Found Deceased Jay Slater, 19, missing on holiday in Tenerife, 17 June 2024 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have seen this too and had wondered if jay brought the blanket with him to Airbnb as there is no picture of it in advertisement of Airbnb ,true it could be as common as the love laugh live sign but I would like to know did he return to his hotel first after the after party and then go to Airbnb and if he did return first big question is why didn't he just stay there instead of going miles away could be as simple as wanting to carry on the party and his friends Lucy and Brad wanted to sleep but I suspect there was an alternate motive to go all that way to Airbnb such as perhaps more booze
But the 2 men were supposed to vacate the property at 11am so why take Jay there at all if they were leaving in a couple of hours. It doesn't add up at all MOO

So he told his friends he took the watch (allegedly). The friends have told MWT that during his phone calls in the morning he was scared where he was staying. (allegedly). Interesting. JMO.
Does anyone actually believe that Jay had the wits about him to steal an expensive watch. Pick pockets are usually highly skilled in the technique. In all we have seen and read about Jays condition on that night he seemed totally out of it and also fell over in the club through drink and whatever else he had taken. MOO

I have seen this too and had wondered if jay brought the blanket with him to Airbnb as there is no picture of it in advertisement of Airbnb ,true it could be as common as the love laugh live sign but I would like to know did he return to his hotel first after the after party and then go to Airbnb and if he did return first big question is why didn't he just stay there instead of going miles away could be as simple as wanting to carry on the party and his friends Lucy and Brad wanted to sleep but I suspect there was an alternate motive to go all that way to Airbnb such as perhaps more booze
The question after this then is - Is there a blanket missing from the apartment JS was staying at? JMO

Does anyone actually believe that Jay had the wits about him to steal an expensive watch. Pick pockets are usually highly skilled in the technique. In all we have seen and read about Jays condition on that night he seemed totally out of it and also fell over in the club through drink and whatever else he had taken. MOO
Good point. TBH we don't know for sure the watch story is true either. JMO

IF a watch was stolen it is far more likely to have been by the 2 who stayed at the Airbnb, having learned of distraction techniques in this thread that I knew nothing about before Jay could have played a role while the other 2 carried out the actual robbery itself

Hi do you know if when buying a rolex if that a serial number is taken from the watch and registered to your name for insurance purposes maybe the guy whose watch was stolen didn't have those details with him to report it stolen straight
DBM

Last edited:
But the 2 men were supposed to vacate the property at 11am so why take Jay there at all if they were leaving in a couple of hours. It doesn't add up at all MOO
IMHO I do wonder if it was just Jay and the 2 guys on the car. What if there was someonelse as well? Pure speculation on my part. Any info on exactly how many folks went back to the Air BNB?

So we have to believe

A) he got caught up in stealing a watch
B) The person he "happened" to steal a watch from was in a "crime gang" himself?
C) Said person managed to find out within 2 hours who stole it and that they were an hour a way in a very unlikely location?

Lot of unlikely possibilities imo
Not impossible...but occams razor is still telling me he likely died in the terrain...at the moment anyway

Agreed, this is all getting bit far fetched. He spoke to the neighbour (not ran from the property) and Brad said he was in good spirits. Most interesting thing in that MWT piece is that maps actually has you walking up the hill (the way he went) to get to Los Cristianos. Still not sure why he'd leave the road and end up lost but the fact he he said to Lucy he was going to walk all that way home points to something else that 3rd party involvement, the videos from the event don't paint a great picture JMO

Obviously I don't know anything about you but I'm going to assume you are older, more law abiding and less into the drugs scene than the three people involved and thus are applying what you think you would or wouldn't do. Nothing about that is surprising IMO

Did you follow Corrie McKeague's disappearence? The number of times people posted that he wasn't in the bin because no one would go in a bin in white trousers was ridiculous :)

The whole watch thing sounds like a great scam...
Make a much younger vulnerable guy believe he's stolen an expensive watch you will buy from him only to then entrap him miles away and make him believe people are now out to get him and he owes money. Watch could have just been a fake.

Depends who’s owned it, how old it is, how rare it is etc. I just looked it up and for example Paul Newman’s Rolex sold for £14 million a few years ago.

However, I doubt the Rolex / AP in this case is worth any more than you’d pay in a shop. Still worth nicking if you’re that way inclined, mind!
Wow I mean he had gorgeous eyes lol but 14 million for a watch he wore that's unbelievable

I think it's probably easier to steal a watch at a rave than in broad daylight. It's dark and crowded, with flashing lights, and a hypothetical victim is likely to be as disoriented as a hypothetical pickpocket.

I really am speaking hypothetically here, because I have no idea how likely it is in this case.

I would have thought a rolex was worth at least 30,000 new and a second hand one perhaps 10,000
My Rolex was bought for around 7k and by the time it got stolen was worth 16k in the second hand market. There are also "grey sellers" who sell hard to get items, for an increased price. It can be hard for someone without a purchase history to walk into a Rolex and buy the one they want.

Last edited:
The whole watch thing sounds like a great scam...
Make a much younger vulnerable guy believe he's stolen an expensive watch you will buy from him only to then entrap him miles away and make him believe people are now out to get him and he owes money. Watch could have just been a fake.
Why would the two older guys from Airbnb want to entrap jay if no stolen goods involved and why would they go to the trouble to drive him to mesca to make him paranoid for kicks don't get that scenario a all

Theft of valuable watches and jewelry is a big thing in holiday hot spots. Usually done by criminal gangs. I saw a documentary recently about it being a big problem in Ibiza currently.
E.European gangs have made a career out of it. They have huge operations in Italy, due to the law there they literally get away with it. Its quite disgusting. Theres absolutely no deterrent for it.

'Kiss goodbye to your boy, you're never going to see him again, he owes me a lot of money.'

That message, as reported by Jay’s mum on day 2 or 3, is what first alerted the world that something other than “got lost on the way home” was going on. I know it’s massively snowballed since then, to ridiculous heights, but this has never been a typical missing hiker case.

My Rolex was bought for around 10k and by the time it got stolen was worth 16k in the second hand market. There are also "grey sellers" who sell hard to get items, for an increased price. It can be hard for someone without a purchase history to walk into a Rolex and buy the one they want.
Sorry to hear yours was stolen hopefully it was insured and you got a payment ..I'm delighted with all these answers to my question as my original thought was surely watch has a paper trail I wonder has it since been reported stolen from the victim of the theft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper