Jason Young to get new trial

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But he DID hide in Meredith's bedroom....Le were there, wanting to talk to him....he wouldn't even come out of her bedroom. This is per testimony. In ANY case where a spouse is found murdered do you not think the FIRST person LE wants to speak with is the other spouse?

Jason left Raleigh immediately after Michelle's funeral, taking Cassidy and yes, he was indeed hiding with Mommy! What made him begin to limit visits with the ONLY family Cassidy had related to her Mother? Why were visits supervised for heavens sake????

What was he supposed to do????? An innocent man would have welcomed contact between his daughter and the grandmother and aunt she was used to seeing on a regular basis. Shame on him for this atrocity!!! An innocent man would have spoken to LE as the spouse has more info than anyone else regarding her habits, customs, etc not to mention the house. Yes, he had an attorney....yes that same attorney could have been present when he answered simple questions like MOST spouses would do. This is NORMAL protocol.

JY hoped to cash in on Michelle's million+ insurance....but he didn't.....couldn't. JY found other employment.....Jy attempted Nursing School. OH, and he played basketball...lots of basketball....."You came here for THAT?"

You ARE so right...MANY of us do indeed understand and know why JY stayed away from LE......he knew he was guilty of slaughtering his wife and unborn son!!
Why you don't talk to police:
http://youtu.be/6wXkI4t7nuc

And if my murdered wife's family was accusing me of murdering my wife, I wouldn't want my children around them either. They might be planning on snatching them up and hiding them. The Fishers were pushing the investigators to dig into JY.

Sent from your mom's smartphone

In the beginning...the VERY beginning.....all LE wanted to do was ask the simple questions asked.....Michelle's habits, did he speak with her? did they have enemies or suspicious people in their lives.....just normal stuff they ask in ANY case. In the car on the way to Raleigh from Mommy's house, he avoided any and all calls. JY's actions, JY hiding from LE, JY refusal to even speak one word with LE aroused their suspicions. Do you not think it would????? Then when LE processed the house, conducted their investigation, etc yes, he was INDEED a suspect.

In the beginning, the very early hours/days Michelle's family DID NOT consider him a suspect....JY's actiona made them suspect him. JY did INDEED take Cassidy away and made visitation next to impossible....this made them suspicious as well.

But in the beginning.....in the hours after Meredith found Michelle, JY hid from LE......he hid from questions. JY is guilty as sin........he slaughter his wife and unborn son, many of us know this INCLUDING JY!!

BBM
I am not sure if this was directed at my post where I wrote,
"What made Jason's trials interesting was the fact that prior to him taking the stand in his first trial, he made no, none, nada statements to LE. Not even so much as an I didn't do it. As a result, when he took the stand in his own defense, the state had no idea what the hell he was going to say.

However, by the second trial, his prior testimony came back to haunt him. The state was finally able to investigate "his story" and compare to the evidence ... and he was convicted."

As a fellow WS'er I can assure you that I am aware of the right to silence... I am use to seeing POI's (especially husbands) attempt to cooperate, or maybe talk to LE for a few minutes before lawyering up.

Please don't mistake the fact I found it interesting as to how it affected trial 1 versus 2 rather than ignorance of our right to silence.

I'm not a fan of sarcastic, passive aggressive remarks. :moo: :seeya:

Don't talk to police:

And how did his testimony come back to haunt him? I just watched day 12 & 13 of the retrial and I didn't see them tearing apart his testimony or proving he lied.

But he DID hide in Meredith's bedroom....Le were there, wanting to talk to him....he wouldn't even come out of her bedroom. This is per testimony. In ANY case where a spouse is found murdered do you not think the FIRST person LE wants to speak with is the other spouse?

Jason left Raleigh immediately after Michelle's funeral, taking Cassidy and yes, he was indeed hiding with Mommy! What made him begin to limit visits with the ONLY family Cassidy had related to her Mother? Why were visits supervised for heavens sake????

What was he supposed to do????? An innocent man would have welcomed contact between his daughter and the grandmother and aunt she was used to seeing on a regular basis. Shame on him for this atrocity!!! An innocent man would have spoken to LE as the spouse has more info than anyone else regarding her habits, customs, etc not to mention the house. Yes, he had an attorney....yes that same attorney could have been present when he answered simple questions like MOST spouses would do. This is NORMAL protocol.

JY hoped to cash in on Michelle's million+ insurance....but he didn't.....couldn't. JY found other employment.....Jy attempted Nursing School. OH, and he played basketball...lots of basketball....."You came here for THAT?"

You ARE so right...MANY of us do indeed understand and know why JY stayed away from LE......he knew he was guilty of slaughtering his wife and unborn son!!

Would it be possible to keep the custody issues out of the discussion? The Appeals court has made it clear his relationship with his wife's mother has no bearing on the case.

If JY was in the bedroom and cops knew he was there and Meredith knew he was there, that isn't hiding.

In investigating a murder, police usually have the evidence lead them. In this case, it lead them to Meredith and the last known person that saw her alive. What cops failed to do was to have a trained professional interview the child.

What I do find interesting is that cops found Shelly so quickly. Who knew she was with Michelle other than Jason?

Why you don't talk to police:

And if my murdered wife's family was accusing me of murdering my wife, I wouldn't want my children around them either. They might be planning on snatching them up and hiding them. The Fishers were pushing the investigators to dig into JY.

Good point that I hadn't considered.

I remember a rumor that police tried to speak to people at the trailer park that is behind the Young property. Given that there were unexplained noises outside the house at night, and Michelle's guest believed that someone was lurking outside the house on the night of the murder, it would be natural to explore whether anyone in the trailer park saw, or heard, something. I don't recall that anyone at the trailer park was considered a suspect.

I don't think that ever happened, that there was ever another suspect besides Jason Young. I have looked up numerous articles, read old posts on Message Boards and can't find anything to substantiate it, it may have been a rumor. I did find this about a mallet though, from back in May 2007.
http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/1373778/

Do you remember this, Otto? I kind of remember it but glossed over it.

Here's another question about the prosecution theory: prosecutors want people to believe that Jason used a rock to prop open the side door. That door was always unlocked at 6AM. Jason, per the prosecution, left the hotel at midnight for a 6 hour round trip, placing him back at the hotel between 6-7AM. Why would he need a rock to prop open a door that would not be locked when he returned after 6 hours?

Another thing that has never been properly explained: the receipt was slipped under the hotel room door at 4AM, and the newspaper was hung on the door handle. The prosecution theory requires that Jason's door was unlocked and unsecured when this was done. If it was unsecured, the door should have swung open when anyone touched the door. It's another point that simply doesn't add up.

Plus, I think both the receipt and the newspaper were found in his vehicle.

In the beginning...the VERY beginning.....all LE wanted to do was ask the simple questions asked.....Michelle's habits, did he speak with her? did they have enemies or suspicious people in their lives.....just normal stuff they ask in ANY case. In the car on the way to Raleigh from Mommy's house, he avoided any and all calls. JY's actions, JY hiding from LE, JY reful to even speak one word with LE aroused their suspicions. Do you not think it would????? Then when LE processed the house, conducted their investigation, etc yes, he was INDEED a suspect.

But in the beginning.....in the hours after Meredith found Michelle, JY hid from LE......he hid from questions. JY is guilty as sin........he slaughter his wife and unborn son, many of us know this INCLUDING JY!!

Police will twist your words, misquote you, and straight up lie. If you asked me what I did yesterday, I might get a few details wrong. Police and prosecutors will use those minor inconsistencies in your story to make you into a liar.

"Everything you say can and will be used AGAINST YOU" not for you.

I don't think that ever happened, that there was ever another suspect besides Jason Young. I have looked up numerous articles, read old posts on Message Boards and can't find anything to substantiate it, it may have been a rumor. I did find this about a mallet though, from back in May 2007.

ITA. There was a murder in that area that happened after Michelle's that involved a prominent school board member. iirc, the cops didn't pursue leads that focused on a stranger intruder until much later.

I vaguely recall the mallet and think it was planted by someone who wanted Jason arrested whether he was guilty or not.

No I don't know his name. Alot of info was on another forum that was started right after MY was killed. That forum no longer exist. I think that's where I got the info. So since I can't provide that link anymore, just ignore that. I know that RPD(name of a poster here) knows all the ins/outs of this. I don't think he has posted here in a while. He would be the correct one to ask all your questions to. Maybe with JY getting a new trial he will come back.

Thank you, I do remember lots of wild rumors that surrounded this case and others I have followed. I was just curious if he had a name, because I checked all over and I am rewatching parts of the trial, so I will gladly look it up, if you remember it. Now, you have my curiousity, lol.

Police will twist your words, misquote you, and straight up lie. If you asked me what I did yesterday, I might get a few details wrong. Police and prosecutors will use those minor inconsistencies in your story to make you into a liar.

"Everything you say can and will be used AGAINST YOU" not for you.

The cops will also coerce confessions and ignore evidence in order to quickly close a case. If my friends told me to lawyer up, I'd take their advice. If his friends had believed JY was guilty, I'd doubt they would have given that advice.

ITA. There was a murder in that area that happened after Michelle's that involved a prominent school board member. iirc, the cops didn't pursue leads that focused on a stranger intruder until much later.

I vaguely recall the mallet and think it was planted by someone who wanted Jason arrested whether he was guilty or not.

I agree, I just read a comment about this elsewhere, that the mallet could have been used to bring interest/attention to the case again. Maybe the investigation had stalled and someone was getting impatient. At any rate, the mallet had nothing to do with Michelle's murder. And, I really don't remember any other suspects or anyone brought in for questioning other than Young. Maybe someone else can help.

Thank you, I do remember lots of wild rumors that surrounded this case and others I have followed. I was just curious if he had a name, because I checked all over and I am rewatching parts of the trial, so I will gladly look it up, if you remember it. Now, you have my curiousity, lol.

or it could be similar to the Cooper case and cops may have told someone in the family or friends they investigated a lead but really didn't.

The investigations and prosecutions of both these cases were a disgraceful insult to the victims and their families.

In the beginning...the VERY beginning.....all LE wanted to do was ask the simple questions asked.....Michelle's habits, did he speak with her? did they have enemies or suspicious people in their lives.....just normal stuff they ask in ANY case. In the car on the way to Raleigh from Mommy's house, he avoided any and all calls. JY's actions, JY hiding from LE, JY refusal to even speak one word with LE aroused their suspicions. Do you not think it would????? Then when LE processed the house, conducted their investigation, etc yes, he was INDEED a suspect.

In the beginning, the very early hours/days Michelle's family DID NOT consider him a suspect....JY's actiona made them suspect him. JY did INDEED take Cassidy away and made visitation next to impossible....this made them suspicious as well.

Yes, but if he was told immediately by someone that he was being looked at for the murder of his wife, I can understand. I am trying to find out the timeline of when he hired an attorney and who that attorney was, because I think his legal team at the trials were public defenders, but I could be wrong.

I do remember the mallet, and I remember that it was dismissed - presumably because there was no blood evidence on the mallet. I also remember that police photographed the blood evidence in the bathroom, but they didn't put a scale in the photos so there was no way to determine the size of the evidence. They had to return months, or perhaps more than a year, later to photograph the bathroom with a scale. They also collected deck boards well after the murder in a search for shoe prints. They also left a tooth at the scene. I also seem to recall comments (from people that packed up the house) that a child's bloody socks and bed sheets were never collected.

If investigators thought that a stranger murdered Michelle, the child's socks and bed sheets could have contained DNA related to the murderer. If investigators thought that the husband murdered Michele, then the socks and sheets would be of no value.

This is a tunnel vision case.

I agree, I just read a comment about this elsewhere, that the mallet could have been used to bring interest/attention to the case again. Maybe the investigation had stalled and someone was getting impatient. At any rate, the mallet had nothing to do with Michelle's murder. And, I really don't remember any other suspects or anyone brought in for questioning other than Young. Maybe someone else can help.

iirc, the Young family hired a private investigator who found more evidence of an intruder and everything he turned over to police seems to have been totally ignored. Let's not forget that there were two different sized shoe prints found in blood at the crime scene.

Yes, but if he was told immediately by someone that he was being looked at for the murder of his wife, I can understand. I am trying to find out the timeline of when he hired an attorney and who that attorney was, because I think his legal team at the trials were public defenders, but I could be wrong.

The guy first consulted was a private attorney named Smith. I think the chief public defender handled his trial defense. He was good. He knew when to object and he immediately appealed. Even he could recognize the clear bias by the Judge. It was that obvious.

or it could be similar to the Cooper case and cops may have told someone in the family or friends they investigated a lead but really didn't.

The investigations and prosecutions of both these cases were a disgraceful insult to the victims and their families.

In all these cases, some of the most troubling parts of the investigation to me is the length of time and not seeking the death penalty.
Raven Abaroa-Janet- deceased-2005, 9 years later, mistrial, a plea bargain
Jason Young-Michelle-deceased-2006- 3years later an arrest and 2 trials,mistrial, convicted and overturned, almost 8 years now
Brad Cooper-Nancy-deceased 2008- 3 years later 2011 trial, convicted, and overturned, almost 6 years now.
I forgot my point here! How are witnesses supposed to recall 6-8 year testimony? How do the attorneys find anywhere in NC that have not heard of these cases? Are we looking at extra added expense of a change of venue?

The guy first consulted was a private attorney named Smith. I think the chief public defender handled his trial defense. He was good. He knew when to object and he immediately appealed. Even he could recognize the clear bias by the Judge. It was that obvious.

The judge should've recused himself after sitting in on the the civil and custody trials.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members