Spain Jay Slater, 19, missing on holiday in Tenerife, 17 June 2024 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
As far as I can recall, the only people Jays Dad has publicly spoken out about in any negative way are the police and the two guys staying at the Airbnb.
Does this mean he is satisfied with Jays friends accounts, i.e phone calls, information etc. Am sure as parents they would have quizzed and quizzed Jays friends, learning facts that the public need not be aware of and indeed do not need to know.

In terms of the theory that Jay stole the Rolex last minute (e.g while getting the charger) and left almost immediately, I’m really 50/50. On the one hand, if Qassim has offered Jay a towel, lift home, cigarette and phone charger, then Jay stealing the watch would be a rather nasty thing to do. It seems Qassim was considerate and hospitable that night, taking a young man on drugs to a safe place to sleep as he’s buzzing after the night’s ended. Jay would have to either really distrust these men, or dislike them for some reason, to betray them like that. I know the whole “roadman” lifestyle often is based on making money and endorsing violence to solve problems, but after such a nice favour from mutual friends you’d have to lack a lot of empathy and appreciation for them to do that. You’d also have to be pretty fearless, now that we know who Qassim is.

I am also under the impression that if this watch theft did happen, Jay would’ve had to keep his cool pretty well after the fact. I think Qassim would’ve been able to suss Jay out pretty quickly if not - after stealing a 12K watch, suddenly Jay leaves the room and is in a hurry to leave, refusing a lift, nervous and putting his shoes on? I think that’s pretty obvious IMO.

However… Jay Slater cannot be the ONLY one in Tenerife that night, at that rave, who was capable of stealing a watch. There must’ve been hundreds of young men out of their minds, perhaps many pickpockets, and we STILL have no confirmation of who this Rolex man was, or if it was even real. ALL MOO! <3
Opportunists don't care what you do for them...we fed, watered, attended to every need of workers in our home who betrayed us exactly this way. I'm talking these guys sat down and ate with us, drank wine with us, and that is EXACTLY the perfect situation for them to do what they ultimately ended up doing as we extremely naively gave them our trust on a silver spoon-no pun intended. It emboldens them.
Word of warning to others-Don't be too nice. I followed my husbands lead on that one, never again.

I'm wondering if this "do what you like" was Q getting a little annoyed at Jay and washing his hands of him.

RSBM

Let's assume Q is telling the truth. I don't know if he is, but just assume he is for a second.

He's taken a possibly drugged kid home to sleep off the effects of the party. Except the kid won't sleep; the kid won't take a shower; the kid won't even accept the offer of a lift back to his hotel in a few hours.

Putting myself in Q's position, I think I'd be annoyed myself. Jay's behavior could easily be interpreted as quite ungrateful.

Mark Williams-Thomas has stated that Jay was scared when he left the Airbnb so much so that Jay apparently told Lucy by phone that he couldn't go back there. He seemed happy to go with the 2 men to the air bnb maybe hoping for more partying (though apparently according to Qassim the 2 men just went straight to bed). For Jay to be scared something must have happened in the air bnb and all I can think is Jay may have taken something the men believed belonged to them maybe drugs, a watch? Very early on we heard Jay's mum had received a threatening phone call saying "kiss goodbye to your son he owes me alot of money". Could this have been from Qassim or his anonymous (so far) friend after something they owned had been taken? Just my thoughts only..
My only issue with his apparent phone call is what is the lead up? What did they want? Doing something to Jay doesn't get this money owed back...did they state what they wanted? Otherwise, what was the point in that call exactly?

Maybe they were going to bring Jay to someone to sell the stolen watch later in the day after they'd all had a bit of sleep?

I imagine if they party hard, they sleep until noon and go about their business in the afternoons / evenings and nobody's doing buying / selling or dodgy deals at 7am so maybe they had a sketchy plan. I would imagine for someone as young as Jay he'd be buzzing about having stolen the watch and the value of it and can't wait to exchange it for hard cash.

Maybe they were going to bring Jay to someone to sell the stolen watch later in the day after they'd all had a bit of sleep?

I imagine if they party hard, they sleep until noon and go about their business in the afternoons / evenings and nobody's doing buying / selling or dodgy deals at 7am so maybe they had a sketchy plan. I would imagine for someone as young as Jay he'd be buzzing about having stolen the watch and the value of it and can't wait to exchange it for hard cash.
I have no personal experience of this but how realistic is it that a kid who as far was we know has no form for stealing and selling on luxury watches would have any clue about how to go about this is a foreign country whilst the worse for wear after hard partying

I just don't see it

JMO

RSBM

Let's assume Q is telling the truth. I don't know if he is, but just assume he is for a second.

He's taken a possibly drugged kid home to sleep off the effects of the party. Except the kid won't sleep; the kid won't take a shower; the kid won't even accept the offer of a lift back to his hotel in a few hours.

Putting myself in Q's position, I think I'd be annoyed myself. Jay's behavior could easily be interpreted as quite ungrateful.

10+ years gap in ages makes a difference :)

Q is 30ish as the local lady said.

Also, the older guy was described by the cafe owner as 40ish - no wonder he went straight to bed to sleep haha

And Jay as a teen showed
typical teen behaviour.
Meaning:
Annoying by default ;)

JMO

PS
Ages of guys were reported in MSM

Last edited:
1. Please don't assume nationality like this, it is xenophobic. Eastern European usually means Czech, Slovak, Polish, Croatian, Serbian, Macedonian, Romanian, Slovenian, and so on. I know "Russian" evokes this image of someone scary and illicit but there are way scarier types in Europe proper who are more likely to own a Rolex or adjacent expensive brand. We don't even know this guy exists.

2. The question is valid though, and I'm sure LE are well focused on connecting the dots in spite of telling the media they think Jay got 'lost'

I respect your personal experience, but we actually have no idea if Jay did drugs, what drugs he did or how he felt and have no choice but to take Q at face value until there is evidence to suggest otherwise. IMO he is very sus, but he doesn't need to lie about whether Jay was hungry or not. The lie would be that they have nothing to do with his disappearance if they indeed do. Everything else they have said could be 100% true and they could still have driven him to a cliff and shoved him over the edge.
I am Austrian and my previous message was deleted by mods. If Slovaks, Czech etc. are Eastern Europeans then Austrias should be as well. US people should have better knowledge about Europe

I have no personal experience of this but how realistic is it that a kid who as far was we know has no form for stealing and selling on luxury watches would have any clue about how to go about this is a foreign country whilst the worse for wear after hard partying

I just don't see it

JMO

That's exactly my point - he had hot property and thought that perhaps they are older / wiser, more experienced at such things and have local area knowledge? That could explain why he went in the car with them to somewhere so far away when he could have otherwise gone back to his own hotel and stayed close to his friends from home?

If we assume the stolen watch story to be true (it has been perpetuated by mainstream media outlets), then what exactly was Jay proposing to do with such a hugely expensive and hot property watch? Also did he not say in the same message 'going to sell it for 10 quid'? So, selling it was in the forefront of his mind. JMO MOO

In this latest daily mail article it states that jays dad said:

'Why would you leave this road? You haven't got a clue where you are. And no one else has seen him. One woman, he's knocked on her door, she said at 10 and he went the wrong way.

Is this new information or a new sighting at 10am? Haven’t heard this information before now.

In this latest daily mail article it states that jays dad said:

'Why would you leave this road? You haven't got a clue where you are. And no one else has seen him. One woman, he's knocked on her door, she said at 10 and he went the wrong way.

Is this new information or a new sighting at 10am? Haven’t heard this information before now.

It was reported in MSM that he asked about the bus
bnb's neighbours.
So it is not new info.

I just don't see it

JMO

I honestly dont think someone who steals thinks along the lines of "hmmm maybe I just shouldn't, i'm not sure who i'd even sell it to"
Its a Rolex, its 12k worth, its sat there-not on someones wrist, potentially stolen from someone else already earlier in the night. Maybe stealing from a thief is within the boundaries of his morals.

It was reported that he asked about the bus bnb neighbours.
Ahh I think that wording is not very clear - I thought he was saying he knocked at her house at 10, not that the bus arrived at 10. But yes he must be taking about the same woman.

Anyone else tired with the "11 hour walk back to the hotel" statement...has it ever been said those words ever came out of Jays mouth?
I don't believe so.
As far as i'm aware its a statement MSM ran with taken from a discussion that Jay had with his friend regarding the drive and walk distance. Just because his friend said-"wait thats an 11 hour walk"-does NOT mean Jay left that Airbnb to take an 11 hour walk back to the hotel.

Anyone else tired with the "11 hour walk back to the hotel" statement...has it ever been said those words ever came out of Jays mouth?
I don't believe so.
As far as i'm aware its a statement MSM ran with taken from a discussion that Jay had with his friend regarding the drive and walk distance. Just because his friend said-"wait thats an 11 hour walk"-does NOT mean Jay left that Airbnb to take an 11 hour walk back to the hotel.
I agree, I've never thought that was something he actively set out to do. The road has buses and cafes and tourists, unless it's actually what you've planned to do it makes no sense that anyone would spend the whole walking and pass those things.

RSBM

I have a general picture of a youth being shown how, and persuaded, by expert older men, to do something he should not do which involved a lot of money, then the youth turning out to be unreliable and a liability to them, then something happened and the youth disappeared.

Does anyone think that JS did not go with them voluntarily but was possibly forced to go with them? There are so many inconsistencies and variations. They said he had nowhere else to go yet he was staying in Los Chris and they could have dropped him there, they said he was going to walk 11 hours back and he had gone out to get cigarettes. It has now been said he had gone out for food. Now we are hearing that the two men went to bed as soon as they got to the accommodation. Why would JS voluntarily go there with people he hardly knew when he had accommodation of his own. It was stated that he wouldn’t wait for a lift back later on and instead left on foot. They said he wouldn’t wait for the bus and walked the wrong way. It would be interesting to hear the variations of what the men told the Police in comparison to what is being said now.

Does anyone think that JS did not go with them voluntarily but was possibly forced to go with them? There are so many inconsistencies and variations. They said he had nowhere else to go yet he was staying in Los Chris and they could have dropped him there, they said he was going to walk 11 hours back and he had gone out to get cigarettes. It has now been said he had gone out for food. Now we are hearing that the two men went to bed as soon as they got to the accommodation. Why would JS voluntarily go there with people he hardly knew when he had accommodation of his own. It was stated that he wouldn’t wait for a lift back later on and instead left on foot. They said he wouldn’t wait for the bus and walked the wrong way. It would be interesting to hear the variations of what the men told the Police in comparison to what is being said now.

By MSM:
(if my memory serves me right)

- friends tried to stop him from going (Lucy?)

- in the car he was cheerfully exchanging messages with Brad

- in the morning he was chilling on the steps of bnb smoking a cigarette and sent a picture/or a video of the surroundings,
Not SOS note

- in the morning he again was talking to Brad in good spirits

I don't think all info above indicates kidnapping.

JMO

By MSM:
(if my memory serves me right)

-
- in the car he was cheerfully exchanging messages with Brad
- in the morning he was chilling on the steps of bnb smoking a cigarette and sent a picture/or a video of the surroundings
Not SOS note
- in the morning he again was talking to Brad in good spirits

I don't think all info above indicates kidnapping

friends tried to stop him from going (Lucy?)

See, this confuses me. Which friends tried to stop him going? I recall it being said but AQ says Jay’s mates weren’t around. Lucy said she’d gone home early. Brad was obviously awake as Jay was messaging him. So which friends tried to stop him, and why?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juniah
Back