Jared Leisek of Adventures With Purpose charged with child rape

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
AWP just announced (on their yt channel) an imminent 2023 40-day road trip to work on 20 missing person cases with a new team, but with JL "stepping back". Knowing that the previous crew unanimously quit over JL's legal issues, it's (IMO) surprising that he was able to recruit new employees at this point.
I think he means stepping back in and he says as team leader. I actually am not surprised he found a new team already. And it looks like he still has alot of supporters too. I thought the whole thing was over but I guess not!

Wow, he's just stepping back in like nothing happened! I hope this doesn't get swept under the rug. The people commenting on his FB post are really guzzling his Kool aid.
Sure looks to me like it's already been swept, as AWP has limited who can comment on the "come back" video.

I guess a pesky little case of child rape doesn't really matter to all the "supporters".

AWP just announced (on their yt channel) an imminent 2023 40-day road trip to work on 20 missing person cases with a new team, but with JL "stepping back". Knowing that the previous crew unanimously quit over JL's legal issues, it's (IMO) surprising that he was able to recruit new employees at this point.
Can you please share the direct link to this vid? On their channel, the most recent video upload I'm seeing is from 6 days ago.

Thanks for the link.

I'm trying to make this make sense. This guy was charged with rape of a child and yet... look at all the supportive, encouraging comments. HOW? Are these folks excusing it all away because it was 30 years ago? What if it was their 9 year old kid that he victimized? Would they still be supportive or would 30 years ago matter?

This guy was charged with rape of a child and yet... how does that work with his organization supposedly working alongside LE to bring missing loved ones home? If I had a loved one missing, would I want this guy anywhere near my case? Oh heck no. I'd want an organization with a SQUEAKY clean reputation that folks respect and admire, and have zero issues with. Not some creepy, scandal ridden junk that would most certainly take the attention off my case and onto the scummy guy running the "search" operation.

Planning a 40 day, 20 cases road trip means dealing with multiple jurisdictions, multiple LE, and all these different LE agencies are just going to hang out the welcome sign to an organization run by a man with charges of rape of a child?

Someone, make this make sense.

A motion to dismiss the rape case against Adventures with Purpose founder Jared Leisek was filed in Utah court this week, but his lawyer’s arguments were sealed.
Leisek’s lawyer, Randall Richards, implored the court in Monday’s filing to drop the charges, but his supporting arguments weren’t available to the public, although it’s not clear why.
[SBM for focus]
I am curious why his arguments in support of the Motion to dismiss are sealed?

Thanks for the link.

I'm trying to make this make sense. This guy was charged with rape of a child and yet... look at all the supportive, encouraging comments. HOW? Are these folks excusing it all away because it was 30 years ago? What if it was their 9 year old kid that he victimized? Would they still be supportive or would 30 years ago matter?

This guy was charged with rape of a child and yet... how does that work with his organization supposedly working alongside LE to bring missing loved ones home? If I had a loved one missing, would I want this guy anywhere near my case? Oh heck no. I'd want an organization with a SQUEAKY clean reputation that folks respect and admire, and have zero issues with. Not some creepy, scandal ridden junk that would most certainly take the attention off my case and onto the scummy guy running the "search" operation.

Planning a 40 day, 20 cases road trip means dealing with multiple jurisdictions, multiple LE, and all these different LE agencies are just going to hang out the welcome sign to an organization run by a man with charges of rape of a child?

Are you on Facebook?. Jared's sister has something to say.

Thanks for the link.

It's sickening! What is wrong with those people supporting him?? He admitted to doing it in an email, FFS!

I spent over two weeks digging into his past. There is a pattern of financial misdeeds and possibly fraud, as well as criminal convictions for fraud and deceit. The problem is, I don’t know what to do with it. I reached out to 5 different YouTubers from various genres who have a solid reputation for not sensationalizing and providing facts. They wouldn’t touch it. One told me “We were all duped. Just let it go and move on.” I reached out to a couple journalists I trust and no response either.

I spent over two weeks digging into his past. There is a pattern of financial misdeeds and possibly fraud, as well as criminal convictions for fraud and deceit. The problem is, I don’t know what to do with it. I reached out to 5 different YouTubers from various genres who have a solid reputation for not sensationalizing and providing facts. They wouldn’t touch it. One told me “We were all duped. Just let it go and move on.” I reached out to a couple journalists I trust and no response either.
Yes, Jared and his brother's misdeeds re. fraud or stock market have been reported on in the past, I believe. I notice not many mainstream reporters are doing articles on Jared's most recent LE matter, although a few are.

Last edited:
I'd sure like some clarity on this. Duped by whom, exactly, and how, exactly?

Why is this seemingly NOT newsworthy?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Loislooking
Back