Found Deceased Jay Slater, 19, missing on holiday in Tenerife, 17 June 2024 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do wonder how much longer the Spanish police will pump resources into this case - there’s only so many days they can keep this up.
You've got to think that mainly depends on whether they're considering the possibility of foul play. The existence - if true - of a parallel investigation alongside the SAR effort suggests to me that's on the table.

Jay Slater: ‘Parallel operation’ being conducted with information ‘not being shared’ (sorry about the source, first one that came to hand)

If he’s watching the euros then he’s almost certainly watching the news too, even if it’s just Sky headlines or Spanish news.
It makes no sense he’d be casually watching football whilst knowing there’s a massive search going on for him on that same island.
Talk about hiding in plain sight!
Highly unlikely to be him imho, but it could be possible he consumed so many drugs/so much alcohol that he has no recollection of the last weekend, or even who his friends are, either that or he had a fall that given him amnesia about his time in Tenerife, or who he spent time with, or something

But 1% chance it is him I would say

When was Jay Statler supposed to fly back to the UK from Tenerife?
Further to this, Ms Duncan has said she has Jay's passport. The mum added she wasn’t expecting him to reappear and turn up for his plane home, although it is unclear when his return journey was or is scheduled

Highly unlikely to be him imho, but it could be possible he consumed so many drugs/so much alcohol that he has no recollection of the last weekend, or even who his friends are, either that or he had a fall that given him amnesia about his time in Tenerife, or who he spent time with, or something
Amnesia, drug-induced or injury-induced, is not impossible, but it would be pretty unlikely to have affected him in this way. I assume he has access to his own ID, others around him would also recognise him and say "hey, you're that guy everyone's looking for," and if he lost his memory he'd probably find a policeman or a doctor and say "help, I've lost my memory."

Don't we keep seeing it reported that they offered him a drive back to his hotel, but understandably, later in the day after they had slept and recovered from their night out.

I dont see that as failure to look out for him. I think that would be quite reasonable and it wasn't their responsibility to babysit him until then. I would also assume that later, when they would be able to go back to the major town he just wasnt around so they tried calling him and go no answer on his phone, so they assumed he had found his own way back.
The 2 men at the air bnb said they had offered him a lift but that may not have been true? Perhaps they said that out of guilt that he was lost/missing?

No she didnt have a car. Someone offered her a lift
That’s right. I don’t think we can screenshot it here but hopefully can cite it… Lucy’s first post was on the ‘I love Tenerife’ fb page. She shared the screenshot she said Jay had sent her and asked where it was.

Lots of people commented to help, and one lady offered to (and subsequently did) drive her to Masca, I believe it was with this woman that they identified the Airbnb, allegedly from Jay’s Snapchat photo (the one with the colourful blanket/curtain).

I don't think a drug deal as such would be done when someone has been out all night taking whatever as such, at daft o'clock in the morning, it's too risky, and you'd need someone be compus mentos imo
Speculation, they offered to drive him back later in the day Monday...

Based on what I've read, it seems like he was ready to get out of that airbnb, out of that area, fast--willing to walk 11 hrs. Why? He couldn't wait until later in the day, couldn't wait around for the bus, and it just SEEMS like going back to the airbnb wasn't an option. I've went back and forth between speculating why. I know the state of his thinking on that Monday has been questioned, due to potential drug use. That could have very well led to a false sense of danger or the urge to get up and go, go, go.

Or he could have changed his mind about whatever he was doing there and just wanted to leave. MOO.

Which I still don't understand why they let the two men from the air bnb leave so quickly. Curious to know what information they shared with police about Jay's state of mind that morning.

We need to establish what the involvement is with these two guys [he stayed with], why he went back to the Airbnb and then why just leave? The chances of him wandering off are possible, but is there more to this?".

Last edited:
Speculation, they offered to drive him back later in the day Monday...

Based on what I've read, it seems like he was ready to get out of that airbnb, out of that area, fast--willing to walk 11 hrs. Why? He couldn't wait until later in the day, couldn't wait around for the bus, and it just SEEMS like going back to the airbnb wasn't an option. I've went back and forth between speculating why. I know the state of his thinking on that Monday has been questioned, due to potential drug use. That could have very well led to a false sense of danger or the urge to get up and go, go, go.

Or he could have changed his mind about whatever he was doing there and just wanted to leave. MOO.

Which I still don't understand why they let the two men from the air bnb leave so quickly. Curious to know what information they shared with police about Jay's state of mind that morning.
I doubt they have much information they could give really, he left the house voluntarily, they made no attempt to physically stop him from leaving, he wasn’t abducted for that very reason

Speaking before the family accepted his help, Mr Williams-Thomas had said he believes he can get answers for Jay's family within just three days. And he also vowed to "track down" the two British men that Jay is said to have stayed with at a holiday rental the night before he vanished. He had said: "Having feet on the ground and looking at the scenario and circumstances, I know I will get to the bottom of this in three days.

Speaking on Sunday, Mr Williams-Thomas had added: "It's a week on now - I need to get on the ground and get them answers. It's about finding Jay. I come with credibility, will work with them and Spanish police, and get them the answers they need. We need to establish what the involvement is with these two guys [he stayed with], why he went back to the Airbnb and then why just leave? The chances of him wandering off are possible, but is there more to this?".
Right.
Never one to miss the limelight.
Ref (Nicola Bulley fame)

Maybe another lucrative documentary in the making for the celebrity TV copper. I'm waiting in earnest for the usual camera shot, pensive, looking out to sea gaze.
Has he ever solved a crime? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Maybe another lucrative documentary in the making for the celebrity TV copper. I'm waiting in earnest for the usual camera shot, pensive, looking out to sea gaze.
Has he ever solved a crime? :rolleyes:
nope..

"Internet sleuths fly to Tenerife

to join Jay Slater hunt:

TikTokers film themselves trekking through mountain scrubland

looking for 19-year-old -

as wild conspiracy theories spread

in chilling echo of Nicola Bulley case."

:oops:

1719346278938.png

Status
Not open for further replies.