Spain Jay Slater, 19, missing on holiday in Tenerife, 17 June 2024 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
May have missed it, who did the watch belong to? Has that person come forward?

TIA

JMO but do young people at raves travel with gaudy blankets in case it gets a bit nippy late at night?

Sounds like something your nan might do, how would that play out? Yes, I'll come to yours to after party/deal in stolen watches/other nighttime activities but could we swing by and pick me up a blanket for the journey :)
Maybe swinging by to pick up cigarettes and was cold with come down from drugs or alcohol and grabbed the blanket but as another poster has stated the hotel that the blanket pics are from aren't the hotel that jay stayed in and blanket could easily been in the Airbnb ,I think criminal behaviour and youthful naivety on Jay's behalf played a major part in his down fall and likely death I feel he was played by the two older possibly more criminally seasoned guys God love his parents dealing with all this and quite possible all this information only coming to light now as media wanted to provide some kind of privacy to what their son was up to while they had some kind of time to process this information themselves ,A stark reminder to why crime doesn't pay

As I understood:

He COULDN'T return
because
he was ALREADY LOST.

Didn't he tell Lucy
"I don't know where I am"???
Or something like that?
Forgot about that Dotta yes he did actually you are right ,so much noise about this I got confused about original reason for not going back in conversation with Lucy, I also think perhaps Lucy maybe made the conversation out to be more innocent than it was and in order to get police to listen and act she needed to use key words like lost ,thirsty ,phone dead /dying because if you relayed to the police what has only come out in msm they may not have acted as promptly

JMO but do young people at raves travel with gaudy blankets in case it gets a bit nippy late at night?

Sounds like something your nan might do, how would that play out? Yes, I'll come to yours to after party/deal in stolen watches/other nighttime activities but could we swing by and pick me up a blanket for the journey :)

In my experience people go to raves with as few things as possible about their person. It's hot, sweaty, and chaotic. Sometimes there's a coat / bag check if it's a well organised place. Sometimes they provide blankets and such for when people are sitting outside and it's chilly. It wouldn't be usual to remove a blanket or cover from the premises but that could happen - that would be theft. It's probably not easy to steal a huge orange blanket though. Bring it with you to the place? LOL no absolutely not. A jacket and some trackie bottoms maybe, that's what people used to do leastways - they'd be leaving places in the early hours pulling jog pants and hoodies on.

I was once made the distraction in a shop theft - two men tripped me up in such an OTT way that I responded and got mad. They threatened me in an OTT way so lots of noise and arms flailing. Meanwhile I see their mate stealing stuff off the nearby shelf and signalling to one of the men who tripped me up. So yes it would be easy to do similar and undo a watch. JMO
I had wondered if the fall jay had in the nightclub was the distraction and the two Airbnb guys told jay they would give him his cut of the deal at their Airbnb I will find pic of fall for reference and post

As I understood:

He COULDN'T return
because
he was ALREADY LOST.

Didn't he tell Lucy
"I don't know where I am"???
Or something like that?
In MWT he goes on to say ‘we have information that suggest Jay left the rental feeling scared……’

So I think it’s both, he couldn’t go back because he was scared of going back & because he had become lost.

I had wondered if the fall jay had in the nightclub was the distraction and the two Airbnb guys told jay they would give him his cut of the deal at their Airbnb I will find pic of fall for reference and post

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240703_132247_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240703_132247_Chrome.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 31
In MWT he goes on to say ‘we have information that suggest Jay left the rental feeling scared……’

So I think it’s both, he couldn’t go back because he was scared of going back & because he had become lost.

He didn't sound/look scared
while talking to Brad and the local woman.

He left because he wanted to.
(For whatever reason)

But not ran away.

JMO

Kids these days refuse to even wear a coat to school when it's raining. I doubt he'd have been carrying around a blanket.

And I’m still not sure we can take Brad/Lucy’s conversations with Jay as gospel/verbatim.
That was an observation from Ofelia.

There's a good chance that he wasn't afraid when he left the AirBnB as the adrenaline would still be flowing. By the time he made it some way up the road, the adrenaline would have worn off. This would explain why he sounded upbeat with Brad, but distressed a while later with Lucy.

That was an observation from Ofelia.

There's a good chance that he wasn't afraid when he left the AirBnB as the adrenaline would still be flowing. By the time he made it some way up the road, the adrenaline would have worn off. This would explain why he sounded upbeat with Brad, but distressed a while later with Lucy.
Yes, sorry, I was replying to the point about the conversation with Brad. I’m not sure we can take that at face value - but if we do believe what he said about Jay’s state of mind, yes absolutely, it could have changed between the two calls, either adrenaline wearing off as you say, realising he was in a more precarious position location-wise, seen someone catching up with him etc. JMO.

Just a thought. If Jay had boasted about stealing a watch and traveling to the AirBnB with these two men, would Lucy/Brad have made Jay's Mother aware of the situation before he was reported missing? I assume if he posted it to Snapchat, all his friends would have seen it - it can't have taken long to get back to her either way.
If she knew about the watch and the two men before his disappearance was reported/MSM was informed, it would help explain her initial statement about 'letting her son go'.
If so, why didn't she relay this information to the authorities earlier? JMO

Last edited:
My theory

He stole the watch and went back to the Airbnb with the 2 men because he was cool with them and they were leaving the area at the same time.

Whoever he stole the watch from gets word that Jay is with these 2 men in the Airbnb, and reaches out to the men. They admit that he's currently at their place or just left, because they have no desire to lie or cover-up for a friend of a friend / someone they just met and create an unnecessary beef. Out of kindness, they let Jay know that these people are coming for him and he should leave. Jay panics when he realises that there's no bus so in order to not be found, has to go off-road. They either don't find him or find him and stab him.

Lucy jumps into action straight away because she knows that people are after him and the situation is dire.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catmoon
Back