Found Deceased Jay Slater, 19, missing on holiday in Tenerife, 17 June 2024 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks like it would be impossible to slide off the road. It has low blocks of concrete all the way along the edge which look to be designed to prevent any kind of sliding off. There are gaps between each block which look to be around one foot wide, so it's possible to choose to leave the road and go downwards through the rocks and cacti. Given that Jay got injured by a cactus, it sounds like he consciously went through one of those gaps or stepped over the concrete blocks. I can't see how else he'd get attacked by a cactus. They don't extend over to the road.
In one of the threads someone posted a picture that showed several cactuses on the side of the road in the area he was walking, while he was walking along the road it is possible a car/lorry/bus came towards him in a narrow area and he moved out of the way cutting his leg on cactus in the process

How many people were at the rave? I'm guessing 100s or 1000s. Just because there was an altercation outside the venue with a stolen watch, doesn't mean Jay was involved. It could have been anyone involved. I read earlier on in a media post about Tenerife being rife with pick pocketers. It could have been one of them.

Do drones have thermal imagery? I'm guessing they would use that at night to search for him.

My gut feeling is he will be found in the wilderness one day, could be a long time from now, by someone who isn't looking but just out hiking.

Jay Slater - Tenerife - still missing​

Kevin Ainley - Tenerife - still missing

Kevin Ainley, was 24 years old, when he went missing 20 years ago this month. He was from Fleetwood, Lancashire, and moved to the tourist area of Playa de las Americas three months before disappearing. In a 2016 appeal, 12 years after he went missing his sister Gemma Brooke said the family was still "desperate for answers".

Billy Bennett - Tenerife - still missing​

Billy Bennett, 18, vanished from his holiday in Tenerife in December 1985. The teen from Holborn, London, had planned to go to Tenerife with a friend but he dropped out at the last minute and Billy went ahead alone.

Billy’s friend flew out later with his girlfriend and claimed he seemed rather the “worse for wear” saying that he had lost all his money and had nowhere to stay. Billy Bennett is still officially missing

Levi Davis - Spain - still missing​

Celebrity X Factor star Levi Davis was 24 when he was last seen on CCTV leaving The Old Irish Pub in Barcelona on October 29, 2022. It was thought Levi could have drowned after sending his mum a video of himself from a boat shortly before he was last heard from.

Four days before he disappeared, a video was posted to his Instagram account in which he says: “My name is Levi Davis and my life is in danger.” He then spent 15 minutes talking about being blackmailed by unknown people who had taken pictures of him in “compromising positions”, claiming his life and his family’s life were under threat. Reports that Levi owed £100,000 to a Somalian gang also emerged in Catalan newspaper La Vanguardia.

Levi’s family – who hired a private investigator to try and solve the mystery of his disappearance – are still desperate for answers. Levi Davis vanished in Spain

Ben Garland - Ibiza - still missing​

Ben Garland, from Southwick, Wiltshire, went missing off the coast of northern Ibiza in January 2020, aged 24, while filming waves near Portinatx.

Dad Mark Garland, his family and some of Ben’s friends, spent two weeks with police during a major search operation that centred on the rocky coastal point where Ben had left his motorbike on 21 January, 2020. Hopes of finding him alive faded on the discovery of his watch on the coastline, then his jacket in the water. Mr Garland believes his son was swept out to sea.

Anne Baillie - Fuerteventura - died​

Anne Baillie, 73, vanished on June 7 last year after going for a morning walk. She was last seen at Riu Palace Tres Islas Hotel in Fuerteventura where she had been staying with her family. Fuerteventura Emergencias said in a statement on June 10: "The lifeless body of the English tourist last seen on June 7 has been located in the Corralejo Dunes Natural Park." Anne Baillie died after a walk

Peter Henley - Tenerife - died​

Peter Henley, 50, from Dover, Kent, flew to the Canary Islands on December 6, 2012 and was due to return to the UK 12 days later but went missing. He was a keen walker and photographer, his relatives told reporters that he was not depressed and was looking forward to Christmas. His body was found near the coast on the north of the island on New Year's Eve the same year. Peter Henley had been looking forward to Christmas

Michael Mosley - Symi - died​

TV doctor and health guru Dr Michael Mosley vanished after leaving his wife and friends at Agios Nikolaos beach on the Greek island of Symi on June 5, 2024. A huge search was launched for the 67 year old celebrity including police, firefighters with drones, Greek Red Cross workers, divers, a search dog and a helicopter to find him in dangerous conditions and high temperatures.

His body was found by a bar manager after the island's mayor "saw something" by the fence of the bar and alerted staff. He was found around 30 minutes walk from the village of Pedi where he was last seen.

David Wolstenhulme - Serifos - missing​

David Wolstenhulme, 69, disappeared on Friday, June 25, 2021 on the Greek island of Serifos. The Yorkshireman had travelled there with his wife Heide and set off ready for a morning hike on the day he mysteriously vanished.

He said that he would be back at the hotel by around 5pm - but he was never seen again. His wife believes he could have fallen down a sinkhole.

David Wolstenhulme with wife Heide

Steven Cook - Crete - died​

Steven Cook, then 20, from Sandbach, Cheshire, disappeared on a night out with friends in Malia, Crete in 2005 - the first holiday he had taken without his family.

Despite pleas on both UK and Greek TV there was no news for more than a decade. His remains were eventually found in a well in 2017. It was a decade before his body was found

Roger Bainbridge - Antipaxos - missing​

Roger Bainbridge disappeared on September 30, 2013, while holidaying on the tiny island of Antipaxos, Greece. He had made a day trip from the neighbouring island of Paxos, where his sister lived. The 67-year-old man, from Kendal, Cumbria, passed by other walkers on his hike.

A search party scoured the two square miles of the island but failed to uncover any traces of him. A month later, when Cumbria Police sent out two officers to help with the local search, still nothing was found. Roger Bainbridge vanished on a day trip
*photos at link

Several posters have mentioned that if there was a body in the search area, then there should be bird & insect activity. Perhaps that points to him having ended up in the sea?

How on earth would he have ended up in the sea?

why is it that so many people try to look beyond the most sensible,likely and logical explanation in these cases?
not every case can be like something out of a television drama!.....the lad wandered off into a place he knew nothing at all about and was ill equipped to cope with - why on earth there always needs to be such a circus of drama and speculation in these cases i have absolutely no clue

Given that the two older men are presumably the last people to have seen Jay Slater alive, does anyone else find it a tad strange that when they returned to the UK, police didn't want to speak with them? According to statements from British police, they have no intention of even interviewing them. Yes, I appreciate that Jay probably got injured and this is misadventure etc, but even so, given that nobody is clear as to why he went with these two men, surely they are still relevant to some extent?
I agree.

why is it that so many people try to look beyond the most sensible,likely and logical explanation in these cases?
not every case can be like something out of a television drama!.....the lad wandered off into a place he knew nothing at all about and was ill equipped to cope with - why on earth there always needs to be such a circus of drama and speculation in these cases i have absolutely no clue

Well, it started when Jay’s mum said she’d received a text saying she’d never see her boy again because he owed someone money. Then it became clear drugs were rife at the rave and Jay looked like he may have partaken. Then there were lots of rumours about his friends and dealing. Then we looked at lifestyles and that seemed a plausibility, not many students can afford monthly holidays with no proper job. Then there were two mysterious men and talk of a missing watch / money / drugs. Then both parents said he’d never have attempted to climb mountains and posited he’d been abducted. <modsnip> I guess that all set the rumour mill going at full pelt…

…we didn’t get any of this about Michael Mosley or any of the other missing hikers. But Jay wasn’t a hiker and had no logical reason to be in those hills, so I think looking at alternatives was and is wholly understandable.

Of course, all the dodgy shenanigans may well be true, but that doesn’t mean it’s related to his disappearance. Easy to see why social media has gone wild with this one, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unless it provides solid information to put his last location somewhere other than those mountains, I fail to see its relevance. If it had been a smartwatch that could have pinged its location and there was real reason think he might have been carrying it, I don't see how it helps to find him.

When someone's been lost up a mountain for three days without water in inhospitable conditions, it does not matter why they went up the mountain.
It would matter though if foul play had occured which is still a possibility . There is no firm evidence that he walked off into the mountains. MOO

They aren't the last people though, the neighbour lady and Brad via the phone saw him after he left the airbnb so unless he returned unseen they are unlikely to the cause of whatever happened afterwards other than being the means by which he was in the mountains if the first place.

JMO
That is only true if we believe they are being truthful . MOO

With this case it feels like the unfortunate combo of potential theories leaking from his friends / family + no real official press conference taking control of the situation let it run wild.

But occasionally some cases do end up like something out of a crime thriller... Take Wayne Couzens for example now who would have expected that scenario. I'm sure maybe he stumbled off a cliff somewhere but people can look into angles in this because who knows how it will end or if something shows up of relevence, they stopped the search but continued the crime investigation that tells me they too think this is far from straight forward

I believe the possibility was mentioned a while back. Something to do with sliding down a canyon, or maybe hoping to flag down a passing boat.
He was literally miles away from the sea. A prepared and experienced climber would have found the descent to sea level across that terrain difficult, ever mind a hungover 19 year old Lancs lad who previously found a walk to the local hairdressers a challenge.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240628_212338_Maps.jpg
    Screenshot_20240628_212338_Maps.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 14
But occasionally some cases do end up like something out of a crime thriller... Take Wayne Couzens for example now who would have expected that scenario. I'm sure maybe he stumbled off a cliff somewhere but people can look into angles in this because who knows how it will end or if something shows up of relevence, they stopped the search but continued the crime investigation that tells me they too think this is far from straight forward
Wayne Couzens was an individual who took advantage of his position of trust in order to commit a crime. It's hardly unheard of, and absolutely not comparable to some of the frankly ridiculous theories surrounding this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
albertlou