Jason Wishert Has Threatened My Family.

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
OK It gets even stranger.

I went to my mailbox place today and found a registered letter from him.

It has been almost 3 weeks since I went to pick up my mail. I keep hoping the magic Bill Fairy will make my bills disappear if I want long enough. ANYWAY . . . There was the same letter from him that I received at my old address except this one was registered AND it had a copy of an article about the college students who laid down in protest about that gay man who killed himself because his college roommate secretly filmed him having sex.

Maybe he should have taken a leaf out of their book and lay down in protest peacefully somewhere where he doesn't run the risk of being hit by a truck instead of sending off a number of illegal threats.

So sorry for all of this Tricia, but I guess they are out there.....

I haven't read anything about this guy or if I had, I don't retain the name in my memory banks, but now I want to read everything everybody has said about him. Yes this is how you draw negative attention to yourself, ROFLMAO! The pen is mightier than the Sword, but in his case, he just through himself on top of it. Ouch! What do they call that? Harry Karry, LOL I will go back to eating my Fruit of the Looms, no... Fruit Loops, whatever..... carry on.

Maybe but I doubt it. It seems that despite his 50 million he doesn't have a lawyer because he's doing his own dirty work. He wouldn't be allowed to write threatening letters himself, his lawyers would write on his behalf quoting some impressive statutes, and he wouldn't refer people to the wrong firm. So I think he might not want to tackle big news media such as the Oregonian because they would certainly have lawyers who would make short work of his threats. He's going after forum owners because he thinks that he has a chance of bullying and scaring individuals who may not have the legal resources.

From the first time I saw his original letter about DS, I thought, "This guy is a wannabe lawyer." He signed off with the typical language used to submit filings to the court -- "Respectfully submitted this x-day of x-month...."

Could be he thinks he knows enough to be his own legal representative, but the old saying that "a little knowledge is dangerous" is very true. Also, the saying, "He who represents himself has a fool for a client" might apply here!

Except I have never seen a lawyer write the year as 'twenty-ten"!

As a curious person; I wondered why that amount? A Yahoo Internet search yielded 159 results for “$743,000.00“ such as:

Buying an airplane? 1981 Beechcraft C99 Airliner. Price. $743,000.00
Property in Buffalo, WY - Asking Price is $743,000.00
Moving to Barbados? www.blueoceanbarbados.com/sales.cfm
Moving to Baldwin, MO? Asking Price: $743,000.00 4 Bed, 4 Baths, 4133 sq.
Buying a boat? (this is a nice one! JMO) $743,000.00
Moving to San Jose? the median price of a home here in San Jose, is now $743,000.00
Bone Marrow Transplant? Her bill for the transplant at Cooks was $743,000.00

Condo in Brooklyn, NY - Downtown, plentiful amenities including: 24 Hour Concierge Service, 2 Level Attended Parking, Library, 2,000 sq ft. Fitness Center complete with Indoor Pool and Sauna, and a Multi-Level Roof Garden with Outdoor Movie Theater

I take one each please.
I really like the condo in Brooklyn. :)
A beach front home in Barbados sounds better I think. lol I like the warmth there.

Maybe he should have taken a leaf out of their book and lay down in protest peacefully somewhere where he doesn't run the risk of being hit by a truck instead of sending off a number of illegal threats.

Oh, Donjeta...you are SO tempting me! Can barely hold back, but I love posting here, so I'm trying! :angel:

18 U.S.C. § 876 : US Code - Section 876: Mailing threatening communications

(a) Whoever knowingly deposits in any post office or authorized depository for mail matter, to be sent or delivered by the Postal Service or knowingly causes to be delivered by the Postal Service according to the direction thereon, any communication, with or without a name or designating mark subscribed thereto, addressed to any other person, and containing any demand or request for ransom or reward for the release of any kidnapped person, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than twenty years, or both...

(b) Whoever, with intent to extort from any person any money or other thing of value, so deposits, or causes to be delivered, as aforesaid, any communication containing any threat to kidnap any person or any threat to injure the person of the addressee or of another, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than twenty years, or both.

(c) Whoever knowingly so deposits or causes to be delivered as aforesaid, any communication with or without a name or designating mark subscribed thereto, addressed to any other person and containing any threat to kidnap any person or any threat to injure the person of the addressee or of another, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than five years, or both...

d) Whoever, with intent to extort from any person any money or other thing of value, knowingly so deposits or causes to be delivered, as aforesaid, any communication, with or without a name or designating mark subscribed thereto, addressed to any other person and containing any threat to injure the property or reputation of the addressee or of another, or the reputation of a deceased person, or any threat to accuse the addressee or any other person of a crime, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than two years, or both...

http://codes.lp.findlaw.com/uscode/18/I/41/876

Oh that reminds me, I need to update the wikipedia reference page I created about myself. The same wiki anyone can change at anytime any day just to mess with me. ;)

LOL - coffee in the nose!!! This whole experience is bizarre but take precautions. There are mean people out there!

I think his fifteen minutes was not enough.
Taking any posts with his name off here would be fine because he was the one that inserted himself in the case in the first place so he has no importance anyway.
Yes, I would consider this extortion.
Yes, I would notify the LE and USPS.
Doubt he has an attorney because they would have stopped from writing this.
One of my favorite sayings ever, Don't put anything in writing!

OK It gets even stranger.

I went to my mailbox place today and found a registered letter from him.

It has been almost 3 weeks since I went to pick up my mail. I keep hoping the magic Bill Fairy will make my bills disappear if I want long enough. ANYWAY . . . There was the same letter from him that I received at my old address except this one was registered AND it had a copy of an article about the college students who laid down in protest about that gay man who killed himself because his college roommate secretly filmed him having sex.

It is very apparent that Mr. Wishert is trying to compare that terrible and horrific case of cyber bullying to what happened to him on the Internet.

I want to point out something. Look at my first post in this thread. I was very nice to Mr. Wishert and gave him the opportunity to address his critics. He didn't need join Websleuths. As I stated in my email he could write a rebuttal and I would have gladly put it up. Instead he dedicated to threaten me.

Tomorrow, Monday, should be interesting.

Tricia

Calling Dr. Howard....calling Dr. Fine! Stat!:loser:

How dare he compare himself to that poor boy?:banghead:
moo

18 U.S.C. § 876 : US Code - Section 876: Mailing threatening communications

(a) Whoever knowingly deposits in any post office or authorized depository for mail matter, to be sent or delivered by the Postal Service or knowingly causes to be delivered by the Postal Service according to the direction thereon, any communication, with or without a name or designating mark subscribed thereto, addressed to any other person, and containing any demand or request for ransom or reward for the release of any kidnapped person, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than twenty years, or both...

(b) Whoever, with intent to extort from any person any money or other thing of value, so deposits, or causes to be delivered, as aforesaid, any communication containing any threat to kidnap any person or any threat to injure the person of the addressee or of another, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than twenty years, or both.

(c) Whoever knowingly so deposits or causes to be delivered as aforesaid, any communication with or without a name or designating mark subscribed thereto, addressed to any other person and containing any threat to kidnap any person or any threat to injure the person of the addressee or of another, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than five years, or both...

d) Whoever, with intent to extort from any person any money or other thing of value, knowingly so deposits or causes to be delivered, as aforesaid, any communication, with or without a name or designating mark subscribed thereto, addressed to any other person and containing any threat to injure the property or reputation of the addressee or of another, or the reputation of a deceased person, or any threat to accuse the addressee or any other person of a crime, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than two years, or both...

http://codes.lp.findlaw.com/uscode/18/I/41/876

Sounds like the Postmaster can get involved as well.

Oh the webs we weave.....

Guess he was absent from class the day they went over "Mailing Threatening Communications".

We could take a collection and send him 743,000 sheets of tissue.

I'm saddened the other sites are apparently not backing you up though. :(
We all stand behind you Tricia. This site out of all of them has been the most kind to Mr. Wishert...the irony is astounding.

I think his fifteen minutes was not enough.
Taking any posts with his name off here would be fine because he was the one that inserted himself in the case in the first place so he has no importance anyway.
Yes, I would consider this extortion.
Yes, I would notify the LE and USPS.
Doubt he has an attorney because they would have stopped from writing this.
One of my favorite sayings ever, Don't put anything in writing!

You hit on something very significant -- he has no importance. No one would ever have even known of his existence had he not offered up that rambling missive with derogatory insinuations and all the extraneous, irrelevant information about DS. And no one would ever have remembered him after the DS stuff blew over, either.

He just isn't the star he believes himself to be. I had to actually read through the posts to remember who she was talking about, and I've followed this thing since the beginning. The best thing he could have done was not post comments anywhere or make any stink and just let it run its course.

Although I am worried for Tricia and her family, perhaps it's a good thing we've seen his character revealed through these threats. Hopefully, any organization that is devoted to child advocacy will take his own comments into consideration before allowing him to participate.

What's so odd about it is that nobody would even know this guy's name or anything about him if he hadn't inserted himself into KYRON'S case. Even just knowing or formerly dating someone who was questioned by police in a missing child case could harm a reputation around town, and he should have known that. If his career was so important he would stayed out of it, and maybe contacted LE if he felt he had any tips. He could have even joined a forum and posted anonymously as someone who knew Dede and discussed it with everyone else. That would have been a better choice and kept it all about Kyron instead of making things turn around all about him.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018
Back