Spain Jay Slater, 19, missing on holiday in Tenerife, 17 June 2024 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
True, I used the wrong term for them. However, they are significant leads in his disappearance and, potentially, may have concealed information or actually be involved in a negligent way in his disappearance.

I edited my prior post. Thank you for the reminder.
I am really confused as it now says on MEN police did not speak to the two men at the air b and b

Attachments

• IMG_7723.png
    IMG_7723.png
    231.5 KB · Views: 84
Which is a big indicator that he isn't doing this for the family or jay--but for all the conspiracy theorists and onlookers that are giving him the spotlight.
If he was doing it for Jay or the family he would have flown straight away when the where tourists still in the island who might have spoken to him.

I think it's bantz that the press is calling him the Madeleine Mcann investigator or Nicola Bulley investigator given that he was instrumental in bringing zero progress to either investigation.

Just thinking out loud regarding the two men. Being Jay’s first time abroad and by all accounts clearly intoxicated, is it possible he didn’t know how to get back to his accommodation when he was leaving the NRG event?
Think I’m right in saying his friends L and B (not sure what the rules are when discussing names so will just use their initials) went back at around 2am and he left the event at around 5am, so by that point he could’ve been so under the influence of whatever it was he was doing that night that he had no idea how to get back to where he was staying. Maybe he got chatting to the two guys outside the venue as they’re all British, in conversation it’s come up he has no idea how to get back to where he’s staying so they’ve said to him “Ah that’s alright mate, jump in the car back to our place so you’ve got somewhere to stay for the night and we’ll drop you back in the morning” or words to that affect. Would explain leaving in a hurry the next morning…waking up somewhere random, feeling a bit awkward being there and maybe not remembering how he got there so he just wanted to get back to his own hotel straight away.

Again referring back to my own experiences, I was on a Stag Do in Bournemouth 4 years ago and got separated from my group while I was blind drunk. Found myself at a roundabout at 8:30pm which was only a 5 minute walk from my hotel but because I’d been drinking and was in an unfamiliar place I had absolutely no idea where I was. My girlfriend at the time had to ring me while looking at directions to the hotel on her phone and direct me back (even that took me about 20 minutes because I was still getting lost). Just saying it could be very easy to not know how to get back to where you’re staying after a night (or potentially 3 in his case) of partying. I like to see the good in people so I’m hoping these two older guys saw a young lad from the same country they’re from on his own, worse for wear in a foreign country and have offered him a place to crash for the night.

Last edited:
Wouldn’t it be plain old harassment and coercion to threaten to release personal details/dox someone so they talk to you - a random member of the public ?! What planet is he on.

The features that are reassuring

1) he called Lucy and had already left the property
2) he was seen alone by multiple witnesses
3) the two men in the property stayed behind and spoke to police
4) by his own admission, too hot, needing a drink and unsure where he was

The chances of this all being set up in the few days he was there or cooked up in his drunken state are remote - planting all rhise
Witnesses would be fairly tricky!

have you got a link for this ? I have only seen reports of one witness - the sister of the owner of Casa Abuela.

"Mayor refutes CCTV sighting:

'He's not here'

The Mayor of the town in Tenerife where Jay Slater was potentially sighted on CCTV cameras, Santiago del Tiede,
has said he does not believe the missing Lancashire teen ever made it there.

Speaking emphatically to journalists, he told them,

'He's not here'.

Mayor Emilio Navarro said:

'The Guardia Civil sent us an email asking for our security cameras.
We could not give it to them as they are organised through a separate company,
so the police are
speaking to them.

But that CCTV picture is not from us
and I do not recognise that place -
I do not think it is in Santiago del Tiede
and he is not here.

We will help the police but it makes no sense.
We have had family and journalists here but we have seen no police'.”

'He's not here'

The Mayor of the town in Tenerife where Jay Slater was potentially sighted on CCTV cameras, Santiago del Tiede,

'He's not here'.

so the police are
speaking to them.

and he is not here.

So very weird.
I recall someone sharing the non zoomed in version - was that on here?

'He's not here'

'He's not here'.

so the police are
speaking to them.

and he is not here.

I'm wondering if this is the right translation / account. The CCTV image (appreciate if someone shares a link again) is definitely right in front of the church in Santiago del Teide, which can be easily verified with Google maps street view:
I can't imagine the Mayor doesn't recognise the place, unless he is talking about another CCTV image.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm wondering if this is the right translation / account. The CCTV image (appreciate if someone shares a link again) is definitely right in front of the church in Santiago del Teide, which can be easily verified with Google maps street view:
I can't imagine the Mayor doesn't recognise the place, unless he is talking about another CCTV image.
Actually, can anyone still find the zoomed out version of the image? It seems to have vanished with the Internet (at least from the media).
Not to say I believe it was Jay on that image, but I do believe it was Santiago del Teide.

The man might be absolutely fed up with all people descending the place and just decided to fob them off.
:rolleyes:
JMO

if the drugs started to wear off just after he left the airbnb and that's when he panicked and said "I can't go back, I don't know where I am", so he was still under the influence at the airbnb but just after that he suddenly found himself in the middle of nowhere without knowing how he got there.
This seems to be the most logical scenario. Its obvious from the footage of him he was under the influence of drink and drugs that night, but at the afterparty it seems probable he has taken more. Taking Ketamine for example can result in amnesia (memory loss). I don't think the other two guys harmed him deliberately, but I do wonder if they're not being entirely honest about what happened at the afterparty, as to not implicate themselves. Of course something could have happened which gave him a sudden urge to leave the Airbnb, potentially triggering some form of paranoia, but it doesn't explain why he,

A. Went the wrong way entirely
B. Left the safety of the road
C. Continued on his path despite being advised by his trusted friend

It seems that after leaving the Airbnb, at some point walking along the road, he seems to have lost all recollection as to where he is and how he got there. He has wandered from the road and made a panicked phone call in desperation.

The only other plausible thing which I can think of, is he has bumped his head somewhere along the road and has some sort of concussion. But this seems much less likely.

In the UK ...there has just been a section on Jay ...on This Morning on ITV the reporter stood at the doorway of the airbnb then walked up the hill to trace his steps according to the lady he spoke to regarding the bus.
She shows some of the route and showed how it would be tempting to try and take a shortcut across the rough land because the road is long and winding.
She also describes how dangerous it is once you start walking shortcuts.

Personally I think he went the wrong way uphill because of the bustop...he may have thought with the bus stop on that side of the road that that was the way to the resorts

Personally I think he went the wrong way uphill because of the bustop...he may have thought with the bus stop on that side of the road that that was the way to the resorts
Edited by me for focus.

The road through Masca is only single-carriageway. I suspect that the one bus-stop serves busses in both directions. With no road signs or other reference points, I can easily imagine that Jay couldn't be sure which direction to take.

For someone who is definitely 'not in any gangs' (per quote from his mother) this poor lad doesn't half get in a lot of what would appear to be gang related scrapes and crimes. JMO MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soraxtm