OR OR - Melissa Marie Jubane, 32, Beaverton, 4 September 2024 *nurse, didn't show up for work at hospital*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
How big is this apartment building? What kind of people live there? Could she still be in there, unless surveillance saw her leave? What about the fire exits, any surveillance? Is there a common laundry area, in the basement?
This is alarming.....I hope she is found safely.

Wow Melissa and her husband literally just celebrated their first anniversary.

Looks like she lives in a complex called Baseline158. Seems like a nice place? - https://www.baseline158.com/

Where did you find out the apt complex she lives in? I've been reading articles but didn't see that info. Thanks!

This is right across from the Nike campus, isn't it?? I cannot imagine that the streets right there would be quiet or empty at that time in the morning. Bus line 67 runs along 158th, but is not frequent - only hourly. And it's no more than a 10-15 minute walk from the Max line.

Providence St Vincent Medical Center is only a 10-15 minute drive from the apartment. Do we even know she typically drove to work? Pretty sure Providence provides either free or discounted Trimet. I don't know what employee parking is like there.

There's rumbles but nothing official I've seen yet that there are time stamps for doors in the apartment building. From what I can tell, it's a higher end building.

(For those that aren't from around here: in general, this SW Portland metro location is a well-off area - my eldest son and his wife live not far from there. Heck, that's the Costco they frequent, which I'll admit, weirds me out. Especially since son's wife is also a medical professional who leaves for work at a similar bright and early time.)

***MISSING*** BEAVERTON, OR
The Beaverton Police Department is asking for the public’s help in locating a missing 32-year-old female. Melissa Jubane went missing from her apartment in Beaverton, OR on September 4th, 2024. Jubane works as a nurse at Providence St. Vincent Medical Center and failed to show up for work. According to her coworkers, her vehicle was still at the apartment. Her friends and family said this was out of character for Melissa and are concerned for her safety and well-being. If you have any information on her whereabouts, contact the Beaverton Police Department at 503-629-0111. Case # 24-2480460

This is right across from the Nike campus, isn't it?? I cannot imagine that the streets right there would be quiet or empty at that time in the morning. Bus line 67 runs along 158th, but is not frequent - only hourly. And it's no more than a 10-15 minute walk from the Max line.

Providence St Vincent Medical Center is only a 10-15 minute drive from the apartment. Do we even know she typically drove to work? Pretty sure Providence provides either free or discounted Trimet. I don't know what employee parking is like there.

There's rumbles but nothing official I've seen yet that there are time stamps for doors in the apartment building. From what I can tell, it's a higher end building.

(For those that aren't from around here: in general, this SW Portland metro location is a well-off area - my eldest son and his wife live not far from there. Heck, that's the Costco they frequent, which I'll admit, weirds me out. Especially since son's wife is also a medical professional who leaves for work at a similar bright and early time.)
Thanks for all the local info!

So if Melissa’s car never left and she never made it to work Wednesday morning (assuming she drove). Did she disappear Tuesday night or Wednesday morning? Police will obviously know this, but is it being stated anywhere?

Wonder if Melissa used the onsite gym, pool, or any of the other amenities in the building?

When did she return to OR from her wedding in Hawaii (or honeymoon)?

Why no public comment from her new husband?

Had she been to work earlier in the week or was this her first day/shift due back after her wedding/honeymoon? It feels like work was quick to report her missing. (Reminds me of the Mamta Kafle Bhatt case.)

It seems like there is a lot of unsaid or missing info. Imo.
There was a comment on facebook that she worked her first shift (since the wedding) the day before. People who worked with her that day said nothing seemed amiss.

I live right around the corner from this complex and drive by taking my son to school. A few places of interest worth noting. There is a major construction site just North of Costco (Jay St. and 158th) I saw the searchers talk with someone here just now but hoping police would ask for security footage. Across 158th is the west edge of the Nike campus and South of the Nike campus is Nike woods. They have a TON of security cameras in the area. There is also a homeless camp in the small woods just south of McDonalds on Walker Rd. The MAX (commuter rail system) is very close - the Elmonica station also has a train yard and again a lot of security footage.

SEP 6, 2024
After a police search through Wednesday was unsuccessful, community members announced plans to kick off a 7 a.m. search for Jubane on Friday.

An additional search is scheduled for 7:30 p.m., starting in the Beaverton Costco parking lot on 15901 SW Jenkins Rd — near her apartment complex.

She has not been heard from since Wednesday.

Beaverton police confirm Jubane lives at Baseline 158. Detectives canvased the apartment Thursday night and are trying to talk to everyone who lives there. A bloodhound search yielded no results, according to police.

SEP 6, 2024
Beaverton police has created an independent tip line and website for this case. Henderson said no tip is too small and they're looking for digital evidence, like photos and videos.

The number for the tip line is 503-526-2280.

The website where people can share information, including photos or other media, is here: Missing Person Investigation.

Official details as released by police have been sparse - but in an on-the-record conversation with KATU, Beaverton Police Officer Henderson called this a "highly unusual case" and said that they are using "all available resources" to try to find her.

Officers began a canvas of Jubane's apartment building Thursday night, and say they spoke to every single neighbor.

Looking at your google link, it looks like there is roadwork ongoing right now, July to October, along Baseline Road beside the apartment. Are there any transient workers for the construction? Someone around who may have seen something? Heard something? Done something? MOO.

View attachment 529333

There is a major project on Walker Road between Schendel Ave and Murray Blvd. They do not work overnight and they are usually on site earlier than 7:30.

Thanks for all the local info!

So if Melissa’s car never left and she never made it to work Wednesday morning (assuming she drove). Did she disappear Tuesday night or Wednesday morning? Police will obviously know this, but is it being stated anywhere?

Wonder if Melissa used the onsite gym, pool, or any of the other amenities in the building?

That’s my first question. Is there a pool? A Hawaiian girl, probably likes to swim, accidents happen during swimming.

But that’s somewhat far-fetched as nowadays, people would take their cellphones everywhere. I don’t know if one can determine where her phone last pinged.

I am afraid that she left the phone in the apartment indicating that she didn’t want to be found. I don’t know why, but I view it as a slight possibility.

I Googled the area (it looks safe). As opposed to Portland (the Northern one where we stayed for a night recently obviously went downhill). Of course one bad person is enough to make any area unsafe, but still there is hope.

Because it is a safe neighborhood, I hope there are cameras and arriving cars can be seen.

When did she return to OR from her wedding in Hawaii (or honeymoon)?

Why no public comment from her new husband?

Had she been to work earlier in the week or was this her first day/shift due back after her wedding/honeymoon? It feels like work was quick to report her missing. (Reminds me of the Mamta Kafle Bhatt case.)

It seems like there is a lot of unsaid or missing info. Imo.

Just a feeling, her husband/family are not at all involved and the disappearance is more of a random thing. Neighboring Portland crimes seem to be mostly around-drug-related, but in such an atmosphere any individual “hunter” is easy to blend in, IMHO. For some reason, I can’t exclude something that I call “post-wedding syndrome” - (Lots of energy has been used in preparation and it’s down, many women start planning for kids, may stop medications, if any, such factors.) Hope it is not the case. A really sad situation, and I wish her and her family well, and still hope for good news.

That’s my first question. Is there a pool? A Hawaiian girl, probably likes to swim, accidents happen during swimming.

But that’s somewhat far-fetched as nowadays, people would take their cellphones everywhere. I don’t know if one can determine where her phone last pinged.

I am afraid that she left the phone in the apartment indicating that she didn’t want to be found. I don’t know why, but I view it as a slight possibility.

I Googled the area (it looks safe). As opposed to Portland (the Northern one where we stayed for a night recently obviously went downhill). Of course one bad person is enough to make any area unsafe, but still there is hope.

Because it is a safe neighborhood, I hope there are cameras and arriving cars can be seen.
I do believe most pools close after Labor Day weekend but even if it was still open surely someone else would have found her by now. I'm wondering too if the phone has been found because if it was in her apartment building that would be even more perplexing...do we know if she had her phone and/or purse with her or if they found them in the apartment? I too hope there is some camera footage in and around the building. Its always so scary when someone just vanishes out of thin air and what are the odds to go missing just a couple days after arriving home from your wedding...

Did she seem happy to be getting married? Curious about cell phone data/pings/ texts, how was mood in general? Any hx of depression?
Just a feeling.
- mental health has taken a nosedive post Covid, especially in young people. Too seriously to not notice.
- Melissa is Philippino-American, and there is Wiki about their mental health in general. Young people are more prone to look for help, but consider the main protective factor, Catholicism, being removed, so it may be a group of unrecognized concern.
- JMO, about weddings, we all are humans and naturally have periods of high energy that we may unknowingly exhaust. Wedding planning is such a huge event that everyone needs a rest after the wedding. I don’t know a single bride that has had good sleep for the month before the wedding. But if people have been together for a long time, many start planning for childbearing immediately, and it may have own factors. Even getting off birth control may have unexpected effects. These are general factors to consider and hopefully, is not Melissa’s case.

This morning's search wrapped up about 9 a.m. Family and friends are meeting again at 7:30 this evening and are asking for help.

SEP 6, 2024

Family, friends, community members hold search for missing Beaverton woman​

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awesomewallflower