Found Deceased Jay Slater, 19, missing on holiday in Tenerife, 17 June 2024 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"The search could be
'boosted by partridge hunting season'.

Hunters and their dogs could provide a breakthrough in the search for missing Jay Slater
as they walk through the area of Tenerife
where the teenager disappeared during partridge season,
locals believe.

'There will be different people in the area and a better chance of finding him'.

The season begins in early August but hunters are already in the area for training.

Also seen on Sunday,
two huntsmen, with their pack of dogs,
were spotted in the same area that was searched by a local hiking group,
along with members of Mr Slater's family the previous day."

It might boost the search as suggested but surely it would hinder or prohibit (on some days) any professional mountain search that J's parents might organise?

"However, there is hunting on Tenerife. The hunting season starts on the first Sunday in August and lasts until the second Sunday in December, but only on Thursdays and Sundays during that period."

Qassim said that Jay mentioned he wanted to keep partying and had no where to go.
Jay's hotel was close to the festival. Now why did he say he had nowhere to go? The easiest explanation would be that he had an argument with his friends and didn't want to join them in the hotel. But this can be easily disproved by Jay calling Brad after he left the airbnb when he was still in a "good mood" and sending Snapchats to friends and family when he was there.

Qassim stopped at a place to get some drinks with Jay and the 2nd man. Were they consumed there or taken in the car with them to the airbnb?

Despite wanting to keep partying, it seems like the two men wanted to get to bed pretty much right after they arrived at the Airbnb.
Qassim then said the 2nd man went straight to sleep and Jay asked for a charger. This was around the time Jay left so he clearly didn't want to hang around to charge his phone despite his original plan to ask for a charger. Did he take the charger with him?

Jay really seemed like he wanted to get out of that Airbnb, to the point he didn't even want to wait to charge his phone. I think this is the most important part that is consistent with the phone call where he said he doesn't want to go back.

The fact Ayub states in the interview he had to move his car as he was told by a man and a woman at the same time when JS is speaking to airbnb owner sits a little strange with me, I don’t know why.

From the interview:

Mr Williams-Thomas said that Qassim told him he then went to sleep and woke up to the sound of the door buzzing.

He added: 'Qassim opened the door and spoke to a woman and man and they told, him to move his car, which he did and he said he could see Jay chatting to a woman.

He said that after moving the car, he came back and saw Jay had his trainers on and he told Qassim that the woman had said he could get a bus 'every ten minutes

Qassim said to him "Chill, mate, I'll drop you off later, when I wake up' but he said Jay said 'nah, I need some scran, I'm hungry"

"Jay said 'nah, I need some scran, I'm hungry" is the other bit I find very surprising. Because I think most of us are in agreement that Jay had been on drugs at the rave (absolutely no judgement) and those drugs would have most likely been MDMA/ecstasy or cocaine, and no-one is hungry so soon after that due to them being appetite-surpressants. Thirsty absolutely but his appetite wouldn't have returned until the evening at the earliest. So either Jay lied and said he was hungry as an excuse to leave, or Ayub is lying and Jay never said that. (Or third option is that Jay was never actually on drugs, but I think we can probably rule that option out!)
I was formerly very much of the misadventure opinion, thinking that it made perfect sense that Jay went back to this Airbnb for 'afters' (read as: probably more drugs) but if we're to believe that they all just went to sleep then that that theory no longer makes any sense. All MOO.

Mark Williams-Thomas has stated that Jay was scared when he left the Airbnb so much so that Jay apparently told Lucy by phone that he couldn't go back there. He seemed happy to go with the 2 men to the air bnb maybe hoping for more partying (though apparently according to Qassim the 2 men just went straight to bed). For Jay to be scared something must have happened in the air bnb and all I can think is Jay may have taken something the men believed belonged to them maybe drugs, a watch? Very early on we heard Jay's mum had received a threatening phone call saying "kiss goodbye to your son he owes me alot of money". Could this have been from Qassim or his anonymous (so far) friend after something they owned had been taken? Just my thoughts only..

Thanks for sharing this. Very interesting. He still thinks Jay went off and got lost - so he does have some sense! I do like the fact he wants to build a map of the searches to date, great idea.
Mark Williams Thomas also
Qassim said he got a call, so I might be right in thinking Lucy called him before heading up there. Makes perfect sense to me to get their location then drives around trying to find him.

I don’t buy the ‘helping him out as his friends had all left him’

I think the guardia civil should have more questions for Q and his mate after the watch news but as they let them leave (no critisism at all on that, they worked with what info they had) not sure what the protocol would be to interview them as they’re both back in London.
Also Mark Williams Thomas said Q told him Jay went out for a cigarette/to try and buy cigarettes and came back (can't find the link now sorry), but Mark Williams Thomas also says he was 'scared'- and didn't want to go back, how can both things be right? JMO

Just doesn't make sense why the young man chose not to wait for a bus that ran every 10 minutes??? And thought to walk that distance was the better choice??? Then, reported to have gone in the wrong direction???

10 minutes til the next bus young man....he doesn't have time to wait? What's the hurry?

Coked up or not, still doesn't make sense....why the big rush to get outta there?

Just doesn't make sense why the young man chose not to wait for a bus that ran every 10 minutes??? And thought to walk that distance was the better choice??? Then, reported to have gone in the wrong direction???

10 minutes til the next bus young man....he doesn't have time to wait? What's the hurry?

Coked up or not, still doesn't make sense....why the big rush to get outta there?
the bus was not til 10 oclock. It wasnt due in 10 mins

It's said that Ophelia gestured 10 fingers to indicate that the bus would arrive at 10am,not that it was every 10 minutes
This info came from Lucy. Here's a video with Ophelia.

Must be a massive error in reporting :)

'He said that after moving the car, he came back and saw Jay had his trainers on and he told Qassim that the woman had said he could get a bus 'every ten minutes'.

Even so, it takes some seriously irrational thought processes to deduce that walking that route would be preferable to waiting even 1, or 2 hours for a bus....still doesn't make sense, still begs the question, why??? Why such a hurry to get out of there???

Qassim said that Jay mentioned he wanted to keep partying and had no where to go.
Jay's hotel was close to the festival. Now why did he say he had nowhere to go? The easiest explanation would be that he had an argument with his friends and didn't want to join them in the hotel. But this can be easily disproved by Jay calling Brad after he left the airbnb when he was still in a "good mood" and sending Snapchats to friends and family when he was there.

Qassim stopped at a place to get some drinks with Jay and the 2nd man. Were they consumed there or taken in the car with them to the airbnb?

Despite wanting to keep partying, it seems like the two men wanted to get to bed pretty much right after they arrived at the Airbnb.
Qassim then said the 2nd man went straight to sleep and Jay asked for a charger. This was around the time Jay left so he clearly didn't want to hang around to charge his phone despite his original plan to ask for a charger. Did he take the charger with him?

Jay really seemed like he wanted to get out of that Airbnb, to the point he didn't even want to wait to charge his phone. I think this is the most important part that is consistent with the phone call where he said he doesn't want to go back.
Doesn't make sense, he wanted to carry on partying, but there was no party at the Airbnb?

'He said that after moving the car, he came back and saw Jay had his trainers on and he told Qassim that the woman had said he could get a bus 'every ten minutes'.

or hes got his story mixed up

I do not believe a word Qassim says sorry
The man doth protest too much, me thinks! He has had time to prepare some answers in preparation for his talk with Mark Williams-Thomas but surely he could have done better than this. As with most lies there will be an element of truth but not much. He is covering for his friend I think as well as himself. In my opinion something untoward has occurred and he knows people are outing him so he spoke to MWT to try dispel the many accusations swirling on social media. But he has only succeeded in increasing suspicion.

No.

10 mins was what Jay wrongly understood.

And later Q told him it was not the case.

The reality was different.
Bus was at 10.
My goodness, you seemed to have missed the best part of my post :)

"Even so, it takes some seriously irrational thought processes to deduce that walking that route would be preferable to waiting even 1, or 2 hours for a bus....still doesn't make sense, still begs the question, why??? Why such a hurry to get out of there???"

My first post, so I hope I'm doing it correctly.... Lots of comments surrounding MWT's video, commenters talking about the possibility of JS stealing the Rolex from Qassim's friend. Surely, from what I have read previously, JS's own comments re stealing the watch were prior to his arrival at the house and there was allegedly a scuffle at the nightclub, associated with the theft, also prior to this? I've tried reading every post but confess I may have missed something along the way!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessiw1234