Japan - Miyazawa family of 4 murdered, Setagaya, Tokyo, 30 Dec 2000

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I read somewhere in the pages that the family had been out shopping that day. Is it possible the murderer came WITH the family? That is, Murderer-San sees family out shopping, "Hello! Remember me?" Then he has a sad story about being alone for the day, he is invited home with the family, and enters WITH them, as an invited guest?

This would seem to be ruled out by the murderer's being seen on video buying the knife. But it seems at least possible ("unlikely" I'll agree with) that he said, "Say, why don't I run out and get us some snacks?" And returned, already welcome in the house, with a knife in his pocket and mayhem in his plans? Would his presence have been mentioned in the 10pm phone call if he were in the house with the family?

The photos caught me: such a beautiful young family, so happy looking. It's truly tragic and deserves to be solved, even if it is too late for the criminal to be punished. --ken (Oh, and I WILL certainly listen to the podcasts, though like many have said, I much prefer to read details rather than to hear them.)
Thanks for your ideas, AC4RD! The answers to your questions will be found in the pages of this thread. But to summarise:

*NOBODY knows exactly how the killer entered the house. Not even the Tokyo MPD. It's a puzzle to this day. The window seems like the least likely to the casual observer, however. The front door would require Mikio to have let him upstairs given the sequence of murders. Again, seems unlikely. Yet nothing is ever mentioned about the 2nd floor window at the front of the house (above the garage). I have no idea why to this day. It seems like a strong possibility given that Rei was the first to die and that window would lead into his bedroom.

*The sand actually ISN'T certain. Even the ex-chief leading this case couldn't tell me (or wouldn't tell me) where the story about the Californian sand came from. What IS certain is that the TMPD COULD confirm its origin from within a mile. This is according to Lorna Dawson who features on my Miyazawa mystery podcast -- FACELESS. She features and explains the science behind it. But to put it simply, if the police wanted to, they could work out exactly whether the sand was Japanese or from the Mojave Desert.

*As for your scenario with the killer having seen the family while shopping. Anything is possible, yes. I do think the killer must have seen them at some point. But as for them having met that day, made friends, and then being invited back home for dinner? I find that almost impossible to imagine. I'm no expert in Japanese culture but an impromptu dinner invite, the day before NYE (a big holiday over there) -- I just don't buy that scenario. Particularly given that we know the killer entered the home at some point after 10:40pm ish, if we accept that Mikio wouldn't have been checking his password-protected work email while entertaining a new guest. Also, Niina was ill that day and we know that she was upstairs in bed with her mother from about 10pm onwards.

*Finally, re: the CCTV video of the man buying the knife. This was confirmed to me recently to be a red herring. Though it took the police 20 years to find him, in the end that man purchasing the knife was NOT the killer.

Still reading and finding out as much as possible and just want to ask about the garage.

I know it was ruled out, but what was so evident that it was eliminated as an entry point? exit point?

Does anyone know if it had an electronic or pull up garage door?

What if the perpetrator was waiting at the side of the building waiting for the car to be garaged and slid in undetected hiding underneath the car until all was quiet.

or...

Got in through the garage door, if a pull up style, as it may have been unlocked so the easiest way to enter the main house within seconds.

Not that this will change what happened inside the house - it will just address one question I have right now.

Anyhow, because of a parked vehicle would anyone really have looked or swabbed beneath it for traces of DNA or fibres especially if the window was strongly thought to be the point of entry due to Rei.

I apologise if it has been asked and answered before about the garage.
The killer never entered the garage, as @lexiitoronto says. This is established both in the reporting but also it was confirmed to me by the ex-chief while making the Miyazawa podcast. What IS possible, however, is that the killer may have entered through the window ABOVE it.

Screenshot 2023-07-09 at 21.45.02.png

As I outline in my posts above, I've never understood why this entry method is never discussed.
1) it's not very high and would've been easy to get up there, particularly if the car was parked outside.
2) it's got standing room for him to work the lock and gain entry (assuming it was locked)
3) you can see what I mean in my earlier points about how ridiculous it is to imagine that the four people in the neighbouring house heard NOTHING if any one of the victims screamed / the violent struggle between Mikio and the killer

The killer never entered the garage, as @lexiitoronto says. This is established both in the reporting but also it was confirmed to me by the ex-chief while making the Miyazawa podcast. What IS possible, however, is that the killer may have entered through the window ABOVE it.

View attachment 433690

As I outline in my posts above, I've never understood why this entry method is never discussed.
1) it's not very high and would've been easy to get up there, particularly if the car was parked outside.
2) it's got standing room for him to work the lock and gain entry (assuming it was locked)
3) you can see what I mean in my earlier points about how ridiculous it is to imagine that the four people in the neighbouring house heard NOTHING if any one of the victims screamed / the violent struggle between Mikio and the killer

I agree - makes a difference seeing the garage and what is actually above it as well as the close proximity of everything including both homes from this angle and view of the place.

Easily accessible compared to the other window.

Like you say, surprising it has never been thought of as an entry point.

No disrespect to the police or anything, but I do recall a few cases in which foreign women were attacked during my time there, and of course Japanese, and no matter how these women insisted the assailant was Japanese the police would always argue it was a Foreigner and write this up in their reports.

Point being - sometimes I found the conduct of the police questionable in crime cases when I lived there from time to time.

Am not saying they had anything to do with the murders of this family or tried to cover up anything, but I do wonder if the investigation was done properly and in experienced hands.

Thanks for this photo image as it highlights yet another possibility that may have been overlooked.

Am looking forward to the day when this case is solved!

Can't believe it has been this long - the Miyazawa family deserves justice!

Just thought of something else:

I had a bad ear infection in the first week of January 2001 and was relieved not to go into work because of the snow and dismal weather conditions.

It was the only time I had an ear infection when I lived there.

The murder location is not too far from where I worked which was towards Shibuya coming from the Den-en-toshi line. Just looked it up, but didn't know where it had happened in Tokyo exactly until now.

Could the weather conditions have had any impact on the murder scene whatsoever? External environment?

I'm sure it would have been snowing before the first week of January only I can't vouch for that as my ear infection started around January the 2nd-4th, but I do know when I looked out the window I was so glad to be inside!

Just thought of something else:

I had a bad ear infection in the first week of January 2001 and was relieved not to go into work because of the snow and dismal weather conditions.

It was the only time I had an ear infection when I lived there.

The murder location is not too far from where I worked which was towards Shibuya coming from the Den-en-toshi line. Just looked it up, but didn't know where it had happened in Tokyo exactly until now.

Could the weather conditions have had any impact on the murder scene whatsoever? External environment?

I'm sure it would have been snowing before the first week of January only I can't vouch for that as my ear infection started around January the 2nd-4th, but I do know when I looked out the window I was so glad to be inside!
Ear infections are no joke!

From memory, I think it was an uneventful day in terms of weather. Looking up the archives, I see that it was 45f / 7C that day, mostly cloudy, winds between 10-13mph. Nothing particularly out of the ordinary?

Hi all,

Question on my previous post / the possible person of interest. What would be the best place to look into an individual living on (or with big links to) the State of Texas? I no longer live in the US (and without agreeing a season 2 of the Miyazawa mystery podcast, can't lean on Universal/USG resources).

To be clear, I have nothing solid on which to base a suspicion regarding this person -- only several interesting coincidences. I've reached out to former classmates and teachers but so far had little back. Really, I'd just like to ascertain:

1) is there any kind of history of criminality?
2) has this individual ever returned to Japan after the dates of the murders?
3) have they ever had any links to Edwards AFB / the Mojave region?

Advice welcome!

A couple of ideas

Ancestry.com database

About Fold3

Fold3 trial is free for 1 week

Or Ancestry newspapers also by subscription, but easy to check if they have a free trial

Ear infections are no joke!

From memory, I think it was an uneventful day in terms of weather. Looking up the archives, I see that it was 45f / 7C that day, mostly cloudy, winds between 10-13mph. Nothing particularly out of the ordinary?

Cold weather, but no snow around that time or rain in that location.

Not the same as where I lived.

Doubt I have the wrong year or weather conditions as I moved from that location to be closer to work around mid 2001.

Mind you, where I worked seemed hardly touched by snow as the pavements seemed fine most of the time - it was a busy district.

Thanks for finding this historical weather information out!

You know, someone that can kill innocent children like this monster did, probably wouldn't have cared very much about a number of things let alone the weather.

I was just wondering if it had been snowing (or raining) there at the time, would it have been to his advantage in some way - seems not.

The Broken Knife

The knife that broke when the killer was stabbing Yasuko and Niina:

1: Was this brought into the home by the perpetrator?

I think I read that he did bring it there.

2: Was this particular knife ever traced back to a retail outlet or was it too common for it to be pinned down anywhere?

I just read that there was an unidentified substance found on the perpetrators shoes as well in the garage yet he never stepped inside the garage.

The garage was clarified to me in an earlier post.

Do you know anything about this unidentified substance or is this just another unfounded point made like the pc plug being unplugged when it wasn't?

I also read in some old threads about it possibly being a:

1: Teenager on a rampage that hated females.

2: A skateboarder that was out for revenge against the father over a run in at the park near the house.

3: A disgruntled military soldier with Mental and Psychological issues.

Has anyone ever been able to do a proper criminal profile yet?

Icecream

I think someone made a comment somewhere else, might be in this thread (not sure), that another serial killer used ice cream to deal with his wounds - to stop the bleeding and any swelling I think. He also drank the melted icecream - he didn't use a spoon.

I think it is quite plausible in this situation if a spoon wasn't used.

Shoes

If the perpetrator left his shoes behind - did he have another pair on him or did he take a pair from the house?

1: Was his shoe size ever made public?
2: What size did Mikio Miyazawa wear?

Is it possible the offender wore a shoe size that wasn't his own just to throw off the police and law?

With all the stuff he left behind - some of it is a bit odd really like the hat and bum bag.

Mind you, this case is that too with it still being sadly unsolved.

Icecream

I think someone made a comment somewhere else, might be in this thread (not sure), that another serial killer used ice cream to deal with his wounds - to stop the bleeding and any swelling I think. He also drank the melted icecream - he didn't use a spoon.

I think it is quite plausible in this situation if a spoon wasn't used.

Shoes

If the perpetrator left his shoes behind - did he have another pair on him or did he take a pair from the house?

1: Was his shoe size ever made public?
2: What size did Mikio Miyazawa wear?

Is it possible the offender wore a shoe size that wasn't his own just to throw off the police and law?

With all the stuff he left behind - some of it is a bit odd really like the hat and bum bag.

Mind you, this case is that too with it still being sadly unsolve

Yes the knife was found and was determined to be Sold under the trade name of “Seki Magoroku, Ginju”, a total of 1,500 sashimi knives of this kind were manufactured in Fukui Prefecture in June 2000. They were sold for around 3,500 yen each in 46 outlets in Kanto region.

The culprits shoes were not left at the scene. The specific shoes and size were identified by his shoe prints. According to Nic creator of the Facess Podcast The size measurement isn't exact so the shoe size estimate varies by half a size. The specific size usually stated was only sold in Korea. The size down estimated by others on the police force were also sold in Japan though. My theory is he changed his clothes because they were covered in blood. The shoes he kept on because they were possibly easy to wash off and/or there was not a pair of shoes in the house that he could wear.

With all the evidence left behind I don't think the suspect left any red herrings behind to confuse the police. He did not seem scared at all that even with all the careless evidence left behind that they could be apprehended easily.

Yes the knife was found and was determined to be Sold under the trade name of “Seki Magoroku, Ginju”, a total of 1,500 sashimi knives of this kind were manufactured in Fukui Prefecture in June 2000. They were sold for around 3,500 yen each in 46 outlets in Kanto region.

The culprits shoes were not left at the scene. The specific shoes and size were identified by his shoe prints. According to Nic creator of the Facess Podcast The size measurement isn't exact so the shoe size estimate varies by half a size. The specific size usually stated was only sold in Korea. The size down estimated by others on the police force were also sold in Japan though. My theory is he changed his clothes because they were covered in blood. The shoes he kept on because they were possibly easy to wash off and/or there was not a pair of shoes in the house that he could wear.

With all the evidence left behind I don't think the suspect left any red herrings behind to confuse the police. He did not seem scared at all that even with all the careless evidence left behind that they could be apprehended easily.
Thank you, Mini, for your ideas again. To follow on from Ninja's reply:

Yes, the TMPD identified the knife quickly and tried to track down purchases of it locally. They found one made the day before at a nearby supermarket. For whatever reason, it took them more than 20 years to find this person. This is what fuelled the rumours of there being CCTV. It turns out that, if there ever was CCTV, it was of this individual. The Chief confirmed to me that this man on camera had nothing to do with the murders. So, another dead end.

The killer indeed brought the sushi knife with him and when it broke switched to the family's carving knife.

RE: unidentified substances in the killer's hip bag or clothes. There are conflicting reports. You can find the actual TMPD information appeal here where they list the information they have released to the public:

*Robbery and Quadruple Murder of a Family in Kami-soshigaya 3-chome(上祖師谷三丁目一家4人強盗殺人事件) 警視庁

*https://www.keishicho.metro.tokyo.lg.jp/multilingual/english/safe_society/wanted/seijo.files/eng.pdf

Not much relating to sand or substances. Some have suggested a kind of 'glassy' substance was found relating to grip tape on skateboards. Others say there was theatrical paint like you would find in theatres. Others say leaves or traces of bird droppings. I wouldn't be confident enough to rely on any of that. Seeing as the killer didn't leave his shoes at the scene and foot print evidence (in blood) is not an exact science, I'm not sure how anyone could know how an unidentified substance was found on his shoes. The TMPD say nothing of this, at any rate.

RE: the killer being a teenager on a rampage the hated females. The police seem to think he was young, between 15-25, I believe. So that's a solid guess. However, did he hate females? It's guess-work. He killed two males and two females. Then again, he displayed the most raw violence against Yasuko. Was this due to her gender? Again, we don't know. It's also possible that it was simply that he knew all threats were removed by that point in the sequence of murders so he was free to let go. As for rampage, I don't buy it. The most wanted fugitive in Japan and yet none of his other rampage crimes turn up before or after? That just doesn't make sense.

RE: the killer being a skateboarder. This is covered at length in the podcast. Basically, the link only really exists because of the proximity of the skatepark and the unverified possibility of the grip tape in his bag. I can tell you the TMPD worked this angle very hard. They really went after skaters. But it's been two decades and nothing. It seems unlikely to me that a guy who would move in a closed circle like skaters would be completely unknown to them and that in 22 years not one person would come forward. I think it's more likely he moved alone.

RE: a disgruntled solider with mental issues. It's as good a guess as any. My preferred theory is that he is the son of a USAF member at the nearby Yokota US air base or that he's simply dead. But there is zero in the crime scene that suggests any kind of military training. As for his mental state, again, total speculation. The fact he stayed so long at the crime scene suggests a disconnect with reality. But then his actions after the murder are mostly logical -- he patches himself up, doesn't seem to panic, seems to be looking for something. If he knew or thought he got away it, maybe it made more sense to stay there seeing as he was hurt. Still, we don't actually definitively know how long he stayed in the house beyond a 1-2 hour window. Put simply, he slaughtered an entire family, so he's unlikely to be Mr. Normality. But without knowing his reasons it's impossible to say.

RE: a profile, there was an Asahi TV documentary with an FBI profiler who said he believes the killer acted out of resentment. Ann Irie promptly sued the channel and the documentary went away. Some have said copies are still out there. I actually spoke to the profiler in question and he was super cagey about the whole thing. A few podcasts go into the killer's likely mental state, who he is, so forth. Frankly, I call BS. We know his actions but not his motivation. There isn't even a reasonable guess to his motivations. The Chief assured me nothing sexual happened in the house. And the only thing taken from the house was a small amount of money (though the killer left a substantial amount of money on the desk by the computer he used, which he must have seen). Certainly, the profilers I spoke to in the making of the podcast were reticent to start making guesses.

RE: the ice cream. His saliva was found on the container and the police worked out he ate it with one hand (by squeezing it out) due to the injury on the other. I don't understand why he would bother with ice cream on his wound when he used the family's first aid kit / Yasuko's sanitary pads.

As Ninja said, the killer used his own shoes. I assume he was a different size to Mikio. We don't know what size Mikio was but it's reasonable to conclude they didn't match seeing as the killer took other items of clothing (though not on the lower half of the body). This, I presume, was due to the fact that the killer's white shirt was completely covered in blood. His jacket too, possibly. I don't think the killer would go to the trouble of trying to 'throw off' the police when he was leaving his own blood, excrement, clothes, and murder weapon behind. As for what he wore being odd. I mean on the one hand it was winter and it was cold. The only thing that strikes me as a little strange is the hip bag. But then again, if he used it for books and pens (as the TMPD believe he did), then maybe not. Still, there was no class at that time of year. So, it's almost certain he brought it with him for the knife. But yes, this case is odd from start to finish!

For anyone with questions in this case, I really encourage you to check each link on the Tokyo MPD case file page:

Robbery and Quadruple Murder of a Family in Kami-soshigaya 3-chome(上祖師谷三丁目一家4人強盗殺人事件) 警視庁

This is the ONLY information that is officially known to the public. You'll note the absence of DNA information and sand. But they go as far as reminding us what was on TV that night in case it jogs a memory. Anyway, if you've heard a theory or detail that sits outside of this link, then it's probably rumour. (Or it's true and the TMPD are keeping it back).

I would be interested to hear from law enforcement members with experience in long-cold cases like this. Would there still be a benefit in keeping details back after 20+ years? The killer would surely know he's one of Japan's most wanted criminals and there's all manner of genetic evidence at the crime scene. Why would the TMPD not release as much information as possible at this point?

For anyone with questions in this case, I really encourage you to check each link on the Tokyo MPD case file page:

Robbery and Quadruple Murder of a Family in Kami-soshigaya 3-chome(上祖師谷三丁目一家4人強盗殺人事件) 警視庁

This is the ONLY information that is officially known to the public. You'll note the absence of DNA information and sand. But they go as far as reminding us what was on TV that night in case it jogs a memory. Anyway, if you've heard a theory or detail that sits outside of this link, then it's probably rumour. (Or it's true and the TMPD are keeping it back).

I would be interested to hear from law enforcement members with experience in long-cold cases like this. Would there still be a benefit in keeping details back after 20+ years? The killer would surely know he's one of Japan's most wanted criminals and there's all manner of genetic evidence at the crime scene. Why would the TMPD not release as much information as possible at this point?

Thanks for this - sometimes when reading I click on links that sometimes lead to other threads and then there is a lot more reading and not always the correct information. Mind you, some of the threads are old and perhaps not updated with what has been provided through the police and media.

Thanks!!!

I like it when things are clarified or at least made clear as well as facts.

The Sweat Shirt

Just been reading through the links provided.

Only 10 of those sweat shirts (purple) were sold in the Tokyo area yet they had trouble finding 9 out of those 10 buyers.

Doubt whether there would have been many, if any, security cameras back then - would have likely made a difference.

They don't mention how many of those sweatshirts were available nationwide.

Aerial 1 and Aerial 2 Shots

Is that a rail or tram track near the house or a walkway? Other?

Items Left Behind

Seeing how those clothes left behind would have been worn doesn't put a face to the killer, but at least some assemblance of his body build. Not sure about the height based on the shoe size, however.

Anyhow, thanks for answering all my questions and putting me straight with the information I did have wrong, facts are so much better than heresay.

If only the DNA profile could be sent to a Genealogical database.

That reminds me - last year I read about a teenage boy that solved a well known cold case - he has actually solved a number of cold cases in the USA now. He isn't a teenager anymore though - a bit older.

Eric Schubert

Maybe look into him as he is based in the USA and seems to be very good at what he does.

Eric Schubert is a good idea, except that I think the real problem here is the databases. He is good at data interpretation, but you have to have the data first. Many peoples, especially ones in East Asian countries, simply don't have a need to go searching for ancestry. They're whole culture is based on the cult of the ancestors, so it's been passed down. Also, they tend to be very homogeneous, ancestry-wise, as compared to Europeans and, especially, Americans, who are mostly a blend of every ethnic group known to man. Perhaps DNA will help, but I put more stock in finding an answer through tip-kind of evidence. Either way, I hope this guy is found!

Eric Schubert is a good idea, except that I think the real problem here is the databases. He is good at data interpretation, but you have to have the data first. Many peoples, especially ones in East Asian countries, simply don't have a need to go searching for ancestry. They're whole culture is based on the cult of the ancestors, so it's been passed down. Also, they tend to be very homogeneous, ancestry-wise, as compared to Europeans and, especially, Americans, who are mostly a blend of every ethnic group known to man. Perhaps DNA will help, but I put more stock in finding an answer through tip-kind of evidence. Either way, I hope this guy is found!

The perpetrator is half European and half Asian from what I have read (could be wrong) - it is about time Japan did something! I still cannot wrap my head around 250,000 police officers and investigators being on this case between 2000 up to now, and it still remains unsolved.

A shift needs to happen - don't see anyone tipping anyone off unfortunately.

The perpetrator is half European and half Asian from what I have read (could be wrong) - it is about time Japan did something! I still cannot wrap my head around 250,000 police officers and investigators being on this case between 2000 up to now, and it still remains unsolved.

A shift needs to happen - don't see anyone tipping anyone off unfortunately.
Yes, it’s very frustrating!

I know that what I typed is nothing new to anyone. Just thinking out loud, really.

Also, on the part European front, it’s true, perhaps that could help. Perhaps it will help!

Yes, it’s very frustrating!

I know that what I typed is nothing new to anyone. Just thinking out loud, really.

Also, on the part European front, it’s true, perhaps that could help. Perhaps it will help!

Frustrating - true! And especially when children are involved.

Sometimes thinking out loud does good.

Let's see...

What is for certain is this is a disorganised serial killer - there is a possibility that it was a one off incident and quite random.

He is obviously inexperienced and therefore not a seasoned murderer. It is likely this may have been his first time because of how brutal and bloody the crime scene was plus his choice of weapon wasn't exactly ideal for the job and the victims died in different ways although mainly by being stabbed (three).

If he was organised and a seasoned killer he would have likely had them all tied up, possibly seperated and would have taken his time killing them and he wouldn't have left any DNA evidence or items.

That's just my thoughts.

This is what I'd like to know:

Did the police pay close attention to who may have have stood outside watching when they were collecting evidence in the first few days to weeks?

Probably not, but who knows.

I believe there is a chance he would have returned and blended himself into a crowd or watched from a distance to see what was going on.

Age group?
Need to think on it.

Employed or Unemployed?
Need to think on it.

Not very fashionable perhaps.

What do others think about him?

Last edited:
Friday is correct, there just isn't the same casual DNA investigation/ancestry.com type of culture in Japan as you might find in the USA or Europe. But beyond that, the only place the killer's DNA can be found is with the Tokyo MPD. They refused to speak to me or anybody at Universal in the making of the podcast. They did not contact US law enforcement in the towns around Edwards Air Force Base -- this was told to me directly. So, all of that to say, the TMPD simply will not give Eric Schubert (or anyone outside of their own agency) access to the killer's DNA. And yet, the TMPD is limited by a lack of legal framework re: DNA in Japan. I wish it was not this way, I hope I'm wrong about it and they seek outside assistance. I do not have a great deal of faith, though.

RE: the killer being half-European. This is actually highly-unlikely. Mito DNA shows that his mother's bloodline goes back to Europe / the Mediterranean. But that could be 700 years ago. So that's the root of the misunderstanding. There is a *possibility* but I don't think it's probable. Even the police knew that him being 'half-European' was unlikely and they asked Wikipedia to take that detail down. Wikipedia demanded a court order. The TMPD says nothing about it on their case file on their website as you can see. So a lot of people reading about this case have latched on to the idea that the killer was mixed-race. It's just as likely (if not more) that the killer looks fully Japanese. Some possibility that he's from Korean parents, or similar, but then there are many people with this genetic make up that are born in Japan.

RE: the killer being organised or disorganised, I would tend to agree with you. Although the experts I spoke to in the making of the podcast rejected the idea of putting killers into these two separate buckets. Either way, I think it's quite possible he HAD a plan but then things went wrong quite quickly. Or put another way, he had an idea or perhaps dream of the crime. And the reality didn't match up to it and he had to improvise. Definitely agree this was his first series of murders and if he killed anyone else he definitely didn't do it in Japan (highly unlikely anyway).

I don't think the murders were random, though. I think he picked them. That's just a feeling I've got. Whether or not he actually *knew* them is a different matter. Maybe it's not even personal, it's just what they *represented* to him. But if you were to randomly pick a house to break into, why pick a family home with the lights on, which is not easy to get into. I think the family car was parked outside, too. The killer would have had to have been pretty dumb to expect a lone female to be in the house or some such.

RE: what the police focused on, it's an interesting thought. I have no idea if they looked at the crowd or the on-lookers. I do know they were aggressively fingerprinting (as we cover in the podcast, they didn't exactly ask for consent in this process) so it wouldn't surprise me if they paid attention to neighbours / people watching. My feeling is that the killer got away and never came back. Then again, risk-taking seems to form part of his MO, so who knows.

RE: the killer's age. The TMPD are adamant the killer was young on the night of his murders based on his proportions and clothes, seemingly. Also, the fact that the killer had highlighter pens in his hip bag at one point. I actually think this is BS but maybe they have knowledge I don't. My own father owns a Uniqlo jacket and has highlighters in his bag and he's in his 60s. I don't see how they can be sure?

RE: the killer's employment or lack their of. The TMPD thought he was a student. The killings happened during the holiday. It was a Saturday too, I think. Some of his clothes were brand new and expensive for 23 years ago. That suggests he had access to money in some way or another...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member