Found Deceased JAPAN - Trevor Balint, 34, from Hubbard, Ohio, missing from Yokota Air Base, 1 Feb 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If she never checked his room before she left for work it doesn't reveal anything more reliable about when he went missing.

But it raises more questions about the timeline of when BB realised TB was missing. Lunch time or evening?

Previously it was when she finished work and saw a message that someone had found his wallet. She then went to the vacant townhome and it was Monday evening, starting to get dark.

I'm finding it hard to reconcile why the story is changing, and why greater clarity isn't possible. Like times, instead of reference to getting dark and cold. Surely you check the time if your spouse is missing and you're trying to work out where they might be.

MOO

Here’s my idea on how to reconcile the lunchtime and getting dark timeline issue: Maybe she thought he simply accidentally dropped his wallet, at first (lunchtime discovery ), so didn’t think he was missing, at that point. Probably messaged him about it, didn’t get a reply, then tried calling him—no answer. Tried looking around for him, no luck. So, by evening she finally thought to talk to the wallet-finder and look at the spot it was located. That’s when she knew something’s wrong. JMO

If she never checked his room before she left for work it doesn't reveal anything more reliable about when he went missing.

But it raises more questions about the timeline of when BB realised TB was missing. Lunch time or evening?

Previously it was when she finished work and saw a message that someone had found his wallet. She then went to the vacant townhome and it was Monday evening, starting to get dark.

I'm finding it hard to reconcile why the story is changing, and why greater clarity isn't possible. Like times, instead of reference to getting dark and cold. Surely you check the time if your spouse is missing and you're trying to work out where they might be.

MOO

Agreed. I too am getting increasingly uncomfortable with this (and I’m surprised to be) after reading more recent updates on the Finding Trevor FB page (which I assume is ok to refer to here because it is the official search discussion page set up by his wife?)

IMO, we take it as a given that his wife is incredibly smart - after all, she is reportedly a DoD analyst with multiple prior postings and, as somebody else suggested here, that probably means SIGINT (signals intelligence).

There are comments by the page admin in first person, and others which are not, suggesting the admin role is being shared between her and someone helping her (that’s not unusual).

In the past day, comments clearly coming from her as page admin now reveal she wishes she had put her anger aside that night and had done many things differently (very minor paraphrasing by me). That’s new info - they weren’t just drinking wine on the Sun night, they must’ve had a heated argument too? She saw him come home after midnight but didn’t speak to him apparently, which always seemed odd to me.

Then the new (and quite major) piece of information comes to light from her regarding the door being unlocked at 12:40pm Mon when she returned home for lunch, after she had locked it (98% sure) at 6:20am in the morning. Why are we only learning now that she went home for lunch? This works to place him at home until at least after 6:20am, so his disappearance is more likely to have occurred in the daylight morning hours of Monday 1 Feb if this new information is to be believed.

The reason I start out above by pointing out that his wife is likely a very smart person (as is Trevor by all accounts) is because I find it difficult to now reconcile how very basic facts can be so unclear and how major new information can only just be emerging. Is she feeling guilty that her supposed “silent treatment” from midnight onwards, and not sticking her head into his room before leaving for work at 6:20am, might have caused him to walk out that morning with the intention of not returning? Or is this all a smokescreen?

The page admin/s are also enthusiastically taking suggestions to contact US based YouTubers etc to do videos on his disappearance - how on earth does this help Japanese speaking locals in the wider Tokyo area learn about Trevor’s disappearance and come forward with information? He’s not going to be found as a result of a podcaster in Arizona. It is odd to see people in their own base bubble worried about plugging this to a US/YouTube audience instead of pushing for an intensive local effort utilizing Japanese social media and Tokyo news media channels in the very country that he’s presumably lost in. Unless they believe he has (somehow??) left the country.

It’s getting odd.

Last edited:
The phone is worrying. A re-set so that it's tricky retrieving messages and searches. Left in place so it cannot be tracked.

At best I hope T has gone on a solo journey for some time out.

At worst it could be sinister, and organised.

The location seems like a rendezvous. If you want to have a secret drink, you can do that in your own home while your wife is at work. If you want to meet a friend and have nothing to hide, you can have them over. If you want to do a disappearing act, you can just leave your own home.

If you want a clandestine meeting, you arrange it in a deserted place where you might not be seen. Or if someone doesnt want to be seen at your location, they arrange to meet elsewhere.

I dont think I'm 100% certain that B actually saw him at 6.30am. Is it possible he came in at 1.30am and went out again, and that she assumed he was sleeping?

Final disjointed rambling from me, if it was normal for them to lock the door when they went out (she is "98%" sure she did that morning), why when she got home at lunchtime was the door unlocked?

Yokota Air Base has just posted a statement on their official FB page indicating that “a valued member of the Yokota family has been declared deceased this afternoon” and “the exact cause of death is under investigation”.
:(

Last edited:
Official Yokota AFB website news section:

Yokota Member Pronounced Dead > Yokota Air Base > Article Display

YOKOTA AIR BASE, Japan --

An individual was found unresponsive on Yokota Air Base, Feb. 16, 2021.

The individual was pronounced dead by medical personnel who arrived on scene.

The identity of the individual will be withheld until 24 hours after next of kin notification.

The cause of death and the circumstances of this incident are currently under investigation.

More information will be released when available.

Last edited:
For those unable to access the short article -

Balint’s mother-in-law, Denise Mott, said investigators found his body in his own apartment tower, even though she said she was told they searched that area twice.

The family is meeting with investigators Wednesday in the hopes of learning more.

Body of missing Hubbard man Trevor Balint found near Japan airbase

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SouthEnd
Back