kolar presented to Stan Garnett in January 2011.

Here are comments from the Kolar book:
1. Prologue, xi: "...I BELIEVE there are still active steps to be taken to achieve resolution and closure in this case."
(PLEASE REMEMBER HERE, THE CASE REMAINS OPEN AS A MURDER INVESTIGATION, FOR WHICH ONLY AN ADULT SUSPECT COULD BE PROSECUTED)
2. Pg 444: "I fully realize that some of the information provided herein is, at best, circumstantial, and there currently exists no direct evidence that could be used in a court of law to convict anyone who may have been involved in the death of this child. Regrettably, there are many murders committed in this country that present similar circumstances, and YET, in some fashion, many prosecutors have made the concious decision to leave no stone unturned when pursuing the leads presented for the homicides committed in their jurisdictions."
3. Pg 440:: "Unfortunately, Stan Garnett inherited all of these problems when he took office in 2009. It was an active homicide ivestigation in which his predecessor had already publically exonerated THE VERY PEOPLE whom LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES COULD NEVER CLEAR OF INVOLVEMENT. The investigation had been so thoroughly compromised that it was UNLIKELY" the prosecution of anyone would ever take place."
(KOLAR WAS CLEAR TO STATE 'UNLIKELY', WHICH SIGNALS TO ME HE DOES NOT FEEL THAT IT IS 'IMPOSSIBLE')

Kolar states very clearly that deciding to do this book came only after a great deal of anguish, and at the risk of great harm, both physically and emotionally. Now consider this statement of his from the book: Pg 454 - "... is to help prevent child abduction and sexual exploitation, aid in the recovery of missing children, and ASSIST OTHER CHILDREN WHO HAVE BEEN VICTIMIZED BY THESE TYPES OF CRIMES." Kolar then states that a donation from the sales of the book will go to this same org, the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.

Is it possible that with this charitable act, Kolar is attempting to provide some offering of benevolence for Burke, as a great deal of information that could incriminate Burke was offered as Kolar presented "discoveries made during my inquiry (pg 454)". While Kolar is clear that his intent was to reveal the truth about this crime, thereby furthering some justice for JB, he also acknowledges that some would have felt he should have continued to maintain his silence.

While we cannot presume to read anything more into Kolar's book than what is carefully written, we can rely on these facts: The case remains OPEN as a MURDER INVESTIGATION, Kolar has prepared and submitted a Theory of Prosecution (for the second time, at the request of Stan Garnett), and Kolar BELIEVES (he does not 'think', 'guess' or 'hope') the case can come to a resolution.

If we can trust Mr. Kolars career credentials, then I expect we can join him in remaining convinced there is a justifiable avenue of prosecution for the murder of JonBenet Ramsey.

BUMPing up this thread with one of my old posts. Tricia called it with this thread title. Kolar opened up the can of worms this case became and we now have to take a fresh look at his statements about having a Theory of Prosecution.

IIRC Kolar talked about the fact that felony kidnapping would still be chargeable in this case, and that if it could be proved the JB was taken from one spot in her house to another without giving her consent, it would be considered felony kidnapping.

If BR dealt the head blow anywhere other than where she was found, rendering her unconscious, and JR moved her to the basement where the strangulation ligature was applied, would this possibly work into Kolars Prosecution Theory?

ars book

:bump::bump:

IIRC Kolar talked about the fact that felony kidnapping would still be chargeable in this case, and that if it could be proved the JB was taken from one spot in her house to another without giving her consent, it would be considered felony kidnapping.

If BR dealt the head blow anywhere other than where she was found, rendering her unconscious, and JR moved her to the basement where the strangulation ligature was applied, would this possibly work into Kolars Prosecution Theory?

Interesting. This is the current code in Colorado

[FONT=&quot]Murder, kidnapping, treason, any sex offense against a[/FONT][FONT=&quot]child, and any forgery regardless of the penalty provided:No limit

Presumably this was the same in 1996. If so, Lin Wood should probably think twice - or better yet thrice - before he initiates any sort of civil action against CBS on behalf of Burke as information discovered during the proceedings could possibly lead to problems for client John.

CBS, by the way, basically told Wood to bring it on. They'll defend any lawsuit.
[/FONT]

Wood on why Kolar wasn't sued:

Lin Wood ‏@LLinWood 12h12 hours ago
@RuthHall10916 @realtvwchr Kolar book is trash. I ignored it when self-published. Not credible enough to sue. @CBS show will get him sued.

@RuthHall10916 @realtvwchr Kolar book is trash. I ignored it when self-published. Not credible enough to sue. @CBS show will get him sued.

LW and JR believed in their own arrogant judgments that they thought their boy “9/amost 10/now 29” would project a wholesome innocence with an 'engaging' smile. BR should never have done that interview. His appearance had an alarming and powerful effect on viewers. I don’t care what Dr P said later in the damage control piece. When it’s your sister who died a horrible death at the age of 6, anyone with the emotional intelligence of a 2 year old will sense something horribly wrong in BR’s manner. (Now LW is charging around with, imo, the emotional intelligence of a 1 year old Sus scrofa.) Too late for ‘em to close the barn door. We’ve seen for ourselves BR’s attitude and barely concealed insolence.

Chief Kolar is putting out an anniversary edition with new information. It should be out around the middle of December.

Hopefully, it will have information about the filming of the docuseries. I would like to know if anything exciting (aka gossipy) went on behind the scenes.

Chief Kolar is putting out an anniversary edition with new information. It should be out around the middle of December.

Hopefully, it will have information about the filming of the docuseries. I would like to know if anything exciting (aka gossipy) went on behind the scenes.

It's time for another interview with him on your program.

That's what I want in a lawyer...one who acts like a teenager on freaking TWITTER!
He might have served John well in the past.

CBS said they will take it to trial.
Wood and John Ramsey have no idea what they are in for going up against CBS!

It was Wood himself who opened the flood gates by allowing Burke to go on Dr.Phil and totally change his story.
They basically gave CBS all they (CBS) need to win at trial.

And Mr.Kolar said NOTHING that can't be backed up with evidence from the case. That is not deformation.

In other words, "Kolar doesn't have enough money so I couldn't be bothered."

Money, honey. The truth about who horribly murdered an innocent little child is completely irrelevant. What a disgusting toad that man is.

Money, honey. The truth about who horribly murdered an innocent little child is completely irrelevant. What a disgusting toad that man is.

Kolar's book was fairly unknown and I suspect Wood didn't want to give it publicity.

Kolar's book was fairly unknown and I suspect Wood didn't want to give it publicity.

Comes up real quick when you search Amazon for JonBenet.

I honestly don't think Wood cares about giving an RDI publicity. If Kolar had money, he'd have sued him.

But I'll be very interested to see if really does sue CBS. My guess is that he's posturing for a settlement, one that I hope never comes. His boy Burke is now a voluntary public figure thanks to his appearance on his boy Dr. Phil's TV show. Really dumb move because now he has to prove actual malice on the part of CBS to prevail in a slander/libel lawsuit. Something he cannot do. And then there's the huge problem of what discovery and depositions might reveal....

I honestly don't think Wood cares about giving an RDI publicity. If Kolar had money, he'd have sued him.

But I'll be very interested to see if really does sue CBS. My guess is that he's posturing for a settlement, one that I hope never comes. His boy Burke is now a voluntary public figure thanks to his appearance on his boy Dr. Phil's TV show. Really dumb move because now he has to prove actual malice on the part of CBS to prevail in a slander/libel lawsuit. Something he cannot do. And then there's the huge problem of what discovery and depositions might reveal....

I don't think most people were aware of Kolar and his work - unlike most people who hang here. Of course if he was rich, that wouldn't matter.

Kolar was also pretty careful in his book not to explicitly state his conclusions, he invited people to come up with their own.

HarmonyE,
I reckon putting Burke up for interview has killed off LW's chances of litigation. He can huff and puff and hope CBS will settle, but if not, LW and JR will have to back down, and the world is watching.

Whats different is that Burke Ramsey has been named as JonBenet's killer, its all over the papers in the UK, i.e. JonBenet Case Solved, etc. That means I can repeat this everywhere in the UK and probably across Europe without fear of litigation, since I'm quoting the public media.

So there is LW and JR's dilemma, do they litigate to prevent Burke's reputation being defamed, or is the cat out of the bag, I think it's the latter?

HarmonyE,
I reckon putting Burke up for interview has killed off LW's chances of litigation. He can huff and puff and hope CBS will settle, but if not, LW and JR will have to back down, and the world is watching.

Whats different is that Burke Ramsey has been named as JonBenet's killer, its all over the papers in the UK, i.e. JonBenet Case Solved, etc. That means I can repeat this everywhere in the UK and probably across Europe without fear of litigation, since I'm quoting the public media.

So there is LW and JR's dilemma, do they litigate to prevent Burke's reputation being defamed, or is the cat out of the bag, I think it's the latter?

I don't think there is a real dilemma. You're right, the BDI cat is (finally!) out of the bag and it isn't going back in.

A lawsuit against CBS would do nothing for Burke's reputation. Not unless it made it to a jury and that jury found that CBS deliberately made stuff up out of malice and then awarded him money as compensation for his newly damaged reputation. (There's a good chance something like this never even gets to a jury as CBS would file a motion for summary judgement to get the case dismissed if Burke can't meet his burden of proof.)

The problem for Lin is that there is a huge risk that the information obtained through the discovery process - which would include the depositions of John and Burke and Fleet White and the 911 operator and pretty much every other living player you can think of - makes it pretty clear that Burke is the most likely suspect. Worse still, as addressed somewhere upthread, John Ramsey may not be fully out of the woods with regard to potential criminal charges. Why risk all of this with only a small chance of financial reward?

So my guess is he is just saber rattling to shake CBS down for a quick settlement for Burke. One that hopefully never happens.

No, to call Lin Wood a disgusting toad is an insult to disgusting toads the world over! If there was a disgusting toad here, I'd apologize!

CBS isn't going to settle anything. Even putzy reality shows have at least one legal eagle that goes over every word, from each person in every show before the green light goes up for a network to air a show.

I have a good friend who does exactly that.

CBS would have a throng of lawyers doing it for that show- believe you me- their bases are covered and I wouldn't be surprised to learn that a few of those producers were hoping for Lin Wood to go down that path.

There are a lot more people wanting justice for that sweet little girl then the few losers who don't.

The tides have turned for once and L Lin Wood and fat cat John Ramsey are finally on the losing side. I couldn't be more pleased.

CBS isn't going to settle anything. Even putzy reality shows have at least one legal eagle that goes over every word, from each person in every show before the green light goes up for a network to air a show.

I have a good friend who does exactly that.

CBS would have a throng of lawyers doing it for that show- believe you me- their bases are covered and I wouldn't be surprised to learn that a few of those producers were hoping for Lin Wood to go down that path.

There are a lot more people wanting justice for that sweet little girl then the few losers who don't.

The tides have turned for once and L Lin Wood and fat cat John Ramsey are finally on the losing side. I couldn't be more pleased.

Outrageous post, Frigga. The war is over, and the good guys have won.

Wood called Kolar's book trash and said it's the reason they didn't sue...I found that arrogant and childish

All out of Kolar'books. Any requeats for a copy after 6:30 Eastern cannot be filled.
My apologies

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx
Back