Jana Duggar Charged With Endangering the Welfare of a Minor, Sept 2021 *Guilty*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am not a lawyer, but if the children were left alone with Josh, wouldn't the onus legally be on Anna, since she's their mother and Jana's just their aunt?
I have no clue. I personally don't think it has anything to do with her brother since his bond would have undoubtedly been revoked if he had been left alone with the kids. That was a pretty key part of his bond conditions that he could only be around his children with their mother's supervision and that he was restricted to a third-party guardian's property and wasn't allowed to leave without permission.

I have no clue. I personally don't think it has anything to do with her brother since his bond would have undoubtedly been revoked if he had been left alone with the kids. That was a pretty key part of his bond conditions that he could only be around his children with their mother's supervision and that he was restricted to a third-party guardian's property and wasn't allowed to leave without permission.

Yeah, I don't think it's related either, but I am curious about who could potentially be charged in those circumstances, theoretically.

If I can quote from that site, which summarizes the AR laws:

• Endangering the Welfare of a Minor in the Second Degree is a Class A Misdemeanor. The responsible adult knowingly behaves in a way that causes harm or serious injury to a minor’s physical or mental well-being. Harm or injury is considered to be a lingering disfigurement, sustained damage to a vital organ or body part or a diminished mental or physical capacity.
Bold is original

This is the charge we're talking about, correct? The Class A misdemeanor?

I found the "knowingly behaves" phrasing quite striking!

And even if we're talking about the Class D misdemeanor, the "knowingly behaved" is not a factor, but the rest is.

So, there had to be damage of some kind. What was the damage?

Could they be claiming the injury was “mental”. That’s listed in the description.

Yeah, I don't think it's related either, but I am curious about who could potentially be charged in those circumstances, theoretically.
My guess would be it might involve the circumstances in which the kids were entrusted with the aunt. If the mom had no reason to think the aunt was negligent, then I'd think the responsibility would solely be with the other person who had agreed to care for them, but if the mother was aware the aunt was not fit to take care of them, they both would be at fault. But I have no clue! That just makes the most sense to me. Would be interested in a lawyer's take on it.

Maybe a physical punishment that got out of hand that resulted in an ER visit?

Someone has to have reported it to LE. Maybe a mandatory reporter? Nurse, psychologist, physician....

Maybe a physical punishment that got out of hand that resulted in an ER visit?

I'm not sure if that would be qualified as child endangerment or physical assault?

I have read theories (not rumors, just theories) that maybe Jana was driving kids around that weren't wearing their seatbelts or were not using car seats properly/at all when they should have been. I am not sure if this would qualify though.

I'm not sure if that would be qualified as child endangerment or physical assault?

I have read theories (not rumors, just theories) that maybe Jana was driving kids around that weren't wearing their seatbelts or were not using car seats properly/at all when they should have been. I am not sure if this would qualify though.
If I'm allowed to quote this, it would only result in a ticket in Arkansas. The ticket is even dismissed if the person buys a car seat:

Here’s a summary of Arkansas’s child seat laws according to age, weight, and height:

seatbelt-1-1024x684.jpeg

• Birth to at least age 1 (or 20 pounds): infant-only/rear-facing seat or rear-facing convertible seat
  • Age 1 (at least 20 pounds) to age 6 (or 60 pounds): forward-facing convertible seat, forward facing seat, or booster seat as applicable
  • Until age 8 (or 4’9” tall): booster seat
  • Until age 15: shoulder and lap seat belt
Failure to abide by these laws results in a fine of $25 to $100. However, the charges can be dropped upon proof of purchasing a seat.

Source: Arkansas Child Seat Laws

So, I doubt the problem was seat belts or car seats.

There has to have been a "mandatory reporter" situation 'cos no Duggar would rat on a Duggar, I'll bet.....I'm thinking ER. A kid fell down the stairs while unsupervised and broke a leg? A kid was clambering around on the kitchen cabinets? Dog bite? Handling a gun and it went off? A bottle of pills? Ran off shoeless and jumped into a lake? Scalding? Too near a barbecue?

There has to have been a "mandatory reporter" situation 'cos no Duggar would rat on a Duggar, I'll bet.....I'm thinking ER. A kid fell down the stairs while unsupervised and broke a leg? A kid was clambering around on the kitchen cabinets? Dog bite? Handling a gun and it went off? A bottle of pills? Ran off shoeless and jumped into a lake? Scalding? Too near a barbecue?

These all sound very possible. I really don't think it has to do with Josh and these all sound like something that's more likely to have happened.

When I look at their compound, I don't think "lose kids running around the hood" would be an issue.
However, it would be easy for a "lost child" to injure themselves on the property

The Duggar Family's House in Springdale, AR (Google Maps)

They do have unsecured firearms that kids may be able to access, so maybe a child got a hold of a firearm? Obviously no one was shot, thankfully, but I can see the possibility of a grandchild gaining access to a gun.

I kind of wonder if maybe she was tasked with watching one of Josh and Anna's kids while Anna was with the people Josh was staying with pre-conviction and one of the kids wandered off, if that rumor was true.

If she was babysitting.

If a child wandered away from Jana and was found by someone and they called LE, LE would file the charges against Jana. I can't picture the parent of a child pressing charges against Jana.

A child or children wandering away and strangers and LE getting involved makes the most sense to me as to why charges were filed.

We still don't know what really happened of course but frankly, I just don't believe any parent would file charges against her when they are close to her and the family.

Like a brother's or sister's or close friend's children.

I don’t know any more about this than what I have just read in this thread. But parents don’t decide whether or not to charge someone with a misdemeanor, LE does.

That said, who were the parents? Was Jana in a position to refuse to babysit?

Jana needs to flee the "Compound" and get a life. Aside from being charged for watching (or not watching) kids that are not even hers.

No wonder the gal doesn't want to get married. She has too many kids to watch now, as it is. #freejana

They do have unsecured firearms that kids may be able to access, so maybe a child got a hold of a firearm? Obviously no one was shot, thankfully, but I can see the possibility of a grandchild gaining access to a gun.

That's news to me. Is there an msm link that claims that the family leaves guns acccessible to unsupervised children? I apologize if this is a well known fact and I've just missed it!

That's news to me. Is there an msm link that claims that the family leaves guns acccessible to unsupervised children? I apologize if this is a well known fact and I've just missed it!

There have been multiple known instances in the Duggar watcher community of them having guns around not locked in a safe for kids to access.

IDK if this is considered "MSM" enough, but daughter Joy filmed herself and her husband leaving a rifle on a table unattended for her 3 y/o and infant to possibly access. Joy-Anna Duggar and Austin slammed as 'idiots' for leaving RIFLE near son Gideon

Minor Duggar having a shotgun in a house of a million children: Young Jedidiah Duggar Causes Controversy With Gun Picture - E! Online

There have been other things that I can't post here about them having guns accessible to children.

This apparently happened in September so it wasn't related to being in court.

But it could easily have been her watching Anna's kids while Anna visited Josh. If a kid ran off down the road and a neighbor called LE, (speculation) there might have been nothing they could do to prevent an official report being made, even with no one apparently being injured.

Yes there have been photos over the years of guns not being secure -- I recall one of some picnic or campground where then-5-ish-year-old Josie was walking around right next to an unattended gun.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TruthAndACoffee
Back