Jason Young to get new trial

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I'm not buying that theory about him wearing the size 10 shoes, then changing them at the crime scene. Why? Why would he have done that? Why not change his shoes outside when he got to his car?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

So true, why put on your shoes and then walk through a bloody crime scene? And, where exactly did he put his shoes on? In the closet?

Jova, there is a photo of the inside of Young's SUV seized the night he came back to Raleigh @WRAL.
Here is the link.

http://www.wral.com/specialreports/michelleyoung/image_gallery/9760559/

Over the top as far as them using this as evidence? I don't know. I think it's acceptable as far as evidence goes. It was really mean. I certainly wouldn't tolerate someone speaking to me that way. However, the holes in the State's case can't be ignored. Their theory just doesn't work. I can't get past all the problems with their case.

Evidence in portraying the Youngs had a bad marriage was abundant in a lot of ways throughout the trial.
And, no one is defending the way Jason talked or treated Michelle. The words were harsh and he clearly was upset.

Where's the pictures of what's inside the bags?

Sent from your mom's smartphone

No telling and I never heard anything more at either trial, I have been doing a lot of catching up, reading at WRAL and different forums , I will let you know if I find an answer. Today I re-watched Gracie testify, Trial 1 and 2. I just don't like how polished she was for the second trial, makes me think she got special treatment for a special witness. Leaves me with a really weird feeling. JMO

So true, why put on your shoes and then walk through a bloody crime scene? And, where exactly did he put his shoes on? In the closet?

Jova, there is a photo of the inside of Young's SUV seized the night he came back to Raleigh @WRAL.
Here is the link.

Wonder how two people would make tracks upstairs but none anywhere else?

I think the dog would have been even more difficult with two strangers around.

What two people had a reason to beat her like that? Pure overkill IMO.

Was it a theft attempt gone wrong? So they killed her by beating her head in?

Was it an attempted rape gone wrong? So he/they didn't rape her and instead beat her head in?

I don't see it.

There are some photos of the back of the truck. I saw brown slip-on shoes there and I'm sure those would have been the ones he wore to Cracker Barrel and to me this nullifies any "missing" Hushpuppy shoes of JY's since it was just a short trip and surely he didn't take two pairs of slip on shoes with him.

Re: the shirt - I don't believe the family did anything. I think the defense found that photo of what potentially could have been the shirt but again, it is not their job to produce this item.

We wouldn't be discussing this at all if police had photographed each item from his suitcase immediately upon seizing the vehicle. Then they wait over two years to decide to search for it. It's unacceptable.

Think about this too - He intentionally walks around in the lobby wearing that and then what? He's risking being seen entering the building that morning in a different shirt. Forget about the tilted camera. He still would have had to walk past other cameras to get to his room. The story just doesn't hold up. It's sad that he was convicted over that damn shirt.

What cameras were going to see him in a different shirt. IMO he knew exactly where the cameras were and how the doors operated.

He might have studied up on that stuff while puffing a cigar in the parking lot.

Just kidding there. :blushing:

Here is the link.

This means nothing in relation to all of this (I think)-

Why does he have so much luggage for a one day trip?
I see 2 suitcases, not to mention all the other junk in back of that truck.
For an overnight trip you pretty much need nothing but a small bag.

Was their actually things packed in both of those suitcases or were they just empty and in there because... I don't know why, but just because, lol (some people just accumulate clutter, could be the case).

fvv8tf.jpg

10muamg.jpg

ETA- Although, just thinking about this....Whenever we go on a trip of even short duration we always get all the clutter out of the car/trunk/back of truck, etc.

Wasn't he going someplace else after his appointment?

Plus, got to have a home bag and an 'away' ;) .

Just kidding again.

This means nothing in relation to all of this (I think)-

Why does he have so much luggage for a one day trip?
I see 2 suitcases, not to mention all the other junk in back of that truck.

ETA- Although, just thinking about this....Whenever we go on a trip of even short duration we always get all the clutter out of the car/trunk/back of truck, etc.

This was after Jason returned to Raleigh, and that was not all his luggage,.His sister, brother in law, and his Mother all had their stuff in there too. You know what is not in there, though? No blood, no hair, no fibers, nothing to connect him to the murder of Michelle Young.

If his/her blood, hair or fibers are in the vehicle... there is that old excuse that it was their vehicle.

This was after Jason returned to Raleigh, and that was not all his luggage,.His sister, brother in law, and his Mother all had their stuff in there too. You know what is not in there, though? No blood, no hair, no fibers, nothing to connect him to the murder of Michelle Young.

And the vehicle wasn't cleaned. Both shoe prints stepped in the blood.

New theory. He wore the size 10 shoes there, changed into the Hush Puppy shoes, then drove back to the hotel barefoot. Since he was barefoot when he went into the gas station he lost a foot of height, and that's why Gracie said he was slightly taller. She just didn't look at his feet! It all makes sense now. And if he put the vehicle in neutral on all the downhill portions, he could've coasted and hit that 45 MPG to make the trip. Boom! Case solved.

Wonder how two people would make tracks upstairs but none anywhere else?

I think the dog would have been even more difficult with two strangers around.

What two people had a reason to beat her like that? Pure overkill IMO.

Was it a theft attempt gone wrong? So they killed her by beating her head in?

Was it an attempted rape gone wrong? So he/they didn't rape her and instead beat her head in?

I don't see it.

I've been thinking more about the dog. There is no evidence the dog was in that house. There should have been bloody paw prints and the dog would have needed to eliminate after so many hours in the house. The dog wasn't there.

Think about it. None of the first responders mention seeing the dog. MF said the dog exited the house with them so what happened to the dog? She didn't bother to secure him in the fenced yard. Where was he? The neighbor found him later that day. He had no blood on him. I believe the killers set him loose before the murder took place. That is the only thing that makes sense. The story about the dog being in the house has to be a lie.

Sorry but it's not taken out of context. This is from the lips of JY. All she had asked him was to pick up THEIR child. She was working. He was between jobs. She shouldn't have to ask him to pick up CY.Michelle didn't ask him to stop so she could go to work. She was already at work and their child needed to be picked up. What makes more sense. Hmmm...for someone to leave work or for the parent who isn't working to pick up the child? Make excuses all you want of him but my husband would never talk to me like this. Pissed because the power is out is one thing but to say he could kill me? Plus I would like to know what happened in MB? If he can make threats about something as benign as yard work I hate to hear what he said on a more serious argument. JLY is a jerk and MY deserved better, imo.

Thank you...........she did deserve better. If she'd never met the SOB she would be alive today.

The illogical circular arguments that get used are quite hilarious. Something along the lines of:

1. Don't understand how xyz could have happened....it makes no sense. Never believed it.

2. Therefore, since it makes no sense, xyz didn't happen! Not at all. It doesn't exist. It's fabricated evidence. Besides, if it did happen, then, c should also have happened and since there's no proof that c also happened, then the xyz evidence is completely fabricated. It's a conspiracy.

3. And even if there is testimony or circumstantial evidence that supports xyz happening, it still can't be right. Because xyz doesn't make sense. And circumstantial evidence can't be trusted and testimony can't be trusted. Therefore xyz didn't happen. Nothing anyone says can change this. It didn't happen.

4. And anyone who said otherwise on the witness stand lied, all of them. They made it all up. It's fabricated.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

Please, please don't start this "Meredith bashing" again. While you may have your views on Meredith, please remember this ONE thing. She is the ONLY parental figure Cassidy has now. One day Cassidy is going to read all this........reading about her daddy's slaughter of her Mommy is going to the massive enough on her psyche. Please don't add a character assasination of her Aunt Meredith to the mix!

And remember this too: Jason chose to hand full time physical custody of his beloved daughter to Meredith. She wanted visitation, as any loving aunt would want. He handed over 100% physical custody.

Finally, WS is a victim-friendly site. Pointing fingers at family members or friends and insinuating (or outright stating) they had something to do with the crime is not allowed, per the TOS.

I don't think anyone can argue they had an ideal marriage, but the part about wanting to kill her because she wouldn't let him cut the grass, is a bit over the top. Especially in light of the fact that someday she would be murdered and he would be arrested.

It wasn't literal. It's an example of the hostility JY had toward Michelle. Its yet another part of the entirety of the vast amount of circumstantial evidence in this case. See, to me, his behaviors toward his wife scream: "I hate you!"

The illogical circular arguments that get used are quite hilarious. Something along the lines of:

1. Don't understand how xyz could have happened....it makes no sense. Never believed it.

2. Therefore, since it makes no sense, xyz didn't happen! Not at all. It doesn't exist. It's fabricated evidence. Besides, if it did happen, then, c should also have happened and since there's no proof that c also happened, then the xyz evidence is completely fabricated. It's a conspiracy.

3. And even if there is testimony or circumstantial evidence that supports xyz happening, it still can't be right. Because xyz doesn't make sense. And circumstantial evidence can't be trusted and testimony can't be trusted. Therefore xyz didn't happen. Nothing anyone says can change this. It didn't happen.

4. And anyone who said otherwise on the witness stand lied, all of them. They made it all up. It's fabricated.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

Please be specific about what you are referring to. I believe you are suggesting that we are to trust Gracie's testimony. I think it's worthy of back and forth discussion because if you think it is trustworthy after the way that she described him, there is a problem with objectivity.

Please, please don't start this "Meredith bashing" again. While you may have your views on Meredith, please remember this ONE thing. She is the ONLY parental figure Cassidy has now. One day Cassidy is going to read all this........reading about her daddy's slaughter of her Mommy is going to the massive enough on her psyche. Please don't add a character assination of her Aunt Meredith to the mix!

No bashing is occurring, just discussing the facts of the case. Would anyone wish to discuss the dog, or should we just ignore it? These unresolved facts are a problem. I would really like to know everyone's thoughts on the situation with the dog because it's important to understanding what happened.

No bashing is occurring, just discussing the facts of the case. Would anyone wish to discuss the dog, or should we just ignore it? These unresolved facts are a problem. I would really like to know everyone's thoughts on the situation with the dog because it's important to understanding what happened.

With the dog, I'd like to know if there was a dog gate or something confining the dog to the kitchen and mud room. That's the only thing that would make sense. There's no dog prints anywhere, So unless there was something preventing the dog from roaming the house, I don't see how there's no paw prints.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member