Jason Young to get new trial

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, none of this stuff about the affairs or life insurance make a bit of difference. We could talk all day about motive, cheating and insurance but it's the evidence that matters. Did the State prove their case? The answer is no.

The evidence points away from Jason's involvement and simply can't be dismissed. The gas mileage worked perfectly for the timeline that has him spending the night in Hillsville and continuing on with his business appointments. They just don't add up when you have him driving another round trip to Raleigh and back. How can that be ignored?

No scratches on his body

No blood or DNA in his vehicle

Common sense - one doesn't premeditate a brutal beating murder. That was a rage killing. If he had planned it in advance, there are clearly much cleaner ways to achieve this.

Common sense 2 - What an enormous risk to his alibi to be dependent on two propped open doors remaining open all night, risk of his neighbors seeing him, risk of a flat tire, risk of breaking down, risk of a speeding ticket. Any of of those things and it's game over - guilty of murder. It's a ridiculous theory.

Witnesses - We can't ignore the fact that three people saw a light colored SUV at the foot of the driveway between 3:30 and 6:15. It was there early that morning. Again, the timing doesn't work here with the State's theory. If he's in the house (with all lights on, how stupid) and he carelessly decides to park at the foot of the driveway so everyone can see his vehicle, he's not making it two hours away by 5:27AM to cuss at Gracie. Best case, he's out of there at 4, he's not going to make it in 90 minutes, 117 miles. No, it's more likely that someone else - the real killer had that SUV parked there with all house lights on -someone stupid and on drugs most likely. Two people are even seen in the SUV at 5:20 - male and female. The description of the female matches that of Meredith. It is a fact that can't be dismissed.

Common sense 3 - Why does he plan a trip to Brevard when he knows his 2 year old is alone in a house with a dead body? What if Meredith is out of town and can't stop by to get that print-out? He's just going to leave her there alone overnight? Why work the Brevard stop into the plan at all? Drive home just to be safe. So he "finds" the body - okay, so what? That doesn't make him guilty. Meredith found the body and no one wants to consider that she could have had involvement.

Gracie's story - as a juror I would have had to ignore it as she didn't even know what he looked like. I can only conclude that this was manufactured evidence.

What else? Meredith - keys on the hood of Michelle's Lexus, no explanation. She's out partying or doing who knows what from 9PM until 3:37 when she's seen on the Sheetz video. After that, again, whereabouts unknown, unverified. Three different stories about how she found C. Lied about the dog being in the house, 911 call - she doesn't even demand that they get there as soon as possible, no urgency. She's more concerned with shielding the child from the gruesome scene than checking for a pulse on the victim. She had no blood on her clothing or shoes. How is that even possible if she's squatting next to the body in an attempt to find a pulse? Isn't it logical that she is the only one who really could have cleaned and kept C. clean during that time? No diaper, child couldn't dress herself, 10 hours alone? Impossible. What is the explanation? Simple - Meredith cared for her, fed her, and made sure she was clean. This makes more sense than someone cleaned her 10 hours ago and she's in the scene, doll next to her mom, hanging out in the murder bed but not a spec of blood.

How about how she "attempted" the key to the front door and then "attempted" to get in through that side garage door with all of that stuff blocking it! Surely she knew it was blocked from entering, surely she knew the garage door was busted? Why the story about the attempts to enter those ways? She didn't want to be considered a suspect as someone who knew the garage door was busted.

Clueless jurors from trial 2 - "Where are the shoes? Where is the shirt?" Police didn't take photos or even an inventory list of items from the Explorer. It is wrong to hold anyone accountable for items when there is no accountability! Show me the inventory log and photo of the items and then you can say "Where are these items?!" Otherwise, no way. Police didn't even get a search warrant for the items until 27 months after the murder. I suppose at that point they "lost" a few things. So easy to do when you want to win a conviction and have no evidence. Why no evidence? Maybe because you focused on the wrong person.

Meredith Fisher was never named as a suspect or POI. I suggest you leave her name out of it until she is named. She is still considered a victim. I'm through posting in this thread for a while. I will wait until the new trial starts. I can debate all your "common sense" comments but it will probably only get me banned. Good Luck defending a wife and baby killer!

There are articles at WRAL that say Jason did speak briefly to LE.
if you need one, I will link it for you.
Then, there was a male doll that Cassidy could have chosen from, and then there was a post that there was another suspect that LE looked at it and then cleared. I have searched for that everywhere, in the archives at both Raleigh and Charlotte newspapers.
I also don't remember Pat Young telling Jason he should marry Michelle even though he didn't want to. Do you have a link? Because all I could find is that they got married twice and I even read about Jason's proposal.
I have also not read or heard any testimony that Jason wasn't a good father or wouldn't be in the future to his son.
I am not arguing that they were blissfully happy or anything like that, clearly they weren't, but I am not seeing one single reason why he would want her dead or why he would throw his entire life away by murdering her.

lol...the only speaking he did to them was on 11-3-06 on the phone when he told them he had alredy contacted a lawyer.

Meredith Fisher was never named as a suspect or POI. I suggest you leave her name out of it until she is named. She is still considered a victim. I'm through posting in this thread for a while. I will wait until the new trial starts. I can debate all your "common sense" comments but it will probably only get me banned. Good Luck defending a wife and baby killer!

Which leads back to, why wasn't she? She had just as much access and motive(or lack of), and her alibi is garbage. Why was JY suspect number one from day one, before they even started investigating.

lol...the only speaking he did to them was on 11-3-06 on the phone when he told them he had alredy contacted a lawyer.

Which is what any semi-intelligent human being would do when they're being investigated.

Sent from your mom's smartphone

MF went to the sheriff's station several times. There must have been multiple interviews with her. I read she passed a polygraph in 2007, but I don't have a source for that right now because it's been quite awhile since I saw that.

The spouse or intimate partner is always a primary focus when there's a homicide. If there had been older children (like teens or older) they would have been looked at as well. LE starts in the center of the victim's life and works their way out, is how it was explained to me. They eliminate people as they go. This appears to be a standard way homicide investigations are conducted everywhere, especially when a victim is found inside their own home, no forced entry is found, no obvious burglary is seen, lots of valuables are around but not taken. FBI statistics indicate the vast majority of homicides in the home are perpetrated by someone the victim knows.

I bet the WC Sheriff's office spoke to everyone who last saw or was related to MY. That would include her TV watching friend (SS) who was the last person to see MY alive other than her killer, MY's mother, MY's sister, other friends, other family members, and of course they'd expect to speak to MY's spouse. So, if you have people who are willing to speak to you (you = LE) whenever you want or need, will answer all your questions, will cooperate, will agree to take a polygraph and actually take one and then pass it, and no evidence links you to the homicide, chances are you will be eliminated as a suspect.

One final thought: JY willingly handed custody of CY over to his sister-in-law. That wasn't something the Fisher family was fighting for; they just wanted regular visitation, according to testimony. JY must believe/know his sister-in-law had nothing to do with MY's death or he certainly wouldn't have handed custody of his precious little girl over like that. Actions speak loudly and clearly.

MF went to the sheriff's station several times. There must have been multiple interviews with her. I read she passed a polygraph in 2007, but I don't have a source for that right now because it's been quite awhile since I saw that.

The spouse or intimate partner is always a primary focus when there's a homicide. If there had been older children (like teens or older) they would have been looked at as well. LE starts in the center of the victim's life and works their way out, is how it was explained to me. They eliminate people as they go. This appears to be a standard way homicide investigations are conducted everywhere, especially when a victim is found inside their own home, no forced entry is found, no obvious burglary is seen, lots of valuables are around but not taken. FBI statistics indicate the vast majority of homicides in the home are perpetrated by someone the victim knows.

I bet the WC Sheriff's office spoke to everyone who last saw or was related to MY. That would include her TV watching friend (SS) who was the last person to see MY alive other than her killer, MY's mother, MY's sister, other friends, other family members, and of course they'd expect to speak to MY's spouse. So, if you have people who are willing to speak to you (you = LE) whenever you want or need, will answer all your questions, will cooperate, will agree to take a polygraph and actually take one and then pass it, and no evidence links you to the homicide, chances are you will be eliminated as a suspect.

One final thought: JY willingly handed custody of CY over to his sister-in-law. That wasn't something the Fisher family was fighting for; they just wanted regular visitation, according to testimony. JY must believe/know his sister-in-law had nothing to do with MY's death or he certainly wouldn't have handed custody of his precious little girl over like that. Actions speak loudly and clearly.

Lie detectors are a fraud, that's why they're inadmissible in court. The test is just to see if you change your story or admit to lying. The "test" begins when you walk in the door, before they hook you up to the lie detector.

He couldn't afford to defend himself and would be compelled to testify in the civil suits. By not responding, the other party wins by default.

Where are they now?

Just thinking if and when we go to Trial 3..... all these people will be called again

Gracie Bailey
Michelle Money
Carol Ann Sowerby
The Fishers
The Youngs
Shelly Schaad

This has been explained before. Jason Young would have to testify and after seeing Brad Cooper's depo held against him , he decided to stay quiet. This time I believe the results of the custody case and wrongful death suit can not be used against him. It was Jason Young's right to remain silent and that can not be held against him.

Lie detectors are a fraud, that's why they're inadmissible in court. The test is just to see if you change your story or admit to lying. The "test" begins when you walk in the door, before they hook you up to the lie detector.

He couldn't afford to defend himself and would be compelled to testify in the civil suits. By not responding, the other party wins by default.

I don't remember anyone passing or not passing a lie detector test, or if they were offered and if the results were made public. But, like another poster said, this is a case that has been around for awhile.
But, its also a case that has been surrounded with many false rumors. The"suspicious" car accident,for example, in which Officer David Dicks testified that in his findings, it was just that, an accident but that did not stop the rumors that it was an attempt on Michelle's life or the fact that Jason Young was also in the car too.

More on where they are now:

Looks like one of Jason Young's defense legal team is now a Judge.....(Nov. 2012)
Bryan Collins, Wake County's 1st public defender was successful in his campaign.
Collins, was approached by Judge Donald Stephens, Wake County's senior resident Superior Court Judge about running.
Congratulations, Mr. Collins!

I wouldn't go by media reports for facts in cases; the media sometimes gets the details wrong. When possible and available, trial testimony is the thing to use; that's the source all the lawyers involved and the courts use. In this case the entire trial is online at WRAL.

Or message boards, too, lol.
Just in this one thread, it was said there was no male doll for Cassidy to choose. False.
The trip was a 2 hour drive. False.
A suspect was looked at and cleared. False.
Pat Young told Jason to marry Michelle even though he didn't want to. False.
But, its all good, because it makes people interested, and want to know more about the case and maybe do some digging for themselves.
I often wish we could just separate rumors and concentrate on just the facts!!

Sticking to trial testimony is the best and only way to separate rumor from fact. Even well meaning people can get facts wrong because of memory, passage of time, or their own interpretation. I've seen facts get nuanced into something different in lots of cases.

Sticking to trial testimony is the best and only way to separate rumor from fact. Even well meaning people can get facts wrong because of memory, passage of time, or their own interpretation. I've seen facts get nuanced into something different in lots of cases.

You are right! And, I don't remember anyone at trial being asked if they submitted to a polygraph or what the results were, so it's pretty safe to say we can discount that rumor too.

Polygraphs are voluntary and the results are not admissible in court. You would not hear about it through criminal court testimony nor would a witness be asked about taking one during their testimony. But there are other ways to find out, like asking the person, as one example.

Polygraphs are voluntary and the results are not admissible in court. You would not hear about it through criminal court testimony nor would a witness be asked about taking one during their testimony. But there are other ways to find out, like asking the person, as one example.

Not always, there are many times when someone is asked if they would be willing to take a polygraph.....I have never heard of anyone in this case taking one, because they would be ill advised to speak of it. And, for all we know, Jason Young's attorneys could have given him one without anyone's knowledge although I highly doubt it, Polygraphs can be done in secret, it was rumored that OJ Simpson and Scott Peterson failed theirs.
And, since they are inadmissable in court the results mean nothing, one way or another.

third time is a charm..........

RIP Michelle and baby Rylan

JUSTICE FOR MICHELLE and her UNBORN SON

Not always, there are many times when someone is asked if they would be willing to take a polygraph.....I have never heard of anyone in this case taking one, because they would be ill advised to speak of it. And, for all we know, Jason Young's attorneys could have given him one without anyone's knowledge although I highly doubt it, Polygraphs can be done in secret, it was rumored that OJ Simpson and Scott Peterson failed theirs.
And, since they are inadmissable in court the results mean nothing, one way or another.

LE will often ask people if they would be willing to take a polygraph. That's an investigational tool and is used long before a case goes to trial. You won't hear anyone be asked that in a courtroom during a criminal case. It's inadmissible. Doesn't mean polygraphs don't happen or that people haven't taken one; it means you won't hear about it as part of court testimony.

LE will often ask people if they would be willing to take a polygraph. That's an investigational tool and is used long before a case goes to trial. You won't hear anyone be asked that in a courtroom during a criminal case. It's inadmissible. Doesn't mean polygraphs don't happen or that people haven't taken one; it means you won't hear about it as part of court testimony.

And, according to an earlier post, court testimony is all that matters. So whoever did or did not take a polygraph and whatever the results were are thrown out the window.
It just doesn't matter and we are back to square one in every aspect of this case.
Jason Young's conviction has been overturned and we start all over again.
We should know something in about 60 days from the last ruling, and then possibly a bail hearing.

Well, I think we can chalk up any mention of polygraphs to the rumor mill. Even if anyone did take one, it's irrelevant to the case.

And, according to an earlier post, court testimony is all that matters.
Court testimony is the defacto record for what was testified to, yes. However, court testimony does not cover every single thing done in a case, does not cover every detail of the investigation, every single person talked to, and doesn't cover things that would not be admissible in court.

When court testimony is available and there's a conflict about what a witness said (versus what someone thinks they said), the testimony is the thing to use.

When there's a question about details of an investigation, there may or may not be testimony about that particular detail. In the case of polygraphs and who did or did not take them, that information will not be elicited during testimony.

I also heard (or read) that JY's mother took and passed a polygraph and perhaps some others in his family. That could be a false rumor. Or, it could be accurate. I have no personal knowledge. I don't discount it, but in any event, only one person is on trial for murder and whoever else was talked to or looked at or investigated or what other descriptive word is preferred, was excluded as a suspect in the murder.

/the end.

Well, I think we can chalk up any mention of polygraphs to the rumor mill. Even if anyone did take one, it's irrelevant to the case.

Exactly, and if lie detectors were reliable they would be admissable, which they are not, so to say someone did take one and passed means absolutely nothing.

www.apa.org/research/action/polygraph.aspx

"More psychologists agree there is little evidence that polygraph tests can accurately detect lies."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KristenLoren