Japan: 9.0 Earthquake-Tsunami-Nuclear Reactor Developments #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
'Military flying in US Navy pumping equipment in a last ditch effort to cool those rods in the nuke plant. Flying out of Yokota Air Base. Wish us luck!'

Drudge has this quote up, but I can't find the source. But, GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.drudgereport.com/

Canada regulator reports water leak at nuclear plant
Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:24pm GMT Print | Single Page [-] Text [+]
* 73,000L of demineralized water leaked at nuclear plant

* Regulators say radiation threat "negligible"

TORONTO, March 16 (Reuters) - Canada's nuclear regulator said on Wednesday there was a demineralized water leak at a nuclear power plant near Toronto late on Monday after a pump seal failed.

With world attention riveted on the nuclear crisis in Japan, the Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission said that the risk of radiation from the 73,000 liters of water released at the Pickering A generator was negligible.

http://af.reuters.com/article/energyOilNews/idAFN1610498020110316?sp=true

lol teh - yes and no.

That was a specific example and involved only a handfull of people (although there were hundreds around)

This would be considered a nationwide crisis. We all know how the "authorities" seem more concerned about a mass panic than they do about actually fixing the situation and making sure the people are safe.

Like here after Andrew. I had a friend that was an LE dispatcher at the time. The gov't was using the ole teletype machines to disseminate info. There were many many refrigerated rail cars that were taken down to the devistation area and then quietly pulled out of the area in the middle of the night. RUMOR had it that they were moving the dead (and personally I beleive it). Yet, the public never heard a word of this. I'm sure they probably did the same thing in New Orleans - but in NO there weren't people still around to see it - everyone left.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist but I just feel that we won't be told a whole lot if this crisis deepens and this whole plant goes.

I'm so worried about our soldiers over there right now.

Ok I got a question for all of you (us).

What do you think we will be told about any possible radiation cloud if one does happen? Do you think we will all be kept in the dark - except for the internet and what "others" say? And, of course, anyone trying to tell the truth and warn people will be "poo-pooed" by the gov't.

Do you think we will be told anything or warned at all or will they all cover it up and hope the cloud just "floats" by?

Just had this chat with one of my daughters this morning.

I believe we should take the Surgeon General's warning seriously. The gov't isn't going to hold our hands, we need to take some responsibility for our own health and welfare.

Secondly, I tend not to believe very much I hear from any gov't, not no more.

Thirdly, I heard a good explanation on TV about why this disaster isn't yet as bad as Chernobyl. He said (forget who) Chernobyl was so bad because it BLEW UP - meaning it blew the radiation WAY up in the atmosphere where it floated 'round and 'round over the earth for a long time.

So far this hasn't happened, that we know of, in Japan. There is radiation, some clouds, but from what I've been hearing they are lower - not good for Japan and the immediate vicinity, and possibly a risk, depending, to parts of the West Coast. The East Coast MIGHT? get nothing at all, or not very much, but every little bit, as far as I'm concerned is too much.

Will we ever hear the TRUTH? Naw! We never do, do we?

My own, uneducated opinion only

Just call me "teh, the conspiracy theorist". They LIE. I don't trust "they".

lol teh - yes and no.

That was a specific example and involved only a handfull of people (although there were hundreds around)

This would be considered a nationwide crisis. We all know how the "authorities" seem more concerned about a mass panic than they do about actually fixing the situation and making sure the people are safe.

Like here after Andrew. I had a friend that was an LE dispatcher at the time. The gov't was using the ole teletype machines to disseminate info. There were many many refrigerated rail cars that were taken down to the devistation area and then quietly pulled out of the area in the middle of the night. RUMOR had it that they were moving the dead (and personally I beleive it). Yet, the public never heard a word of this. I'm sure they probably did the same thing in New Orleans - but in NO there weren't people still around to see it - everyone left.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist but I just feel that we won't be told a whole lot if this crisis deepens and this whole plant goes.

I'm so worried about our soldiers over there right now.

I heard about those trains ,also there were reports leaking that the death toll there was grossly misrepresented. I forgot what the actual total was supposed to be, I will have to ask my neighbor as he went though the area .

I keep hearing things like "not as bad as Chernobyl", "risk low", yada, yada, yada. Well let's look at this shall we......Chernobyl was ONE. One reactor where they were able to fight it under NORMAL circumstances. The area was NOT in the middle of an already ravaged area. The infrastructure was intact. HERE, screw the infrastructure...it's non existent. And there are SIX reactors. One thing you do keep hearing from many different sources are the words "uncharted territory".......right now POLICE are shooting a WATER CANNON at one of the reactors in HOPES of cooling it down. There are several things I find worrying about that............I think one has to use their own common sense about these things. What's yours telling you? Mine's saying, "teh, this could be bad, and you are living a moment in History that could redefine a lot of things".

At one point, national broadcaster NHK showed military helicopters lifting off to survey radiation levels above the complex, preparing to dump water onto the most troubled reactors in a desperate effort to cool them down. The defence ministry said those flights were a drill. Later, it said it had decided against making an airborne drop because of the high radiation levels.

and

Millions of people struggled for a fifth day with little food, water or heat, and already chilly temperatures turned to snow in many areas. Police say more than 452,000 people are staying in temporary shelters, often sleeping on the floor in school gymnasiums.

and

The workers at the forefront of the fight — a core team of about 180 — had been regularly rotated in and out of the danger zone to minimize their radiation exposure.

and

Edano said the government expects to ask the U.S. military for help, though he did not elaborate. He said the government is still considering whether to accept offers of help from other countries.
http://www.news1130.com/news/world/...-stricken-nuclear-plant-after-radiation-drops

I get worried every time someone says, this is a drill, it's only a drill. About anything.
I also thought that core team that kept being rotated in and out was of 50, not 180.
And they are considering whether to accept help from other countries? With all this considering I see go on, are they actually DOING anything? Every article says they are considering this or considering that...

ITA teh - Chernobyl was ONE reactor - like you said. So, I'm looking at this as 6 TIMES a Chernobyl - by the sheer number of reactors involved.

So what that in Chernobyl the radiation was "blasted" into the stratosphere and that caused the "cloud" to circle the earth. So what. It doesn't take a "blast" to cause something to circle the earth. That article yesterday said that there are 600,000 fuel rods at that plant!!! 600K! That right there is enough to put people on a "need to know" basis. And we, as John Q. Public and Jane Doe are last on that need to know list.

That is what scares me.

Sooo, it's like standing outside a high rise building, shooting a hose through a third story window hoping it will saturate a closed kitchen?

A few thousand miles across the Pacific to the east, state and federal officials in Hawaii and West Coast states said they did not anticipate any threats to public health from radiation drifting in from Japan. Despite such reassurances, Arizona-based GeigerCounters.com is seeing a run on radiation monitoring equipment. The site was down for a while following the announcement of the Fukushima leak, and came back online Tuesday morning with this message:
Due to the disaster in Japan, orders for Geiger Counters have outstripped supply. Initial orders were filled immediately from stock on the shelves at our location and the warehouses of our suppliers. But at this point, there are simply not enough detectors available to meet the overwhelming demand. At least one of our suppliers has adopted a “triage” method of doling out the limited supply of detectors remaining until more can come off the factory line.

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/20...o-calif-radiation-tracking-gets-crowdsourced/

A "triage" method of doling out Geiger Counters........well I'll be.

Just call me "teh, the conspiracy theorist". They LIE. I don't trust "they".

I keep hearing things like "not as bad as Chernobyl", "risk low", yada, yada, yada. Well let's look at this shall we......Chernobyl was ONE. One reactor where they were able to fight it under NORMAL circumstances. The area was NOT in the middle of an already ravaged area. The infrastructure was intact. HERE, screw the infrastructure...it's non existent. And there are SIX reactors. One thing you do keep hearing from many different sources are the words "uncharted territory".......right now POLICE are shooting a WATER CANNON at one of the reactors in HOPES of cooling it down. There are several things I find worrying about that............I think one has to use their own common sense about these things. What's yours telling you? Mine's saying, "teh, this could be bad, and you are living a moment in History that could redefine a lot of things".

BBM I think many of us here have lived through moments in history that redefined a lot of things, from an assassinated President, to people stranded for how many days on rooftops in New Orleans(?), to Chernobyl, the attack on the world trade center, now this nuclear disaster, and so many more that I don't have time to list them.

Oh, yeah, don't want to forget the axis being moved around a bit. This ought to do well, especially since the universe appears to be rather precise so the planets don't bump into each other - jk, sorta.

BBM I think many of us here have lived through moments in history that redefined a lot of things, from an assassinated President, to people stranded for how many days on rooftops in New Orleans(?), to Chernobyl, the attack on the world trade center, now this nuclear disaster, and so many more that I don't have time to list them.

Oh, yeah, don't want to forget the axis being moved around a bit. This ought to do well, especially since the universe appears to be rather precise so the planets don't bump into each other - jk, sorta.

Yeah, I should have said "ANOTHER" moment......I don't know about ya'll, but I'm getting tired of these moments.

I wonder, now that the 50 workers has been upped to 180, how many of those are suffering from radiation sickness already? Is THAT why they upped the number of people?

Finding out about those spent fuel pools being located on the upper levels of those containment buildings and now seeing those containment buildings are a mangled heap of twisted metal and concrete - what happened to those upper level pools? Better yet - what happened to all the spent fuel rods that were housed up there? I truly don't believe those spent rods are still on site - not with those two explosions we got to see!

Actually my Gamma used to tell us when we were little about the things she had seen and what did we think we would have seen by the time we got to be her age. We hoped it would be things like "flying cars"......sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChriNBelusk0