Spain Jay Slater, 19, missing on holiday in Tenerife, 17 June 2024 #3

"Emergency services

share 'reservations'

on whether search will yield clues.

Emergency services in Tenerife
have shared their reservations over whether tomorrow's
'massive' search
will yield any clues in the search for the missing teenager.

When asked l about whether tomorrow’s
‘massive search’
could bring renewed hopes or progress,
emergency rescuers said
‘maybe, maybe not… we just don’t know’.

The search area, previously described as 'immense',
is said to be around 30 km wide
and has been focusing on three main ravines in the Masca area.

Areas of search

These are the areas
being searched by Spanish police."

1719609329297.png

"Lucy said Jay was lost, thirsty and wounded by a cactus" if this is accurate and he did indeed fall into a cactus, then he could of been poisioned, native to tenerife (Euphorbia debilispina), the Sap can cause blindness and other health issues, could explain why he possibly traversed into a remote hazardous location, hopefully I'm wrong. Maybe looking at locations in and around where the cacti is prevelant might help, or it may be too prevalent to help.

Toxicity of Euphorbia debilispina​

All Euphorbias produce a toxic white milky sap that can cause irritation to the skin and eyes. Therefore, it is best to keep your Euphorbia debilispina away from children and pets.
Euphorbia-debilispina1.jpgEuphorbia-debilispina2.jpg

I've only just started to read thread #3 so sorry if someone has already said this.

I'm wondering now that Brad has mentioned the phone call with him about how Jay was enjoying himself on the mountain, maybe he decided to have a little fun out there hiking whilst he was waiting for the next bus to arrive.

Maybe he wanted to stay close to the airbnb when he wandered off a little, but then went too far, getting himself lost and contacting Lucy distressed.

Last edited:
Is it a known fact that Jay was in possession of his phone when it last pinged?

No, it's not. There's very little by way of verified stories or evidence that's been released to us, the general public, by LE or anyone's personal testimony to a news outlet.

There is a huge amount of speculation and rumour as we know.

I also believe the fact they have refused that help confirms they are focusing on misadventure- which may well be the case. But there are previous factors that in the UK would also be investigated and potentially other charges made, even if not directly related.

such as?

he is working alongside the police and mountain rescue that has been made plain.
Has it? He's certainly been waffling on that he's been working in tandem with authorities, but he's very much on his own in every single video I've seen of him so far.
It's nice that he's giving the family some hope, but let's not pretend this guy is some authority on mountain rescue or wilderness survival.
The bloke is a hiking/travel influencer who is very much exploiting the Jay Slater case to increase his online presence and followers count. I'm getting distinct Walter Mitty vibes from him.

His videos all seem to consist of him saying something along the lines of:

"Hi, guys. *begins waving hand about frantically* So, I'm literally just going back put to where I was yesterday. There's literally this cactus that looks literally like the kind of cactus we think Jay might have literally cut his leg on before he literally fell down the hill, yeah? I'll literally update you all in a few hours. Stay safe!'

I appreciate that you (and quite a few others) are fond of this guy. But as a cynic, all I'm seeing is another influencer taking advantage of the situation for his own personal benefit.

You know more about this guy than I do, though - what are his actual qualifications? What's his background?

JMO

Has it? He's certainly been waffling on that he's been working in tandem with authorities, but he's very much on his own in every single video I've seen of him so far.
It's nice that he's giving the family some hope, but let's not pretend this guy is some authority on mountain rescue or wilderness survival.
The bloke is a hiking/travel influencer who is very much exploiting the Jay Slater case to increase his online presence and followers count. I'm getting distinct Walter Mitty vibes from him.

"Hi, guys. *begins waving hand about frantically* So, I'm literally just going back put to where I was yesterday. There's literally this cactus that looks literally like the kind of cactus we think Jay might have literally cut his leg on before he literally fell down the hill, yeah? I'll literally update you all in a few hours. Stay safe!'

I appreciate that you (and quite a few others) are fond of this guy. But as a cynic, all I'm seeing is another influencer taking advantage of the situation for his own personal benefit.

You know more about this guy than I do, though - what are his actual qualifications? What's his background?

JMO
never heard of him until today.

I'm dubious about the claim the Spanish police are working with him though.. they tend not to work with outsiders.

This is a pretty good article to read. It does give some insight of the terrain and the paths through the gorge.

2.5 to 3 hrs hike is not the longest hike ever- I know JS supposedly never walks or hikes but he is 19 and is an apprentice brick layer- you cannot tote bricks around all day without having some muscle. that said, he supposedly bought cigarettes, not water or anything like provisions, so not betting on survival, IMO.

JMO
I dunno. I’m a fan. But generally I always assume good intent until proven otherwise.

Yes he’s on his own, but he’s working with thr police in terms of advising them in which areas he’s searching.

I personally don’t know about his background, but he looks to be experienced, helping with other search and rescue. Surely that’s all we need at the moment someone happy and willing to help that is some sort of mountain goat? I think criticism is landing on the wrong person.

I hope the search today brings some answers. Unfortunately, I do feel he is in the mountains somewhere. The terrain looks horrendous for anyone who is not experienced in climbing.
His family need the answers, the not knowing must be eating them alive, coupled with all the nonsense posted all over social media. I pray today is the day they find this poor boy.

They called for experienced SARs. ]
Is he a qualified experienced SAR?

No they haven’t called for experience SAR at all.

On Friday the Guardia Civil formally invitedvoluntary organisations and members of the public with expertise in difficult conditions to come to northern Tenerife.

He is a member of the public and has prior to this experience of climbing rough terrain. Ergo qualified

I dunno. I’m a fan. But generally I always assume good intent until proven otherwise.

Yes he’s on his own, but he’s working with thr police in terms of advising them in which areas he’s searching.

I personally don’t know about his background, but he looks to be experienced, helping with other search and rescue. Surely that’s all we need at the moment someone happy and willing to help that is some sort of mountain goat? I think criticism is landing on the wrong person.
Yeah, he’s a little annoying, but ultimately he is another set of eyes. He is also clearly experienced at hill walking and managing his own welfare when out on the hills. He may be driven by likes and other validation, but he’s also over there looking for Jay.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soraxtm
Back