Jason Young to get new trial #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The overturned conviction did not have anything to do with shoes in the Explorer or jeans. The state is free to introduce that evidence in the next trial. The jury will decide what weight to give it.

She actually stated that he was convicted based on the fact that he opted not to testify. That means she ignored the Judge's instructions that his silence is not to be used against him in deliberating the verdict. I would say that her intelligence could be called into question and this is yet another ground for appeal.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/video/10822938/

That still bugs me. I hope his attorney who advised him not to speak to anybody testifies next go around. No defendant should be judged guilty just because he took his attorney's advice quite literally and didn't speak. How can any jury use against him something he never said? To me, that makes little sense.

JMO

Correct, he NEVER spoke to ANYONE about the murder.

Actually it is INCORRECT, as he testified at his first trial, and he also presumably spoke at length with his lawyers about the murder.

What he didn't do is talk to anyone who could have unfairly (consciously or subconsciously) twisted his words against him.

And, as far as quirky coincidences go, when talking about the camera and propped door, what are the odds or chances, Jason lucks out and picks a gas station with non working cameras, a clerk who has memory problems and the one witness to collaborate her story is never found. It works both ways.

I saw a couple of interviews with jurors and the intelligence level definitely seemed below normal. I could not believe what I was hearing.

That's pretty standard IMO. You can't count on intelligent and rational minds being on your jury. Every time I hear jurors speak after a verdict, I think the same thing

Does the Cracker Barrel video show him wearing the hush puppies?

That's pretty standard IMO. You can't count on intelligent and rational minds being on your jury. Every time I hear jurors speak after a verdict, I think the same thing

Especially with lawyers picking them... you deserved that one :scared: .

:truce:

Anyone know where I can see the Cracker Barrel video?

http://www.wral.com/specialreports/michelleyoung/video/10698472/

I know this was brought up time and again during the trials but I am posting the link to the 911 call and if you start listening at about the 7:40 mark when MF asks CY sweetie do you know what happened CY says, "Daddy do it" If you watch it a few times the DT squirms in their seats I am sure they hear it too. I know the reasonable doubt people will not here this but felt it was worth posting the link... look at attorneys and listen to CY

http://www.wral.com/specialreports/michelleyoung/video/10698472/

I know this was brought up time and again during the trials but I am posting the link to the 911 call and if you start listening at about the 7:40 mark when MF asks CY sweetie do you know what happened CY says, "Daddy do it" If you watch it a few times the DT squirms in their seats I am sure they hear it too. I know the reasonable doubt people will not here this but felt it was worth posting the link... look at attorneys and listen to CY

I listened to this just a couple of minutes ago and I did hear her say daddy a couple of times.

I listened to this just a couple of minutes ago and I did hear her say daddy a couple of times.

yep, not the kind of chatter one expects from a child who may have witnessed her mother's murder. Of course, having a 9-1-1 caller try to question said child while an operator is trying to get her to focus on providing help to the victim is also a bit unusual.

JMO

yep, not the kind of chatter one expects from a child who may have witnessed her mother's murder. Of course, having a 9-1-1 caller try to question said child while an operator is trying to get her to focus on providing help to the victim is also a bit unusual.

JMO
I do not see this as unusual as the operator had just asked MF did you see what happened. So for MF to ask CY if she saw what happened does not seem unusual. Also again I hear CY say, " Daddy do it"

JMO

I never heard CY say it either, it sounds more like she is saying the word "dat" for that.
Also, at the end of the phonecall MF says CY is trying to tell her someone was there.
But, more important would have been CY's actions or reactions when she saw Jason again, screaming, fearful, running away from him. But she didn't, none of those things happened.

No, that's not accurate. He testified that she may have but that he really couldn't be sure. This is a man who never had any idea that investigators would be searching for an item, this is 6 years after the fact and we expect him to be held accountable for this pair of shoes.

I've said it before - there were two pairs of brown slip-on shoes in that Explorer. Chances are good that one of them is the pair he was wearing at Cracker Barrel. To suggest that he had yet another pair that he took with him just to commit the murder that wasn't expected to become bloody is just beyond ridiculous.
You could be right. I thought he stated his wife gave them to Good Will. He was a suspect from day one. Why would he be surprised they would be searching 6 years later? Because he assumed after all these years they would slack off? Maybe forget? Maybe not care?
I don't recall 2 pairs of slip-on shoes in the Explorer. Is there a link for that? Don't go searching if it is not at your finger tips. Just don't remember.

I do not see this as unusual as the operator had just asked MF did you see what happened. So for MF to ask CY if she saw what happened does not seem unusual. Also again I hear CY say, " Daddy do it"

I still can't believe she didn't roll her over and attempt CPR. Even the added info "there's blood everywhere...footprints". That isn't helpful to the victim. It's a very weird call.

No that is not what she said. She said he NEVER talked. She did not say he did not take the stand, there is a difference. He never talked to ANYONE about the murder. As a matter of fact Meredith testified she did not think JY had a part in this until time went buy and he NEVER talked!

Why would anyone go against what they were told to do by their attorney?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove