Jason Wishert Has Threatened My Family.

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Tricia,
I think the best thing might be to close this thread rather than give him the extra attention that he is looking for. JMO

Normally I would agree with you. In fact normally you would never know about this threat for the reason you state. I do not want to give anyone the attention they so crave. BUT, this is different. I need to shine a bright light on him since he threatened my family. Had he not done that you would not have heard of him in this context.

OK, off to bed.

Goodnight.

Tricia

He sent threats of harm and requests for extortion money REGISTERED MAIL?

this was not a well thought out plan.

Correct me if I am wrong everyone, but I feel threatened! I can only image how unhinged and threatening that letter read to Tricia!

Alot of us here at Websleuths consider it a family and Tricia is the head of that family. So I perceived it as a threat to MY family.

I didn't even recall who this not stable seeming person was until I went and binged him. I am glad Tricia is taking this person seriously.

I am also left to wonder what his 50 million dollar family thought about his coming out of osbcurity to discuss DeDe and more imortantly, what they think about his actions right now.

This whole drama he's created reads to me as very attention seeking but more importantly, very stalkerish. He seems to be obsessed with Tricia more so than other forums that have allowed actually inflamatory comments than any found here on Websleuths even pre-editting.

So his concern is not libel but for some reason he has fixated on Tricia and Websleuths as those who have "wronged" him. That to me is scary. Stalkers do that - have some random minor contact with someone or something and then begin to develop a "relationship" with them or it in their own demented minds.

To recap, guy's not right in the head. Tricia is very right in taking his threats seriously.

Tricia,

As a fellow large and active forum owner (mine is focused on geckos, not crime ;-)), I have dealt with similar issues as this one. As I found out from my attorney (and as you also know), we as forum owners are not responsible for the words posted here, rather the members that post them are.

As far as the threats go, I feel like he is just trying to intimidate you into doing what he wants, but when it comes to stuff like that it's better to be safe than sorry, as we all know. I'm glad you are standing your ground and keeping this thread open, however.

I just want to say thank you for running such a great website and providing a much needed outlet. So many forum based sites are poorly run, and you and your staff do an outstanding job. Though I mostly lurk here, I visit and read daily, and your efforts have not gone unnoticed. Keep your chin up, this will pass!

Normally I would agree with you. In fact normally you would never know about this threat for the reason you state. I do not want to give anyone the attention they so crave. BUT, this is different. I need to shine a bright light on him since he threatened my family. Had he not done that you would not have heard of him in this context.

OK, off to bed.

Goodnight.

Tricia

Absolutely IMO, shine the light! It protects you family (most important), but also sheds light on "who" this person is, which secondarily could help other. Hey he brought it on!!! Good for you Tricia and stepping up to the plate as always!

As with another situation recently, Tricia, all good things come to good people! And to Jason, when you do wrong, it comes back to you in one way or another! My suggestion is to jump on the good people band wagon and enjoy the goodness that comes back to you.

He sent threats of harm and requests for extortion money REGISTERED MAIL?

this was not a well thought out plan.

O.K., that made me laugh out loud.

No, this wasn't a well thought out plan. In the least. ROFL.

Best-
Herding Cats

At first I was nervous about bringing this out in the open, but Tricia has had legal advice so that calmed me. Today I have been thinking about other site owners. Perhaps they have gotten the same letters? And maybe they are still upset or scared. And maybe they will contact Tricia and share those things, I don't know. I hope that if they want to fight these kinds of problems together, they will put their differences aside for the moment.

What I do know is that bad deeds seem to grow in the darkness and are more easily dispelled in the light. That is what I'm hoping for by exposing these threats.

I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of what goes around comes around, for good deeds and bad.

At first I was nervous about bringing this out in the open, but Tricia has had legal advice so that calmed me. Today I have been thinking about other site owners. Perhaps they have gotten the same letters? And maybe they are still upset or scared. And maybe they will contact Tricia and share those things, I don't know. I hope that if they want to fight these kinds of problems together, they will put their differences aside for the moment.

What I do know is that bad deeds seem to grow in the darkness and are more easily dispelled in the light. That is what I'm hoping for by exposing these threats.

Don't know how many are involved, but at least one appears to be nursing an old grudge, rather than joining hands. She did say that she had notified MCSO weeks ago about the letter she received. So, at least if everyone does that same, perhaps MCSO will have to look into it. You'd think a common enemy would bring people together, wouldn't you?

First, thank you for providing a thoughtful sleuthing forum. I came to WS (and discovered others) through Ky’s case; I doubt I’ll be a long term follower or contributor. But WS has – without question -- the most articulate and least rumor-mongering contributors of any site I’ve discovered. For that: kudos Tricia.

Furthermore, IMO you are absolutely correct to post and discuss the disturbing letters from JW. If there is *one* site that should be held blameless in whatever character (self) assassination JW has experienced, it’s WS. Let’s face it, LS (a cooperating witness), relatives of LS, people totally unrelated to LS … they all have good reason to be disturbed by some of the postings available elsewhere in cyber-space. JW? He thrust himself into the public eye. And now he’s threatening extortion? TY for standing up to his bullying; and TY, again, for providing a site free of “hosts” who are allegedly in-the-know or mods who condone inappropriate discussion/sleuthing.

You rock!!!

Seven-hundred forty-three THOUSAND dollars.

dr.evil.jpg

Where on earth did he get that figure?

Anyway--it's a shame that this case about Kyron has evolved into this... mess. I hope that Mr. Wishert realizes the futility of his threats and drops his silliness.

So, is he like trying to blackmail or strong arm her here? He sounds like a scary person. That is a strange figure to come up with. Does make one wonder why that amount. Strange indeed. I agree that he has done more harm to himself than any third party could have. Kind of makes one look at him a little harder. Why is he so defensive? It kind of makes me think of the person that says: Look at me! Look at me! Then when you do they say: What are YOU looking at? These are all just my opinions . I do hope that LE takes these threats seriously thou.

What I don't get is other sites taking this dude seriously. Even SM redacted his last name. They didn't delete the posts, only removed his last name.

Odd....

Mel

Wow, how scary. I haven't read up on this whole thread, but I hope you let not just LE where you are know, but Oregon LE know as well. I'm sure they'd be interested in someone from the Kyron case causing a ruckus on the internet. Maybe they'll arrest him and interrogate him, putting the fear in HIM for once. I can't believe he did this, what an [unusual person]. I'm sorry this happened to you, Tricia. I'm praying for you, your family, and all of us!

Pinktoes wrote: "perhaps MCSO will have to look into it. You'd think a common enemy would bring people together, wouldn't you?"

I, respectively, disagree. The web sleuthing community needs to accept we have no influence on the Ky investigation. This pissing match has nothing to do with finding Ky and bringing the guilty party (or parties) to justice. It is a case of a possibly deranged individual making threats unrelated to the main goal of MSCO's investigation.

Pinktoes wrote: "perhaps MCSO will have to look into it. You'd think a common enemy would bring people together, wouldn't you?"

I, respectively, disagree. The web sleuthing community needs to accept we have no influence on the Ky investigation. This pissing match has nothing to do with finding Ky and bringing the guilty party (or parties) to justice. It is a case of a possibly deranged individual making threats unrelated to the main goal of MSCO's investigation.

He's the one who sent the letter to an Oregon newspaper, is an ex-boyfriend of one of the main players already under suspicion, calls himself a child advocate, and put himself in this case. No one asked him to write a letter. He could have remained silent, but he didn't. He invited all of this onto himself. If Oregon LE hasn't looked at him seriously before now, maybe now that he's threatening people, they'll look into him more closely. It doesn't directly have to do with Kyron, but this guy keeps putting a target on his own back. He should shut up and stay out of things instead of just pleading with LE to look into him again.

"It doesn't directly have to do with Kyron, but this guy keeps putting a target on his own back. He should shut up and stay out of things instead of just pleading with LE to look into him again."

BBM

ITA

I think Tricia should protect herself in every way possible, and I'm totally baffled by the way this guy thinks.

He came out into the open himself with no prompting from anyone. He insinuated himself into the case as if he had all this knowledge about DeDe and TH and wrote a rather rambling and bizarre letter (my opinion only) that most of us just dismissed as nothing.

I personally wrote him off as an attention seeker and forgot about him.

I didn't even remember who he was when I saw the name on this thread, so I don't really see how anyone has "ruined" him, except himself now that he is making threats to innocent people. :furious:

I hope the police do contact him again. This guy should get a clue that it is not all about him, but about finding Kyron Horman!

Seven Hundred Forty three thousand dollars???
Strange amount.... what does it represent....

Also if I made 50 million dollars a year I wouldn't worry about employment...

Seven Hundred Forty three thousand dollars???
Strange amount.... what does it represent....

Also if I made 50 million dollars a year I wouldn't worry about employment...

Well, that raises another question....lol

Did he ever actually say that he personally earns ANY income from his family's business, or just that the family business makes 50 million a year?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HollyMcKee
Back