OR OR - Melissa Marie Jubane, 32, Beaverton, 4 September 2024 *nurse, didn't show up for work at hospital*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I’ve had similar thoughts, and total speculation but it would be my guess what you suggest is likely. I also think they would be asking for more direct searches or known sightings, or asking for info from those who know Melissa if they didn’t already have a somewhat solid lead or idea of what happened.
I also think the family and husband not making statements aside from saying they do not want to interfere with the active investigation could potentially be a clue that they all have a bit more info than is being publicly released.
Again- all complete speculation and opinion.

All i can say, I don’t know them, but I wish her family, her husband and his family patience and strength. Must be a horrible time, searching and waiting.

I lived in her area for nearly 30 years, up until last October. I wonder if she was a runner, especially before work. Nike World Headquarters is across the road from her. I used to go running on a path that runs very, very close to her apartment, as well as running on the Nike campus itself. There is always someone running around, but I would run at 5:30 in the morning, so I was cognizant to always be out closer to busy roads and not stick to the path that early. I never had an issue with anyone. The path is called Powerline Trail. It runs for a few miles, somewhat desolate if it is early morning. Plus there is a wooded area across from Nike on Jenkins/Baseline that a trail runs through and a lot of Nike employees run through there, usually in groups as it is pretty dense woods and there used to be a homeless camp years ago. Since her car was there and I think I heard the front door was locked, it would make sense she left on foot, either for a walk or a run and then something happened to her. The neighborhood is nice, mostly apartments and a few upscale long term hotels. Nike, of course. Nike World Headquarters looks like a college campus. (Hubby has worked there since 1987.) Quite beautiful, so nice looking business parks surround the area.

I lived in her area for nearly 30 years, up until last October. I wonder if she was a runner, especially before work. Nike World Headquarters is across the road from her. I used to go running on a path that runs very, very close to her apartment, as well as running on the Nike campus itself. There is always someone running around, but I would run at 5:30 in the morning, so I was cognizant to always be out closer to busy roads and not stick to the path that early. I never had an issue with anyone. The path is called Powerline Trail. It runs for a few miles, somewhat desolate if it is early morning. Plus there is a wooded area across from Nike on Jenkins/Baseline that a trail runs through and a lot of Nike employees run through there, usually in groups as it is pretty dense woods and there used to be a homeless camp years ago. Since her car was there and I think I heard the front door was locked, it would make sense she left on foot, either for a walk or a run and then something happened to her. The neighborhood is nice, mostly apartments and a few upscale long term hotels. Nike, of course. Nike World Headquarters looks like a college campus. (Hubby has worked there since 1987.) Quite beautiful, so nice looking business parks surround the area.
I didn't know her, but she went to a Catholic church nearby and I have a lot of friends who go to that church and some know her.

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

If that was her leaving the apartment at 6:30, it seems too late to be going out running if you have to be at work at 7:00 am.

Last edited by a moderator:
If she felt she was being stalked or such, her brother is in the area and would certainly be available. Her husband is really only about 3 hours drive away if she really needed him and he could get an emergency leave.

I think whatever happened, she was surprised that morning and it was just around that very tight timeframe of 6:30. I sure hope there is good video and that she can be found quickly.

The husband’s mother told KHON2 that the couple met about 10 years ago when Jubane was visiting Hawaii with her friends from Washington.

From there, Jubane and him would travel back and forth to see each other.

She said the couple flew home from the wedding on Aug. 31, but didn’t land until the early morning hours of Sept. 1.

From there, the newlyweds enjoyed Labor Day off, and on Tuesday Jubane went to work. But when she didn’t show up on Wednesday, her co-workers grew concerned.

Beaverton police said they searched her apartment complex Wednesday night and used a blood hound to search the property. They spoke to residents and found that she has made no phone calls and has not used her credit cards.

The husband’s mother told KHON2 that the couple met about 10 years ago when Jubane was visiting Hawaii with her friends from Washington.

From there, Jubane and him would travel back and forth to see each other.

She said the couple flew home from the wedding on Aug. 31, but didn’t land until the early morning hours of Sept. 1.

From there, the newlyweds enjoyed Labor Day off, and on Tuesday Jubane went to work. But when she didn’t show up on Wednesday, her co-workers grew concerned.

Beaverton police said they searched her apartment complex Wednesday night and used a blood hound to search the property. They spoke to residents and found that she has made no phone calls and has not used her credit cards.

So this sounds as though the couple returned to Beaverton together from Hawaii and spent Monday, Sept 2 together. She then went to work on Tuesday Sept 3 as scheduled.

So did her husband fly or drive back to his base in WA on Monday or Tuesday?

The KHON article I linked above says LE used bloodhounds to search the property. Did they search all five floors (hallways, public areas) of the apartment building or just the exterior?

That same article describes when they arrived home from Hawaii & when Melissa went back to work, but does not mention her husband. The natural flow would be to include that same information about him. There wouldn't need to be details of where he works, just when he went back - it's puzzling why he isn't mentioned. I'm NOT intimating anything, just an observation.

It sounds like Melissa may have worked twelve hour shifts (7-7). I bet she was pooped after work Tuesday, her first day back. Wish we knew details of what transpired between the time she got off Tuesday night at 7 PM - 6:30 AM when the door record occurs. Less than a twelve hour timeframe. No one has mentioned her cell phone and in all the comments I've seen in various places. I've seen no one mention talking to her that night. Only that she seemed normal at work that day.

I'm glad to hear this. Is there still a forensics vehicle at the complex?
I haven't seen any forensics vehicle - the last time I saw that it was 1.5ish years ago when a young woman was murdered by her husband. So I associate forensics with a crime scene, but I could be totally wrong! I'm unsure if a crime has been declared in this case. Right now, we have a Beaverton PD car outside, and part of the search party going around the building.

The KHON article I linked above says LE used bloodhounds to search the property. Did they search all five floors (hallways, public areas) of the apartment building or just the exterior?

That same article describes when they arrived home from Hawaii & when Melissa went back to work, but does not mention her husband. The natural flow would be to include that same information about him. There wouldn't need to be details of where he works, just when he went back - it's puzzling why he isn't mentioned. I'm NOT intimating anything, just an observation.

It sounds like Melissa may have worked twelve hour shifts (7-7). I bet she was pooped after work Tuesday, her first day back. Wish we knew details of what transpired between the time she got off Tuesday night at 7 PM - 6:30 AM when the door record occurs. Less than a twelve hour timeframe. No one has mentioned her cell phone and in all the comments I've seen in various places. I've seen no one mention talking to her that night. Only that she seemed normal at work that day.

I agree. It might be helpful to know when he departed from the apartment. And there is no mention of whether she talked to him when she returned to the apartment from work, or if they texted and communicated the morning she seems to have disappeared. Perhaps it's not considered important, but it's just one of those LE omissions that seem odd.

I think the other things that occur to me: They had been gone for about two weeks. Did she go to the grocery store by herself Tuesday night? Did she go pick up food or get a food delivery Tuesday night? Did she do laundry? Is there documentation she returned to the apartment and slept there Tuesday night or did she disappear earlier on Tuesday? I truly hope there is a quick answer for everyone.

One more thing, detectives are still on site. They've been here for the last 3 days, working tirelessly and not taking any breaks. We've also had news stations parked outside to get more information.
I apologize if this has been asked, but I'm at a location with weak wi-fi. I saw on Facebook that all units in the complex were searched by LE. Is that true?

I haven't seen any forensics vehicle - the last time I saw that it was 1.5ish years ago when a young woman was murdered by her husband. So I associate forensics with a crime scene, but I could be totally wrong! I'm unsure if a crime has been declared in this case. Right now, we have a Beaverton PD car outside, and part of the search party going around the building.
Oh, okay. Reportedly, there was one there but it's a little unclear as to when. Maybe it wasn't there long. MOO

Beaverton police confirm Jubane lives at Baseline 158. A forensic science unit truck with the Washington County Sheriff’s Office was seen at the building...

Hey all, this is close to me. I went to the search tonight run by her friends. Here's what I know: Her apartment complex has a gated parking entry in the middle of the apartments (or condos). She lived on the 5th floor. Only people who live on the 5th floor can park on the 5th floor. She always drove to work. She always left around 6:30. Supposedly, the FOB to her apartment showed her using it at 6:30 AM and her phone turned off at 7 AM. Her car is still in the parking garage. Meaning if her FOB locked her front door at 6:30 AM, she never made it to her car. Keep in mind the FOB information and phone turned off at 7 AM is information friends told me during the search not verified by police.

Per friends, she is responsible. She wouldn't 'walk away.' Her husband's name is Bryan Llantero. He is supposedly on active duty in Bremerton, WA (the Navy I believe). They returned from their honeymoon on Sunday, spent Labor Day (Monday) together, and Melissa worked on Tuesday at St. Vincent's Hospital.

What I find odd is that there is no mention when Bryan left for Bremerton. Was it Tuesday morning? Night?

At the search, I didn't ask who was who in terms of the folks passing out missing flyers and having us search the area, as I felt it would be disrespectful and no one introduced themselves. Mostly it seemed to be Providence employees and her friends.

If the husband has an alibi, then whoever took poor Melissa had to have access to not only the building, but the 5th floor. It is certainly possible she was stalked by someone who timed her movements and took her in their car or into their apartment. (I have a personal horror story of a neighbor being kidnapped this way).

If the husband doesn't have an alibi, this is not good news. I don't know one way or the other because the family isn't talking to the press. There were three news stations at our search covering the story. I hope that she is found soon. I will keep you all posted with what I hear. It's a very sad, strange story, especially because she lives in a very new building with high security.

I apologize if this has been asked, but I'm at a location with weak wi-fi. I saw on Facebook that all units in the complex were searched by LE. Is that true?
I asked tonight in the search, because years ago my neighbor was kidnapped at gunpoint by another neighbor and held hostage for 3 days. Miracuously, she convinced him to let her go after raping and torturing her for 3 days.
So it's always on my mind that the apartments should all be searched. I have heard they knocked on doors and talked to neighbors. I haven't heard that they actually went inside all the units and searched. There was a police vehicle parked outside the complex tonight when I went by on my way home.

includes video of them dancing at their wedding and interview with her mother-in-law
They arrived back in "Pacific Northwest" on Sunday and she drove to Beaverton after spending Labor Day together. Since he works in WA would it make more sense that they landed in Seattle rather than Portland? Google search says it's about a 3 hr drive. It is probably irrelevant what airport they landed at but there has been no mention of her husband driving back to WA.

No, as they didn't search mine.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hernak