Jason Wishert Has Threatened My Family.

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Sorry to admit I am uninformed on this, but may I ask:

Do we know where this person was the day Kyron went missing?

ETA: Because, with the degree of anger and capability he has expressed, I just wonder if Terri's reported seething anger toward Kaine was ever mentioned to him. "Just ask yourself, based on what you have read online, if he is CAPABLE". :eek:

In other words, the same place that the writer of JonBenet's ransom note came up with their odd figure.

The odd writing is a strange similarity. Jason was about 27 years old in 1996.....if he was really 37 in 2006. Weird...

He could always just change the spelling of his name.

Not if he already did that a couple of years ago... you can only spell a name so many ways. Since his name being spelled both ways in various places I have wondered if this spelling is a more recent change. There are definitely some people with another spelling who he would not want to be connected to.

Tricia...

I also didn't remember for sure who he was and had to double check.

Although this is absolutely disturbing... I am encouraged by the simple fact that he did threaten...allowing you to take precautions. Most people don't do that when they actually intend to do something.

Problem is that here we also have alarming and bizarre as well. So I'm not really sure which way to go with this guy.

"What we’ve learned through research and experience has helped debunk some tenacious myths, including the myth that people who threaten public figures are the ones most likely to harm them.

In fact, direct threats are not a reliable pre-incident indicator of public figure attack, as demonstrated by this reality: Not one successful public figure attacker in the history of the media age has directly threatened his victim first.

Communications that are alarming, bizarre or otherwise inappropriate are actually more significant than those containing direct threats."

https://www.gavindebecker.com/our_services/view/threat_assessment_and_management/

If you don't already have The Gift of Fear you need to get it, everyone does. I would offer to send you one of my extra copies... but I'm going to guess that now isn't a good time to be sending you packages! :innocent:

The Gift of Fear

Dear Tricia,

I think if you delete the last name Wishert, it will go a long way. We all know who Jason is. This will show you showed due cause in his request.

All the best, and big hugs,

Mel

I urge you not to let it come to this and act immediately to remove my name and all references to my family from all your websites and I will go away and nothing will happen to you or your family that is on par with what you have done to my family.
I respectfully urge you to give this matter the attention it deserves
Wow Tricia...disturbing. Sorry you have to deal with the likes of this kind of misdirected and unbalanced sort. Being that is my opinion of him though...I do hope you take all steps available to you to both protect yourself (and family)..and to have this guy evaluated. He needs a serious intervention...legal and mental, JMO!

Tricia,
I think the best thing might be to close this thread rather than give him the extra attention that he is looking for. JMO

Considering he did the exact same thing to another girl (who was unfortunately not savvy enough to realize he did not have a leg to stand on) who actually did all the things he asked, including taking down her website and issuing a public apology to Jason, I believe it's him.

If she had any doubts about it, she could write to him at his company website and ask. I'm quite sure it's the correct person, though.

Now that really is sad.

The only cure for blackmailers/extortionists is to shine a spotlight on them. Like cockroaches, they thrive in the dark. I think Tricia putting his letters up for public inspection was absolutely the correct thing to do. Take away the secrecy and darkness and a blackmailer/extortionist is revealed as the powerless person they really are.

Besides, it's kinda fun to watch them run when the light hits them.

Tricia,
I think the best thing might be to close this thread rather than give him the extra attention that he is looking for. JMO

While only time will tell, I most respectfully do not agree with this. I think keeping it VERY public, and therefore WATCHED by the eyes of the world, will lessen the likelihood of something baaad happening to Tricia and her family.

I was given this advice years ago by LE following a threat against my life by a personality disordered individual. If I had not given details in a public court of law, with witnesses, during the hearing for a restraining order, I do not think I would be alive today. This person knew forever after that all her friends, family, and coworkers would be keeping a close watch on her, in addition to LE. If she showed up at my door or place of work, or even sat in her car in the parking lot, it would have been a crime and she would have been locked up, no questions asked.

I agree that Tricia should have a restraining order placed. That way LE can respond immediately, no questions asked and no reasons accepted, if he ever shows up ANYWHERE near her or her family.

OK It gets even stranger.

I went to my mailbox place today and found a registered letter from him.

It has been almost 3 weeks since I went to pick up my mail. I keep hoping the magic Bill Fairy will make my bills disappear if I want long enough. ANYWAY . . . There was the same letter from him that I received at my old address except this one was registered AND it had a copy of an article about the college students who laid down in protest about that gay man who killed himself because his college roommate secretly filmed him having sex.

It is very apparent that Mr. Wishert is trying to compare that terrible and horrific case of cyber bullying to what happened to him on the Internet.

I want to point out something. Look at my first post in this thread. I was very nice to Mr. Wishert and gave him the opportunity to address his critics. He didn't need join Websleuths. As I stated in my email he could write a rebuttal and I would have gladly put it up. Instead he dedicated to threaten me.

Tomorrow, Monday, should be interesting.

Tricia

BBM

Tricia, I think that could be a veiled reference to committing suicide due to his perception of how he has been treated. I believe that the theory of it being a veiled suicide threat has some credibility, considering the overwrought quality of Mr Wishert's communications with you.

I'm certain that Oregon has some sort of psychiatric evaluation law that is used to attempt to help people who may be a threat to themselves (or others).

I'm certain that LE in Oregon would be very familiar with the procedures for a psychiatric evaluation.

BBM

Tricia, I think that could be a veiled reference to committing suicide due to his perception of how he has been treated. I believe that the theory of it being a veiled suicide threat has some credibility, considering the overwrought quality of Mr Wishert's communications with you.

I'm certain that Oregon has some sort of psychiatric evaluation law that is used to attempt to help people who may be a threat to themselves (or others).

I'm certain that LE in Oregon would be very familiar with the procedures for a psychiatric evaluation.

I agree. The inclusion of that newspaper clipping did sound like a veiled suicide threat. So, I would be concerned about this man's potential for suicide, as well as the threats made against you and your family. If it were me, I'd look to law enforcement for immediate guidance on both issues.

BBM

I decided to remove everything I've just said except for this: If any of you think he's actually suicidal, please call the authorities in his area. They can sort it out.

BBM

Indeed. I hope a caring family member of Jason's is reading this thread and will accept the responsibility to get Jason some help. He is exhibiting a few warning signs for suicide and his recent humiliation (which he initiated all over the internet) might trigger an attempt.

Did he send his threats to any other websites?

I sent an email to MCSO regarding a possible threat of suicide and referred to the thread here. Rather than speculate if it's a cry for help or melodrama I figured the best thing to do is make LE aware of it.

I finally found that the letter is printed here in the thread.Thank you. I am really upset now that I have read the whole letter. It scares me. I feel his threats are to be taken serious. I do not feel he wants to take his life though. I feel he wants to put himself in the middle of the case and scare Trish.

I think the comparison to the cyberbullying is just what it is, a comparsion. He feels WS has cyberbullied him. I don't see a threat in his behavior toward himself at all. I have known a few people who have taken their own lives but do not see the indications here with this person.

I find this letter very sick and this person in need of help quickly. I was very disturbed when I read it and how he blames Trish directly. There is something deeply wrong here.

He seems to be going to other forums too which makes me feel he may not be as much as a threat as a bully though.

Trish, I hope this gets resolved quickly as I stated before.
God Bless
Goz

I sent an email to MCSO regarding a possible threat of suicide and referred to the thread here. Rather than speculate if it's a cry for help or melodrama I figured the best thing to do is make LE aware of it.

Good move. I contacted LE once when a kid threatened suicide over the internet. Luckily I knew the name of his town. They sent officers to his home.

A couple of officers showing up at his door might help him face the reality of the situation he has created. My vote is for melodrama, but it is not my call. Maybe some experts can deal with him.

Excellent move. LE should know what to do. And someone needs to talk with him in person to decide what's what. We sure can't do that over the internet.

Tricia also needs to protect herself at the same time. Things can escalate; their direction can change from outward to inward. Too volatile to take it at face value.

Good move. I contacted LE once when a kid threatened suicide over the internet. Luckily I knew the name of his town. They sent officers to his home.

A couple of officers showing up at his door might help him face the reality of the situation he has created. My vote is for melodrama, but it is not my call. Maybe some experts can deal with him.

Exactly why I did it.

While only time will tell, I most respectfully do not agree with this. I think keeping it VERY public, and therefore WATCHED by the eyes of the world, will lessen the likelihood of something baaad happening to Tricia and her family.

I was given this advice years ago by LE following a threat against my life by a personality disordered individual. If I had not given details in a public court of law, with witnesses, during the hearing for a restraining order, I do not think I would be alive today. This person knew forever after that all her friends, family, and coworkers would be keeping a close watch on her, in addition to LE. If she showed up at my door or place of work, or even sat in her car in the parking lot, it would have been a crime and she would have been locked up, no questions asked.

I agree that Tricia should have a restraining order placed. That way LE can respond immediately, no questions asked and no reasons accepted, if he ever shows up ANYWHERE near her or her family.

I think you misunderstood me. As I said in a previous post, I agree that she should take every legal recourse available to her but to keep talking about him here is just giving him the attention that he is craving. Why give him what he wants? That's all I'm saying!

I'm saddened the other sites are apparently not backing you up though. :(
We all stand behind you Tricia. This site out of all of them has been the most kind to Mr. Wishert...the irony is astounding.

It's no surprise that other sites won't back Websleuths up. I'm sure there are some sites out there who are thrilled at the thought of me having to deal with anything that resembles trouble.

Although there are some people on a few sites who have offered to help me and I will never forget their kindness.

Best of all I know I can count on you guys. You are the BEST. I am so thrilled with how hard you all work and how you have made Websleuths into the top forum it is today.

Everyone, please forgive me. I flew into today on a very early flight and my mind is not making the proper connections. I tried to re-read some of my posts from earlier and I was writing words that had nothing to do with what I was trying to say. LOL. Fogive me. I'm going to go nap for a few hours and hopefully be back to where I can talk, type, and think all at the same time and make it work. LOL

Love,
Tricia

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member