Jason Young to get new trial

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The judge should've recused himself after sitting in on the the civil and custody trials.

Sent from your mom's smartphone

I do remember this because the Judge's name was also on some of the search warrants.

I do remember the mallet, and I remember that it was dismissed - presumably because there was no blood evidence on the mallet. I also remember that police photographed the blood evidence in the bathroom, but they didn't put a scale in the photos so there was no way to determine the size of the evidence. They had to return months, or perhaps more than a year, later to photograph the bathroom with a scale. They also collected deck boards well after the murder in a search for shoe prints. They also left a tooth at the scene. I also seem to recall comments (from people that packed up the house) that a child's bloody socks and bed sheets were never collected.

If investigators thought that a stranger murdered Michelle, the child's socks and bed sheets could have contained DNA related to the murderer. If investigators thought that the husband murdered Michele, then the socks and sheets would be of no value.

This is a tunnel vision case

The link I just provided can, coincidentally, back that up as well.
"Six months after Young's death, authorities have not made any arrests. They have, however, focused on Young's husband, Jason Young, who has generally refused to speak to investigators".

It also sounds like he may have spoken to them after all, even briefly.

In all these cases, some of the most troubling parts of the investigation to me is the length of time and not seeking the death penalty.
Raven Abaroa-Janet- deceased-2005, 9 years later, mistrial, a plea bargain
Jason Young-Michelle-deceased-2006- 3years later an arrest and 2 trials,mistrial, convicted and overturned, almost 8 years now
Brad Cooper-Nancy-deceased 2008- 3 years later 2011 trial, convicted, and overturned, almost 6 years now.
I forgot my point here! How are witnesses supposed to recall 6-8 year testimony? How do the attorneys find anywhere in NC that have not heard of these cases? Are we looking at extra added expense of a change of venue?

I think it is quite possible they will request a change in venue. The media coverage by WRAL was incredibly biased against Jason. They did a version of a 48 hours with a simulated re-enactment. There also was a reporter who wrote a book and I think it was finished before the trial was over.

No, he did not speak to LE at all ever except for when they called him while he was enroute with his mommy back to Raleigh. He hung up on the police.

The only questions in my mind are whether Michelle Money had a solid alibi for that night (JY killed his wife, but I do wonder if there's a remote chance that someone else assisted). They sure were busy chatting it up the night before and the day after.

I also wonder why we have never ever seen BFF Ryan Schaad, the friend who told JY to get a lawyer, testify to anything. Josh Dalton and Shelly Schaad did. Ryan has been very conspicuously invisible during this entire time, yet he was the closest to JY.

No, he did jot speak to LE at all ever except for when they called him while he was entourage with his mommy back to Raleigh. He hung up on the police.

The only questions in my mind are whether Michelle Money had a solid alibi for that night (JY killed his wife, but I do wonder if there's a remote chance that someone else assisted). They sure were busy chatting it up the night before and the day after.

I also wonder why we have never ever seen BFF Ryan Schaad, the friend who told JY to get a lawyer, testify to anything. Josh Dalton and Shelly Schaad did. Ryan has been very conspicuously invisible during this entire time, yet he was the closest to JY.

There were two sets of shoe prints, so there were two people. MM was in another state and her alibi checked out.

One theory, JY drives down, kills wife. Accomplice cleans up CY and takes care of her. JY is already driving back to the HI.
But even this theory doesn't add up. There's absolutely no proof of JY conspiring with someone else. All records of his communications with other women are well documented and in evidence.

In investigating a murder, police usually have the evidence lead them. In this case, it lead them to Meredith and the last known person that saw her alive. What cops failed to do was to have a trained professional interview the child.

What I do find interesting is that cops found Shelly so quickly. Who knew she was with Michelle other than Jason?

I think Meredith told police that Shelly was there. She did call the house while Shelly was there that night.

You know what I find strange, speaking of no professional questioning C.? Linda testified that when she found out about Michelle, she called the airline to book a flight. Her second call was to C.'s pediatrician! I just found that odd given the shocking news. How did she even know the name of the pediatrician?

I would be surprised if they did a change of venue. I've never seen Wake county do that, though they should in Young and Cooper cases.

When discussing the drive from Raleigh to Hillsville, one must consider just how difficult that drive is, through Greensboro and then up 52 it gets really hilly and it's just a very stressful drive. I can't imagine anyone doing that twice in one night to include a brutal murder and then making it to a customer meeting at 10AM having had no sleep at all.

Plus, so many things could have happened to ruin this "alibi". He could have gotten a flat tire, broke down, got in an accident, speeding ticket, etc. ANY of those things and he's busted.

When discussing the drive from Raleigh to Hillsville, one must consider just how difficult that drive is, through Greensboro and then up 52 it gets really hilly and it's just a very stressful drive. I can't imagine anyone doing that twice in one night to include a brutal murder and then making it to a customer meeting at 10AM having had no sleep at all.

Plus, so many things could have happened to ruin this "alibi". He could have gotten a flat tire, broke down, got in an accident, speeding ticket, etc. ANY of those things and he's busted.

Three times in one night. To the hotel, back to the house, back to the hotel, to meeting where he looked fine.

No, he did not speak to LE at all ever except for when they called him while he was enroute with his mommy back to Raleigh. He hung up on the police.

Wasn't it Jason's brother in law that drove the vehicle when he returned to Raleigh after the murder?

I think Meredith told police that Shelly was there. She did call the house while Shelly was there that night.

You know what I find strange, speaking of no professional questioning C.? Linda testified that when she found out about Michelle, she called the airline to book a flight. Her second call was to C.'s pediatrician! I just found that odd given the shocking news. How did she even know the name of the pediatrician?

That is odd because CY wasn't in any way injured. I think Meredith took her to Target to buy clothes. What would be the point of calling a pediatrician?

That is odd because CY wasn't in any way injured. I think Meredith took her to Target to buy clothes. What would be the point of calling a pediatrician?

Honestly, I'm on the reasonable doubt side, but I'd do the same thing.

EDIT: to make sure the kid is ok
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I think BFF Schaad based his opinion that a lawyer was needed on his wife's interview with police. If he wasn't present or wasn't a witness, I'm not sure what else he could testify to.

Honestly, I'm on the reasonable doubt side, but I'd do the same thing.

EDIT: to make sure the kid is ok

But a paramedic checked out CY at the crime scene. Meredith knew she was ok. She went into Target, not the pediatrician's office. If she thought the pediatrician needed to see her, wouldn't she have to take her in to be checked out?

But a paramedic checked out CY at the crime scene. Meredith knew she was ok. She went into Target, not the pediatrician's office. If she thought the pediatrician needed to see her, wouldn't she have to take her in to be checked out?

EMTs have a certificate of training, not an associates, not a bachelors degree. I personally wouldn't trust them.

EMTs have a certificate of training, not an associates, not a bachelors degree. I personally wouldn't trust them.

Apparently Meredith trusted them. I would too, just because I'm aware of the extensive paramedic training they receive. A call to a pediatrician isn't going to result in anything other than a request to bring the child in so she could be examined.

Don't talk to police:
http://youtu.be/6wXkI4t7nuc

And how did his testimony come back to haunt him? I just watched day 12 & 13 of the retrial and I didn't see them tearing apart his testimony or proving he lied.

ty - where did you find day 12 and 13 of the retrial? Found it! WRAL.com - search top right.

A lot of ppl think he is innocent. Hard sell. What about the dog, Mr. G = Jason's dog?

Can't believe this, there is no other party who would have any vested interest in Michelle's death. The 4mm policy is really a bit suspicious. The constant blinking, squirming... awkward... this guy is def exhibiting susp. behavior.

Anyone know where to find the complete first trial? Trying to see his side of things, far from not guily , considering the evidence at this point, Im afraid.

He describes meaningless encounters, events, like looking for a usa today, with substantial detail - why the intense detail, in a cese concerning his wife's murder. Suspicious. Planned content,

Thanks,
G

The link I just provided can, coincidentally, back that up as well.
"Six months after Young's death, authorities have not made any arrests. They have, however, focused on Young's husband, Jason Young, who has generally refused to speak to investigators".

It also sounds like he may have spoken to them after all, even briefly.

JY never spoke to police. The only time he ever cooperated was when he was court ordered to come in for fingerprinting and etc....

I do remember the mallet, and I remember that it was dismissed - presumably because there was no blood evidence on the mallet. I also remember that police photographed the blood evidence in the bathroom, but they didn't put a scale in the photos so there was no way to determine the size of the evidence. They had to return months, or perhaps more than a year, later to photograph the bathroom with a scale. They also collected deck boards well after the murder in a search for shoe prints. They also left a tooth at the scene. I also seem to recall comments (from people that packed up the house) that a child's bloody socks and bed sheets were never collected.If investigators thought that a stranger murdered Michelle, the child's socks and bed sheets could have contained DNA related to the murderer. If investigators thought that the husband murdered Michele, then the socks and sheets would be of no value.

This is a tunnel vision case.

BBM

Do you have a link for this? JY family packed up that house. I will not believe anything they say unless sourced. His sister was on message boards early after the crime. It's funny though, to know so much so was never asked to testify a during the trial? wonder why?

I think it is quite possible they will request a change in venue. The media coverage by WRAL was incredibly biased against Jason. They did a version of a 48 hours with a simulated re-enactment. There also was a reporter who wrote a book and I think it was finished before the trial was over.

Amanda lamb covered this trial but she didn't write a book about Michelle. She wrote one about Nancy Cooper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member