Spain Jay Slater, 19, missing on holiday in Tenerife, 17 June 2024 #3

"Jay Slater's father and brother

join Tenerife hunt for missing 19-year-old

as search team provide major update on the two 'mystery men'

last seen with the disappeared Brit."

View attachment 514231

I think they was just there, not actually involved in the search

Brad Hargreaves said he saw the missing teenager's feet slide on rocks during a call at around 8.30am, saying that is how he knew Mr Slater was not on a road.

He then said Mr Slater went down a "little drop" in one of his last video calls, and added: "He said, 'look where I am'.

"He didn't seem concerned on the phone until we knew how far away he was. I said, 'put your location on'. He said: '15-minute drive, 14-hour walk'.

"I don't know if it's accurate or not so I said to him: 'It's only a 15-minute drive, get a taxi'."
*I'm not sure he got a taxi, he may have, I hope so. I do think someone did 'help' him off the mountain like his dad mentioned as a possibility.
The 15min drive thing was weird to me. He actually stammers and goes to say one hour, iirc. Their hotel was not only a 15min drive away and its not been stated where exactly was in fact only a 15min drive away...

I think we all as sleuthers could manage that one. She did have an image of the front steps, green railing, and his last known location...
You could also ask in the closest villages if anyone recognises the place in the photo. It's round the back of a restaurant so a lot of locals might recognise the paving stones.

the backlash made me sick, quite honestly.. She did great.
I was hoping she might spot my tweet, as I felt so sorry for her, but I expect she's kept away from SM! I felt sorry for his mum too. I read so much vitriol about her and she looked wrecked to me. It was obvious that she hadn't slept for days. I relate to her as a fellow mum. In these cases, I feel that the family is completely out of their depth with the SM onslaught.

I think we all as sleuthers could manage that one. She did have an image of the front steps, green railing, and his last known location...
Plus she was an aquaintence of the two guys according to this article:

It is known that the two did not know Jay - but they are said to be associates of his friend Lucy Mae Law.

Which means she may have been there before. JMO.

In that quoted extract from the police statment you listed.....
Well no you (the police) don't actually.
All you know is that the 'PHONE' was pinging the tower at that point - whether it was with Jay, or instead was not with them and was in the hands of a totally separate person at that point is an entirely different question.
You (the police) should also know by now from the phone company who was providing his roaming access while he was not in the UK as to whether the phone was switched off deliberately by whoever had the phone at the point or whether it simply ran out of power and terminated itself.
My thoughts exactly. It might be a fact that Jay’s phone was there but it doesn’t necessarily follow that he was.

That relies on the word of his friends who say that they spoke to him and he was in the mountains.

A
You could also ask in the closest villages if anyone recognises the place in the photo. It's round the back of a restaurant so a lot of locals might recognise the paving stones.
Are the steps in the photo at the airbnb not at the back of the house or are the steps visible from the road?

My thoughts exactly. It might be a fact that Jay’s phone was there but it doesn’t necessarily follow that he was.

That relies on the word of his friends who say that they spoke to him and he was in the mountains.
But we also have the word of the two guys who rented the BNB and Ofelia who talked to Jay about bus times and then saw him walking on the road? And Ofelia said Jay was walking in the same direction that the phone was apparently pinged to.

I think these things all add up to put Jay and the phone just north of Masca at around 8.50am that morning.

A

Are the steps in the photo at the airbnb not at the back of the house or are the steps visible from the road?
I don't think they're easily visible from the road, but I only looked on Google maps and it could be easier to get an angle to view them in real life. But that's why I said about asking someone in the village. The people in the village are likely to recognise it as it's not just any house in the village but at the back of the restaurant.

I don't think I've seen this discussed so far as I've been thinking about it for quite a while. Could JS have something in his bag that he needed to hide. Either money or something you would sell at a festival. Could that be why he initially, supposedly, left the road - to find somewhere to hide stuff temporarily, but then when he turned around couldn't find his way back? Not sure why he would hide it but could that be the missing piece of the puzzle? ie we didnt hear all of the phone conversation topics (possibly?) and it might explain why he left the road? Just my own thoughts and opinion.
Edited due to spelling mistake and add a word

But we also have the word of the two guys who rented the BNB and Ofelia who talked to Jay about bus times and then saw him walking on the road? And Ofelia said Jay was walking in the same direction that the phone was apparently pinged to.

I think these things all add up to put Jay and the phone just north of Masca at around 8.50am that morning.
It’s a shame there is no CCTV or other incontrovertible proof he was there. Based on those people’s claims and the Snapchat of the steps, including a person who might or might not be Jay, I wouldn’t like to assert 100% that he was there. My opinion only, obviously.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CosDog
Back