Spain Jay Slater, 19, missing on holiday in Tenerife, 17 June 2024 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Jay if he is involved in any illegal activity out there would be at the bottom of the food chain, I doubt the big fish at the top would care much about him for him to need anyone
I totally get that but what if the big fish were going to get it in the neck by bigger fish not so easy to get away with murder on holiday as perhaps at home with plenty sbout to provide false alibi and so forth ..I'm only being theoretical here in light of recently linked article as I still think he is sadly dead I hope I'm wrong but bit of a far stretch to be thinking big boys would protect a boy of no significance in the criminal world ...of course to his mam and dad jay is very important but gangland I wouldn't imagine so

I totally get that but what if the big fish were going to get it in the neck by bigger fish not so easy to get away with murder on holiday as perhaps at home with plenty sbout to provide false alibi and so forth ..I'm only being theoretical here in light of recently linked article as I still think he is sadly dead I hope I'm wrong but bit of a far stretch to be thinking big boys would protect a boy of no significance in the criminal world ...of course to his mam and dad jay is very important but gangland I wouldn't imagine so

It seems to be very murky waters
with all these fish,
big and small :rolleyes:

This constant bashing Spanish Police is getting tiresome.

JMO
Dotta, it is an important principle in democratic countries that public bodies can be examined and held accountable. It's quite dangerous not to allow room for that. In the U.K. I have had some wonderful experiences with our police but they are certainly not infallible. Since in this case L.E. are playing their cards close to their chests we don't know how effective or otherwise they are being, but no healthy police force demands not to be questioned.

Absolutely. Just watched Ibiza Narcos on Netflix, These Gangs are ruthless to say the least.

She is not his closest friend though. They met at a rave/festival in the UK last year. Its possible Lucy knew both the Air bnb guys long before she met Jay. Definitely Q as he worked out there in the Weed cafe on the strip and Lucy was a frequent visitor to that area and has also worked in bars on the strip before, then there is the other friend Brandon who seems to have gone to ground. He is pictured with Brad out there last year so it seems Jay was the only one on his first visit to Tenerife.
MOO
I’m aware of all those things- I was responding to the comment about him going AWOL deliberately- none of what Lucy then claimed would make sense, as I don’t think he would have said and/or Lucy dramatised afterwards. He would have either said nothing on a phone call to raise alarm and vanished, or he would have told Lucy what he was planning and her response would have played along with it to everyone else. Unless you think she was setting him up?

Even if he stole a watch I think the most he would get is a bit of a beating to teach him some respect, maybe black eyes and a few broken ribs or something to suggest to him to behave in the future, as such a minor player I don’t think his life would be in danger, so I doubt he is being hid

Why would the police put a stop to Jay's passport if he was just missing ,was there a reason to suspect criminal activity at the start and they didn't want jay absconding can anyone shed some light on why passports are stopped like this in this circumstance
Maybe in case it had been lost or stolen and could get into the wrong hands ?

Dotta, it is an important principle in democratic countries that public bodies can be examined and held accountable. It's quite dangerous not to allow room for that. In the U.K. I have had some wonderful experiences with our police but they are certainly not infallible. Since in this case L.E. are playing their cards close to their chests we don't know how effective or otherwise they are being, but no healthy police force demands not to be questioned.
Very sensible post. All public bodies should be held to account. The Spanish police are not exempt from this.

I get it :)

But
IMO there is a big difference between accusations and questioning.

It all depends on somebody's culture I guess.

By the way,
Families cannot call Interpol,
only official authorities can.

Oh,
Are Spanish Police or any other Police called to the UK to carry their own investigations?
Undermining British local LE?
:rolleyes:
Phew!

It seems to be very murky waters
with all these fish,
big and small :rolleyes:
It's hard to separate the wood from the trees in all this a lot of what's being reported as fact now seems to me like it was dregged from the murky waters that is SM and maybe like us webslueths MWT is theorising too but I would need a big sheet of paper and a lot of idle time to lay out the time lines and all the alleged facts in this case I hope for the parents sake jay is Alive but I think that golden hour of opportunity has long since passed and despite hypothetically suggesting theories I think they are just that theories unfortunately

I’m aware of all those things- I was responding to the comment about him going AWOL deliberately- none of what Lucy then claimed would make sense, as I don’t think he would have said and/or Lucy dramatised afterwards. He would have either said nothing on a phone call to raise alarm and vanished, or he would have told Lucy what he was planning and her response would have played along with it to everyone else. Unless you think she was setting him up?
I honestly dont know what to think anymore ! It is possible she was setting him up but probably not IMO None of it makes sense . She may have wanted to raise awareness of his missing status to police and the mountain walk a story to cover for someone who had harmed Jay. MOO

A lot of theories were given at the beginning of the case, many which have resurfaced over the past 26 days without much progress in knowing what happened. It seems likely, to me at least, that drugs were somehow involved. And it seems likely to me that not everyone has been truthful about all they know. The police dont appear to be that interested, just going through the motions. I dont think that Jay is being held by anyone, he is a 19 year old kid. It doesn't seem likely, to me, that he has escaped from the island or is hiding anywhere on the island. That leads to the conclusion that he is dead, whether by his mistake or by someone's hand I would not like to hazard a guess. Will we will ever know the truth? Family and friends seem to be doing all they can to keep the case alive, I hope it will have a purpose for their sakes.

Mainland Spain has issues with the police in Tenerife. The police in Tenerife have issues as they are understaffed to deal with the issues. The island itself is a mish mash of people from all over the world, many of whom have moved there knowing that it is a gateway to crime and corruption and add to the problems. Throw in their reputation for encouraging teenagers over with festivals and cheap package deals, which they also have to deal with. Locals protesting against tourists as they can not afford to stay on the island.

You never know the one thing that may come out of this is addressing the real problems, with more funding for the local police and support from mainland Spain.

Jays parents would be as frustrated with any police force at this point in time.

Ultimately it’s the negative press shouting about these things that implement change- we only have to reflect on WC in London and how it is slowly causing a change in police vetting to see that it’s not calling it out for the sake of it, but calling it out in the hope improvements are made and lessons learnt in the future.

Even if he stole a watch I think the most he would get is a bit of a beating to teach him some respect, maybe black eyes and a few broken ribs or something to suggest to him to behave in the future, as such a minor player I don’t think his life would be in danger, so I doubt he is being hid

I agree with you here, but, even a beating like this could have dire consequences, for instance a broken rib could cause a punctured lung, a black eye or punch in the head could cause a brain haemorrhage and so on, leading to death.

Last edited:
An internet search reveals some beautiful hiking scenery - path open down to masca beach on Fri sat sun only ( under ticket)
With a requirement to book a water taxi

Wonder if he thought he’d do that and somehow entered the gorge

One possibility is he was trying to cover his tracks, for whatever resaon. He walks off the road and into rough terrain, then throws his phone. Then he continues, presumably thinking he was advancing towards a town, a sea resort or similar.
I don’t think teenagers willingly throw their phones away

He has walked on far from the last ping in my opinion

Mainland Spain has issues with the police in Tenerife. The police in Tenerife have issues as they are understaffed to deal with the issues. The island itself is a mish mash of people from all over the world, many of whom have moved there knowing that it is a gateway to crime and corruption and add to the problems. Throw in their reputation for encouraging teenagers over with festivals and cheap package deals, which they also have to deal with. Locals protesting against tourists as they can not afford to stay on the island.

You never know the one thing that may come out of this is addressing the real problems, with more funding for the local police and support from mainland Spain.

Jays parents would be as frustrated with any police force at this point in time.

Ultimately it’s the negative press shouting about these things that implement change- we only have to reflect on WC in London and how it is slowly causing a change in police vetting to see that it’s not calling it out for the sake of it, but calling it out in the hope improvements are made and lessons learnt in the future.

Although I have no basis upon which to directly criticise the Spanish Police for how they've conducted this investigation so far, it would not surprise me one bit if they've treated a missing British tourist as particularly low priority in their never-ending list of things they have to deal with on a daily basis. Especially in the first week or so before the media frenzy began.
The British in particular have an absolutely disgraceful reputation in Mediterranean tourist hot spots, and I feel that this distaste for UK nationals (particularly the 18-30 crowd) is often underestimated by people from other nations.

Combine this with the negative press that the local Tenerife LE have been receiving from overly vocal individuals on social/mainstream media regarding this case, and I'd imagine that many of the officials involved are giving this investigation a lot less than they would had it been a local that had vanished. JMO.

Police forces all over the world have corrupt officers but there is also great police officers I think to tarnish a whole unit is wrong and while I feel Jay's parents are venting there anger in grief I feel the papers are exploiting their every word even if the parents are frustrated in the process and progress being made I feel that no matter what circumstance the words are said it's going to print from what I can see so far correct me if I'm wrong Warren in particular is having questions and microphones shoved in his face on dust paths while actively searching for his son if every word I uttered in anger was put in print It would probably come across very badly

I get it :)

But
IMO there is a big difference between accusations and questioning.

It all depends on somebody's culture I guess.

By the way,
Families cannot call Interpol,
only official authorities can.

Oh,
Are Spanish Police or any other Police called to the UK to carry their own investigations?
Undermining British local LE?
:rolleyes:
Phew!
Yes, I know Interpol can't be called by the public. If they thought there were links with organised crime routes (U.K./ Spain/ beyond), though, they would indeed communicate with Interpol, certainly when something has become high profile enough to interfere with business, which this definitely has.

Culturally it is quite different from here to Southern Spain and the Canary Islands. Can you give me an example of a high-profile case where a Spanish national has been lost or killed or wanted for a crime here, and the U.K. police have not managed to sort things out? I can't think of one off the top of my head but that may have more to do with how business and the movement of people happen differently in different parts of Europe than with our forces being especially competent. If you can think of a few cases like that, or even one case, we could have a look and see if we can answer your question. I bet they do exist!

I can only think of cases that were solved pretty promptly. We had two murders here committed by non-U.K. E.U. nationals within 24 hours of each other, Eleni Pachou and Moira Jones. One of the murderers was from Canarias, and Eleni was Greek. Moira's killer was Slovakian and they had to go and get him under a European arrest warrant. There was also the case of Karen Buckley a few years ago. Of course, the U.K. was still in the E.U. during these cases, which might have implications for communication.

Witnesses not yet spoken to include this mystery couple that knocked the door to have the car moved. And the American that took Lucy up to the mountains.
I'd be interested in knowing more from them...

According to Qassim, the couple were at his door at the same time as he noticed Jay talking to a woman at the bus stop. This is the evidence I mentioned. Whether it is reliable or not, who can say?
This is my final word on the matter, as it is just one of multiple aspects of this case.

Nothing seems to be reliable.

But I'm looking at 6am timing.

I've seen:

6am - Neighbours at Casa Abuela Tina report noises from the house.

(Ofelia about when they arrived)
She added: "I didn't see him and the people who were renting the property get back but I've been told there was noise around 6am on Monday so I imagine it was around that time.

Then we also have couples/neighbours asking them to move the car.

Edit: grammar

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GinTonic