Japan: 9.0 Earthquake-Tsunami-Nuclear Reactor Status #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if we have reported on this yet,but jeez,they say California is going to sink!!! Supposedly this is a very under reported consequence of the constant seismic activity going on in Japan,Liquefaction. Some of the video is unbelievable!

http://209.157.64.200/focus/news/2690927/posts

If you remember the Loma Prieta earthquake in San Francisco, 1989, there was soil liquefaction because so many buildings were built on landfill that wasn't stable.

The government is aware of it, but nothing they can do about it. It can happen anywhere there's a fill area where homes or buildings are built.

Here's a USGS page about past liquefaction in San Fran:

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/regional/nca/qmap/

Here, there have been a couple of releases where they've vented gas from the reactor, and then released some cooling water." Workers yesterday discovered a fire close to the No?4 Reactor at the plant but quickly extinguished it. Tepco said the fire was in a battery box and did not affect radiation levels.

Read more: http://www.vancouversun.com/health/...Japan+admits/4596821/story.html#ixzz1JLFqm5gD

Is this THE fire from yesterday's video or just A fire?

Scary isn't it? Where is the outcry and the demand from the masses for the truth? I guess a large percentage of people want to believe what feels good and sounds good to them rather than question what doesn't make sense!! And, IMVHO, the powers that be are counting on that very mindset of blind trust and complacency to keep the delusion in place!:twocents:

IMO There has been a very intentional DUMBING down of masses. It's been a concerted effort and it has worked like a charm. The masses are more interested in sound bites and Charlie Sheen news meanwhile government corruption is rampet and the greedy rake in the $$$$$. if the masses are spoon fed enough crap..... over time they begin to prefer crap!

There are simply far too many sheep these days. imo

Some 370,000 terabecquerels of radioactive iodine and cesium have been released at Fukushima — more than officials originally thought. (A terabecquerel equals 1 trillion becquerels, a measure for radiation emissions.) Most of it spewed into the atmosphere in the early days of the crisis, and radiation levels have generally been declining.
http://www.npr.org/2011/04/12/135353240/fukushima-vs-chernobyl-what-does-level-7-mean

The Metsamor power station is one of a mere handful of remaining nuclear reactors of its kind that were built without primary containment structures. All five of these first-generation water-moderated Soviet units are past or near their original retirement ages, but one salient fact sets Armenia's reactor apart from the four in Russia.

Metsamor lies on some of Earth's most earthquake-prone terrain.

In the wake of Japan's quake-and-tsunami-triggered Fukushima Daiichi crisis, Armenia's government faces renewed questions from those who say the fateful combination of design and location make Metsamor among the most dangerous nuclear plants in the world.
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/energy/2011/04/110412-most-dangerous-nuclear-plant-armenia/

Sorta off topic to Japan, but I found it interesting.

IMO There has been a very intentional DUMBING down of masses. It's been a concerted effort and it has worked like a charm. The masses are more interested in sound bites and Charlie Sheen news meanwhile government corruption is rampet and the greedy rake in the $$$$$. if the masses are spoon fed enough crap..... over time they begin to prefer crap!

There are simply far too many sheep these days. imo

Just look at the funding for education. :cool:

I wonder how many Japanese will go to see these movies?

http://english.kyodonews.jp/news/2011/04/85056.html

TOKYO, April 13, KyodoA theater in Tokyo's Nakano Ward will screen more than a dozen nuclear-themed movies later this month to mark the 25th anniversary of the Chernobyl disaster which took place on April 26, 1986 in the former Soviet Union.

Officials at the theater said they had been planning to screen movies about atomic bombs in conjunction with a similar-themed exhibition scheduled for early April at the Meguro Museum of Art. But the plan was abandoned after the museum canceled the exhibition in the wake of the accident at the Fukushima nuclear plant saying it may spread excessive fear or possible misunderstanding about radiation, according to organizers.

''We hope that the screening event will provide an opportunity for people to discuss why we need nuclear power stations now that a level 7 accident has occurred in Japan,'' said Shohei Ishikawa, one of the organizers, referring to the maximum severity level applied to the ongoing crisis at the crippled Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant, putting it on a par with the Chernobyl accident.

The special screening at the theater Polepole Higashinakano between April 23 and May 6 will feature both Japanese and foreign films on nuclear power and nuclear accidents. They include a documentary on the construction of Japan's first commercial reactor at the Tokai nuclear power plant in Ibaraki Prefecture.

A total of 17 movies will be screened during the two-week event, including ''Nadya's Village,'' which depicts a family staying on in a beautiful Belarusian village even after it was contaminated by radiation following the Chernobyl disaster.

I wonder how many Japanese will go to see these movies?

http://english.kyodonews.jp/news/2011/04/85056.html

TOKYO, April 13, KyodoA theater in Tokyo's Nakano Ward will screen more than a dozen nuclear-themed movies later this month to mark the 25th anniversary of the Chernobyl disaster which took place on April 26, 1986 in the former Soviet Union.

Officials at the theater said they had been planning to screen movies about atomic bombs in conjunction with a similar-themed exhibition scheduled for early April at the Meguro Museum of Art. But the plan was abandoned after the museum canceled the exhibition in the wake of the accident at the Fukushima nuclear plant saying it may spread excessive fear or possible misunderstanding about radiation, according to organizers.

''We hope that the screening event will provide an opportunity for people to discuss why we need nuclear power stations now that a level 7 accident has occurred in Japan,'' said Shohei Ishikawa, one of the organizers, referring to the maximum severity level applied to the ongoing crisis at the crippled Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant, putting it on a par with the Chernobyl accident.

The special screening at the theater Polepole Higashinakano between April 23 and May 6 will feature both Japanese and foreign films on nuclear power and nuclear accidents. They include a documentary on the construction of Japan's first commercial reactor at the Tokai nuclear power plant in Ibaraki Prefecture.

A total of 17 movies will be screened during the two-week event, including ''Nadya's Village,'' which depicts a family staying on in a beautiful Belarusian village even after it was contaminated by radiation following the Chernobyl disaster.

Imo, this is over the top, and I certainly wouldn't attend. However, I realize the Japanese mindset is much different than my own. It will be interesting to see how it goes.

i shouldn't have looked.. those animals killed me.. maybe because they are still alive.. they can be rescued.. why aren't they.. why can't someone turn that horse loose so he can at least get to some water and graze??? What about the cat, break the window let her out.. give her a chance :( :( I'm gonna have nightmares :(

I'm glad it's not just me. I want to say that I read something, somewhere (reliable reporting from me, no?) that said that because of their fur, it's very difficult to decontaminate animals. And, of course, rescuing humans does take precedence.

I was the same way after Katrina. Hearing the stories of pets that got left behind just crushed me. I met a guy (brother of a friend of a friend) who moved up here, from New Orleans, after the hurricane--he and his partner had been forced to leave their cat behind in their apartment when they evacuated. He literally had lost everything he owned except for what he was wearing (I met him in the process of getting him some shoes via my then-boss--her husband was the same size), and still hadn't heard of the fate of some friends, but the look on his face when he talked about his pet still haunts me.

And now I'm tearing up again.

You know, before this all happened (and even a bit after) I was kind of on the fence whether nuclear power was a good thing or not (I know we have got to find better energy sources than oil and coal, but I hadn't really taken the time to research nuclear energy). I'm not anymore. The risks are just too great, imo. Things like wind farms may have their downsides (dangers to migratory birds, noise for those close by, etc.), but nothing like this will ever come down from a wind farm disaster. The devastation in Japan from the earthquake/tsunami would have been bad enough, but to add in this... I'm just heartbroken.

[video=youtube;8vZR0Rq1Rfw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vZR0Rq1Rfw[/video]
Swallowed by the tsunami: Horrifying new footage shows life and death race to outrun giant wave
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ath-race-outrun-giant-wave.html#ixzz1JNTMoGwl
SNIP-
The sheer panic of people trying to flee the Japanese tsunami has been captured in a newly-released video that shows the life and death race to outrun the wave.

The fate of some of those in the footage is unknown as the water rises so quickly that they simply disappear in the swell carrying cars and buildings.

Residents from the town, believed to be called Minami-sanriku, are seen running up the side of a hill to safety as the water behind them closes in on them.

RBM IMO No it won't. Only thing that will actually done will be lip service. and honestly, who REALLY cares? Do you see the be masses demanding even information?

Nothing will be done with the exception, hopefully, of safety issues. The future of energy will be fusion energy vs this fission which was put into use way before it should have been..(as far as safety). It is and was a good concept, but the what if's and disposal were an afterthought.
Projections for fusion's commerical use in not until 2050. The percentage of research dollars into fusion vs solar, wind, etc. is mind boggling with billions each year going into it.

This only tells the basics, but there is alot of info out there for inquiry.

http://www.fusionenergyfoundation.org/history

Tidbits: (Bolded item seems especially troubling)

Some of the spent nuclear fuel rods stored in the No. 4 reactor building of the crisis-hit Fukushima Daiichi power plant were confirmed to be damaged, but most of them are believed to be in sound condition, plant operator Tokyo Electric Power Co. said Wednesday.

The firm known as TEPCO said its analysis of a 400-milliliter water sample taken Tuesday from the No. 4 unit's spent nuclear fuel pool revealed the damage to some fuel rods in such a pool for the first time, as it detected higher-than-usual levels of radioactive iodine-131, cesium-134 and cesium-137.

The No. 4 reactor, halted for a regular inspection before last month's earthquake and tsunami disaster, had all of its fuel rods stored in the pool for the maintenance work and the fuel was feared to have sustained damage from overheating.

The roof and the upper walls of the No. 4 reactor building have been blown away by a hydrogen explosion and damaged by fires since the disaster struck the plant. The water level in the spent fuel pool is believed to have temporarily dropped.

Meanwhile, Yoko Komiyama, senior vice minister of health, labor and welfare, said Wednesday at a Diet session that a total of 22 workers at the plant have been exposed to radiation exceeding 100 millisieverts as of midnight Tuesday and that the highest level of exposure among them is 198.24 millisieverts.

Exposure to 100 millisieverts is the legal limit for nuclear plant workers dealing with an emergency, but the limit has been raised to 250 millisieverts for the ongoing crisis.

Entire article at http://english.kyodonews.jp/news/2011/04/85259.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vZR0Rq1Rfw
Swallowed by the tsunami: Horrifying new footage shows life and death race to outrun giant wave
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ath-race-outrun-giant-wave.html#ixzz1JNTMoGwl
SNIP-
The sheer panic of people trying to flee the Japanese tsunami has been captured in a newly-released video that shows the life and death race to outrun the wave.

The fate of some of those in the footage is unknown as the water rises so quickly that they simply disappear in the swell carrying cars and buildings.

Residents from the town, believed to be called Minami-sanriku, are seen running up the side of a hill to safety as the water behind them closes in on them.

That was chilling. It scared me even tho I know it's over.

That video was just WOw.. in 5 minutes it was far away and then it was just upon them :(

That video was just WOw.. in 5 minutes it was far away and then it was just upon them :(

I found myself shouting at the video for them to hurry up. You see a couple people walking instead of running.This is just stuff you see in a movie!!

http://english.kyodonews.jp/news/2011/04/85289.html

Excessive radioactive cesium found in fish caught off Fukushima
TOKYO, April 13, Kyodo

Radioactive cesium 25 times above the legal limit for consumption was detected Wednesday in young sand lance caught off Fukushima Prefecture, the Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare said. One of the sample fish had a level of cesium of 12,500 becquerels per kilogram about 500 meters off the city of Iwaki, and 35 kilometers from the crippled Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power station, it said. The limit is 500 becquerels under the Food Sanitation Law.

Program Inside Nuclear Plants?

...cannot be solely the result of tsunami-caused breakdowns, bungling or miscommunication. Inexplicable delays and half-baked explanations...

and

The most logical explanation: The nuclear industry and government agencies are scrambling to prevent the discovery of atomic-bomb research facilities...

Read more: http://nation.foxnews.com/culture/2...s-program-inside-nuclear-plants#ixzz1IwkdQ8I6

Really, Fox News? :waitasec:

Quoteing this again, because if you think real hard about it, it does make sense.

There are 2 big confusing things about the situation that sorta point to something fishy goin on over there. The first one is that for some reason, even though there wasn't any fuel in the reactor it still needed to be sprayed with water. Why? Could they have been possibly using the fuel that was in there to make weapons?

The second thing is, they have been using barges there under the cover of darkness that are protected by another ship. Why would they first the protector ship, then the darkness to move things around?

There is a third fishy thing I just remembered... there's this light that can be seen dimly on the nighttime web cam for the plant... They'd need light to move whatever it is their moving over there.

A fourth just occurred to me lol... just recently they upgraded it to a level 7 accident after being at 5 for so long. At level 5 it is still local and Tepco has control over it. At level 7 it becomes international so other countries can butt in, and if it was level 7 before now the other countries would have found out about whatever they were using reactor #4 for. They must have gotten everything out. If you are wondering where they move the stuff to with the barges... there is a very deep trench a bit to the east of Japan. Drop it down there and no-one's the wiser.

It sounds crazy, but it does kinda make sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8xbet8vip