Japan - Miyazawa family of 4 murdered, Setagaya, Tokyo, 30 Dec 2000 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
fwiw, One (disgusting ) way that some young males may have formed a familiarity with sanitary napkins.
''According to Vice, Adj. Sr. Comr. Suprinarto, the head of the Central Java branch of the National Drug Agency (BNN), says some teens — most between the ages of 13 and 16 — have been boiling both new and used sanitary napkins in an effort to distill and ingest the chemicals inside the products.''

fwiw, One (disgusting ) way that some young males may have formed a familiarity with sanitary napkins.
''According to Vice, Adj. Sr. Comr. Suprinarto, the head of the Central Java branch of the National Drug Agency (BNN), says some teens — most between the ages of 13 and 16 — have been boiling both new and used sanitary napkins in an effort to distill and ingest the chemicals inside the products.''
"Used'
:/

Wow. You learn new medical facts every day.

Keeping this interesting pad tidbit aside, I found it interesting that the sands are from the same places that the Miyazawas had also been in their free time,

Might be incredibly coincidental, but how often do you find a killer to have the same vacation spot as his victims?

I didn’t mean the exact locations, but you mentioned that the Miyazawas had also been to vacation in the same city or region in the US that the sand was from? And another beach in Japan?
Oh right, yeah. I know Mikio had been to the US with the family, definitely he went to California and NY. Though no evidence he went to Edwards AFB, of course.

As for them being on vacation to Mabori Beach, I don’t know that I did say that? Though, I can’t rule it out and it wouldnt be an odd thing for them to do—it’s not super far from Tokyo etc.

Oh right, yeah. I know Mikio had been to the US with the family, definitely he went to California and NY. Though no evidence he went to Edwards AFB, of course.

As for them being on vacation to Mabori Beach, I don’t know that I did say that? Though, I can’t rule it out and it wouldnt be an odd thing for them to do—it’s not super far from Tokyo etc.
It is certainly a massive coincidence, especially since there was no tangible reason for the killer to leave the hip bag behind.

No one saw him coming in with the hip bag under his jacket, and if he is bold enough to take Mikio’s sweatshirt, then the hip bag shouldn’t be a big deal.
Even if we assume the rest of his clothes were disposable and didn’t mean much to him, the hip bag had certainly been used outside of the murders.

So why leave it behind? Quite crazy. And ofcourse he couldn’t have known about the sands inside, but what a coincidence that the Miyazawas had also been to the US.

It is certainly a massive coincidence, especially since there was no tangible reason for the killer to leave the hip bag behind.
I'm assuming there was blood on it. Given his injury, maybe he figured there was no point / no conceivable way he was going to be able to clean everything up satisfactorily. If we accept the premise that it's possible that he had a way out of the country, then he might well have thought that it didn't matter as much. If they have 3 pieces of evidence against me, they might as well have 300--they have to catch me first. Alternatively, it's possible he just wasn't thinking straight. Or he was an idiot. But if he was, then he was one that never offended again in such a manner and has managed to elude the TMPD for 24 years. Not impossible, obviously. Just based on what I know, both that which I've shared here and that which I have not, my feeling is he left.
No one saw him coming in with the hip bag under his jacket, and if he is bold enough to take Mikio’s sweatshirt, then the hip bag shouldn’t be a big deal.
Unless it's as mundane as the bag having blood on it and Mikio's sweater being clean.
Even if we assume the rest of his clothes were disposable and didn’t mean much to him, the hip bag had certainly been used outside of the murders.
We know it was, yes. The TMPD have said it was well-worn. We also know that only his genetic material and fingerprints were on that bag. We also know it's likely he was keeping pens in that bag and that the police have said they are looking for someone who was living the student lifestyle at the time of the murders.
So why leave it behind? Quite crazy. And ofcourse he couldn’t have known about the sands inside, but what a coincidence that the Miyazawas had also been to the US.
Like so many of the choices he makes. In listening to the decisions a murderer makes, you can sometimes hear them whispering their own name. In this case, it's a cacophony that's blaring so loudly, you can't make out the words. So, so many strange choices. I'm not sure that a Japanese tourist having gone to the USA before is that much of a coincidence myself but certainly, the possibility exists that the flashpoint / connection between killer and victims didn't actually occur in Japan, even if their murders did.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back