Japan - Miyazawa family of 4 murdered, Setagaya, Tokyo, 30 Dec 2000 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Re: Yokota AFB selling half sizes for shoes in the stores, I just had a look at the Yokota Main Exchange website which is the mega mall on the base. While Slazenger is not listed as a brand of shoe they sell currently, they do sell in half sizes.
Interestingly, they do sell Slazenger clothing still. This leads me to believe they likely had shoes there at some point too, JMO.
I’m unsure where I could find the information from 24 years ago though.

Re: Yokota AFB selling half sizes for shoes in the stores, I just had a look at the Yokota Main Exchange website which is the mega mall on the base. While Slazenger is not listed as a brand of shoe they sell currently, they do sell in half sizes.
Interestingly, they do sell Slazenger clothing still. This leads me to believe they likely had shoes there at some point too, JMO.

I assume that an army base store is an extension of US stores. Culturally, American. In any US footwear store or a major department store, both shoes and sneakers come in half sizes.

I assume that an army base store is an extension of US stores. Culturally, American. In any US footwear store or a major department store, both shoes and sneakers come in half sizes.
Yes, quite naturally. So then, when the TMPD discover the footprint is 27.5cm and isn’t a size available in Japan, it is interesting they decide the shoe is automatically from another country (in this case South Korea) and not from the military base down the road that sells shoes in larger half sizes and also sells other Slazenger items too (even today).

Of course if they were a half centimetre off then they were available in Japan.

Wow! Incoherent, you are good! It didn’t occur to me that we “civilians” would be able to view merchandise offered for sale at a military exchange. I see two Slazenger items offered for sale right now.

Of course, this “proves” nothing, but in my mind, it’s a nice little piece of information. Earlier on in the thread it was established that in the late 90’s Slazenger shoes were, indeed, known to be worn quite a bit by tennis players, specifically, and now we see Slazenger clothing items offered for sale on the Yakota Main Exchange site.

Incoherent, I’m just editing this to add: You mentioned that you looked at the “Yakota Main Exhange website which is the mega mall on the base”. When I click the link, though, it looks like a website where any military person from around the world can order clothing online. Can you clarify a bit? Maybe not the strong clue that I thought? TIA!

Last edited:
I have 2 strong POIS. Leaning towards one. Circumstantial evidence continues to grow. I’m curious if others have a POI.

Yes, quite naturally. So then, when the TMPD discover the footprint is 27.5cm and isn’t a size available in Japan, it is interesting they decide the shoe is automatically from another country (in this case South Korea) and not from the military base down the road that sells shoes in larger half sizes and also sells other Slazenger items too (even today).

Of course if they were a half centimetre off then they were available in Japan.
Yeah- a half a centimeter! It’s pretty hard to think that they couldn’t have been off by a half a centimeter, but it’s very tempting to rely on that half-size being a salient clue.

Right now, though, I’m just pondering the Slazenger brand, and who might have likely been wearing that brand.

Incoherent, I’m just editing this to add: You mentioned that you looked at the “Yakota Main Exhange website which is the mega mall on the base”. When I click the link, though, it looks like a website where any military person from around the world can order clothing online. Can you clarify a bit? Maybe not the strong clue that I thought? TIA!
RSBM: Hey Friday! Hope you’re well.

Yes, the Yokota Main Exchange is a shopping mall on the base. You are correct it looks like items from the mall can be ordered online too.
If you check Google you can see pictures of inside the mall and what it looks like:
IMG_3553.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_3552.jpeg
    IMG_3552.jpeg
    147.5 KB · Views: 4
Correction re: the Yokota Main Exchange website, it does look like the website covers a more extensive area including outside of Japan rather than just the exchanges on AF bases in Japan.
This makes it more difficult to narrow down what items are sold there and what aren’t, so the searchable merchandise on the website may or may not be available on the AF base and could just be online only.

@fridaybaker you are right this may not be as big of a clue as initially hoped sadly!

I have 2 strong POIS. Leaning towards one. Circumstantial evidence continues to grow. I’m curious if others have a POI.
If you’re talking about the yearbook, there was someone that caught my eye but none of it matters because he has a foreign father.

In fact, the vast majority of kids at Yokota are either fully white, fully black, fully Filipino, or mixed race with the vast majority of those unions being the results of a foreign father x Japanese mother (makes sense, it’s Japan and two decades ago).

If there’s one thing I’m sure about the case, 99.99% positive, is that the killer has an East Asian or SE Asian father.

That makes the list of potential POIs extremely small. Looking through this now narrowed down list and even doing my own extended sleuthing with google and social media sites, I can’t say I have a POI. A lot of these Yokota AB individuals also have really good jobs now and went to decent universities in the US I’ve noticed.

I wonder how Japan can give the DNA to some lab to find out the killer’s haplogroups without any trouble from the government but can’t do basic isotoping to find out what locations the killer may have spent his life nor determine a phenotype profile. I know if I had the DNA, I would be able to do so.

I wonder how Japan can give the DNA to some lab to find out the killer’s haplogroups without any trouble from the government but can’t do basic isotoping to find out what locations the killer may have spent his life nor determine a phenotype profile. I know if I had the DNA, I would be able to do so.
As I’ve posted many times throughout the thread: because this information was leaked by someone at the university lab they went to the second opinion for. (Side bar: it was an eminent university, not some lab).

The TMPD didn’t want any of the DNA information to be out there and even asked Wikipedia to remove it as it would lead to assumptions about the killer’s ethnic make-up. Wikipedia rejected this.

Put simply, we don’t know what the killer’s genetic make-up is. We don’t know whether he’s ‘mixed race’ and certainly this cannot be stated as fact.

Even Dr. M, the man who ran the aforementioned lab and the one of the few people outside of the TMPD to have looked at the killer’s DNA, is cagey to this day about it all. In my most recent communication with him, he wouldn’t get into an explanation of the assertion that everyone always quotes: ‘1 in 4 chance of being Korean.’

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mamagoldman
Back