Japan - Miyazawa family of 4 murdered, Setagaya, Tokyo, 30 Dec 2000 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
From what I've read on here and from you and Nic specifically vouching that TMPD are top bar and investigated every avenue and I truly hope they expanded their nets to those on the sidelines.
RSBM: Yes, despite some of their methods that I don’t agree with and the faults they have I think they are world class.
IMO the one avenue they have not (seemingly) explored and refuse to comment further on is the one that possibly holds the key to this. I say seemingly because if they have they are not releasing the information, which isn’t uncommon for them to withhold especially if they found something.

And it is not just me, or Nic, that thinks this way either. I was scrolling through comments in Japanese on a news clip about the case and this was the top like comment translated into English:

“This incident is believed to have been committed by a foreign criminal. If it were a Japanese person, it would have been dismissed as petty theft and he would not have taken the lives of the residents. If it was a foreigner, it will become an international issue. It seems likely that politics are intervening to silence the public security forces. With all the evidence, there is no way the TMPD wouldn't be able to catch the culprit.”

Many similar comments from the Japanese public too. Make of that what you will.

RSBM: Yes, despite some of their methods that I don’t agree with and the faults they have I think they are world class.
IMO the one avenue they have not (seemingly) explored and refuse to comment further on is the one that possibly holds the key to this. I say seemingly because if they have they are not releasing the information, which isn’t uncommon for them to withhold especially if they found something.

And it is not just me, or Nic, that thinks this way either. I was scrolling through comments in Japanese on a news clip about the case and this was the top like comment translated into English:

“This incident is believed to have been committed by a foreign criminal. If it were a Japanese person, it would have been dismissed as petty theft and he would not have taken the lives of the residents. If it was a foreigner, it will become an international issue. It seems likely that politics are intervening to silence the public security forces. With all the evidence, there is no way the TMPD wouldn't be able to catch the culprit.”

Many similar comments from the Japanese public too. Make of that what you will.
I agree as well.

I hope TMPD sifted through a large web of associations not just from the murdered family but Ann's family associations as well as large as it might be... either could expand quite large into interminglings of a foreigner far removed but close enough to feel comfortable with the house, area, familial routines/habits, Town Seven, etc.

Even if they are long gone out of Japan, someone in Japan might know something that could be a huge tip and breakthrough.

MOO - cash rewards in Canada (can't speak for US but likely similar) is used by LE usually to try to lure someone or tempt someone into a talking or a tip. It's a ploy tactic to weigh on people or associations that might know something/anything.

I don't think it's used often unless LE thinks others might know some form of information as they aren't used for all cases/crimes here. I cannot speak for Japan's use of cash rewards, but I find when done in Canada it's usually a clue to me that they have ideas but just need someone to talk or give the smallest bit of info to gain traction. JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ronin13
Back