Jason Wishert Has Threatened My Family.

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Any guesses why the odd amount of $743,000? Why not $750,000 or a million?
And he has threatened another forum as well?? Oh, my! He likes living dangerously, then.

maybe he wanted a million and thought the other site could only afford $257,000, lol!

the more I read this thread make me wonder about him. I can't say what I thinking...I don't no more issue with him I sure hope the other site that was sent the same kind of letter or email went to LE too.

Another one trying to make money off a missing child or something else ?

As far as I know the other sites did not go to the police. One of them wrote a big apology to him and posted it.

When that happened I'm sure he felt a lot of power.

What I don't get is why anyone would back down after getting this letter? It is so baseless it's laughable.

Although if you are not use to being threatened then I can see how his letter would intimidate you.

Websleuths works with people whose names are posted here all the time. 99 percent of the time our dealings are very professional and there are no problems.

When we do get a request to remove a name it is usually privacy issues or the fact that a run-away has been found. Things like this.

However in this case to remove everything that was posted about him would have gone against everything Websleuths is about.

Jason made himself a public figure. Now, if you could read what other forums said about him it would curl your hair. Granted we did have some over the top posts about Jason on Websleuths but they have been removed. Not because he requested it but because it was the right thing to do according to our terms of service.

Our Terms of Service agreement is the toughest of any true crime forum I know of. Our rules are the strictest but when you make yourself a public figure by inserting yourself into a case then you will be discussed on Websleuths and elsewhere.

I am taking Jason's threats extremely seriously. I have taken extra precautions in my life due to this letter. Precautions that will no doubt protect my son and me.

As far as I know the other sites did not go to the police. One of them wrote a big apology to him and posted it.

I know of one other site that did contact MCSO about the letter they received.

Jason made himself a public figure.

And that is the salient point and one he seems to not understand.

You don't get to dictate the terms of public perception and opinion. If you put yourself in the limelight and don't like the results, well...S.O.L.

Most people who come forward do so because they have information pertaining to a case--you know, something that can help solve a case or information useful for investigators. They go to investigators, the DA, and let the legal experts work with the information. The limelight comes as a side effect of being involved.

Contrast that with thrusting oneself into the limelight with (alleged) information that has nothing to do with the actual case, will do nothing to solve the case, and is, at best, fodder for additional gossip. There's certainly no rule or law against doing that, but the 'limelight' and 'media attention' one seeks may very well not be positive, as this Jason guy has discovered.

Fame is a fickle beast, at best. Add a dose of crazy in the mix and good luck with THAT PR mess! Make threats, and good luck with THAT legal mess in addition!

:laugh:
I liked best where he referred to himself (in his letter) as a "pubic figure" (Not a "public figure").

me too

:floorlaugh:

freudian slips are so fun. :croc:

I know of one other site that did contact MCSO about the letter they received.

GOOD DEAL. I'm very glad to hear that.

It's hard to get through to the MCSO because of the Kyron's case but I faxed in all my paperwork. Now with the other forum passing along the information that will help a great deal.

It's hard to get through to the MCSO because of the Kyron's case but I faxed in all my paperwork. Now with the other forum passing along the information that will help a great deal.

Tricia, I think there are at least two, including the one PDX knows about, that have reported similar contact from Jason.

I did not say anything before because I assumed you were in better contact with MSCO and were aware of others. They may be actively looking at Jason's shenanigans without letting everyone know what they doing, or they may be working with the postal authorities. Jason has probably broken more federal laws than local, so I would rather see the feds go after him.

Have you also considered sending your complaint to Portland Police?
While JW's actions have a bearing on the Kyron case (headed up by the MSCO-led Task Force), it is a potentially distinct crime of its own.

Actually, I say "Portland" police.. I mean the agency covering the city where JW lives or where the letter was sent from.

Well, maybe I'm missing something, but I don't get what his beef is. HE chose to put himself out there. HE chose to disclose so many details about his relationship with DeDe. What right does that give him to threaten lawsuits and claim harassment or whatever? And then to make it personal, threatening Tricia in particular as well as her family... well, IMO, he needs to be locked up.

Wow Interesting guy. Did he really think you wouldnt contact his non existent lawyer? His threats are like a teenagers.. didn't really think any of it through did he? Hope I didn't break any TOS.

If Jason is having difficulty getting a job he needs to look at himself and put blame nowhere else. His perspective employers are probably picking up on the odd vibes he exudes. His letters have a genre of bizarreness and will raise the eyebrows of any who read them.

Well, maybe I'm missing something, but I don't get what his beef is. HE chose to put himself out there. HE chose to disclose so many details about his relationship with DeDe. What right does that give him to threaten lawsuits and claim harassment or whatever? And then to make it personal, threatening Tricia in particular as well as her family... well, IMO, he needs to be locked up.

Logic does not work with him. That is what is troublesome for me. He thinks this is my fault. Not his. He thinks he has a right to demand money from me or he will ruin my life. To him it is a perfectly logical line of thinking.

Also several websites did remove any mention of him and one even wrote a huge apology. That gave him the power to think that others would do the same.

WRONG.

(Can I admit to laughing a bit? I know it's inappropriate, but I just can't help giggling when a plan so explosively backfires like this. Crime doesn't pay - certainly not $743,000. Sorry for giggling...erm, OOOPS!)

Tricia, good to hear you've taken additional steps towards protecting yourself and your family. And I'm equally thrilled to hear you've reported this to the proper folks. Nothing may come of it (although I can't see why not), but at least a record has been made of this, and should anything else happen, well...the backtrail has been laid.

Best-
Herding Cats

It really makes me angry that a "pubic figure" would force you (Tricia) to change your lifestyle, feel threatened and violated, and be geniunely concerned about the well-being of yourself and your son! Prayers and God's blessing are asked for your sakes, I truly hope the lord protects you.

I am curious, Tricia.

Do you know if he made monetary demands and personally threaten owners at other web sites?

Have you been advised to take a RO out on him? There would be benefits to having one in place.

Seriously!

Is this guy going to the (John & Patsy) Ramsey school of ransom...errr....extortion?

What's with such a random number? Is that like Ramsey's 1996's $118,000 ransom 'demand', but in 2010 (inflation) dollars?

Logic does not work with him. That is what is troublesome for me. He thinks this is my fault. Not his. He thinks he has a right to demand money from me or he will ruin my life. To him it is a perfectly logical line of thinking.

Also several websites did remove any mention of him and one even wrote a huge apology. That gave him the power to think that others would do the same.

WRONG.

BBM: Obviously!!
I only read a few of his posts at another site, didn't even know there were any on WS. Wasn't even very interesting.
I don't think his case will ever make it in front of a judge. YOU didn't seek him out, HE chose to put that information out there. But like you, threats against my family would make me a little nervous. Ok, a LOT nervous.
It always amazes me what people are willing to do for their 15 minutes!
Stand up to this clown, don't let him bully you!

This is extortion... and last I heard that's illegal. The guy should be locked up!!

I really hope that investigators are taking a second look at this guy.
I think it's really odd that as soon as he's no longer in the news he pops up again.
It reminds me of BTK. Not in the lime light so he starts playing cat and mouse games again.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HollyMcKee
Back