Spain Jay Slater, 19, missing on holiday in Tenerife, 17 June 2024 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
About the watch, I wonder how MW-T knew how much it was worth? Rolex’s are all priced differently depending on each style, so I wonder how he knew this one was worth £12,000?
I'd assume that if the watch exists it is known exactly what type it was so would be easy to price up but strange that it's value has risen from £10k on the alleged snapchat message to now £12k

A theory or two (JMO of course). Based on MW-T video, and in contrast to my earlier scepticism about him being in the mountains at all:

Jay steals a watch from person unknown, either put up to it by the two AieBnB men, or because he knows/believes they will buy it from him once he’s done it.

He goes back to the AirBnB where they’ve told him they have the money for it.

The transaction goes wrong somehow: maybe they refuse to pay him and threaten him, maybe he tries to take both the watch and the money.

(This must be after the cigarette/steps pic, presumably.)

Jay leaves in a hurry, corroborated by the (now 3 according to MWT) witnesses in Masca.

He gets lost, in the area MWT claims to have pinpointed on the map, rings/facetimes (I’m still not 109% which) Brad, rings Lucy, has some misadventure or is caught up with by the AirBnb men. Bad result ensues whichever.
I have to say this was my most likely scenario of why Jay didn't wait at bus stop and went off road ,complete speculation of course but would be logic in thinking that the young lad may have been lured there with the promise of money and then told tough luck you not getting any money or the watch back and Jay ran from Airbnb with the watch while men were sleeping which is why he told Lucy in intitial phone call that he couldn't go back there also if he was in a panic ,anxiety tends to produce a dry mouth and or maybe the part where he says I need a drink was a need for an alcoholic drink to ease the nerves but I do know the more that's revealed in this missing person's case the more it looks like he didn't disappear completely by accident and more so a series of risky behaviours led to him being in isolated ,dangerous conditions ..does this mean the two guys are implicated in his demise without them having to lay a finger on him ?

I have to say this was my most likely scenario of why Jay didn't wait at bus stop and went off road ,complete speculation of course but would be logic in thinking that the young lad may have been lured there with the promise of money and then told tough luck you not getting any money or the watch back and Jay ran from Airbnb with the watch while men were sleeping which is why he told Lucy in intitial phone call that he couldn't go back there also if he was in a panic ,anxiety tends to produce a dry mouth and or maybe the part where he says I need a drink was a need for an alcoholic drink to ease the nerves but I do know the more that's revealed in this missing person's case the more it looks like he didn't disappear completely by accident and more so a series of risky behaviours led to him being in isolated ,dangerous conditions ..does this mean the two guys are implicated in his demise without them having to lay a finger on him ?

As I understood:

He COULDN'T return
because
he was ALREADY LOST.

Didn't he tell Lucy
"I don't know where I am"???
Or something like that?

snipped

If you're holding stolen goods, you don't continue holding them - the goal is to get rid of the stuff fast.

jmo
That's why I think the most likely scenario is that the 2 men were the ones who stole the watch and Jay was with them, left with them in the car and they were showing off the stolen watch which Jay then took a photo of to send to friends bragging saying he stole it. When the men were asleep the next morning Jay took the watch and left thinking he could get away quickly and hoped he would be able to get on a bus but then realised he didn't want to wait 10 minutes in case the men woke up and came after him.

This is the only explanation that makes sense to me and would explain why he didn't get a lift back from the men or wait at the bus stop.

I dont know if the men have then driven after him and found him or whether it is just misadventure on Jay's part but either way, the facts are that he left the airbnb in a hurry, didn't want to wait for a bus, didn't want to ask the guys for a lift or wait at their apartment which is odd behaviour but not when you consider he may have stolen from them.

snipped

If you're holding stolen goods, you don't continue holding them - the goal is to get rid of the stuff fast.

jmo
And if the goods were stolen on their orders, for them to buy or for them to sell to someone (maybe splitting the profit with Jay), they’re going to want it straight away, not for him to take it off somehere.

That's why I think the most likely scenario is that the 2 men were the ones who stole the watch and Jay was with them, left with them in the car and they were showing off the stolen watch which Jay then took a photo of to send to friends bragging saying he stole it. When the men were asleep the next morning Jay took the watch and left thinking he could get away quickly and hoped he would be able to get on a bus but then realised he didn't want to wait 10 minutes in case the men woke up and came after him.

This is the only explanation that makes sense to me and would explain why he didn't get a lift back from the men or wait at the bus stop.

I dont know if the men have then driven after him and found him or whether it is just misadventure on Jay's part but either way, the facts are that he left the airbnb in a hurry, didn't want to wait for a bus, didn't want to ask the guys for a lift or wait at their apartment which is odd behaviour but not when you consider he may have stolen from them.
My current theory (subject to change) is that JS stole the watch and went to the AirBnB to get cash for it from the two guys, but then took off with both the cash and the watch, or stole something else perhaps.

Or, maybe the deal went sour and he got nothing but threats of violence.

He couldn't return for battery charge and water because the exchange went bad....and because he was lost.

jmopinion that might change as we learn more

Has it been reported if when Lucy arrived at the Airbnb when Jay first went missing, if the two guys were there and if she spoke to them?

I dont think there was any urgency until he thought 'I'm going to take this watch for myself' and then tried to leave the apartment. I posted my theory a few posts ago and it's the only one that makes sense to me. Jay didn't steal the watch at the club, the two men did. Jay thought he could easily steal it from them when they were sleeping and flee.
Until the call with Brad came out, my opinion was that jay left the airbnb in a hurry.

But, supposedly the call with Brad did not seem as urgent as the call with Lucy. If he really felt like he needed to get away, that first call would have been much different MOO

My theory is the watch was most probably fake as it was not reported stolen.

Saying that it was not reported stolen because it could have been stolen off someone else!

We will never know but I think Jay left the Air BnB for whatever reason but got into trouble off his own accord.

JMO

Jay Slater 'admitted to pals he stole £12,000 Rolex watch and was trying to sell it' just hours before teenager went missing as he left remote Airbnb cottage

Saying that it was not reported stolen because it could have been stolen off someone else!

We will never know but I think Jay left the Air BnB for whatever reason but got into trouble off his own accord.

JMO
Agree. Something went down that night/morning, but his disappearance is because he walked in rough terrain with no sleep, no water, no cell service, and no idea where he was.

jmo

JMO
I don't mix in criminal circles but my guess would be that if indeed there are Eastern European heavies they steer well clear of the police and have their own ways of dealing with anyone who crosses them

Then again I also don't think they'd be foolish enough to have a watch stolen by a young lad in a scuffle in the first place.

About the watch, I wonder how MW-T knew how much it was worth? Rolex’s are all priced differently depending on each style, so I wonder how he knew this one was worth £12,000?
There are also many fake Rolex, just for show, there's probably the lucky lucky men selling them as we speak all round las americas

May have missed it, who did the watch belong to? Has that person come forward?

TIA

JMO but do young people at raves travel with gaudy blankets in case it gets a bit nippy late at night?

Sounds like something your nan might do, how would that play out? Yes, I'll come to yours to after party/deal in stolen watches/other nighttime activities but could we swing by and pick me up a blanket for the journey :)
Maybe swinging by to pick up cigarettes and was cold with come down from drugs or alcohol and grabbed the blanket but as another poster has stated the hotel that the blanket pics are from aren't the hotel that jay stayed in and blanket could easily been in the Airbnb ,I think criminal behaviour and youthful naivety on Jay's behalf played a major part in his down fall and likely death I feel he was played by the two older possibly more criminally seasoned guys God love his parents dealing with all this and quite possible all this information only coming to light now as media wanted to provide some kind of privacy to what their son was up to while they had some kind of time to process this information themselves ,A stark reminder to why crime doesn't pay

As I understood:

He COULDN'T return
because
he was ALREADY LOST.

Didn't he tell Lucy
"I don't know where I am"???
Or something like that?
Forgot about that Dotta yes he did actually you are right ,so much noise about this I got confused about original reason for not going back in conversation with Lucy, I also think perhaps Lucy maybe made the conversation out to be more innocent than it was and in order to get police to listen and act she needed to use key words like lost ,thirsty ,phone dead /dying because if you relayed to the police what has only come out in msm they may not have acted as promptly

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beruptus
Back