Spain Jay Slater, 19, missing on holiday in Tenerife, 17 June 2024 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
So much speculation, so many rumours - and more trolls than the Nicola Bulley case.

Not really a case I am following too closely due to the background. A lot I think is suss.

This for one:

Lucy said she raised the alarm at 9am but local police have told MailOnline they were not alerted until later in the afternoon on June 17 and pointed out they would not have launched an immediate search without significant time passing.
Anyone know the truth?

So much speculation, so many rumours - and more trolls than the Nicola Bulley case.

Not really a case I am following too closely due to the background. A lot I think is suss.

This for one:

Lucy said she raised the alarm at 9am but local police have told MailOnline they were not alerted until later in the afternoon on June 17 and pointed out they would not have launched an immediate search without significant time passing.
Anyone know the truth?

She called first and got hung up on, went in person to the police station later on with the American woman who drove her around looking for the airbnb.

Williams-Thomas said: "It is not the best of images. Yes it could possibly be him, but if you walk around this area here, you will see an awful lot of young men who look like Jay, dress like Jay and have the skin fade like Jay.”

He continued: "One of the things that causes me concern, is where has he been in those eight hours before he ends up in that location. In order to get back to that village you would have to have walked on the road.

"We don't know where he goes. What we need to know is did anyone drive up that area on that morning? It's a busy area, both with tourists and locals, if you saw Jay let us know. Anybody, let us know."

I'm struggling to see the attraction of Tenerife tbh.
I go to Tenerife every year , mainly Costa Adeje . I love it. Always guaranteed great weather, cheap ( although like most places getting more expensive), the people are welcoming and friendly and I haven’t had one bad experience. Unfortunately, like everywhere in the world, there is bad people. We know that just by being on this site. If we were to worry about going anywhere because of the bad areas or the minority of wrong ones then we would never leave the house.

This is the other thing I found odd. Jay's Father remarked that it was out of character for his son to walk any kind of distance, stating that he'd have to drive him a few hundred yards just to get his hair cut. Why was he then prepared to walk however many miles he intended on walking to get wherever he intended on going when there was a bus stop quite literally on the doorstep?
What was so urgent that he couldn't wait for a bus, but justified (in his head) an enormous hike that would have taken significantly longer than a bus journey plus the wait? He had a map on his phone, so he would have been aware of the distance he might have had to travel.

In my own opinion, he was trying to get away from that AirBnB as quickly as possible.
I know this doesn’t change your point, but I’m pretty sure it was his stepdad who said that. IMO since I don’t have the link handy.

I have no problem believing this. Sounds like a thoroughly decent company who truly values their employees.
I used to work in a PRU (kids who have been excluded or at risk of being excluded from school) I’ve actually dealt with a similar case to Jays legal case where 9 children attacked a disabled man on a bus in Eccles (most kids are from Brinington Stockport) due to the man’s death all served some time inside - if you google you’ll know case I’m talking about.

3 of those 9 kids after sentencing have turned their lives around - mainly due to work opportunities - some teens just need work so I’d agree with Jays employers

Last edited:
Mark Williams-Thomas, a former Metropolitan Police officer who helped in the search for Nicola Bulley, says the case should have been treated as a "critical incident" from the start, and says he needs to speak to two "key people" who would have last seen Slater.

"These are the two men that took Jay back to that holiday rental in the hills," he told a press conference in Tenerife this afternoon

Well yeah MWT but they're currently in that popular Tenerife resort of....Playa de las Luton.

So back on that plane you go and stop interfering with the Spanish investigation.

The Spanish police are being very tight lipped about their investigation, which I appreciate we are not privy too. There must be so much more CCTV of JS on that night, especially around the busier areas of the strip and the nightclub he was in (i.e leaving the venue), walking to the car etc.

The Spanish police are being very tight lipped about their investigation, which I appreciate we are not privy too. There must be so much more CCTV of JS on that night, especially around the busier areas of the strip and the nightclub he was in (i.e leaving the venue), walking to the car etc.
And literally as I typed that….this appeared

Wow that was very interesting and WM-T comes off as deliberate, credible, and organized.

His comments about how he is going to find the two men from the guest house cannot be making the Guardia very happy. He's about to get into a problematic area of possibly exposing the two people , who were witness to his activities and behaviours prior to disappearance, to the beast of social media, when the Guardia no doubt are trying to collect any and all usable evidence on anyone that would stand up in any court proceeding or lawsuit.

I admire his intent but I don't like his threats of exposure and how he is operating outside of the limits of responsibility of LE.

* Edited to remove incorrect description.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member