Found Deceased Jay Slater, 19, missing on holiday in Tenerife, 17 June 2024 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought she had her own car? Did she call the police before or after? Do you have a link?

Not long after Jay first disappeared an American woman offered to give Lucy a lift up into the mountains where he was last seen so she could look for him.

An emotional Lucy said: "We drove around all day", but there was "literally no sign of him anywhere"

If JS contacted L and said he was lost, why would she report him missing to the Police? If she got his location why report him as missing to Police so soon? If someone is lost would you not just say stay where you are (if you knew their location) and I will come and pick you up? Was he in some kind of trouble, a situation that he had to get away from quickly? I still can’t understand why the woman was the only person to see him after he left that house.

Was it the police or the British Embassy she contacted? I read conflicting accounts online.

Did he say something on the phone that made her think his safety and well-being was at risk? I think in the UK someone has to be missing for a certain period of time unless there are at risk concerns? It just seems odd that she would report him as missing so soon. If he was lost it would have been a case of picking him up, making sure he stayed put if she knew the location. Only one person saw him after he left the house. When his phone pinged, would that have been when he was on the actual phone or not during a call?
Her account varies a bit, from one news site to another, but it was that he said he was in the middle of nowhere, cut his leg on a cactus, couldn't return to where he'd just left because he didn't know where he was, needed a drink. In one account, she said he was hot (but it wasn't hot up there). In retrospect, she said he seemed distressed and now wondered if it was because he was lost or over something else. She was distressed, for him, so it's hard to say if her perceptions about him influenced her accounts. In other accounts she talked about him having no food or water. Was that her projecting her worry? Dunno. All I know is that he'd just dropped a pic on Snapchat, less than an hour before, at the house, smoking a cig, so it doesn't seems like he'd be starving or dying of thirst right after.

Her account varies a bit, from one news site to another, but it was that he said he was in the middle of nowhere, cut his leg on a cactus, couldn't return to where he'd just left because he didn't know where he was, needed a drink. In one account, she said he was hot (but it wasn't hot up there). In retrospect, she said he seemed distressed and now wondered if it was because he was lost or over something else. She was distressed, for him, so it's hard to say if her perceptions about him influenced her accounts. In other accounts she talked about him having no food or water. Was that her projecting her worry? Dunno. All I know is that he'd just dropped a pic on Snapchat, less than an hour before, at the house, smoking a cig, so it doesn't seems like he'd be starving or dying of thirst right after.

If he were to follow that map on his phone though it does take him north then verges east then down to Santiago de tiede (south) on foot.

It actually all makes sense that he has took that route, his batt was dying and he got lost. I think everything else could be smoke and mirrors here even I was getting side tracked but now I think I am set in the opinion he got lost and sadly well I don’t want to type it.

I may change my mind again!

I thought she had her own car? Did she call the police before or after? Do you have a link?
Lucy was able to track down the house visited by Jay after the festival by tracing a snapchat picture, The Mirror reports. An American woman drove Lucy up into the rocky terrain where they found a house which matched the photo.

Was it the police or the British Embassy she contacted? I read conflicting accounts online.
She contacted the local police. She said they hung up on her, possibly because of the language barrier, so she then went to the station in person. There she said they gave a her form to fill out, which was the same form she'd been given when she'd lost her phone (dunno when that was). For that reason, she felt there no sense of urgency on their part. That was all on Monday.

Did he say something on the phone that made her think his safety and well-being was at risk? I think in the UK someone has to be missing for a certain period of time unless there are at risk concerns? It just seems odd that she would report him as missing so soon. If he was lost it would have been a case of picking him up, making sure he stayed put if she knew the location. Only one person saw him after he left the house. When his phone pinged, would that have been when he was on the actual phone or not during a call?
BBM If she waited to report him missing, people would be suspicious of her for that as well.

If I am in a foreign country, do not speak the language, do not know the area, do not know how to get around....... then when my friend calls and says they don't know where they are, they are in the middle of nowhere, and their phone is about to die......yeah I would probably call the cops for help. She was going to have no way to speak with him. No way to know if he stayed put, and I'm assuming she didn't have a way to get there immediately. MOO

Thread is closed.

Lot of stuff being posted and discussed here about screenshots and videos for which nobody has posted a link.

Use report to send me a link to an APPROVED source of all these screenshots & videos that you all are discussing.

If I've somehow missed the links, send me the link to the post in which they appear.

Last edited:
MOD NOTE:
Anything posted by administrators of the OFFICIAL Facebook page can be discussed.

A member sent me this single article Jay Slater dances topless in bombshell new video filmed hours before he vanished so what is on that page can be discussed. If it's in MSM it can be discussed - if you provide a link.

Screenshot? Only if it's from an approved source and only if you can provide a link.
Photo? Only if it's from an approved source and only if you can provide a link.

If you want to discuss things for which you can not provide an approved link, make a discussion, invite up to 20 other members and talk about whatever you want. Just don't talk about it on the thread - this includes any invitations, announcements etc about a private group conversation.

Thread is open.

I came here this morning intending to say that Jay looked like a lovely lad, but possibly a tad immature and naive, which may have made him a bit vulnerable, and got him into trouble. Well! The latest revelations about his past have, let's say, slightly altered that opinion. Quite frankly, I now don't know what to think, or what/who to believe. Now it appears that anything is possible (a phrase from an old song keeps running through my mind - "things are seldom what they seem").

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicejean1980