Jason Young arrested and charged with murder

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How about the DNA mixture on the closet door molding, <16" from the floor in Michelle's blood.
JY's DNA was there , along with someone unidentified.

Why be concerned about just one Video camera in the stairwell (unplugged at 11:20 PM) and not the others ?

We know he propped the exit door when he left at midnight.
If all went to plan , he would be back by 5:30 am and could slip back in the side door, avoiding that camera (it shows down the hall) , take an immediate right up the stairwell (video would be disabled), and then back into his room (door propped as cops suggested in SW).

Obviously, he was 'delayed' with the bloody mess and Cassidy and probably got back after 7 am. By then , it was too late to get back in undetected and the plan to 'show his face' in the hotel bright and early failed.

He then motored on past the hotel and on to Clinwood Va.

Yah, his little plan to get back super early failed, thank goodness. He was probably counting on the motel employees not noticing the propped open door either. FAIL! And yes, demonstrates not only premeditation but lots of pre-planning.

Was the motive really about getting the life insurance money? Any opinions?

Well, it is my opinion JY planned to erase MY since early 2006.
I was told by someone in the know the life insurance was purchased in the first quarter of 2006. They had just done their wills with MY's good attorney friend.
I was told Jason 'insisted' on the $1,000,000 term face amount...yes, highly unusual for a young, middle class couple just starting out.
The kicker is, a 2X rider was also purchased for "accidental death".
Hmmm, $2,000,000 in his pocket if newly pregnant MY dies in a car accident.

Guess what, a couple months later just such a scenario comes up.
Leaving Cassidy behind with Pat, JY asks MY to go to Starbucks that AM for coffee. The SUV takes teh 'scenic route' around a sharp curve and guess what, he crosses the center line and heads straight for the French Broad River, down a very steep hill. His 'excuse' was he turned around to see what was rattling in the back and lost control. So happens he already asked MY to unbuckle and reach back there.... hence she was exposed with no belt at the time of the crash and could have easily been killed (he likely would have drown her after she was stunned). Turns out the vehicle did not submerge and she escaped just shaken...Sadly, the baby she carried died .

wreck.jpg

wreckreport.jpg

Thanks JTF!

Oh I sure hope the DA goes for the DP in this case.

If only JY had died in that 2006 "accident," MY and her kids would have been on to a new/better life with each other.

Thanks JTF!

Oh I sure hope the DA goes for the DP in this case.

If only JY had died in that 2006 "accident," MY and her kids would have been on to a new/better life with each other.

If Becky and/or Howard do not ask for the DP in this case I'll flip. How much more pre-med and horrid can you get???

(Hey SG!! How are ya'?)

They will also consider the wishes of the Fisher family in making their decision.

They will also consider the wishes of the Fisher family in making their decision.

So do you think they will think of Cassidy and so well he is her father....If they don't go for the DP (meaning MF and family) then they are so much better at forgiving and forgetting than I could be if I was in the situation. JMHO

So do you think they will think of Cassidy and so well he is her father....If they don't go for the DP (meaning MF and family) then they are so much better at forgiving and forgetting than I could be if I was in the situation. JMHO

I don't know the family so I have no idea what their opinion is on the DP in general or the use of it in this case, in particular. This case, IMHO, warrants such a sentence.

I don't know the family so I have no idea what their opinion is on the DP in general or the use of it in this case, in particular. This case, IMHO, warrants such a sentence.

The DA said by waiting, they got evidence in the WD and custody suits.
He specifically said life insurance. I bet JY made an attempt to cash in and was told he would need to be deposed.
Murder for profit is an 'aggravating factor' for DP. The Life coverage was one of your questions up thread. Yes, I believe it was a partial motive.
The manner of death was especially heinous and cruel, so yes I think yet another AF for the DP.

In the end, it will come down to the Fisher's wishes I'm sure.
No way the DA goes there unless they are on-board.
Because of Cassidy and her age, I think they will say no. JMO

I can't believe I am just now hearing about this arrest, this was big news when we first PCS here to NC.

I can't believe I am just now hearing about this arrest, this was big news when we first PCS here to NC.

After 3 years, kinda hard for the national media to rekindle the story I guess.
The local reporting will involve each and every court proceeding and new SW's until trial. Based on similar cases in the same county, look for 15 -18 months before we see him face the jury. The actual trial will be huge for the local media and should be carried live on one of the special digital channels

After 3 years, kinda hard for the national media to rekindle the story I guess.
The local reporting will involve each and every court proceeding and new SW's until trial. Based on similar cases in the same county, look for 15 -18 months before we see him face the jury. The actual trial will be huge for the local media and should be carried live on one of the special digital channels

Oh yeah I meant I hadn't heard of his arrest, I remember when it happened, I just was shocked it didn't get more coverage. We live about 1 hour from Raleigh so I don't really watch the local news as much as the national news channels.

WRAL has almost every news report on the website which helps too.

:)

Oh yeah I meant I hadn't heard of his arrest, I remember when it happened, I just was shocked it didn't get more coverage. We live about 1 hour from Raleigh so I don't really watch the local news as much as the national news channels.

Does anyone know (DP) - what the average time lapse between conviction and death is?
Hopefully it's not like CA.

I know there is at least one person who has been on death row since the 90's. NC has had a defacto moratorium on the death penalty which may end soon according to this article from May of last year:

De facto death penalty moratorium may end
Bills to reform capital punishment system make progress in legislature

http://www.indyweek.com/gyrobase/Content?oid=oid:394878

I live about an hour away too, very near SJAFB :dance: .

Only heard about it once on the news since the arrest.

I live about an hour away too, very near SJAFB :dance: .

Only heard about it once on the news since the arrest.

It seems that NC just don't like to "report" on these types of things. You know a NC man kills his wife or gf instead of divorcing her. Maybe NC doesn't want the entire US to know how long they take in arresting these jerks. JMHO

Kinda snickered at my own random thoughts today. I was out washing the car, in about 64 degrees. Thinking about last Sunday, where a high was in the 30's and the lows were in the teens. Wow, what a difference a week makes.

Except for Jason these past few weeks...kinda like Groundhog Day for him...same ol' same ol'...unless he has a court hearing or something to break up the monotony.

I LIKE IT! :blushing:

Same wall, same staff rotations, same pretty routine food, same blanket and pillow, same shower routine, same toilet in the middle of his cell, etc. Works for me. :dance: (And personally, better than I believe he deserves, but hey.)

Kinda snickered at my own random thoughts today. I was out washing the car, in about 64 degrees. Thinking about last Sunday, where a high was in the 30's and the lows were in the teens. Wow, what a difference a week makes.

Except for Jason these past few weeks...kinda like Groundhog Day for him...same ol' same ol'...unless he has a court hearing or something to break up the monotony.

I LIKE IT! :blushing:

Same wall, same staff rotations, same pretty routine food, same blanket and pillow, same shower routine, same toilet in the middle of his cell, etc. Works for me. :dance: (And personally, better than I believe he deserves, but hey.)

I like the way you think DeputyDawg !!

I live in Asheboro, and we haven't had anything about this case on the local news. I am glad that after 3 years, LE was able to collect enough evidence to put this in jail where he belongs.:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8