Jason Young to get new trial

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I seriously mean no offense to those of you posting for JY's innocence, but Tarheel said what I have been DYING to ask but thought it might be taken wrong.
I wondered if a couple of you actually were people who know JY. Not that is matters, all are welcome here at WS, I just was curious.

Since I am new to this one, and in the process of watching trial 1, I am going to ask a couple questions. I was going to wait to get through the entire trial in case they got answered that way, but what the heyho, might as well put them out here now-

1) Cameras @Hotel-
It is claimed they were unplugged and then plugged back in at 6:30 am.
Does anyone know the time they were UNplugged?
The camera was pushed UP so not facing the door. I heard talk of "kids" doing this in the thread.
Was there evidence kids got into the hotel to do this?

2) JY called Meredith to go get the papers about the handbag off of the printer.
Was Michelle working at this time? If so, why could he have not waited until he got home from his meeting and gotten the papers himself before she got home from work?

3) JY stopped at parents home before going home (before he knew about MY).
His family then told him about MY. It is said they waited before leaving to go to his home, packing bags, etc.
Most people would just GO if they found out a spouse/mate was dead.
Was this explained?

4) How long was it before LE actually physically saw JY?
I ask this because I wonder if there was time for any cuts, bruises, scratches to heal.

5) Was any unknown DNA found at the house tested against any LE or techs who were in the home investigating?

Keep in mind, I am only halfway through MF's testimony, I usually watch a segment each day (or 2). So please excuse if these questions seem like basic knowledge to those of you who have followed since day 1. TIA.

I would have to look up some of these for you, but I do know Young was not actively bidding on handbags from Ebay, so the fact that any item expired, means nothing.

Re: the purse - There's been a lot of discussion about this but it doesn't raise any red flags to me because he knew that Meredith and Linda were upset that he didn't buy Michelle a gift for their 3rd anniversary and he was trying to make it right. There is testimony that he discussed the possibility of a purse as a gift with Meredith in late October. Linda told him that leather was for the 3 year anniversary. I think he printed some examples from ebay to show Meredith and to get her opinion of some of them and he wanted it to be a surprise so he asked her to get them from the printer.

He was recently communicating frequently with Meredith as she acted as a mediator for Jason and Michelle's conflicts. I think it's no big deal that he was calling her about the purse print-outs and he had spoken to her the prior evening about the argument he'd had with Michelle.

If he had never mentioned the gift and had never spoken with Meredith by phone then this would have been a red flag for me. Since he had, it wasn't at all.

The Fisher family wanted visitation rights with CY. After being cut off completely from seeing CY they went the legal route. Visitation and a formal agreement is what they were expecting to negotiate through their attorney, and that's what the attorney was expecting as well.

They eventually got a call from their attorney to come to his office. He went through the newest document received and they discovered that JY was greatly increasing MF's time with CY, leading up to full physical custody within a few months. That was a complete shock since all they had asked for was a formal visitation agreement. They were pleased to have CY back in their lives but stunned that JY would hand his daughter over just like that. (this is all in testimony and the testimony is in the video archive on WRAL).

The Fisher family wanted visitation rights with CY. After being cut off completely from seeing CY they went the legal route. Visitation and a formal agreement is what they were expecting to negotiate through their attorney, and that's what the attorney was expecting as well.

They eventually got a call from their attorney to come to his office. He went through the newest document received and they discovered that JY was greatly increasing MF's time with CY, leading up to full physical custody within a few months. That was a complete shock since all they had asked for was a formal visitation agreement. They were pleased to have CY back in their lives but stunned that JY would hand his daughter over just like that. (this is all in testimony and the testimony is in the video archive on WRAL).

Do you know what a default judgement is? When the other party doesn't respond, you automatically win whatever you want. They could've initially been asking for visitation, but if JY did not respond, they win whatever conditions they wanted, including full custody.

He didn't respond because he would be compelled to testify, and his testimony would be used against him in criminal court, and it would've cost him more than his equity loans he could've gotten.
The judge already had it out for him. The judge could've ordered a stay on the civil suits, but he didn't.

Sent from your mom's smartphone

That was the wrongful death lawsuit which ended in a default judgement. This was different and was about visitation with the young daughter. It's all right there in the testimony. See for yourself.

He really didn't have a choice but to comply with the request for more visitations. I can understand why he didn't want them to spend time with C. though when they were openly accusing him of murder.

As far as him being comfortable with MF...I would guess that at that point in time, little was known about the inconsistencies with her story and he probably didn't consider her a suspect and in fact I don't know what he thinks about her possible involvement even now.

That was the wrongful death lawsuit which ended in a default judgement. This was different and was about visitation with the young daughter. It's all right there in the testimony. See for yourself.

He would be compelled to testify in the custody suit too.

He really didn't have a choice but to comply with the request for more visitations. I can understand why he didn't want them to spend time with C. though when they were openly accusing him of murder.

As far as him being comfortable with MF...I would guess that at that point in time, little was known about the inconsistencies with her story and he probably didn't consider her a suspect and in fact I don't know what he thinks about her possible involvement even now.

I'm still convinced MF didn't have anything to do with it either. Like I said earlier, MF has just as much evidence against her as JY has against him. The only thing with MF is her alibi doesn't add up. She was drunk, passed out in her car? No one to corroborate that.
The killer might just be some sick stalker. From my understanding, MY was never checked for sexual assault. Correct me if I'm wrong, please.

He would be compelled to testify in the custody suit too.

A written agreement was all that was needed. In fact, as part of his written agreement (the one in which he decided to just hand over custody when only visitation was being asked for), he put stipulations that he would not ever take a psych eval or sit for questioning. Almost anything in a contract/agreement is negotiable and it doesn't require being in court or testifying.

I would never willingly hand my young child over to someone else to raise and I don't personally know anyone who would do that.

The custody filing did include a Motion for Psychological Evaulation request for Jason.
Also , what I found very interesting is that Alice Stubbs represented Jason Young and she also represented Nancy Cooper and her family.

I wonder when we will get word of when the new trials will begin. In the Young case, he may be eligible for bail, but because Brad Cooper is not a US citizen, he may not be granted bail, I think.

I'm still convinced MF didn't have anything to do with it either. Like I said earlier, MF has just as much evidence against her as JY has against him. The only thing with MF is her alibi doesn't add up. She was drunk, passed out in her car? No one to corroborate that.
The killer might just be some sick stalker. From my understanding, MY was never checked for sexual assault. Correct me if I'm wrong, please.

You are correct. They were supposed to check for signs of sexual assault but they never ended up doing that.

There are a lot of unanswered questions. I consider it an unsolved crime. I just don't understand what could have possibly motivated her to lie about things like the dog being present in the house. Also, I can't stop thinking about Cindy B.'s description of the passenger in the SUV at 5:30ish AM.

You are correct. They were supposed to check for signs of sexual assault but they never ended up doing that.

There are a lot of unanswered questions. I consider it an unsolved crime. I just don't understand what could have possibly motivated her to lie about things like the dog being present in the house. Also, I can't stop thinking about Cindy B.'s description of the passenger in the SUV at 5:30ish AM.

I'm sure you've seen the YouTube video of the 911 call being analyzed. How she refused to even check if MY was alive when first told to do so.

A written agreement was all that was needed. In fact, as part of his written agreement (the one in which he decided to just hand over custody when only visitation was being asked for), he put stipulations that he would not ever take a psych eval or sit for questioning. Almost anything in a contract/agreement is negotiable and it doesn't require being in court or testifying.

I would never willingly hand my young child over to someone else to raise and I don't personally know anyone who would do that.

I don't know that he "willingly" handed over his child. I think he just followed his attorney's advice. If the guy is found innocent at trial, he's going to get his child back. Same goes for Brad Cooper.

I remember she wasn't checked for sexual assault even though the cops requested it.

I doubt it was a stranger/stalker, though because the child was left "clean" and so was most of the house. And why would a stranger leave bloody footprints in the bedroom but not in the rest of the house? That makes little sense. I wonder if they can subject the child with hypnosis to see what she recalls or if there were other "excited utterances" she made.

Oh, that's what brought up the polygraph talk. I asked the question, "why wasn't MF ever looked at as a suspect?" And someone else stated they thought she'd gone in for a polygraph.

Maybe MF was never looked at as a suspect because she told cops CY said Jason did it? Wasn't 'Daddy did it' heard on the 911 call? The cops immediately interviewed Jason's friends and they got the distinct impression the cops thought Jason was guilty. I can't think of another reason cops would leap to that conclusion so early unless MF told them CY said that.

Cops need to go back and reexamine everything about Michelle's murder.

CY never said "Daddy did it"

CY never said "Daddy did it"

I never could hear it but I remember some posters insisted they could hear her say it. Whether she did or didn't, I do believe MF told cops that she had said it and that is why they immediately focused on Jason.

In the 2nd trial, the rumors about the 911 call were finally put to rest regarding whether Cassidy Y. had said those words. The call was submitted in its entirety, no omissions, nothing was left out and nothing was coverered up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
internationalsleuth