Spain Jay Slater, 19, missing on holiday in Tenerife, 17 June 2024 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

A source close to the case told the Mirror that investigators are still hoping to find the 19-year-old alive and are not working on the basis he was "missing feared dead".

Renewed hope? I wonder who "the source close to the case" is? Can this even be trusted?
Lets say Jay is alive...what theories do we have? Is that even something we are allowed to discuss? Apologies if not...
Do you think perhaps jay is being held somewhere for his own safety by friends of ayub maybe jay reclaimed a watch that had already been stolen and not just robbed off some random person and before the gangsters came a knocking ayub got him offside without been seen maybe ophelia is in on the cover up as she doesn't want any damage to come to her property ..I need to stop watching crime dramas

One possibility is he was trying to cover his tracks, for whatever resaon. He walks off the road and into rough terrain, then throws his phone. Then he continues, presumably thinking he was advancing towards a town, a sea resort or similar.

"I just think he's being held against his will," Duncan said. "He's not a stupid lad. He wouldn't have gone walking down bloody mountains.

"There's a road there with tourists and buses and properties, He's not that daft."

Speaking from near Rural de Teno park in northwest Tenerife, Lucy Mae said: "Jay's not stupid, it was just before 9 o’clock in the morning when he rang me so broad daylight and the area he was in is full of hikers.

Trying to hold back her emotions, Lucy recounted today where Jay was last known to be. "He was in the mountains but it was just off a main road so this is what I don't understand. He's not stupid, in my mind he's not going to go off a main path and down a sheer drop or cliffs unless he's been forced down by someone who could have been following him."

"And he's not a stupid boy - he's got some nous about him.

"If he saw someone, the first thing he would do is say 'I need to ring my mum' - I know that for a fact. He would never ever have his mum worrying like this.

“As soon as I drove up there I knew he wasn’t going to [go off the road]. He’s not stupid. When I saw the police officers I asked them seriously, ‘Would you like to get off the road?’ So I think that woke them up a little bit.”

"He's not stupid. If he didn't have a room key he could have gone to reception for a replacement."
But we only have Lucy who has also told us he was off the road? The only other person who spoke to him was Brad and he was next to the road then as he saw him step over the bollards.

Do you think perhaps jay is being held somewhere for his own safety by friends of ayub maybe jay reclaimed a watch that had already been stolen and not just robbed off some random person and before the gangsters came a knocking ayub got him offside without been seen maybe ophelia is in on the cover up as she doesn't want any damage to come to her property ..I need to stop watching crime dramas

I know that some say that

"Life is stranger than fiction"

but
IMO it is not the case here.

I still think it is a Missing Person case.
And, unfortunately, the teen got lost.

As it happens every holiday all over the world.

Media in my my country
(Poland)
are full of reports of either drownings or missing teens during summer months.

That is reality.
Sad reality.

JMO

I'm sure if the parents were told to keep information about their son being still alive they would keep it private especially if they were told it could jeopardise Jay's life to reveal to anyone outside of themselves they are using the press to keep jay prominent in people's minds so he is not just another number on a missing list I'm sure they would be smart enough to know when to keep quiet too do you not think
This is also a potential reason for holing up in the hotel- I’m not sure I would be able to trust myself with that information if pressed by the reporters my face gives away far too much without a word being spoken.

*it's sometimes helpful to go back to the beginning when additional information has since come forth

Debbie added: “Police have been into Jay’s room today. I’ve been in his room as well. But everything of Jay's was neatly hung up, it’s just a normal room and there’s nothing untoward there.

“His passport was there along with all his euros which I’ve got now. I’m not sure he had any money on him when he made that last call to his friend Lucy on Monday morning before he vanished.

“But he had his bank card and I’ve checked his bank because I can get into his account online and there’s nothing gone out since he was on Veronica’s Strip in Playa de Las Americas earlier.

“He and his friend Brad who he flew out here with would have been getting up tomorrow and flying home. They had a flight tomorrow morning. I’ve got the tickets as well as Jay’s passport which has had a stop put on it by the British authorities before they knew it was in my possession.

“Brad’s going to stay now. No-one’s going to go to the airport just in case Jay turns up there because I know for a fact he would have been in contact with someone and won’t be suddenly reappearing there without warning.
Why would the police put a stop to Jay's passport if he was just missing ,was there a reason to suspect criminal activity at the start and they didn't want jay absconding can anyone shed some light on why passports are stopped like this in this circumstance

One possibility is he was trying to cover his tracks, for whatever resaon. He walks off the road and into rough terrain, then throws his phone. Then he continues, presumably thinking he was advancing towards a town, a sea resort or similar.
Would he not then say that to Lucy, or at least not have her believe he was scared, lost and abandoned in the wilderness.

I know that some say that

"Life is stranger than fiction"

but
IMO it is not the case here.

I still think it is a Missing Person case.
And, unfortunately, the teen got lost.

As it happens every holiday all over the world.

Media in my my country
(Poland)
are full of reports of either drownings or missing teens during summer months.

That is reality.
Sad reality.

JMO
Unfortunately it is Dotta the sad reality for many countries despite the warnings by coastal police etc

Jay if he is involved in any illegal activity out there would be at the bottom of the food chain, I doubt the big fish at the top would care much about him for him to need to be hidden away by anyone

Why would the police put a stop to Jay's passport if he was just missing ,was there a reason to suspect criminal activity at the start and they didn't want jay absconding can anyone shed some light on why passports are stopped like this in this circumstance
Tenerife police love putting flags on passports, it’s also easy to bypass and get off the island regardless.

Same, I noticed that too and the article is dated Jun 20. Another thing I made a mental note of "I’ve got the tickets as well as Jay’s passport which has had a stop put on it by the British authorities before they knew it was in my possession. Brad’s going to stay now."

Would he not then say that to Lucy, or at least not have her believe he was scared, lost and abandoned in the wilderness.
Perhaps make someone believe a certain scenario so as when questioned by authorities etc the person is telling their truth even though Lucy's truth could be based on Jay's lie

Same, I noticed that too and the article is dated Jun 20. Another thing I made a mental note of "I’ve got the tickets as well as Jay’s passport which has had a stop put on it by the British authorities before they knew it was in my possession. Brad’s going to stay now."
Weird maybe it's bad choice of words but bloody hell

I'm sure if the parents were told to keep information about their son being still alive they would keep it private especially if they were told it could jeopardise Jay's life to reveal to anyone outside of themselves they are using the press to keep jay prominent in people's minds so he is not just another number on a missing list I'm sure they would be smart enough to know when to keep quiet too do you not think
To be honest I am sceptical that they would keep information to themselves. The Mum and Dad are divorced so not the usual united front and both are saying different stuff to the press. Also they are going through MWT and I don't think he can be trusted to be discreet. There are also loads of different friends and family there with them and brads mum speaking for them as well. So in short I think it is wise that Police do not share information especially if any of the witnesses or friends are being discretely investigated behind the scenes. MOO of course

So far, we only have her evidence on this conversation. He could have thrown the phone after he spoke to her. Especially since he knew it was almost out of charge.
I agree we only have her word, but if they didn’t have a conversation and she knew he was hiding- why over egg the dire situation he was in. If Jay did speak to her and was planning to go into hiding, why panic your closest friend, just let her believe you got lost.

To be honest I am sceptical that they would keep information to themselves. The Mum and Dad are divorced so not the usual united front and both are saying different stuff to the press. Also they are going through MWT and I don't think he can be trusted to be discreet. There are also loads of different friends and family there with them and brads mum speaking for them as well. So in short I think it is wise that Police do not share information especially if any of the witnesses or friends are being discretely investigated behind the scenes. MOO of course
Thanks for this information. I didn't know that his parents were divorced, although I did find it weird that they never appeared together.

That investigator is out for himself and keeps feeding the press drips and drabs. If he really wanted to help, he would put all the information he's gathered straight to either the police or the public.

I agree that there is investigations going on that we are not privy to, and hopefully there will be a conclusion to this case. It might not be the one his family hope for, but at least they will have closure.

I agree we only have her word, but if they didn’t have a conversation and she knew he was hiding- why over egg the dire situation he was in. If Jay did speak to her and was planning to go into hiding, why panic your closest friend, just let her believe you got lost.
She is not his closest friend though. They met at a rave/festival in the UK last year. Its possible Lucy knew both the Air bnb guys long before she met Jay. Definitely Q as he worked out there in the Weed cafe on the strip and Lucy was a frequent visitor to that area and has also worked in bars on the strip before, then there is the other friend Brandon who seems to have gone to ground. He is pictured with Brad out there last year so it seems Jay was the only one on his first visit to Tenerife.
MOO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Selby1974