Spain Jay Slater, 19, missing on holiday in Tenerife, 17 June 2024 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Jay's Uncle is talking ...

" 'I've been thinking third party involvement from the start' -

Jay's family member's theory on where the teenager is.

Speaking about the online trolls spreading sick rumours,
Jay's uncle Glen Duncan
said:

'I'm not on social media or anything so I can just block it out.
It's the world we live in.

If he's gone on a trail like a path like this and he's got lost there or fallen down
I think he would have been found by now.

I've been thinking third party involvement from the start.
There's just some things that have already been out there.

Why would two lads hire a villa up here?
They're down on the strip, you know what it's like down there.

There's millions of apartments and hotels down there in Los Cristianos and Las Americas.
Straight away, that's just suspicious in itself.

Then apparently one who has been found came out and said he arrived alive and left alive.
That line in itself is suspicious.

The fact he has come out and said all his mates have left him and he had nowhere to go, he was 10 minutes from his apartment in Los Cristianos.

He's not stupid.
If he didn't have a room key he could have gone to reception for a replacement'."

Jay's uncle Glen Duncan
said:

If he's gone on a trail like a path like this and he's got lost there or fallen down

There's millions of apartments and hotels down there in Los Cristianos and Las Americas.

Then apparently one who has been found came out and said he arrived alive and left alive.

The fact he has come out and said all his mates have left him and he had nowhere to go, he was 10 minutes from his apartment in Los Cristianos.

He's not stupid.
If he didn't have a room key he could have gone to reception for a replacement'."

Both Jay's uncle and Lucy both state that jay wasn't stupid which I gather translates to he was streetwise but being streetwise on your own turf where you are comfortable in the familiarity I feel jay didn't have an awareness that in a strange country you can't let your guard down in the same way you would at home and must keep your wits about you even though we all let our hair down on holiday older adults will generally have the banter on holidays but will keep an eye for danger and being Jay's first holiday without the watchful and protective eyes of his parents he just felt too comfortable in company of people he barely knew and who are not going to look out for you like close friends and family

Just a thought that I wanted to note down before I forget it. Perhaps inconsequential but, with all of the newer talk and theories that people are coming up with, including that it’s not *confirmed* in a concrete way (ie. through CCTV) that Jay was ever at the Airbnb in Masca, and that various “facts” that came out when the story first broke (the snapchats, the phone calls, the location pings) are now being questioned and seen by some online commenters as deliberate “staging” to make it look like Jay himself was there and he wasn’t (and that just his phone was)… well, it’s suddenly just struck me as strange and all too convenient that in the Snapchat of the cigarette/feet/blanket he’s also added a location tag. I have nieces and nephews around Jay’s age and maybe it’s just them but they never send Snapchat pictures tagging their location, it’s normally just a photo with a comment on it, or just a photo. Maybe I’m overthinking this. But it really does seem convenient.

Apologies if it goes against the site terms to speculate like this, I will delete this comment if so.

MOO
Imo its Jay. Its his hand. Look at other photos of him. Even down to how he holds the cigaretter. Ive no doubt his mother would be shouting from the rooftops if it wasn't his hand.
Maybe he tagged the location because it was someplace new, and unique!
Or maybe it was a subconscious decision.

Jay's uncle Glen Duncan
said:

He's not stupid.

I agree with the uncle on that statement of arriving alive and leaving alive.
He may well have. But what about after he left, Ayoobi?
And why even mention anything about being alive…
I dont like it
And I was one of those convinced of misadventure initially

Last edited:
Most of them, for some reason they are way more savvy than we were. Regardless he had one, so whether you think it’s normal or not is irrelevant. But honestly man bags have been a thing for years.
I can say I bought my daughter s boyfriend a similar bag for a rugby trip abroad and subsequent photos showed all the pals wearing similar , apparently saves from pickpockets stuff falling out shallow pockets etc . Even bought one recently for 60 yr old hubby going to Euros . (Kilts don't have pockets) when a photo of Jay comes up with bag I've never questioned it . Hes wearing shorts with probably pockets not suitable for stuffing card or cash in . These bags as I see them useful but all the young ones using them as fashion accessory

Do we have confirmation yet if Lucy did in fact know Ayub Qassim?
If she did then I think its safe to say theres some porkies been told. The Q is why…

maybe it's all that was available or maybe it was the cheapest option
I guess my confusion about the AirBnB is more about WHY he needed one rather than its location. Please correct me if I am wrong, but he manages an establishment there. Even if he travels between there and the UK, it seems like he'd have a place to stay. Was he expected just to book a place each time he visited the island?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
slayerwarlover
Back